Project Underused Teambuilding Competition - Week 77: Building! (Shaymin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

<Click sprites for importable>

So this is the best version I've been able to create using Mienshao. The team started off being built around Refresh Mega Altaria which appreciates Mienshaos ability to threaten the bulky steel types as well as dealing with the poison types like Nihilego, Tentacruel and luring in Nidoqueen to remove its lefties and chip away at it. I ended up using Banded Mienshao as the scarfer was shifted onto another member, but banded has been really nice as you can 2OHKO Amoong + Tentacruel after SR which Malt hates. Scarf Krook acts as my pursuit trapper to remove Gengar, Chandelure and Latias for Mienshao to spam HJK. I added Tentacruel as my hazard removal plus check to Cobalion, Ape and Scizor + Toxic Spikes really annoyed bulkier teams for a Malt sweep. Empoleon was then added as my SR setter + a more solid Latias check. Standard set but I opted for Roar as I felt comfortable with the Latias match-up + can rack up Poison and SR dmg, but this can honestly be swapped for Protect. The final member was Moltres acting as another Scizor check but more importantly a Malt answer which otherwise pressures this squad. Z-move was free so Flyinium is a nice nuke in general, inthe last moveslot I went for U-turn for a momentum core.

The Mienshao EVs is to eat a CB Scizor Bullet Punch and speed creep the AV Mienshao sets + Nihi. The 12 SpA Tentacruel is to 2OHKO Celebi with Sludge Wave and 3OHKO Florges after SR. As for the Malt EVs Moutemoute helped me finalize this so I'm just gonna copy this bit of text, so thank you Moute and hope you guys like the team :3

252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 168 HP / 40+ Def Altaria-Mega: 118-139 (35.4 - 41.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Krookodile Earthquake vs. 168 HP / 40+ Def Altaria-Mega: 123-145 (36.9 - 43.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Latias Psychic vs. 168 HP / 24 SpD Altaria-Mega: 123-145 (36.9 - 43.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

Enough speed to ouspeed crawdaunt and scizor
after a dd outspeed latias
after 2 dd outspeed scarf krook

Triple Regenerator Balance

Mienshao @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 100 HP / 156 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Fake Out

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Clear Smog

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Atk / 48 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Curse

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Heal Bell
- Air Slash
- Roost

Rotom-Heat @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Toxic
- Defog

So I decided to start off with assault vest Mienshao since that's what we're meant to build around so it made sense to include it from the beginning in order to make sure the team fit it. I thought about what pokemon would pair well with assault vest Shao and i decided on amoonguss as a pivot and defensive slowbro since it gave me a very reliable regenerator core to play around with. This gave my team some good longevity as well as solid answers to most of the heavy hitters in the tier such as Terrakion and the notorious clanger. After that, I identified my weaknesses to volt switchers and psychic types such as calm mind Latias, so I found a pokemon that covered both issues in Mega Steelix, which also does the job of my stealth rocker. This mega's dual typing of ground and steel was the reason I settled on it over possibilities such as mega Aggron, due to ground types blocking any potential volt switch pivots. Following this I saw that dragons might still be a weakness if the team is put in a tight bind and with the need for a ground resist as well, I decided to go for Togekiss in the 5th slot. Fairies are very useful to have on just about every team in the current UU meta game so Togekiss was a nice addition, also allowing me to answer stall teams with nasty plot and its access to heal bell. For the last Pokemon I knew I would need a form of hazard control, while also assistance when dealing with threats such as scizor and life orb mamoswine, that led me to choosing Rotom-Heat in the final spot of the team since it helped patch up any remaining notable holes the team had.

As for the Mienshao set, I went with a spread that allows you to tank +1 dracos from both latias and hydreigon to make the most out of the boost from the assault vest. U-turn is preferred to edge on more offensive builds, but for this bulkier team I elected to run edge for pokemon such as moltres and togekiss that mienshao outspeeds, but that it can normally not touch. Knock helps cripple opposing pokemon, high jump kick is shao's go to stab move and allows it to deal heavy damage while having respectable defensive stats, and lastly fake out gives mienshao a strong form of priority that allows it to continue to chip away at opponents for the duration of the battle.

Last edited:
Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Liquidation
- Toxic
- Refresh

Klefki @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Prankster
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Spikes
- Defog
- Thunder Wave

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Wish
- Seismic Toss

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab

Nidoking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

This is my first time posting on here. Been lurking for a while. Be gentle and feedback is appreciated!

Got kinda lucky meinshao was the mon this week, as I have been using this team for a while now. Let's go over the team. Will add sprites in an edit!

Let's start with the GOAT alomamola. This isn't the typical wish passing set. This is physical def alomamola. This set works as it allows it to 1v1 things like swampert with ease as well as take some hits from scizor as well as other strong physical attackers. The set of toxic and refresh help it outlast things like mirror alomamola and chansey. Spreading knock off is super useful as once the opponent realizes alomamola eats physical attacks, you can catch a ton of opponents on the switch. Liquidation helps take down some bulky steel types like mega aggro pretty easily. The occasional defense drop is more useful than a scald burn in most circumstances (and it conflicts with other status spreading on the team).

Next is klefki. He shuts down hydreigon easily. He is the defogger on the team and it is super useful to have priority defog in case hazards become a huge problem. Be careful using keys against an opponent with multiple dark types as dark type steps prankster (for....reasons I guess). One attack in play rough is enough, the rest is for spreading spikes, defogging and importantly, spreading priority paralysis. Super useful on setup sweepers like scizor and paralyzing things like mega aero to slow it down. Iapappa berry to regain some health, as in most instances it heals more over the course of the game than lefties would. Consider a fairy z crystal instead for some added punch.

Blissey is next. This a specially defensive wall. It is the rocker on the team, which is an atypical roll for blissey. Usually a good opportunity for blissey to wall a special attacker and set up rocks. She also has wish/protect for longevity. And a passed wish from blissey will heal nearly all mons to full right away, giving the team added staying power. Last move is seismic toss. Dont under estimate it! If blissey gets off 3 or 4 in a game, she did her job on offense. This does leave a big ghost weakness, but with the rest of the team, it typically isn't a problem.

Let's talk scizor. I wanted a mon with priority, as well as a set up threat, and scizor kills 2 birds with 1 stone. This is max physics def scizor. With swords dance, he does not need the ivs in attack. He also has a life orb to help boost his firepower. U-turn can add some momentum, and bullet punch when boosted enough will hit anything pretty hard. Bring in scizor mid-late game and swords dance/roost up and bullet punch everything to death. Also can bring it in on a switch to a physical attacker when alomomola wont work, and uturn out.

Now for Nidoking. This is a typical special attacking assault vest set. He hits hard enough without a life orb, and the added survivability from the av let's nidoking 1v1 life orb nidoking 1v1. Not a ton to cover here, flamethrower allows nido to Ohko scizor which is very important. Focus blast allows nido a way to hit blissey.

Lastly, our man mianshao. I wanted a fast fighting type and he fit the bill. He is choice scarfed allowing him to outspend mega beedrill and mega aero. An hjk will hit pretty much anything really hard. Drain punch will help with some longevity if necessary. Poison jab let's mianshao kill annoying fairies like primarina and togakiss, as well as hit grass types hard as well. Uturn adds some extra momentum as you can bring in mianshao from a lead position, or a revenge killer, and uturn out into something more optimal for the situation. Dont under estimate mianshao as a clean up sweeper. End-game he can come in and hjk everything do death. 1 shooting other sweepers like darmanitan and infernape.

LGPE OU Test

Banned deucer.
Triple Regenerator Bulky Balance

Mienshao @ Assault Vest
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Fake Out

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Clear Smog

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

Palossand @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Compaction
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Shore Up
- Toxic

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic
- Protect

This team is the definition of sinister - and it's probably one of my favorite builds. AV Mienshao is the star of this team and forms an incredible triple Regenerator core with Slowbro and Amoonguss. By working as both an offensive and defensive pivot, Mienshao generates momentum for this team and is a nuisance in general - spamming Knock Out to really cripple defensive builds. Slowbro acts as a bulky physical wall and can even sweep late game once it has accumulated enough CM boosts. Amoonguss can put threats to sleep and can even beat Scizor thanks to HP Fire. Clear Smog also prevents set up sweepers from becoming too threatening. Scarf Hydreigon serves as a great revenger killer and pivot, and synergizes beautifully with Palossand and Empoleon - the former being able to set up Stealth Rock and the latter being able to Defog. Overall, this team is an incredibly resilient and solid Bulky Balance build that has plenty of opportunities to wear down opposing teams and deal with a wide variety of threats before slowly setting up the stage for Slowbro (pun intended) to set up with CM and finish teams off. Try the team out and I hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Mienshao.pngMega_Altaria (1).pngCelebi.pngDoublade.pngHippowdon_(Male).pngRotom_(Heat_Rotom).png
The Team ♡

AV Shao is one of my favorite mons to use. It has gained a lot of traction as a late and it's nice to see it still get attention after the one tour game. Mega Altaria is a natural partner for AV Shao, as Mienshao can reliably handle hydreigon before altaria mega evolves. For that reason, I went with DD Malt + Ghostium Celebi as my main offensive mons. Mienshao is able to pivot around and get them into solid positions to set up. With a knock off user, EQ from Malt (albeit not being enough to stop a healthy doublade), and Ghostium Celebi, I reckoned trying out Toxic Doublade wouldn't be that bad of an idea. The idea is that it toxics w/e bulky waters or rotom-h and allows mienshao to chip the opposing team down faster. Hippo provided stealth rocks and allowed for phasing. Hippo reliably dealing with bisharp was a nice trait too, considering how I wanted to forgo sacred sword. I had enough countermeasures for Zeraora anyway. Rotom-H helped with the scizor matchup and is a reliable remover. It also forms a little vollturn core with mienshao while spreading more toxic.

LGPE OU Test

Banned deucer.
Triple Regenerator Balance

Mienshao @ Assault Vest
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Fake Out

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Clear Smog

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Atk / 48 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Curse

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Heal Bell
- Air Slash
- Roost

Rotom-Heat @ Iapapa Berry
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Toxic
- Defog

So I decided to start off with assault vest Mienshao since that's what we're meant to build around so it made sense to include it from the beginning in order to make sure the team fit it. I thought about what pokemon would pair well with assault vest Shao and i decided on amoonguss as a pivot and defensive slowbro since it gave me a very reliable regenerator core to play around with. This gave my team some good longevity as well as solid answers to most of the heavy hitters in the tier such as Terrakion and the notorious clanger. After that, I identified my weaknesses to volt switchers and psychic types such as calm mind Latias, so I found a pokemon that covered both issues in Mega Steelix, which also does the job of my stealth rocker. This mega's dual typing of ground and steel was the reason I settled on it over possibilities such as mega Aggron, due to ground types blocking any potential volt switch pivots. Following this I saw that dragons might still be a weakness if the team is put in a tight bind and with the need for a ground resist as well, I decided to go for Togekiss in the 5th slot. Fairies are very useful to have on just about every team in the current UU meta game so Togekiss was a nice addition, also allowing me to answer stall teams with nasty plot and its access to heal bell. For the last Pokemon I knew I would need a form of hazard control, while also assistance when dealing with threats such as scizor and life orb mamoswine, that led me to choosing Rotom-Heat in the final spot of the team since it helped patch up any remaining notable holes the team had.

As for the Mienshao set, I went with a spread that allows you to tank +1 dracos from both latias and hydreigon to make the most out of the boost from the assault vest. U-turn is preferred to edge on more offensive builds, but for this bulkier team I elected to run edge for pokemon such as moltres and togekiss that mienshao outspeeds, but that it can normally not touch. Knock helps cripple opposing pokemon, high jump kick is shao's go to stab move and allows it to deal heavy damage while having respectable defensive stats, and lastly fake out gives mienshao a strong form of priority that allows it to continue to chip away at opponents for the duration of the battle.
Hi, please change the title of your post. I see you edited your post to match the title of mine and I seriously don't appreciate this.

Hi, please change the title of your post. I see you edited your post to match the title of mine and I seriously don't appreciate this.
The edit I made to my post (which was a day before yours) was to add the sprites, which i informed cake wearing a hat i would do after he sent me a website to get the sprites.

I also think it's very childish for you to comment this on the thread when we already spoke about this pointless thing in dm's.

Reactions: GW
Ok with that petty stuff out of the way, I was going to post the team Moute gave me and credit him but that just didn’t feel right as it wasn’t my own creation so instead I’ll be a little unoriginal and showcase my own Bandshao Webs with a heat Starmie set:

Starmie @ Psychium Z
Ability: Analytic
Modest Nature
- Gravity
- Hydro Pump
- Zap Cannon
- Blizzard

Araquanid @ Wave Incense
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Sticky Web
- Toxic
- Magic Coat

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Cobalion @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Latias @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Recover

Mienshao @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 248 Atk / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Poison Jab

This Starmie set looks whacky as hell so let me explain. Z-Gravity gives Starmie +1 Special Attack but for those who do not know about Gravity mechanics well you’re in for a treat. Gravity also makes every move 1.3x more accurate so now you have 100% accurate Pumps, Blizzards, and a decent 83% accurate Zap Cannon. At this point I didn’t even need Timid because Starmie outspeeds the entire unboosted metagame with Gravity and Webs up and the extra power was needed. So since this is a Webs team Araquanid was of course the obvious pick. I have Magic Coat on Araquanid because even though this team doesn’t need hazard removal, I still like a little counterplay. Next up is Krookodile as a scarfer as an Electric immunity and with Stone Edge to revenge kill the bane of webs: Moltres. So next up this team couldn’t do jack shit to Hydreigon so Cobalion is my next pick to soft check it and my choice of a rocker. It also racks up chip with Rocky Helmet so that I can break the opposing team in the late-game with Starmie a lot easier and it can go purely offensive with Swords Dance if I want it to. Now even on Webs I still like my floaty mon so next up is a Latias to be a Fighting soft check and to spam those Calm Minds and break some shit if I want it to. Finally, we have the mon itself Bandshao who’s on this team simply because I wanted a mon that offered immediate offensive pressure as opposed to Cobalion using up a turn before being dangerous. The EVs are the same as Cake’s so that I can live Banded Zor’s Bullet Punch at full. So this team aims at sweeping or chipping and playing very aggressively in order to open up the clean for Starmie at the end of it.

Hope you enjoy it as usual!

Jaajgko

I will disband the soccer club
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
https://pokepast.es/c8c266c8dec4aa4e

My computer is in repair rn so sorry, no sprites this time.

I originally thought that AV Mienshao was bullshit because it has a terrible bulk and isn't even a great answer to Hydreigon, but after looking at some SSD replays I realized how greater it is in battle than on paper, so I thought that I had to build around this set, but I really wanted to build an offensive bulky offense as I feel it's where it fits the most. For the basis of the team, I coupled Mienshao to his best friend Slowbro to have a solid core that benefits from the double regen. Then I wanted power and I looked at what likes to switch into Mienshao and I noticed that Nidoking can come on a U-Turn and destroy lots of Mienshao's switch-ins while providing an Electric Immunity. Then I wanted something to switch on Primarina and non-bolt beam Latias as well as a mon that can help Mienshao dealing with Hydreigon so Empoleon seemed perfect for the task. Then I wanted speed control and a Pursuit trapper because Mienshao + Pursuit is always pretty good to have so Krook was the obvious choice there. Finally, I wanted a strong breaker that could break through stall builds while helping against Scizor, Bisharp and Sharpedo so I added Infernape which really benefits from the pursuit support provided by Krook.

At first I thought that the team wasn't good because I don't have any realianle answer to Scizor but the only set that breaks Slowbro + Empoleon is SD 3 Attacks which is rare nowadays but it gets quickly weakened, I can play around with Intimidate and Superpower drops and most importantly it can't setup on anything without taking a lot of damage which can put it in range of Infernape's Vacuum Wave. Choice Band also theoritically destroys this team but it always have to lock itsefl into the right move and has trouble coming safely into my mons.

Another problem is the lack of ground immunity, but Slowbro doesn't even need to mega evolve to switch into Krook and Mamo and Nidoking once Knock'd off doesn't 2HKO Slowbro so it's fine.

Last edited:

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
https://pokepast.es/3c23218907499092

obnoxious voltturn utilizing mienshao as the main hydreigon check and blanket check to some other special attackers, nidoqueen to block opposing voltturn and rocker, scizor as physical blanket check, lati check, and mamo check. manectric, provided extra security against scizor and flying types, as well as adding to the voltturn core. moltres was next as the main scizor check, which designated scizor as a defogger because i u-turn is helpful on moltres for stall. tsareena was the last slot as a way to break stall, and provide extra security with rapid spin in case i needed to get in moltres. it also completed the voltturn core that is on every team member but nidoqueen. team is entirely momentum driven and you win if you keep the momentum, and the breaking power isn't amazing but with all the pressure these mons apply and the amount of chip they get off it doesn't matter too much.

band mienshao is better than av
A Cake Wearing A Hat has pretty much ran away with this week, congratulations!

Next on our slate is Mega Altaria once again. It's recently seen a decent resurgence in the metagame not only thanks to its wide offensive prowess, but also its useful slew of resistances and ability to pivot in against a variety of common threats in the metagame, so let's see what you all can come up with this week! Have em in by Saturday, everyone!

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
37AC93D0-244D-4460-9A5C-D1E82156F282.png
AAE42C05-4DB8-4AE8-90AF-8E6EFE72EB63.png
08D7605C-8289-4013-B8DA-8DFF66DC0834.png
9048265E-DAF6-45AC-8256-6A453ADF8227.png
1285DDB0-A134-4E6F-ADF4-D50A7D75F322.png
FB7B8D6F-FA96-413E-AC1B-A7084E4181A3.png

NO RAIN NO GAIN

This rain team is what I’ve used for Dark Horse this month. I don’t think I’ll be going for C-rank from all the hydros missed for the last couple days lmao but the team is still really fun. Tornadus and Klefki are the setters while Kabutops, Kingdra, and Seismitoad abuse the fuck out of it. Kabutops is a good Z user that can nuke Alo and Amoongus, two big defensive threats for a mostly water team. Choice Specs Rain-Boosted Surf from Kingdra is a devastating cleaner against offensive teams, OHKOing mane and scizor and 2HKOing Starmie that try to switch in. LO Seismitoad makes for an solid cleaner too, and more importantly hits primarina well with Sludge Wave. Seismitoad also can fit rocks on its moveset so Kabutops can run Superpower. The mon of the week, malt, has been an amazing win con. The bulky refresh DD set has been the most consistent of the sets I rotated with. With refresh it’s able to have more longevity and be more of a pain for fatter teams. The team lacks hazard removal but all the tspikes users in the tier are pressured by the water spam, since Tentacruel very rarely is running z haze. Klefki’s spikes can encourage Defog too.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-833362769 (against the sub nidoking offense)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-833347902 (against munchlaxandchill's shark offense)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-833673152 (against AV Shao teambuilding lab team)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-833702638 (against Shark teambuilding lab team)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-834060081 (against drew palossand team)

Last edited:

Stakataka @ Choice Band
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 14 Def / 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Palossand @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Compaction
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Shore Up

Moltres @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Roost
- U-turn

Zeraora @ Adrenaline Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot

Rotom-Mow @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Roost
- Refresh

dingbat was talking about how heat CB Staka was so I made a team with it and hey, it has Mega Altaria so might as well submit it. CB Staka is actually the underdog of the century and it breaks Klefki and other Steels when you predict correctly so it’s my nifty little pick here. Next up is Palossand since it forms that sweet succulent balance core. Next to ensure that my Staka couldn’t get bullied by pesky Grounds Moltres is here with a nice Z-nuke. Now next up is a breaker that surprises every Krookodile in this metagame, CM Adrenaline Orb Zeraora. I know that Shuca does the job too but being able to outspeed Mega Aero seems like a solid postive. Next up Mowtom provides a sturdy VoltTurn to provide pivots for my Staka along with Mowtom being able to switch into Moltres’s answers bar Heattom. Finally you got big fluffy mon DD Refresh Mega Altaria who’s a powerful sweeper+stallbreaker atm. The most glaring weakness with this team is its bad matchup vs Heattom but it is still manageable as Palossand can end up poisoning it and DD M-Alt slowly wins the mu.

So this is a fun team I enjoyed building and playing with. I was initially gonna look to peak with this squad but I'm kinda busy this semester and I'm lazy as fck so I'll share it now lol. The team was built around the core of Mixed Ape + Refresh Malt. Except I decided I wanted to use Thunder Punch on the monkey to lure in Pokemon like Moltres and Tentacruel and remove them, which heavily annoy mono-attacking Malt. Overheat was opted as no other special moves are run and Slack Off was to help with Scizor + Bisharp. Next was scarf Krook for speed control and to trap Chand, Gengar and Latias for Ape. Tentacruel and Bronzong were my defensive backbone that provided hazards and hazard removal. They check shit like Lucario, Latias and Cobalion etc. Finally I added Steelium-Z Hydreigon because the team didn't break through fairies too well + it also helped my Slowbro match-up. I've been testing around with it and I personally prefer Taunt but 3 Atks Hydra isn't bad either. Nothing crazy here but hope ya enjoy the team ^_^

Infernape: 96 SpA to OHKO defensive MegaLix with Overheat and the attack is enough to OHKO Cobalion with CC

Altaria: Garuantee live 2 EQs from Krook after rocks. Enough Speed for latias at +1. Rest dumped into Atk.

1544569030406.png

Here's a little Veil team I made for the Bisharp ladder that still isn't too bad nowadays. We all know what Veil does, why it's here. Aurorus serves as the stealth rock lead to set hail backed up by the veil setting and rapid spinning of Sandslash-Alola. On to the actual team members, I chose Bisharp before anything else to be one of the teammates, as I wanted to utilize defiant's defog deterrent to keep my veil up, and Bisharp itself would prove somewhat bulky with Veil's buff. Next up, I wanted some kind of Scizor measure, and maybe something that helped with Cobalion and Infernape too, since Bisharp struggles with fightings. So I chose Salazzle, a fast sweeping fire that can prove a nuisance to some of the teams, and Bisharp's biggest threats. Next up, I chose Altaria-Mega. I wanted a proper Hydra measure. And a fairly bulky mon that could abuse veil for setup. Lastly, I felt like some ground types could be a smidge obnoxious to me still, and I wanted another mon that would be exceptionally bulky under veil. I decided to go with Vincune, who's the devil itself with veil making some mons unable to break it's subs that would normally be able to do so, and it helps with pressure stalling. I did have some good records with this team on the Bisharp ladder. (One of my best records with it on ladder was 22-7 before I quit that specific alt.) and it's really fun to play! Its not the greatest team of all time, but definitely a team that could be fun to pull out on an otherwise boring day.

Last edited:
1544574206583.png
1544574351705.png
1544574475768.png
1544574567271.png
1544574690562.png
1544574700120.png

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Roost

Virizion @ Psychium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Zen Headbutt

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Swampert @ Eject Button
Ability: Torrent
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 72 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Starmie @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock

Fine, the main goal of the team is using Maltaria as a late game sweeper, so i choose Facade over Frustration/Return to improve my matchup against Cune and i don't lose too much going for it. As Altaria can struggles to Amoonguss, i decided to use Virizion as my stallbreaker while still being a lure to Amoonguss with +2 Pyschium Z Ohkoing it, and giving freedom for Altaria setup DD. Steel-types in a general way can put Altaria in a bad position, so i pick Swampert Eject Button pivot to be my rocker and pivoting out to Specs Magneton that can deal with Scizor and other slower steel-types. Amoonguss is my fight resist and, making a good defensive core with Swampert and is always good put something to sleep. Last but not least, i was needing a hazard remover, that's the point i came to Scarf Starmie with Rapid Spin, this thing is underrated, spinning on the switch and surprising Krook,Hydreigon and Kommo-o as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)