Team Monotype Winter Premier II - Discussion Thread [See post #22 for draft date and time]

Chras got a label as a cancer? Tbh the management should be ones getting punish. If you see someone that doesnt want to play for you plus your being cancer to the player just trade them. Why would you pick someone to just make a logo too thats another cancer move and ban them from the discord another headass move. They been post of charm headassry in this thread. Like wtf

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
why was charmflash even picked as a manager when there are way more suitable options? my friend trash and his tech support right hand man Wyn made an extremely solid case for manager & assman

let's do a comparison!

trash reasoning:
played in MPL 2, 3, 4 and MWP 1
positive records overall across all
managed LCPL twice and reached finals once
knows how to put the team before himself
trash knew people would be upset and look down upon him for taking those act wins/timer wins but he always decided that the wins were necessary for the team so he willingly lowered his reputation, showing an extremely competitive side)
has a Smogon Snake Draft win
name change from washibon->trash, both are excellent names

Charmflash reasoning:
played in a single MPL and had an alright record which lead him to believe he's the Monotype GOAT
last SPL he was convinced he needed a badge to get drafted
drafts people with 0 intention of EVER starting them, showing poor management
went without a win in Smogon Snake Draft
name change from Za Meowdo->Charmflash->Jaina, Za Meowdo is a furry name, Charmflash isn't bad tbh, and Jaina sounds like an indian stripper which I know no one wants to see

As you can see, trash is way better suited
My solution:
replace Charmflash as a manager of the Dewdongs with trash. Raptors get Chras for trash and Charmflash is banned for eternity and forced to change his name to ZaMeowsha

Well, this is interesting.. like #jesuisP2 am i right?
This feels like a stab in the back on a lot of levels..
This must be my first serious post on this whole site

First of all, you could have atleast told me. You keep me in the dark about this whole thing for more than a week, saying stuff like: it will get fixed don't worry, we're on it, people just have to respond and it's good.
And then
Then i find out here on smogon, i only just know cause everyone pm'd me this.
You could have alteast have the courtesy to tell me first, it's not cause i'm a player and not a manager, that i should not have been part of the discussion about this decision. All i got were some updates here and there, filled with false hope and promises, nice job.
Why would you even not give me a heads up? Afraid i would make memes about this before it got posted? Well, i can make them after this too, don't worry

You said this:
This does not fall under the team cancer policy as Chras has shown a willingness to participate in the team's discord.
But you followed it up by saying i'm out of the tour. What kind of backwards ass thinking is this. Nothing has changed. Like what did your decision even accomplish. I'm still not in the discord or on any team, i just got kicked out of MWP.
But oh, the dewgongs don't get anything in compensation back. That's like a punishment for them too
Sure, cause i was such a good asset this past week, this is just like a judge saying to a criminal: they punishment of society being mad at you was punishment enough, you're free to go!

Thanks for telling me stuff like: (everything here is word for word what vid pm'd me early december)
-I saw red flags of charmflash as a manager b4 this drama came up
-and charmflash won't be allowed to manage another tour in monotype
-if nobody wants to trade he'll have to let you go and any team can pick you up
-Were almost done
but it is very likely charmflash won't be a manager after this week
-yeah we're making qt find another person
and we're working on a trade or a way to get you of the team
(when i thanked him for the help)
- yeah np it's kinda my fault for choosing him as a manager least I can do
Then 7 days ago i asked for an update:
-Well waiting on others
I asked who
-Qt
^This was the last thing i heard of Vid

You gave me 0 updates after being all positive that things would turn out fine, you didn't ask me a single question this whole week about my opinion, i had no voice in this.

Just as much as you were saying Charmflash should be removed as a manager cause he's not capable, it seems more and more you were just the Pot blaming the Kettle that he's not capable at his job. For once take the time and look at this shit from a new perspective. Nice job with this tour so far.

Last edited:

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
e: this was directed at a charm post that got deleted

This is a team tournament on a pokemon forum. Someone came out of inactivity and signed up because they wanted to compete in the tour and have fun with some of their friends and maybe meet new ppl in the process. You literally drafted someone and said “you won’t play, you won’t mix with the team but I want you to make us art when we need it”. Can you not see how backwards this is? Can you literally not see what a fucking shit way this is to treat someone? I would be willing to bet virtually every other team would have been willing to draft Chras down the line and yeah there’s every chance he wouldn’t have been a starter, but because you decided to be a colossal dick and pick him up as “free art” now he literally can’t play at all and left yourself short of a slot. Really well fucking played, can only say I feel sorry for the other people you drafted with management like that!

e: if you’re gonna reply to me with some “it was Chras not me” shit don’t bother. You’re a manager, either find a way to appease your players or trade them away. You had chances to do either and dealt with it in the worst way possible.

Last edited:
You guys made chras do a serious post and that's just messed up.

First of all I want to lament the fact that managers from outside the community such as charmflash were picked. This is a clear example of why they shouldn't - chras is a huge part of our community and comes back from inactivity just to take part in this tour, and now some random guy has denied him that for no reason other than he's possibly mentally challenged. Monotype is a tier built from love - it spent such a long time as an unofficial tier but had a huge player base because we are a tight knit community. Technical rules like 'he's a manager so technically he can buy a player then fuck him over because hes the manager' do not fly in this tier, and if they do then I dont want to be a part of it any longer.

In my view, this decision should be reversed as soon as possible. Chras should be allowed to join another team. The fairest way to do this for all teams would probably be a trade. If charmflash feels so strongly about not trading then maybe he should be the one to be kicked out of mpl. Vid please listen to the thoughts of the community on this, you are another monotype legend that we all respect so don't ruin it by screwing over one of our bros (chras) in favour of keeping charmflash as a manager. In my mind it's as simple as trade chras, and if charmflash refuses then he is the one to be banned.

Apparently vid wrote it wrong. I'm not banned, i'm just a free agent with no team to join. If someone leaves the tour or gets tourbanned mid tour i would be able to get picked up. I appreciate everyone standing up for me, but i don't think Vid had alot of other choices. If he let a team force a trade on Charmflash, for example, Zarif forcing Charmflash to get Trash just to get me (he would never do that btw), than trash would also not be allowed to join the dewgongs discord and Trash would become the new refugee. If Charmflash wants to be a shithead there is nothing anyone can do, it's his right to be a shithead. He's only making it so that if he applies to be a manager in a monotype teamtour again, people will remember this situation every time.

The only real fix was if all the other managers agreed that one team could pick me up for free, but every manager would want to be that team then, so i'm stuck in limbo now

The only shitty parts about this, were vid ignoring me for a week after giving me false hope just to drop this on the forums without giving me a heads up. And Charmflash doing everything everyone already know he did. And the fact that I can't play in the tour that was the only reason i came back and made logo's again and got back into the pokemon vibe. Shit feels like wasted time almost now

Memes are coming later, but there is no reason to circle jerk this anymore with rants about the same subject. Vid has no reason to change this decision, cause it will undermine his entire credibility. Yes he could have made another choice, but he chose this and he's gonna stick with this

P.s. Charmflash I would appreciate if you would stop spreading dumb lies like:
๖ۣۜζ͜͡CharmflashToday at 12:31 AM Chras hates my guts so much he spent an hour liking and disliking my posts in order to give me notifications ๖ۣۜζ͜͡CharmflashToday at 12:31 AM I am not going to give him access to the pastebins I work 3h a day for
I liked them once cause i felt sad you had 0 likes, and disliked them the next morning cause i felt sad for myself for liking them.
And also, I hope the 3hrs of work will pay off some week, cause they sure didn't help you win last week.

Heroic Troller

Through the Sea of Time
is a Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
World Defender
Hello everyone, i am a stranger from the internet and have nothing to do with monotype or smogon so feel free to ignore me.
I hope you don't take this as an attack, or a way to judge you or whatever, all i want is to give a tip and state what i think about this. Why am I here? Because I was interested in the tier, therefore in maybe joining the community, but after reading about this mess I lost all my will to. The powers of a manager should remain within drafting, and choosing who plays what. Please don't be slaves of rules that were clearly made without thinking of such scenario, because I bet my poor ass who made them wasn't expecting fucking za meowdo to be picked as manager and do this bullshit. Please use common sense, rules are not set in stone it's never too late to change for the better. Don't let people play the god with others because rules aren't stating the obvious.

Give some priority to the players, they are the heart of the tour instead of the (incomplete) rules, the tours are made for the players, not the other way around.

Last edited:
I'm going to reiterate troller's post - because as another outsider who has played a grand total of 1 MPL (and got destroyed by -Tsunami- 's toxapex) - seeing how this situation has been handled and seeing the community reaction, there have been both positives and negatives from this.
The fact that a person was picked as a manager - drafted himself and his co-manager (which is fair), and 8 other people that he "trusts", but drafts one person purely for art and refuses to even let him hang in the chat for whatever reason is beyond reason. Not only that, but refuses any trade offers received for this person, would prefer to handicap his own team than let someone "he didn't trust" into his team - assuming since there are 8 teams, 70 or so players drafted and i am going to assume a few options were offered in the trade - but would rather have 0, fuck off the player who he drafted purely for art and would rather ruin the entire integrity of the tour... *deep breath after that long sentence... What in the fuck has happened for this to be a situation?

obviously i think the positives in this scenario were that some of the players in the community came together to support Chras in his efforts for retribution - but given the circumstances of the situation at hand, why in the fuck is Charmflash allowed to manage given the information in the scenario?

Possible alternative - Charmflash is removed from manager and player - Chras is given allowed back on dewgongs and they get 1 free pick from the undrafted pool of players where QT takes over full managerial responsibilities. What he did shows absolutely 0 sportsmanship in what I assumed would be a competitive but more importantly fun tournament and he intentionally decided to fuck over someone because he abused the right of a manager.

Just my 2 cents on the issue at hand - it's an absolute shame that it had to happen. Oh and my red panda should definitely stay >:(
1544654923591.png

EviGaro

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RU Leader
Technical rules like 'he's a manager so technically he can buy a player then fuck him over because hes the manager' do not fly in this tier, and if they do then I dont want to be a part of it any longer.
Having managed in two other tiers, one in two tours now, it doesn't either (ok LAX might disagree but), and one thing I learned is that managers should always have a certain humility while doing that. You're picked because sure, you want to win and you're seen as having the leadership to do so which is great, yay recognition. But more importantly, you're trusted with juggling with picking the best team and understanding that you can't please everyone, and the fact that there's always people who are going to be disappointed is still sobering. It's not that these people don't try hard enough all the time, it's that it's really difficult to balance both and that ultimately you're faced with a community that far outweighs you.

... Which is also what I find ridiculous in this whole thing. It's not just what happened to Chras - because that's utter nonsense for all the reasons stated - but it's also that Monotype has dozens of people who were not picked up for this and are understandably disappointed, and hopefully will keep up and eventually get to experience what should be one of the most fun parts of Smogon. But how the heck can they trust the managers if stuff like this stands? There's zero penalty for breaking that trust since Charmflash clearly didn't mind going with ten players, and getting away this free just sends an horrible message the opposite way, like Lycan alluded to.

I'm going to reiterate troller's post - because as another outsider who has played a grand total of 1 MPL (and got destroyed by -Tsunami- 's toxapex) - seeing how this situation has been handled and seeing the community reaction, there have been both positives and negatives from this.
The fact that a person was picked as a manager - drafted himself and his co-manager (which is fair), and 8 other people that he "trusts", but drafts one person purely for art and refuses to even let him hang in the chat for whatever reason is beyond reason. Not only that, but refuses any trade offers received for this person, would prefer to handicap his own team than let someone "he didn't trust" into his team - assuming since there are 8 teams, 70 or so players drafted and i am going to assume a few options were offered in the trade - but would rather have 0, fuck off the player who he drafted purely for art and would rather ruin the entire integrity of the tour... *deep breath after that long sentence... What in the fuck has happened for this to be a situation?

obviously i think the positives in this scenario were that some of the players in the community came together to support Chras in his efforts for retribution - but given the circumstances of the situation at hand, why in the fuck is Charmflash allowed to manage given the information in the scenario?

Possible alternative - Charmflash is removed from manager and player - Chras is given allowed back on dewgongs and they get 1 free pick from the undrafted pool of players where QT takes over full managerial responsibilities. What he did shows absolutely 0 sportsmanship in what I assumed would be a competitive but more importantly fun tournament and he intentionally decided to fuck over someone because he abused the right of a manager.

Just my 2 cents on the issue at hand - it's an absolute shame that it had to happen. Oh and my red panda should definitely stay >:(
View attachment 149564
someone's doing their homework for smogon exhibition

well since I was tagged in this thread by Teddeh...
bro, idk who on earth this dude Chras is but the way he's been treated by Charmflash is absolutely sickening. I personally don't really understand why someone with no real track record of success in official tournaments who apparently isn't even a monotype player according to Lycan's post was chosen as a manager, but that's beside the point. How on earth is this man allowed to get away with drafting someone solely for art and then kicking him from the discord (which, from the wording in the administrative post, he didn't even want Chras in originally)? As a former manager, I've committed a decent amount of heartless moves, like when I traded away daftmau5 aka one of the worst players ever for peanuts at 5 AM, but at least that was in an effort to improve the team.

Here, Charmflash clearly planned to use this guy to gain access to free art and not even really involve him in the team. He then seemingly lost all sense of rationale upon seeing a meme that Chras posted and decided to essentially cut him out of the tournament entirely. As a manager, trust me, you'll always end up with a squadron of retards who you wish never graced your presence, but at the end of the day, you did draft them. You are obligated to involve them in your team's affairs, or at the very least trade them. Refusing to trade Chras is just an unnecessary dick move, and considering that he was apparently only drafted to be Charmflash's artist, his trade value logically can't even be high enough to warrant being worried about being ripped off or anything. It's not like this man was drafted in the first round. I think this decision should be reversed and Charmflash should be forced to trade Chras to anyone who presents a decent enough offer; again, it's not like this man's draft stock was that high to begin with, so I see no reason why this decision wouldn't be a fair one. Charmflash is just being an unreasonable aids monkey and shouldn't be allowed to prosper.

Whys the player bein punished when the manager is in the wrong LOL

Imagine if they banned njnp in spl8 for the val nonsense instead of removing val as manager

This is p woat. Just give shake manager or some shit idk

Edit: on a more serious note, managers are held to higher standards so "technically they can fuck their player over" but no it shouldnt work this way. Maybe remove the manager and promote one of the players to manage along w the assman

Plesse fix this decision and allow chras to play in the tour. He got drafted fairly and didnt cancer. Cmon dudes

Last edited:
Lets not forget that this community still got pk-kaiser in it, yet he's a banned user. Wondering when eien is gonna fix that :thinking:
#WoAmAnChIlL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)