Tournament TLT II: Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banner and approval by sirDonovan

Welcome to the second week of TLT II! Throughout this tournament, players will battle in a best-of-three/best-of-five(from the 8th round on) format each round, with Smogon's standard tiers being the metagames played. This tournament is also double elimination, so if you're defeated once, you're still in the loser's portion of the bracket.

The tiers that will be played are:

SM Ubers
SM OU
SM UU
SM RU
SM NU
SM PU
SM LC
SM Doubles OU
SM Monotype

In order to fairly determine the three of these nine tiers played in each individual matchup, players will take turns locking and eliminating tiers among themselves. They'll both lock one tier, followed by eliminating three tiers, thus leaving three tiers to be played. The lower seeded player will lock the first tier, followed by the higher seed player. Then the lower seeded player will eliminate the first tier, followed by the higher seed player, and it will repeat in that order two more times. The higher seed player picks what tier is played first of the three tiers. After that, the loser of game one picks which of the two tiers is played for game two. Naturally, game three will be played in the last remaining tier.

(Example: TWW is a one seed, while MJ is a sixteen seed. MJ, the lower seed, decides to lock Ubers, followed by TWW locking RU. At this point, neither Ubers nor RU can be eliminated. MJ, the lower seed, chooses to first eliminate UU. TWW follows with OU. MJ then eliminates LC, and TWW eliminates Doubles OU. MJ then eliminates NU, and TWW eliminates Monotype. So thus the three tiers that would be played are Ubers (what MJ locked in), RU (what TWW locked in) and PU (the tier that didn't get banned). Of these tiers remaining, TWW, the higher seed, chooses to play RU first. TWW then loses game one, and chooses to play PU next. Should it go to game three, the game mode would be Ubers.)

Basic tournament rules - you absolutely should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments
Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done. Extensions will be for two days after the scheduled deadline, and no further. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this tournament as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).

Substitutions: Substitutions will be made only for rounds one & two, with round two subs only being allowed for any participants in the loser's bracket.

Round 2 winners bracket
OminousDraco vs EternalSnowman
Hell Rayquaza3000 vs Ronman5
Dj Breloominati♬ vs Ninjadog13
Luthier vs Mysterious M
Twixtry vs PokemonCestDur
leo05051998 vs Taylor
Mack Knife vs PrinceOfAllTacos
Poison Adhesive vs Chaitanya
Jrdn vs imjustgray
snøfall vs Hamhamhamham
bdov vs TheFranklin
Cam vs Marination
Xiri vs BigBoy038
100%GXE vs t0te
lkapkd1 vs naruto(sage)
soTsoT vs Roseybear

Round 2 losers bracket
SMB vs Serene Grace
PokeArt2004 vs lightning1870
peachycl0uds vs Vinest
Col. James Rhodes vs Kingofcrimea
frisoeva vs RaJ.Shoot
PapaBisexual vs London13
neomon vs Anime Sans
trace vs Dollainthewoods
Havens vs halaman95
DanDaMan99 vs Mikaav
Samspark vs Not Miyan
3.14dgeot-Mega vs Plas
Elgino10 vs Abbp
Sificon vs SANJAY
littlelachyjn vs WeepingDevil
Go0d vs Chinese food lover

(The higher seed is always on the left side)

Here is the full bracket for everyone: https://challonge.com/pwi5166d
Highight matchups:

Luthier vs Mysterious M
snøfall
vs Hamhamhamham
Xiri vs BigBoy038
SMB
vs Serene Grace

This round ends December 16th at 11:59pm (GMT-5). Good luck everyone!

Replays are not mandatory but very much appreciated.

If you are a highlight game and want your series to be streamed, please make sure to either post or pm me the scheduled time!

Last edited:
Expert Predictions most certainly not based on amount of characters per name
Round 2 winners bracket
Hell Rayquaza3000 vs Ronman5
Dj Breloominati♬ vs Ninjadog13
Luthier vs Mysterious M
Twixtry vs PokemonCestDur
leo05051998 vs Taylor
Mack Knife vs PrinceOfAllTacos
Poison Adhesive vs Chaitanya
Jrdn vs imjustgray
snøfall vs Hamhamhamham
bdov vs TheFranklin
Cam vs Marination
Xiri vs BigBoy038
100%GXE vs t0te
lkapkd1 vs naruto(sage)
soTsoT vs Roseybear

Round 2 losers bracket
SMB vs Serene Grace
PokeArt2004 vs lightning1870
peachycl0uds vs Vinest
Col. James Rhodes vs Kingofcrimea
frisoeva vs RaJ.Shoot
PapaBisexual vs London13
neomon vs Anime Sans
trace vs Dollainthewoods
Havens vs halaman95
DanDaMan99 vs Mikaav
Samspark vs Not Miyan
3.14dgeot-Mega vs Plas
Elgino10 vs Abbp
Sificon vs SANJAY
littlelachyjn vs WeepingDevil
Go0d vs Chinese food lover

Mack Knife

Future 50th President
Meme Predicts (Take II)​

Less cringe this time (All decided with a coinflip).

Round 2 winners bracket
OminousDraco vs EternalSnowman - This way esm gets to lose to hr1 rd 4 bc he forgets what torrent does
Hell Rayquaza3000 vs Ronman5 - I like seeing hr1 wacky teams
Dj Breloominati♬ vs Ninjadog13 - heads
Luthier vs Mysterious M - LuthCHOKE
Twixtry vs PokemonCestDur - The power of france
leo05051998 vs Taylor - king
LowClassTacoWarrior vs PrinceOfAllTacos
Poison Adhesive
vs Chaitanya - I really dont get his name
Jrdn vs imjustgray - Wtf... Tails!! CMon man! What an upset!
snøfall vs Hamhamhamham - HamSlam take 2
bdov vs TheFranklin - b.d.o.v. : Best Driver On V-anythinggoes
Cam vs Marination - heads
Xiri vs BigBoy038 - Gonna win on activity bc his opponent is scared
100%GXE vs t0te - bc I want t0te v lkapkd rd 6
lkapkd1 vs naruto(sage) - Same as above
soTsoT vs Roseybear - Rosey is gonna lose to raj in losers (rip)

Round 2 losers bracket
SMB
vs Serene Grace - The power of france
PokeArt2004 vs lightning1870 - Heads (Sorry neg)
peachycl0uds vs Vinest - Tails but peachy shouldnt lose
Col. James Rhodes vs Kingofcrimea - Rhodes gets to go back to fighting thanos
frisoeva vs RaJ.Shoot - obvs
PapaBisexual vs London13 - Gets to lose to raj rd 4
neomon vs Anime Sans - Wins ou and tails
trace vs Dollainthewoods - heads
Havens vs halaman95 - heads
DanDaMan99 vs Mikaav - Can DanSlam still be a thing?
Samspark vs Not Miyan - Never trust a man named "Not something."
3.14dgeot-Mega vs Plas - This would really really tilt plas
Elgino10 vs Abbp - I like the two b's in his name
Sificon vs SANJAY - The real darkhorse now
littlelachyjn vs WeepingDevil - heads (plus the guy let me down and lost to lk)
Go0d vs Chinese food lover - He is pretty good

Gray

stop ballcapping
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Predictions teehee (dont take my word for it)

EternalSnowman vs OminousDraco - Biggest highlight of this round, and I see this going to 3 games but esm should pull through
Hell Rayquaza3000 vs Ronman5 - I have come to see that Hellray is an absolute beast and is one of the sleepers for this tour, idk much about ronman but hes gonna have a tough time...hellray in 2
Ninjadog13 vs Dj Breloominati - this is an underrated matchup for this round, and both players are pretty damn good, but I have ninja pulling this one in 3 games
Luthier vs Mysterious M - Overall I believe mysterious m is a slightly better player, but i sense an upset coming from luthier in 3
PokemonCestDur vs Twixtry - I absolutely knew PCD was gonna be slept on before tlt began but hopefully now he has respek on his name after round 1. Both players are dark horses for tlt but i got PCD in 2.
leo05051998 vs Taylor - both are solid players, but i think Leo is better overall, so I’ll take him in 2 really close games.
PrinceOfAllTacos vs Mack Knife - slightly biased cuz tacos is a friend of mine but hes still hella underrated, and I feel like he’ll prove himself again by beating Mack (whos a good player) in 3.
Chaitanya vs Poison Adhesive - I been know poison was really good but Chaitanya beat trace in 2 of his good tiers so im kinda just gonna pick him lmao
Jrdn vs imjustgray - sigh jrdn in 2
Hamhamhamham vs snofall - a great highlight, although i heard ham is insane so im taking him in 2
Bdov vs TheFranklin - Franklin is pretty impressive based on what i saw, but bdov should still take this one in 3
Cam vs Marination - I feel like this is one of the closer matchups of the round, as both arw solid players, but cam should take this in 3.
Xiri vs BigBoy038 - Bigboy is great but from what i saw, xiri is slightly greater so gimme xiri in 3
100%GXE vs t0te - i can confidently say that 100%gxe is the dark horse of tlt, and can show us that during his match with t0te (100%gxe in 2)
naruto(sage) vs lkapkd1 - lmao naruto in 2
Roseybear vs soTsoT - i havent seen much from soT but they scored 120+ points in cycle 1 so they’re prob pretty good. I think rosey will barely make it out in this series in 3 games
SMB vs Serene Grace - Serene grace will take LC and SMB will take dou and then smb will barely take whatever the last tier is..smb in 3
Pokeart2004 vs lightning1870 - its beyond me, lightning is good but ive heard from poke that shes gonna work hard to win this one.
Peachycl0uds vs Vinest - im convinced that vinest is better than most people think but peachyclouds should still take this one in 2
kingofcrimea vs Col. James Rhodes - rhodes is pretty good but i think crimea will be too much...crimea in 2
Frisoeva vs Raj.Shoot - sigh...i actually want raj to win cuz hes raj but fris will prob take it in 2
London13 vs PapaBisexual - huskiez (papabisexual) is a good player but i feel like london is on another level, gimme london in 2
Neomon vs Anime Sans - as much as sans keeps saying that hes gonna win, its probably gonna be neomon in 2 assuming he doesnt misplay
Trace vs Dollainthewoods - idk anything about dolla except his battle against poison but trace should be able to shake off that first blood loss and win in 2
Havens vs halaman95 - Havens is a very solid player and should win this one in 2
DanDaMan99 vs Mikaav - the upset of round 2 boys, dan in 3
Samspark vs Not Miyan - i have no idea lol
Plas vs 3.14dgeot-Mega - plas is one of the biggest threats in the losers bracket sooo gimme him in 2
Elgino10 vs Abbp - dont know much about this one at all but i think elgino is better?
SANJAY vs Sificon - idk much about sificon but sanjay is decent so ill take him
Littlelachyjn vs WeepingDevil - lachy is soooo slept on, gimme lachy in 2
Go0d vs Chinese food lover - idk anything about chinese food lover but they gave soT a hell of a series, but i think go0d will still take this in 3 cuz hes impressed me based on what i saw from him so far

Good set of r1 games, generally been fun to spectate. Also 2 greats sets to start off r2 with. Hoping to see some more.
Don't worry if you lost in round 1. In case you didn't know, last years winner Jrsmash9 was relegated to the loser's bracket in round 1 and proceded to win, I think, 13 best of 3's in a row to take the title. Don't give up

WINNERS
EternalSnowman
vs OminousDraco - I think esm should take this in a good and close series. OD is great all round but not having a tier that is a very likely win puts him on the back foot here
Hell Rayquaza3000 vs Ronman5 - Hell Ray still uses whack teams but he plays pretty well with them and picks up wins so who's really the one laughing?
Ninjadog13 vs Dj Breloominati - Ninjadog played very well r1 and i can't see him dropping a game here
PokemonCestDur vs Twixtry - Hot upset in r1 for PCD but it's pretty hard to pull off 2 in a row against a very solid and pretty well rounded player here.
leo05051998 vs Taylor - Leo shouted out like 20 people after winning in r1. Therefore we know he's a sweaty tryhard and he's gonna prep like crazy. If taylor doesn't switch up his playstyle i can see leo winning in pretty dominant fashion
PrinceOfAllTacos vs Mack Knife - Seemed surprised that i didn't know who he was in my r1 predicts. Unfort i still don't know who you are but you absolutely schooled Anime Sans in r1 so giving you the upper hand here
Chaitanya vs Poison Adhesive - 2 mono mains (i think). Chaitanya is the better mono player so he should take this set
Jrdn vs imjustgray - Ban Magearna after Weavile, OK?!
Bdov vs TheFranklin - TheFranklin is very solid and definitely a sleeper pick. But bdov is out here trying to prove himself and rid the meme reputation he gave himself last year
Cam vs Marination - Cam played a very solid r1 win and i think he's the better player in this matchup too. Haven't seen any of marinations play so maybe he's some secret weapon about to go on a deep run? Who knows?
Xiri vs BigBoy038 - Probably my favourite matchup this week. I'll say xiri will take it but BigBoy definitely has the tools to take this set too
100%GXE vs t0te - This played very well in beating sanjay in r1. Definitely turned a few heads. Providing he's seen at least one t0te game ever he should take this set
Roseybear vs soTsoT - I think soT is a better all rounder and more versatile with the tiers. Should go to a g3 but i expect soT will take it

LOSERS
SMB vs Serene Grace - I think this set will fully rest on serene's team choice in g3. They both should win their locks fairly comfortably and then g3 could well come down to a stall vs cheese matchup. Would be pretty crazy for last years runner-up to lose r2 though.
Pokeart2004 vs lightning1870 - Sorry i dont know anything about pokeart, whereas nightning can have some pretty high highs, but also very low lows. All things considered this should be nightnings set
Peachycl0uds vs Vinest - Scary player to have lurking in losers already. Should take this pretty handily
kingofcrimea vs Col. James Rhodes - KoC is solid player and lost in a good set to luthier so i think he should win this fairly convincingly
Frisoeva vs Raj.Shoot - Friso isn't going out r2
London13 vs PapaBisexual - Don't know papa and london is pretty decent
Neomon vs Anime Sans - Both had really disappointing r1 sets but neomon is a better player fundamentally so should win this
Trace vs Dollainthewoods - Can't get first blooded when you're asleep when the round goes up :wesmart:
Havens vs halaman95 - Don't know much about either but havens having a 'main' should give him the edge
DanDaMan99 vs Mikaav - Another scary player to have lurking in losers already. Good all rounder with a probably 'guaranteed win' tier. Can't see him losing this
Samspark vs Not Miyan - Better player in my opinion
Plas vs 3.14dgeot-Mega - Depends if plas pays attention or not but he's easily the better player
Elgino10 vs Abbp - abbp lost to activity... enough said
SANJAY vs Sificon - Sanjay was really glad to get the chance to sub in. I expect he can make a very deep run from losers bracket
Littlelachyjn vs WeepingDevil - Honestly i thought both these guys might win r1 so a shame one has to drop so early. I think whimpering has more of an edge in his 'best' tier so i'll favour him slightly for the set
Go0d vs Chinese food lover - I know absolutely nothing about chinese food lover whereas i know go0d is actually a decent player

Predicts sound like fun
EternalSnowman vs OminousDraco - This is gonna be a good one could easily go either way but I think esm has the slight edge here
Hell Rayquaza3000 vs Ronman5 - Don't know ron but hell ray is a solid player
Ninjadog13 vs Dj Breloominati - Honestly just like thier name better
PokemonCestDur vs Twixtry - more letters = more skill
leo05051998 vs Taylor - Don't know taylor, leo seems solid though
PrinceOfAllTacos vs Mack Knife - Dont sleep on prince I hear tacos are quite deadly when provoked
Chaitanya vs Poison Adhesive - I know adhesive is solid haven't heard of chaitanya tho
Jrdn vs imjustgray - I'm rooting for gray but Jrdn is Jrdn hopefully I'm be wrong here
Bdov vs TheFranklin - Think bdov has this ez
Cam vs Marination - Haven't heard of marination
Xiri vs BigBoy038 - Toss up but id give xiri the slight edge
100%GXE vs t0te - I dont know who but this is definitly someones alt
Roseybear vs soTsoT - soT is solid but rosey isn't someone to sleep on could go to soT but I think rosey has this
SMB vs Serene Grace - SMB in losers is insane enough thier not going out r2
Pokeart2004 vs lightning1870 - sleeper pick but a damn good one at that
Peachycl0uds vs Vinest - Don't know vinest
kingofcrimea vs Col. James Rhodes - Heads
Frisoeva vs Raj.Shoot- Tails
London13 vs PapaBisexual- Last time a papi randomly showed up they blew everyone back
Neomon vs Anime Sans - Snatched by a skarm
Trace vs Dollainthewoods - I don't see trace going out r2
Havens vs halaman95 - So many coin flips
DanDaMan99 vs Mikaav - Don't know mik but dan is pretty good
Samspark vs Not Miyan - Sam is solid so long as they try i don't see them losing
Plas vs 3.14dgeot-Mega - Plas will not go out r2.
Elgino10 vs Abbp - Act R1 assuming same deal here
SANJAY vs Sificon - Again so long as sanjay tries i don't see them losing
Littlelachyjn vs WeepingDevil - :]
Go0d vs Chinese food lover - Don't know chinese but Go0d is G0od

Round 2 winners bracket

OminousDraco vs EternalSnowman - esm is impossible to prep for so i'll give him the edge. expecting a good one
Hell Rayquaza3000 vs Ronman5 - this kid invented cb spiritomb, can't predict against him
Dj Breloominati♬ vs Ninjadog13 - i think both have a large gap in skill in their mains but ninja is better player overall
Luthier vs Mysterious M - missed this :blobastonished:
Twixtry vs PokemonCestDur - pcd is back it again with his godslayer tendencies but I'm still gonna pick the favorite here
leo05051998 vs Taylor - leo actually played his set vs london really well so I'm expecting good things here on out
Mack Knife vs PrinceOfAllTacos - toss up. picking the one who beat the better player
Poison Adhesive vs Chaitanya - chait is brazy. imagine staying in on an obvious scarf grade with tyrantrum and clicking head smash
Jrdn vs imjustgray - imjustgray isn't bad but there's a very large skill gap imo
snøfall vs Hamhamhamham - this is one of the ones I'm super excited about. honestly i can see this going either way but I'm going to pick ham due to him being ham
bdov vs TheFranklin - gg it's emvee bdov
Cam vs Marination - strong team choice and incredible luck will pull cam through
Xiri vs BigBoy038 - this is my favorite set out of all of them this round. I'm expecting something like PU/OU/UU each of them are far ahead in their locks but super close in the 3rd. picking xiri because i think he has the slight edge in the 3rd.
100%GXE vs t0te - g0at
lkapkd1 vs naruto(sage) - happened :blobsad: gotta stop missing these
soTsoT vs Roseybear - blt legend

Round 2 losers bracket

SMB vs Serene Grace - the fact that we are losing one of these 2 r2 still boggles my mind. picking sg off of a gut feeling really but seeing last year's dominant runner up go out r2 sounds way too crazy to be true
PokeArt2004 vs lightning1870 - L
peachycl0uds vs Vinest - peachy takes this. got nothing else
Col. James Rhodes vs Kingofcrimea - while kbp did take an ubers game off of MM of all people (mostly because MM threw the game hard) still gonna pick crimea here
frisoeva vs RaJ.Shoot - still think he's the favorite to take the whole tour. don't let me down fris
PapaBisexual vs London13 - wasn't all that impressed by huskiez in his first series and london still played well even tho he lost.
neomon vs Anime Sans - don't drop the ball again neomon
trace vs Dollainthewoods - trace only loses to first blood
Havens vs halaman95 - havens took a game and halaman didn't so i'll go with havens
DanDaMan99 vs Mikaav - poor dan. back to back good players. go weavs :woo:
Samspark vs Not Miyan - honestly i think miyan has an edge over sam here just because of his affinity in pu and sam still being a bit rusty
3.14dgeot-Mega vs Plas - give plas better luck. he deserves it
Elgino10 vs Abbp - pretty sure abbp lost to act call so elgino it is
Sificon vs SANJAY - surprised he's in losers gl bro
littlelachyjn vs WeepingDevil - gut feeling + i know he has his fundamentals. haven't seen enough from WD
Go0d vs Chinese food lover - go0d vs mystery man. picking the one that isn't a mystery

Highlights:
1. Xiri vs BigBoy038
2. SMB vs Serene Grace
3. ESM vs OD
4. snofall vs ham
5. Luth vs MM

Predictions using advanced statistics, plz note the algorithm is not always right

Round 2 winners bracket
OminousDraco (14%) vs EternalSnowman (20%)
Hell Rayquaza3000 (.4%) vs Ronman5 (99.5%)
Dj Breloominati♬ (100%) vs Ninjadog13 (0%)
Luthier vs Mysterious M (precimiss blades)
Twixtry
(17%) vs PokemonCestDur (16%)
leo05051998 (15%) vs Taylor (17%)
Mack Knife (50%) vs PrinceOfAllTacos (50%)
Poison Adhesive (31.4%) vs Chaitanya (63%)
Jrdn (0%) vs imjustgray (100%)
snøfall (420%) vs Hamhamhamham (69%)
bdov
(∞) vs TheFranklin (-∞)
Cam (123%) vs Marination (456%)
Xiri (0.37%) vs BigBoy038 (0.38%)
100%GXE (100%) vs t0te (200%)
lkapkd1 (1%) vs naruto(sage) (99%)
soTsoT (1/3) vs Roseybear (3/4)

Predictions using advanced statistics, plz note the algorithm is not always right

Round 2 winners bracket
OminousDraco (14%) vs EternalSnowman (20%)
Hell Rayquaza3000 (.4%) vs Ronman5 (99.5%)
Dj Breloominati♬ (100%) vs Ninjadog13 (0%)
Luthier vs Mysterious M (precimiss blades)
Twixtry
(17%) vs PokemonCestDur (16%)
leo05051998 (15%) vs Taylor (17%)
Mack Knife (50%) vs PrinceOfAllTacos (50%)
Poison Adhesive (31.4%) vs Chaitanya (63%)
Jrdn (0%) vs imjustgray (100%)
snøfall (420%) vs Hamhamhamham (69%)
bdov
(∞) vs TheFranklin (-∞)
Cam (123%) vs Marination (456%)
Xiri (0.37%) vs BigBoy038 (0.38%)
100%GXE (100%) vs t0te (200%)
lkapkd1 (1%) vs naruto(sage) (99%)
soTsoT (1/3) vs Roseybear (3/4)
Jrdn at 0%? Legit xDD.

pshh ya'll think I'm gonna lose to elgino10 just because I was too scared to face Xiri? I'm mighty Casey up in this mother fucker!...which means I will still lose, but I'll go out swinging

Last edited:
pshh ya'll think I'm gonna lose to elgino10 just because I was too scared to face Xiri? I'm mighty Casey up in this mother fucker!...which means I will still lose, but I'll go out swinging
ok im not confident on smogon rules here but xiri called actitvity because u missed scheduled time and werent on smogon for days. thats extremely unsportsmanlike if u just ignored because you assumed you would lose. if you didnt want to play then dont schedule or give the win instead of having them go through the trouble of prepping and freeing up time to play you.

ok im not confident on smogon rules here but xiri called actitvity because u missed scheduled time and werent on smogon for days. thats extremely unsportsmanlike if u just ignored because you assumed you would lose. if you didnt want to play then dont schedule or give the win instead of having them go through the trouble of prepping and freeing up time to play you.
fair enough bdov. I did not actually intentionally miss the match. I'm pretty bummed that I didn't play. I just had a lot going on in the weekend and forgot I had one scheduled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)