The NFL Fantasy Football Thread, 2018-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First 9 weeks: 9-0 record, 132.16ppg
Last 4 weeks: 0-4 record, 73.52ppg

Hopefully my slump ends next week :x

fatty

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
Really happy with my team through the second half the season of league A. It took me winning 4 in a row, waterbomb losing 4 in row, and me finally putting up some really solid numbers to do it, but managed to get the bye. I'm really only worried about my WRs, most of them have been mediocre lately and sanders just went on IR. Hopefully Golladay, Cooper, and Robinson can pull through. Screwed myself at the beginning with the Thielen / Cohen trade, but I think I managed to make up for it by playing solid WR matchups and moving other pieces to get Mcaffrey for the 1-2 RB punch. Having Mahomes also hasn't hurt one bit lol. Wish Gronk was putting up numbers like past years, but he still has the ability to go off so I'm content for the POs. Good luck to you guys.

Week 11, me looking at my possible lineup when the playoffs come in League C

QB Roethlisberger
WR AJ Green/Golladay/Christian Kirk
RB Gordon/Conner
TE OJ Howard

:pimp:

Me looking at my possible lineup first week of playoffs

QB Roethlisberger
WR Jarvis Landry/Dante Pettis
RB Blount/Justin Jackson
TE Jaylen Samuels
FLEX who the fuck knows?

:mad:

That moment when you beat the guy who traded you Brees.. cause he thinks Goff is matchup proof.

Semi-finals I go..

Literally beat him by 2

Our projections of 135ish each results in a 89-87 game lol

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Hi I'm too lazy and busy (with returning to work) to do a more substantial review but: League A Playoffs Edition

[snip]

Viable starting rosters be like
Mixon: Mahomes / Caff-Zeke / Sanders-Cooper-Golladay-ARob / Gronk
Whiteskins: Jackson-Carr / Gurley-Cohen-KJohnson-Riddick / Thielen-Hilton-Gordon / Hooper
Joshua: Brees / Gordon-Michel-Jones / Allen-Ridley-Davis / Ertz
Grudens: Goff-Wilson / Mixon-Johnson-Drake-SAMUELS / Hill-Juju-Lockett / Reed-SAMUELS
Odell: Rodgers / Coleman-Lindsay-Ekeler / Adams-Beckham-Baldwin / Engram
FBL: Watson-Wentz / Kamara-Conner-Cook-White / Jeffery-Reynolds-Humphries-DThomas / Graham
Pending waiver pickup, but Samuels is mine, yo.

Not betting against myself with my roster and depth. I'll take Whiteskins over Joshua's Unreal Team, I think he's got too much of an advantage at RB-WR with (Melvin) Gordon nursing injury. I'll take Mixon over Whiteskins in the semis, he's the best equipped at RB to put up similar numbers and if Mahomes and Gronk can do what they're capable of (big if for the latter) they should bring it home. And I plan to cruise to a CHIP but you never know.
bracket2.png

Despite the lack of production from the vaunted Gurley-Thielen duo, I was extremely correct nonetheless.

waterbum im cumming fer yer bum :blobnom:

J Jackson in one league. D Williams in another.. (just because i was afraid of playing 1 in both) and my god did that work out.

I'll take it and thank the fantasy gods for a nice Thursday night lead when typically Thursday is shit.

Lindsay....

It was a nice run... but you completely fucked me.. worst performance since Week 3.. Broncos playcalling is shit.

(not smogon league)

Time to bend over and prepare for the M. Thomas and A. Kamara train about to run through me on Monday..

Guess I should have played both backups from Thursday.. i hate hindsight..

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Fantasy football is gay
Welp, guess there's no chance of another classic Del Rio Stallion finals matchup now.

If it makes you feel any better, my team that was equally as dominant as yours in another league is getting curbstomped in my two weeks final this week thanks to Aaron Jones getting hurt...

Imagine being tied 184-184..

You have Goff and Ertz... they have Mccaffrey..

And they're going to end up beating you.

thats... that's my lineup luck this week.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
In true playoff fashion, I'm up 26 vs Kamara/I.Thomas to play against WB and WHITESKINS is up 17 against MIXON's McCaf left to play.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck goff (but fuck getting a combined 20 from Hill/Juju/Lockett way more)

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Barring something crazy (McCaff outscoring Kamara and I Thomas by +30), looks like I'm in the league B finals.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I need Michael Thomas to score less than 8 (unlikely), and Kamara+Iran Thomas to score more than 27 (slightly less unlikely) to win my respective playoff matchups and make the finals. Here's hoping!

This Week 15 has been the 2nd lowest week 15 fantasy scoring in 9 years. and its not even close.

Interesting and annoying stat i came across.

I really do hate fantasy football.. esp shit like this... which team can limp into the finals.. like.. wow what a way to decide. Great game.

Somehow survived in the smogon dynasty league even with injuries to Gordon, K. Allen, and A. Jones to get to the finals.

Too bad I couldn't survive having Wentz, Miller, Gordon, Sanders, and Boyd all getting hurt (all in time for the fantasy playoffs!) alongside Thielen and Ertz putting up big duds in another league. Real brutal week overall, fuck injuries.

League B.. the top 2 seeds.. both averaging a total of 127 a week.. eliminated by the 5 and 6 seed.

What a site. What an interesting finals setup here.

I'm in about 14 leagues, and it's just a shitshow everywhere. It's actually hilarious after the initial shock and "wtf"

Stallion

Tree Young
League B.. the top 2 seeds.. both averaging a total of 127 a week.. eliminated by the 5 and 6 seed.

What a site. What an interesting finals setup here.

I'm in about 14 leagues, and it's just a shitshow everywhere. It's actually hilarious after the initial shock and "wtf"
Yep, 6th seed checking in.

Meanwhile, I'm 1 week into a 2 week final of an ESPN 10 teamer. 10-3 and #1 seed, top scoring team all season and it wasn't even close. Down 45 after 1 week with my worst score of the entire season. Fantasy football is fucking stupid sometimes lol.

Are you me? Literally same exact situation right now on ESPN and the 2 week final. It’s borderline nauseating. You just can’t do anything about it. The FF Playoffs this year is no doubt all about the upsets. Which is fine, that’s what it’s all about. Just really sucks because you put so much into your team. Almost every day making sure shit is set, top of league. Most points. Great pickups. Bam. Lose.

It’s how it goes. Fantasy can just be a real pick sometimes.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In retrospect, trading Jordan Howard for Davante Adams+Gio Bernard after week 5 might have been the single best move I've ever made in fantasy

Giving up a "guy" RB for a handcuff to my other RB and the WR1 or WR2 on the season depending on scoring

Except for the year where I autodrafted Peyton "400 points" Manning and Jamaal "Jamaalocaust" Charles and won the league with literally two players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)