Crossover Chaos V2: Slate 44 - Halloween

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Finally droppin the Kong
Pokémon: **Donkey Kong**
Type: Ground / Fighting
Ability: Sap Sipper / Iron Fist
Moves: Wind Up Punch*, Focus Punch, Banana Toss*, Pitstrike*, Mach Punch, Earthquake, High Horsepower, Hammer Arm, Bullet Punch, Knock Off, Belly Drum, Bounce, Superpower, Close Combat, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Seed Bomb
Wind-Up-Punch: Fighting | Physical | 140 BP | 5 PP | 90% Acc | Z-Power: 200 All Out Pummelling | 50% chance to confuse. Charge move. Punch based.
Banana Toss: Grass | Status | - | 10 PP | - | Z-Effect: Reset negative stats | Heals user for 50% of maximum health. 10% chance to raise attack.
Pitstrike: Ground | Physical | 75 BP | 10 PP | Z-Power: 140 BP Tectonic Rage | Traps foes. Hits airborne targets.
Stats: 130/140/80/50/70/70

Reasoning: Donkey Kong is a gorilla that loves to punch, and I think the Ground/Fighting typing best reflects this. Its movepool is filled with punching attacks. Its signature moves all come from attacks he does in his core series, and Seed Bonb refers to his extensive use of Coconuts.

Just sub a non Kirby character
Wow, it's almost like I don't have any other non-winning subs relevant to Smash cooked up, and I actually take pride in my work so I actually put time into my submissions. "Just sub a non Kirby character"? "Just"? I don't even have any non-Kirby characters to fucking sub.

I resubbed Whispy because I didn't think I could finish a proper sub in time for the deadline, and Whispy was the only Smash character I had available. I don't fucking shit out subs in 2 seconds, it takes time to represent a character properly in the way they deserve.

edit: While I'm at it, what's the reasoning for DK being Ground-type?

Last edited:

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Wow, it's almost like I don't have any other non-winning subs relevant to Smash cooked up, and I actually take pride in my work so I actually put time into my submissions. "Just sub a non Kirby character"? "Just"? I don't even have any non-Kirby characters to fucking sub.
:psyduck:

Dude chill out

Note: only Nayru is in SSBU ( so please vote for her if any ). I just did the others for fun.

Pokemon: Nayru
Type: Water/Fairy
Abilities: Golden Spirit - This pokemon is immune to stat drops and status.
Signature Move: Nayru's Love
Nayru's Love | Ice type | 80 BP | Special | Protects the user from attacks this turn | only damages the opponent if they make contact this turn
Stats: 110/100/100/145/145/80 (BST: 680)
Moves: Moves in italics are learned by the whole trio
Special: Moonblast, Psychic, Aura Sphere, Focus Blast, Hydro Pump, Surf, Scald, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Frost Breath, Thunder, Thunderbolt,
Physical: Play Rough, Extremespeed, Zen Headbutt, Sacred Sword, Liquidation, Ice Punch
Status: Calm Mind, Swords Dance, Morning Sun, Wish, Healing Wish, Heal Bell, Light Screen, Haze
Reasoning: The Goddess of Wisdom and one of the three creation deities from The Legend of Zelda series. She created the law that governs all things ( the laws of physics as I would understand it ). In most games she is associated with water, although in some this has been switched to ice or electricity. Fairy represents divinity and is a pretty good fit for Zelda deities, who are associated with beings called Fairies in the game. Her stat spread is heavily biased towards special stats to represent wisdom; it's also defensively biased, because the characters and symbols that are associated with Nayru tend to be serene in nature. Golden Spirit refers to their original depiction as "Golden Goddesses" in the N64 title Ocarina of Time, even though in later depictions they do not appear to be golden.

Competitively she is a nice cleric or tank with a good typing and status immunity. Nayru's Love pairs perfectly with Wish, and alleviates some of the passivity of the strategy. Otherwise, Morning Sun + Calm Mind would make a good bulky sweeper thanks to the high defenses and status immunity.

Pokemon: Din
Type: Fire/Fairy
Signature Move: Din's Fire
Din's Fire | Fire type | 100 BP | Physical | 95% Acc. | 50% chance to raise Def by two stages.
Stats: 80/145/145/110/100/100 (BST: 680)
Special: Moonblast, Psychic, Aura Sphere, Focus Blast, Eruption, Fire Blast, Lava Plume, Solarbeam, Earth Power,
Physical: Play Rough, Extremespeed, Zen Headbutt, Sacred Sword, Flare Blitz, Blaze Kick, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Superpower, Wild Charge
Status: Calm Mind, Swords Dance, Morning Sun, Bulk Up, Stealth Rock, Iron Defense, Reflect, Will-o-Wisp
Reasoning: The Goddess of Power and one of the three creation deities from The Legend of Zelda series. She created the Earth as the first act of creation. She is associated with fire and the earth. Fairy represents her divinity. Her stat spread is faster and physically based as the characters and symbols associated with her ( like the Gorons ) tend to be vigorous and strong.

Competitively she is a physical wall breaker or sweeper. Although she faces competition from Primal Groudon, she has better speed, and access to Extremespeed ( and status immunity ). 100 Speed is actually a really nice tier that outspeeds most of the box cover legendaries. If she gets +2 Defense from Din's Fire then she can eat a hit from foes like Primal Groudon and Ho-Oh and muscle through them.

Pokemon: Farore
Type: Grass/Fairy
Signature Move: Farore's Wind
Farore's Wind | Flying type | Special | 85 BP | User switches out
Stats: 100/145/80/145/100/110 (BST: 680)
Special: Moonblast, Psychic, Aura Sphere, Focus Blast, Giga Drain, Leaf Storm, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball
Physical: Play Rough, Extremespeed, Zen Headbutt, Sacred Sword, Power Whip, Play Rough, Extremespeed, Close Combat, U-turn, Wild Charge
Status: Calm Mind, Swords Dance, Morning Sun, Leech Seed, Growth, Aromatherapy, Rapid Spin, Defog
Reasoning: The Goddess of Courage and one of the three creation deities from The Legend of Zelda series. She created life and spirits after the other two had completed their work. She is associated with the forest and living things. Fairy represents her divinity. Her stat spread is more high risk, high reward, which embodies the idea of courage. Farore's Wind has always been a mobility based move in games where it appears, so it makes sense as a pivoting move here.

Competitively she is an offensive pivot. She can go physical, special, or mixed, having a solid attacking movepool on both sides. Swords Dance + Extremespeed is a possibility as well, although probably pulled off better by Din. Specs and Band sets would be more likely.

Last edited:

G-Luke

I resubbed Whispy because I didn't think I could finish a proper sub in time for the deadline, and Whispy was the only Smash character I had available. I don't fucking shit out subs in 2 seconds, it takes time to represent a character properly in the way they deserve.

edit: While I'm at it, what's the reasoning for DK being Ground-type?
Lol bro.

Who says you don't take pride in your "work"?

How does one not have a non Kirby related sub in a slate where you have over 60 characters of your choosing to sub from?

And yes, I took inspiration more from Smash interpretations, where he notably causes a lot of ground shaking behaviour and stuff. Besides, what typing do you think fits him more?

Voting time. Next slate starts on the 16th of December.
Name: Blue Shark
Game: Steel Diver, Smash 4/Ult. (Item)
Type: Water/Steel
Ability: Speed Boost
Stats: 100/80/100/120/100/80 (BST: 580)
Signature Move: Burst Torpedo
Steel | Special | 90 BP | 100% Accuracy | 16 PP | Deals damage as if both Water- and Steel-type. Super-Effective vs. Water- and Steel-types. | Z-Move: DIVE! DIVE! DIVE! (Ohthreenium-Z), Water-type, 210 BP, Special
Other Notable Moves: Hydro Pump, Surf, Flash Cannon, Fire Blast, Calm Mind, Substitute
OU Moveset:-
Sub CM
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Nature: Modest
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Burst Torpedo
- Fire Blast
Name: Sidestepper
Game: Mario Bros., Brawl/Smash 4/Ult. (Enemy, Mario Bros. stage)
Type: Water/Poison
Ability: Tough Claws
Stats: 65/120/85/60/95/90 (BST: 515)
Signature Move: Sewer Slam
Poison | Physical | 110 BP | 90% Accuracy | 16 PP | High critical hit ratio. 10% chance to Poison the target. | Z-Move: Acid Downpour, 185 BP, Physical
Other Notable Moves: Crabhammer, Cross Chop, Aqua Jet, Lunge, Shell Smash
Shell Smasher
Item: White Herb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Shell Smash
- Crabhammer
- Sewer Slam
- Aqua Jet/Cross Chop
Name: Mahva
Game: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Smash 4 (Smash Run enemy)
Type: Water/Psychic
Ability: Friend Guard/HA: Stamina
Stats: 100/65/95/90/155/55 (BST: 560)
Signature Move: Shield Projector
Psychic | Status | -- | N/A Accuracy | 8 PP | Protects user from enemy attacks. Priority +4. If the user is the target of a Physical move, the user's Special Defence is boosted one stage; if the user is the target of a Special move, the user's Defence is boosted one stage. | Z-Effect: Resets negative stat levels.
Other Notable Moves: Scald, Whirlpool, Psyshock, Recover, Aqua Ring, Heal Bell, Trick Room, Psychic Terrain, Calm Mind, Cosmic Power, Wish
Cleric
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Ability: Stamina
Nature: Calm/Sassy
- Shield Projector
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Scald
Name: Octorok
Game: Legend of Zelda series, Melee (Stage enemy), Smash 4 (Smash Run enemy)
Type: Water/Rock
Ability: Skill Link
Stats: 80/105/120/65/100/40 (BST: 510)
Signature Move: Mud Spray
Water | Physical | 30 BP | 100% Accuracy | 16 PP | Hits 2-5 times. Does not make contact. | Z-move: Hydro Vortex, Physical, 100 BP
Other Notable Moves: Rock Blast, Icicle Spear, Bullet Seed, Bulk Up, Spiky Shield
All-Out Attacker
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Mud Spray
- Rock Blast
- Icicle Spear
- Bullet Seed

Trick Room Attacker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Nature: Brave
- Bulk Up
- Mud Spray
- Rock Blast
- Icicle Spear
Name: Armight
Game: Brawl (Subspace Army enemy)
Type: Water/Fighting
Ability: Technician
Stats: 75/110/85/50/75/125 (BST: 520)
Signature Move: Wave Dash
Water | Physical | 60 BP | 100% Accuracy | 16 BP | Hits twice. | Z-Move: HOHOHO!, Armightium-Z, 210 BP, Water, Physical
Other Notable Moves: Storm Throw, Substitute, Swords Dance
SubDance
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
- Wave Dash
- Storm Throw
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
Pokémon: Dark Pit
Type: Dark/Flying
Ability: Sniper / Defiant / Competitive [HA]
Stats: 80/120/80/110/80/110 [BST 580]
Some Moves:
well peck
Swagger, Taunt, Torment, Parting Shot, Fury Swipes, Dragon Claw, Psyshock, Venoshock, Hidden Power, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Hyper Beam, Solar Beam, Roost, Solar Beam, Smack Down, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Return, Shadow Ball, Brick Break, Flamethrower, Sludge Bomb, Fire Blast, Rock Tomb, Aerial Ace, Flame Charge, Overheat, Focus Blast, Energy Ball, False Swipe, Scald, Charge Beam, Acrobatics, Shadow Claw, Stone Edge, Swords Dance, Rock Slide, X-Scissor, Poison Jab, Grass Knot, Flash Cannon, Wild Charge, Dark Pulse, Dazzling Gleam, Confide, Dragon Pulse, Drain Punch, Drill Run, Dual Chop, Earth Power, Electroweb, Endeavor, Fire Punch, Focus Punch, Gunk Shot, Heat Wave, Ice Punch, Icy Wind, Iron Defense, Knock Off, Liquidation, Seed Bomb, Shock Wave, Signal Beam, Sky Attack, Stealth Rock, Superpower, Throat Chop, Thunder Punch, Water Pulse, Moonblast, Aqua Jet, Hydro Pump, Hammer Arm, Power-Up Punch, Close Combat, Comet Punch, Aura Sphere, Hurricane, Air Slash, Guillotine, Psycho Cut, Night Slash, Leaf Blade, Hone Claws, Incinerate, Rock Smash, Cut, Strength, Brine, Bullet Seed, Air Cutter, Swift, Twister, Double-Edge, Dynamic Punch, Zap Cannon, Razor Wind, Water Shuriken, Barrage, Magnet Bomb, Rock Blast, Flame Burst, Rock Wrecker, Secret Power, Electro Ball, Meteor Mash, Metal Claw, Mach Punch, Sacred Sword, Sky Uppercut, Crabhammer, Foul Play

Reasoning: Dark Pit has the same stat spread as good ol' Pitty, which makes him a clone... But as it turns out, that's what he literally is. Dark-type because he doesn't have any affiliations until your sights are on the Chaos Kin, where he starts to work with Viridi. (And you, considering you and her are working together to take down Hades and if you're KO'd, he gets KO'd too) Part-Flying because he actually CAN fly without outside assistance, unlike Pit, due to absorbing Pandora into his wings. (well her spirit at least; something happened to her body long before the events of the first kid icarus game) Because the chapter where Pittoo takes the wheel gives him all the same options as Pit, he gets more or less Pit's moveset, minus Amnesia and plus Swagger/Taunt/Torment. Foul Play as more Dark-type coverage for Pittoo, and Defiant/Competitive because while he does go rogue against the Underworld, his other main target is Pitty Pat. Sniper because he tries to snipe Pit from afar at some point in Chapter 6 with... the Dark Pit Staff. (Staves are basically snipers) It being named after him more or less cements its status as his preferred weapon.
Pokémon: Ness
Type: Psychic/Normal
Ability: Healer / Guts / Forewarn [HA]
Stats: 110/110/100/110/100/70 [BST 600]
Z-Move: PSI Rockin Ω (Psychic-type Special 200BP move. Psychic and Nessium Z required.)
Some Moves: Heal Pulse, Recover, Wish, Purify, Refresh, Teleport, Psyshock, Psychic, Flash, Dazzling Gleam, Reflect, Barrier, Mirror Coat, Hypnosis, Thunder Wave, Incinerate, Shock Wave, Eerie Impulse, Hidden Power, Slam, Wood Hammer, Return, Tri Attack, Bide, Zen Headbutt
Reasoning: Bulky, with decent offense? That's Ness, alright. Recover and Heal Pulse because he can use Lifeup on any team member, himself included. Purify and Refresh because he learns Healing too, which has the same targeting. Flash and Dazzling Gleam from PSI Flash, Reflect, Mirror Coat, and Barrier from Shield (Mirror Coat because Shield β reflects damage back to the attacker), Psyshock and Psychic are STAB, Thunder Wave is Paralysis, and Hypnosis is Hypnosis. Incinerate is from PSI Fire, Shock Wave PSI Thunder, and Eerie Impulse PSI Magnet. All are from Smash Bros, but Ness doesn't get any of them in his game, hence why he didn't get any stronger attacks for the former two. Zen Headbutt's just mandatory STAB tbh. Healer because again he's got loads of healing arts, Guts because he has a rather high Guts stat, and Forewarn (Prophetic Dream) because Magicant. I WAS gonna add Facade, but with 110 HP and ATK and 100 in both defenses... No.
Pokémon: Riki
Type: Normal
Ability: Frisk / Fluffy / Pickpocket [HA]
Moves: Counter, Acupressure, Yawn, Rest, Thief, Heal Pulse, Wish, Stomping Tantrum, Punishment, Smack Down, Rollout, Feint Attack, Icicle Crash, Ice Beam, Toxic, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Incinerate, Bite, Switcheroo, Knock Off, Bug Bite, Nuzzle, Sucker Punch, Play Rough
Stats: 145/67/90/80/80/108 [BST 570]

Reasoning: Riki's Normal-type because he was roped into the Heropon business solely due to debt, having been an ordinary Nopon otherwise. Def is Shulk's SpD (Riki's max Strength = Shulk's max Ether), and I extrapolated Riki's SpD from that based on Max Ether. HP and Speed were obtained through the ratios between Shulk's and Riki's Max HP and Agility, respectively. He leans towards Special Offense because plenty of Riki's arts are Special, and his prime focus is inflicting debuffs on the enemy. Frisk ties into Yoink! (The basis for Thief), an art that can steal enemy drops or stat boosts, later going into XP and AP. I was considering not having Fluffy on our Heropon, but we have a mon with 120/80/60 bulk that has that same ability, said mon being in RU. Now, let's get into his moves...

Riki Is Angry: Counter
Bitey Bitey: Bite, Bug Bite
Sneaky: Feint Attack
Hero Time: Acupressure
Bedtime: Yawn, Rest (This move puts both Riki and nearby enemies to sleep)
You Can Do It: Heal Pulse, Wish (This move heals Riki and every teammate in front of him.)
Tantrum: Stomping Tantrum
Say Sorry: Punishment
Roly-Poly: Smack Down (The art has a 30% chance to inflict Topple, but if Topple isn't inflicted, it attempts to inflict Bind instead.)
Freezinate: Icicle Crash, Ice Beam
Lurgy: Toxic
Burninate: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Incinerate
Behave: Nuzzle
Peekaboo: Sucker Punch, Play Rough
Pokémon: Final Destination
Type:

Ability: Levitate, Flash Fire
Some Moves: Stone Edge, Steelspire, Iron Defense, Core Regenerate, Overheat, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Thunder Wave, Discharge, Fly, Protect,

Steelspire
/

90 BP, 100 Acc., 16 BP
High crit. ratio
Physical if Atk. is higher, Special if Sp. Atk. is higher (like Photon Geyser)
Recharge

Core Regenerate

100 Acc., 8 BP
User gains 33% Max HP each turn for 2 turns (Turn 1 - 33% health gained, Turn 2 - 33% health gained again)
Stats: 103 / 83 / 109 / 89 / 139 / 59 (582 BST)

Reasoning: The typing comes from Final Destination's design; the landscape looks like metal and the red markings and core look like fire. I basically just made it a tank. I don't know what else to say.
Pokémon: Galeem
Type:

Abilities: Dazzling, Lord of Light (HA)

Lord of Light
Galeem's
moves have their BP multiplied by 1.2x
Some Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Moonlight, Light Missile, Air Slash, Fly, Tailwind, Shadow Ball, Destiny Bond, Curse, Morning Sun, Protect, Calm Mind, Psychic, Psyshock

Light Missile

85 BP, - Acc., 8 BP
Never misses
Stats: 109 / 61 / 53 / 149 / 139 / 79 (590 BST)

Reasoning: I don't need to explain Galeem's
type. Galeem is
because its literally surrounded by wings. Galeem's ability 'Lord of Light' is based off of its ingame title.
Pokémon: Dharkon
Type:

Abilities: Merciless, Deity of Darkness (HA)
Deity of Darkness
Deity of Darkness
Dharkon's
moves have their BP multiplied by 1.2x
Some Moves: Gloomthorn, Night Slash, Knock Off, Hone Claws, Dark Pulse, Night Daze, Poison Jab, Gunk Shot, Toxic, Toxic Spikes, Psycho Cut, Hypnosis, Night Shade

Gloomthorn

85 BP, - Acc., 8 BP
Never misses
30% chance to lower target's Acc. by 1 stage
Stats: 109 / 149 / 139 / 61 / 53 / 79 (590 BST)

Reasoning: Blah blah blah,
because darkness,
because thorns. 'Deity of Darkness' is NOT based off of its ingame title; 'Embodiment of Chaos and Darkness' is way too long for an ability name.
Pokémon: **Chrom** (Fire Emblem Awakening. Echo Fighter of Roy, appears in Robin's Final Smash)
Typing: Steel
Abilities: Justified/Defiant/Rightful King (HA)
Signature Ability: Rightful King- User has a high critical hit chance. User's secondary effects have a double chance of proccing (So basically, Serene Grace+Super Luck). Cannot be negated or removed.
Moves: Slash, Sacred Sword, Fury Cutter, Swords Dance, King's Shield, Exalted Slash*, Return, etc.
Signature Move: Exalted Slash- Steel-Type, Physical, 100 BP, 100 Accuracy, 10 PP. Super-Effective against Dark-types and Dragon-types.
Z-Move: Awakening Aether- Steel-Type, Physical, 100 BP. Upgrades from Exalted Slash with Chromium Z. Hits Twice. Super Effective vs. Dark-Types and Dragon-types. The first hit drains 50% of the damage dealt. The second hit is a guaranteed critical hit.
Stats: 100 HP/130 Atk/80 Def/50 SpA/60 SpD/110 Spe (BST: 530)
Reasoning: Chrom finally got his chance. The main character of Fire Emblem Awakening and the Exalt of Ylisse, Chrom appeared as a part of Robin's Final Smash in Smash 4, and in Ultimate, got promoted to a playable character and Echo Fighter of Roy.

Chrom's typing is Pure Steel, because that's really the only type that makes sense. I only listed a few moves to give him because that's all I was confident in (There could be other slashing moves or such to give him), but his move for the most part is pretty similar to that of Aegislash, including King's Shield. The main difference would be Chrom's signature move, Exalted Slash, which references Chrom's personal weapon, the Falchion. Specifically, it refers to the Exalted Falchion, which he obtains in Chapter 24 of Fire Emblem Awakening (Hence the 'SE on Dark-types' effect on top of its Dragon Slaying properties).

Awakening Aether is Chrom's Final Smash in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and is based on Aether's Portrayal in Fire Emblem Awakening, and here, I decided to make a nearly straight translation of that skill: Awakening Aether hits twice (and thus breaks Subs), with the first strike healing Chrom for 50% of the damage dealt, an exact copy of the first half of an Aether Proc. The second half is what has changed: Instead of ignoring half of the enemy's defense (THAT would be way too powerful, flashbacks of Gen 4 Selfdestruct), I decided to simply make it a guaranteed Critical Hit to bypass the enemy's defensive buffs, still sticking to the principle of the second half of an Aether Proc in ignoring the enemy's defenses.

His signature ability is Rightful King, based on the final skill Chrom learns in the Great Lord Class, which increases the chance of proccing in-battle skills like Aether. Here, it manifests similarly: Chrom gains an increase to both his critical hit rate AND his chance to proc secondary effects on moves. Justified and Defiant are two other abilities that make a lot of sense for Chrom.

Chrom's stat spread is based on what it was like in Fire Emblem Awakening: Chrom has high HP, Strength and Speed and Decent Defense, but his Magic and Resistance are poor in Awakening, which translates into High HP, Attack and Speed, and decent Defense, but low special stats.

"Your end has come!" (Sample Chrom set)
Chrom@Chromium Z/Choice Band
Ability: Defiant/Rightful King
Nature: Adamant or Jolly
-Exalted Slash
-Swords Dance/Filler (depending on whether Choice or Z-Move)
-Filler
-Filler
Pokémon: **Richter Belmont** (Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. Simon Belmont's Echo Fighter.)
Typing: Steel/Fighting
Abilities: Justified/Moxie
Moves: Holy Water*, Vampire Killer*, Cross*, Axe*, Close Combat, etc.
Signature Moves
Holy Water: Water-type, Special, 100 BP, 100 Accuracy, 15 PP. Super effective against Dark-types and Ghost-types. Flying-types are immune. Damage is calculated from Richter's Attack stat. If used by Simon or Richter, they gain STAB on the move, regardless of typing.
Vampire Killer: Steel-type, Physical. 90 BP, 100 Accuracy, 20 PP. Super Effective against Dark-types and Ghost-types.
Cross: Steel-type, Physical, 30 BP, 100 Accuracy, 15 PP. Super effective against Dark-types and Ghost-types. Hits twice.
Axe: Steel-type, Physical, 70 BP, 100 Accuracy, 15 PP. Super effective against Flying-types.
Z-Moves
Hydro Storm: Water-type, Special, 240 BP. Upgraded from Richter's Holy Water using Itemcrashium Z. Super effective against Dark-types and Ghost-types. Damages both opponents in a double battle. Damage is calculated from Richter's attack stat. Richter always gains STAB on the move, regardless of typing.
Axe Sweep: Steel-type, Physical, 200 PP. Upgraded from Axe using Itemcrashium Z. Super effective against Flying-types. Breaks screens.
Grand Cross: Steel-type, Special, 190 BP. Upgraded from Cross using Itemcrashium Z. Super effective against Dark-types and Ghost-types. Not resisted by Steel-types. Bypasses Substitutes. Damage is calculated from Richter's Attack stat.
Flame Whip: Vampire Killer: Steel-type, Physical, 230 BP. Upgraded from Vampire Killer using Itemcrashium Z. Deals either Steel-type or Fire-type damage, whichever would do more damage. Super effective against Dark-types and Ghost-types.
Stats: 90 HP/130 Atk/90 Def/70 SpA/80 SpD/110 Spe (BST: 570).
Reasoning: Richter Belmont is a descendant of Simon Belmont who battled Dracula in the year 1792, during the events of Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. He later appears Symphony of the Night, which takes place 5 years later. Richter is said to be one of the most powerful Belmonts, hence his good overall stats except for special attack, and one of the only ones to be able to use Item Crashes (Which, in this case, take on the form of Z-Moves, naturally). His abilities are self-explanatory.

Richter's listed moves aside from Close Combat are based on the weapons he uses in the Castlevania series, and to be more specific, the ones that appeared in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The Cross, Holy Water and Vampire Killer are all effective weapons against the forces of darkness, so it seemed fitting to make them super-effective on Dark and Ghost-types. The Holy Water is ineffective against flying foes except when used for his Item Crash, so they're immune to the otherwise devastating attack. Also, the Holy Water is a weapon Richter uses, so despite its nature of leaving holy fire where it strikes, it actually does damage based on Richter's attack, as it's not magic. The Cross acts as a boomerang, coming back for a second hit, allowing Richter a way to bypass subs. The Axe, on the other hand, is designed to defeat flying foes due to its arcing movement, so it's naturally super-effective on flying types. As for his famous Vampire Killer, it's a basic weapon that's simple to use.

His Z-Moves are his Item Crashes for each item. The Flame Whip is one you may not have heard of, but if Richter tries to use an Item Crash without a subweapon equipped, he'll use the Flame Whip, which has a pretty self-explanatory effect.

Hydro Storm is his Item Crash for use with the Holy Water. It's a full-screen move that causes a massive rainstorm of Holy Water, hence why it hits both opponents in a double battle. It's also known for being the most powerful Item Crash, hence why it has the highest power, but no special effect.

In order to ensure that the other Item Crashes aren't overshadowed by Hydro Storm, I've given them other utility effects. Axe Sweep blasts clean through screens, and Grand Cross bypasses substitutes.
Pokémon: **Joker** (Persona 5. The first DLC character in the Fighter Pass).
Typing: Dark
Abilities: Moxie/Mold Breaker/Persona Change (HA)
Signature Ability: Persona Change- Joker gains a secondary typing based on the type of move he uses. Additionally, the damage of all of his attacks is calculated based on his higher offensive stat. This ability cannot be disabled, removed or copied.
Moves: Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Aeroblast, Psychic, Psyshock, Dark Pulse, Swords Dance, Night Slash, Sucker Punch, Slash, Close Combat, Poison Jab, U-Turn, X-Scissor, Calm Mind, Baton Pass, etc.
Z-Move: Sinful Shell- Dark-type, Physical, 230 BP. Upgraded from Joker's Dark Pulse using Jokerium Z. Super-Effective against Fairy-types. Bypasses all defensive boosts of the foe.
Stats: 70 HP/ 120 Atk/70 Def/120 SpA/70 SpD/140 Spe (BST: 590)
Reasoning: And now for the character that we all never saw coming: Joker, from Persona 5. He's the first character in the Fighter Pass DLC for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. He's the leader of the Phantom Thieves of Hearts, a group of youngsters who were wronged by corrupt adults, and head into a strange dimension called the Metaverse to steal the manifestation of their twisted desires, causing them to be wrought with guilt and confess their crimes.

Despite Joker's strong sense of honor, a Dark-type was really the only type that would make sense for Joker, due to, (although limited in what's shown due to being a player insert), having the heart of a rebellious trickster, him being a Phantom Thief, and of course his main Persona, Arsene. However, it's not always going to be his only type, due to his hidden ability.

Joker's two normal abilities are Moxie and Mold Breaker. Moxie due to being shown in cutscenes to be a big show-off, and Mold Breaker due to his rebellious nature. However, his Hidden Ability, Persona Change, is an entirely different beast. You see, in Persona 5, Joker has the power of the Wild Card. This means that, unlike most other characters in the series (In the Post-Persona 2 series, only the heroes of Persona 3 and Persona 4 otherwise have the Wild Card's power as well), Joker can have more than one Persona besides Arsene. This manifests in changing his secondary typing whenever he uses a move (If he uses a Dark-type move like Dark Pulse, it'll instead erase his secondary typing).

Each of the moves he gets that's listed is based on a type of elemental skill in Persona 5: Ice Beam is based on the Bufu line, Thunderbolt is based on the Zio line, Flamethrower is Agi, Aeroblast is Garu, Psychic and Psyshock are Psio and Dark Pulse is Eiha. He also gets buffing skills in Swords Dance and Calm Mind, and Baton Pass is the name of a technique that Joker can perform in Persona 5, so it makes sense he gets it here. The rest of his moves are based on physical (or in the case of Poison Jab, status) moves.

His Z-Move is a bit of a spoiler, so I've hidden the explanation for that in the spoiler tag below.

Persona 5 Spoilers
It's the move that he uses to finish off the final boss in Persona 5, and is the signature move of his Ultimate Persona, Satanael.
Lastly, Joker's stats. Joker's got very high speed naturally (How would he be a Phantom Thief if he wasn't fast and agile?), and his offenses are pretty good too, leaning to Arsene's decent offensive growths, but in turn, his defenses are only average at best. On top of this, since Joker will usually outspeed his foe, Persona Change can be used against him in the event that he switches to a bad type for a given matchup (E.g. trying to Ice Beam a foe only for it to have fire coverage which will promptly melt him).
Pokemon: Galeem
Type: Fairy/Psychic
Ability: Bane of Darkness (The user's Psychic type moves are super effective on Dark types, and their Fairy type moves are super effective against Poison types.)
Signature Move: Angelic Flare
- Type: Fairy
- Classification: Special
- Power: 100
- Accuracy: 100
- PP: 5 (max 8)
- Effect: Has a high critical hit ratio.
Signature Z-Move: Spear of Light
- Prerequisite Move: Angelic Flare
- Type: Fairy
- Power: 150
- Effect: Always results in a critical hit.
- Flavor: The user gathers an immense amount of light energy, and unleashes it in the form of a mighty spear, which it rams the opponent with. Always results in a critical hit.
Stats: 100/40/40/160/160/100
Notable Moveset: Psychic, Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Psyshock, Electro Ball, Flash Cannon, Tri Attack, Aurora Beam, Flash, Teleport, Mimic, Magnet Bomb, Ember, Laser Focus
Overview: I decided to take my own stab at the two big bads from World of Light, as a main point that is emphasized with these two is that their powers counter one another, and thusly make them even. Galeem is the main antagonist of the first part of world of light, and seeks to bathe the world in its own glow. Suffice to say, it's quite strong, which explains its high offensive stat and other good stats. However, due to the fact that we need to balance this thing for OU, its main flaw is its poor Defense and subpar Speed. Its ability, Bane of Darkness (based on its actual ingame spirit power) allows it to use either of its STABs to hit the targets of its other STAB, as well as hit new targets. However, it doesn't get the most perfect or reliable of coverage, or any setup other than Laser Focus, which keeps things from going overboard.
Pokemon: Dharkon
Type: Dark/Poison
Ability: Bane of Light (The user's Dark type moves are super effective on Fairy types, and their Poison type moves are super effective against Psychic types.)
Signature Move: Demonic Rend
- Type: Dark
- Classification: Physical
- Power: 110
- PP: 5 (max 8)
- Effect: Has a 40% chance to lower the foe's Speed by two stages. Targets all adjecent Pokemon in a Double Battle.
Signature Z-Move: Hammer of Darkness
- Prerequisite Move: Demonic Rend
- Type: Dark
- Classification: Physical
- Power: 190
- Effect: Lowers the opposing Pokemon's speed by one stage.
- Flavor: The user gathers together its entire dark mass and smashes it onto the foe. Lowers their Speed by one stage.
Stats: 97/142/101/65/88/100 (Total: 593)
Notable Moveset: Poison Jab, Gunk Shot, Dark Pulse, Knock Off, Glare, Hypnosis, Nightmare, Curse, Work Up, Shadow Claw, Shadow Force, Phantom Force, Teleport, Sludge Bomb, Drill Run, X-Scissor, Laser Focus
Overview: Dharkon is the opposite of Galeem. A dark entity that wants nothing more than to shroud the world in darkness. Everything about it is supposed to make you uncomfortable and wary, which is why here it has bizarre stat numbers. Like Galeem, its ability is named after the respective spirit power in game, and here it has the same effect for Dharkon's STABs. Its defenses are a little more balanced, in exchange for a lower offensive stat. Its Speed was kept the same as Galeem's Speed to show that, despite the two being polar opposites, they're equally matched.
Pokemon: Dark Samus
Type: Electric/Dark
Abilities: Mega Launcher/Sheer Force
Signature Move: Phazon Pulse
- Type: Electric
- Power: 95
- PP: 10 (max 16)
- Effect: When dealing damage, counts as a dual type move, the second type being Dark. Boosted by Mega Launcher.
Stats: 105 / 100 / 75 / 145 / 75 / 105
Notable Moveset: Thunderbolt, Dark Pulse, Water Pulse, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Nasty Plot, Lock-On, Zap Cannon, Flash Cannon, Hyper Beam, Night Shade, Sonicboom, Psywave, Charge Beam
Overview: An echo fighter of a winning fighter from the last slate? Well, that explains the similar builds. Like regular Samus, Dark Samus has a plethora of moves boosted by her (its?) powerful abilities. Sheer Force in particular covers most of the strong options carried over from Samus's movepool. Phazon Pulse is interesting, since Dark and Electric don't overlap at all. It makes for a really strong move that hits everything Dark Samus would want it to hit. As for stats, Dark Samus is a bit less bulky than regular Samus, but has better physical attack (it does get physical moves not listed in Notable Moves, as does Samus) and Speed than she does.
Pokémon: Alucard
Type: Dark
Ability: Justified
Stats: 70 / 115 / 85 / 105 / 75 / 130 (580 BST)

Notable Moves: Soul Steal, Crissaegrim, Knock Off, Sacred Sword, Extreme Speed, Swords Dance, Psychic, Fire Blast, Substitute, Transform
Soul Steal | Special | Dark | 80 BP | 10 PP |Restores 75% of damage dealt
Crissaegrim | Physical | Steel | 30 BP | 30 PP | Hits four times

Reasoning: The son of Dracula's moves are taken from his abilities in Symphony of the Night where he has a range of sword and magic based attacks at his disposal as well as the ability to transform into a variety of animals and summon monsters. Soul Steal is one of his stronger magic attacks that steals HP from all on screen enemies and Crissaegrim is the one of the most powerful swords in the game that strikes multiple times per attack.
Pokémon: Isabelle
Ability: Klutz
Stats: 140 / 40 / 70 / 40 / 130 / 110 (530 BST)

Notable Moves: Cheering Support, Switcheroo, Wish, Protect, Substitute, Recover, Follow Me
Cheering Support | -- BP | Normal | Status | Switches user out and heals incoming ally of any status ailments

Reasoning: Isabelle has high HP because her heart is full of kindness. She is clumsy in her appearances in Animal Crossing and is a kind, helpful person who often gives items to help out, hence the ability Klutz and the move Switcheroo that when combined make her main niche. Isabelle is always cheering on her friends so Cheering Support is a way she can still help her allies in battle along with the rest of her support moves. Of course her kind, happy-go-luck nature means she cannot learn any offensive moves.
Pokémon: Whispy Woods
Type: Grass
Ability: Powerful Breath* / Harvest (HA)
*Powerful Breath: Boosts Flying-type moves by 1.5x
Stats: 130/130/100/120/70/50 (600)
Notable Moves: Seed Bomb, Energy Ball, Power Whip, Whispy Inhale*, Air Bullet**, Hurricane, Whirlwind, Synthesis, Poison Jab, Gunk Shot, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Crunch, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Overheat, Heavy Slam, Rock Slide, Stone Edge
*Whispy Inhale: Physical Flying-type, 90 BP, 100% Accuracy, 15/24 PP, 20% chance to drop target's Defense by 1, Biting move, 175 BP Supersonic Skystrike
**Air Bullet: Special Flying-type, 30 BP, 100% Accuracy, 15/24 PP, hits 3 times, 175 BP Supersonic Skystrike
Sample Sets
Whispy Woods @ Leftovers
Ability: Powerful Breath
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Whispy Inhale
- Seed Bomb
- Stone Edge
- Overheat

Reasoning: Whispy Woods is a tree, hence Grass type. Powerful Breath because Whispy specializes in wind-based attacks using his breath, but obviously cannot fly. Harvest and Seed Bomb are based on Whispy's apple attacks, while the Poison moves are based on the poisonous version of said attack used as Whispy's Revenge. Power Whip, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes are based on his root attacks. Energy and Synthesis are just because Grass-type. Whispy Inhale comes from the attack of the same name, as does Crunch. Air Bullet inspires the signature move of the same name, while its gust variation gives Hurricane and its dark variation gives Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball. His fiery Burst Fruits from Star Allies give him Fire moves. Heavy Slam comes from his jumping moves. Rock Slide and Stone Edge come from the stone-tossing moves he gets as Clanky Woods in Planet Robobot. His stats reflect his being a big ol tree. His speed is 50 because while he's rooted in the ground, he's not completely immobile, and can crawl and jump (!) with surprising speed.
Pokémon: **Donkey Kong**
Type: Ground / Fighting
Ability: Sap Sipper / Iron Fist
Moves: Wind Up Punch*, Focus Punch, Banana Toss*, Pitstrike*, Mach Punch, Earthquake, High Horsepower, Hammer Arm, Bullet Punch, Knock Off, Belly Drum, Bounce, Superpower, Close Combat, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Seed Bomb
Wind-Up-Punch: Fighting | Physical | 140 BP | 5 PP | 90% Acc | Z-Power: 200 All Out Pummelling | 50% chance to confuse. Charge move. Punch based.
Banana Toss: Grass | Status | - | 10 PP | - | Z-Effect: Reset negative stats | Heals user for 50% of maximum health. 10% chance to raise attack.
Pitstrike: Ground | Physical | 75 BP | 10 PP | Z-Power: 140 BP Tectonic Rage | Traps foes. Hits airborne targets.
Stats: 130/140/80/50/70/70

Reasoning: Donkey Kong is a gorilla that loves to punch, and I think the Ground/Fighting typing best reflects this. Its movepool is filled with punching attacks. Its signature moves all come from attacks he does in his core series, and Seed Bonb refers to his extensive use of Coconuts.
Pokemon: Nayru
Type: Water/Fairy
Signature Move: Nayru's Love
Nayru's Love | Ice type | 80 BP | Special | Protects the user from attacks this turn | only damages the opponent if they make contact this turn
Stats: 110/100/100/145/145/80 (BST: 680)
Special: Moonblast, Psychic, Aura Sphere, Focus Blast, Hydro Pump, Surf, Scald, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Frost Breath, Thunder, Thunderbolt,
Physical: Play Rough, Extremespeed, Zen Headbutt, Sacred Sword, Liquidation, Ice Punch
Status: Calm Mind, Swords Dance, Morning Sun, Wish, Healing Wish, Heal Bell, Light Screen, Haze
Reasoning: The Goddess of Wisdom and one of the three creation deities from The Legend of Zelda series. She created the law that governs all things ( the laws of physics as I would understand it ). In most games she is associated with water, although in some this has been switched to ice or electricity. Fairy represents divinity and is a pretty good fit for Zelda deities, who are associated with beings called Fairies in the game. Her stat spread is heavily biased towards special stats to represent wisdom; it's also defensively biased, because the characters and symbols that are associated with Nayru tend to be serene in nature. Golden Spirit refers to their original depiction as "Golden Goddesses" in the N64 title Ocarina of Time, even though in later depictions they do not appear to be golden.

Competitively she is a nice cleric or tank with a good typing and status immunity. Nayru's Love pairs perfectly with Wish, and alleviates some of the passivity of the strategy. Otherwise, Morning Sun + Calm Mind would make a good bulky sweeper thanks to the high defenses and status immunity.
Pokemon: Din
Type: Fire/Fairy
Signature Move: Din's Fire
Din's Fire | Fire type | 100 BP | Physical | 95% Acc. | 50% chance to raise Def by two stages.
Stats: 80/145/145/110/100/100 (BST: 680)
Special: Moonblast, Psychic, Aura Sphere, Focus Blast, Eruption, Fire Blast, Lava Plume, Solarbeam, Earth Power,
Physical: Play Rough, Extremespeed, Zen Headbutt, Sacred Sword, Flare Blitz, Blaze Kick, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Superpower, Wild Charge
Status: Calm Mind, Swords Dance, Morning Sun, Bulk Up, Stealth Rock, Iron Defense, Reflect, Will-o-Wisp
Reasoning: The Goddess of Power and one of the three creation deities from The Legend of Zelda series. She created the Earth as the first act of creation. She is associated with fire and the earth. Fairy represents her divinity. Her stat spread is faster and physically based as the characters and symbols associated with her ( like the Gorons ) tend to be vigorous and strong.

Competitively she is a physical wall breaker or sweeper. Although she faces competition from Primal Groudon, she has better speed, and access to Extreme Speed ( and status immunity ). 100 Speed is actually a really nice tier that outspeeds most of the box cover legendaries. If she gets +2 Defense from Din's Fire then she can eat a hit from foes like Primal Groudon and Ho-Oh and muscle through them
Pokemon: Farore
Type: Grass/Fairy
Signature Move: Farore's Wind
Farore's Wind | Flying type | Special | 85 BP | User switches out
Stats: 100/145/80/145/100/110 (BST: 680)
Special: Moonblast, Psychic, Aura Sphere, Focus Blast, Giga Drain, Leaf Storm, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball
Physical: Play Rough, Extremespeed, Zen Headbutt, Sacred Sword, Power Whip, Play Rough, Extremespeed, Close Combat, U-turn, Wild Charge
Status: Calm Mind, Swords Dance, Morning Sun, Leech Seed, Growth, Aromatherapy, Rapid Spin, Defog
Reasoning: The Goddess of Courage and one of the three creation deities from The Legend of Zelda series. She created life and spirits after the other two had completed their work. She is associated with the forest and living things. Fairy represents her divinity. Her stat spread is more high risk, high reward, which embodies the idea of courage. Farore's Wind has always been a mobility based move in games where it appears, so it makes sense as a pivoting move here.

Competitively she is an offensive pivot. She can go physical, special, or mixed, having a solid attacking movepool on both sides. Swords Dance + Extremespeed is a possibility as well, although probably pulled off better by Din. Specs and Band sets would be more likely.
colourcodedchaos
KirbyRider1337
PsuedoRidge
Neosonic97
KeeganSkymin4444
Pika Xreme
G-Luke
Scoopapa

Lol bro.

Who says you don't take pride in your "work"?

How does one not have a non Kirby related sub in a slate where you have over 60 characters of your choosing to sub from?

And yes, I took inspiration more from Smash interpretations, where he notably causes a lot of ground shaking behaviour and stuff. Besides, what typing do you think fits him more?
How do you not fill up your fucking submission post to the limit? You're fucking deliberately ignoring the most important part, that making a new sub takes time. Not to fucking mention that I haven't even played many of the games those characters are from. I'm not going to throw darts at a fucking board and make a sub for a character I barely know about and finish it up in 7 minutes.

So that's how I don't have a non-Kirby related sub. Because like I said in the top of the post, first thing you should have seen, I didn't think I could make a new sub within the deadline.

How about you stop weeping when people sub something from a series you didn't want them to?

And about the Donkey Kong thing, not everything has to be dual-type.

G-Luke

How do you not fill up your fucking submission post to the limit? You're fucking deliberately ignoring the most important part, that making a new sub takes time. Not to fucking mention that I haven't even played many of the games those characters are from. I'm not going to throw darts at a fucking board and make a sub for a character I barely know about and finish it up in 7 minutes.

So that's how I don't have a non-Kirby related sub. Because like I said in the top of the post, first thing you should have seen, I didn't think I could make a new sub within the deadline.

How about you stop weeping when people sub something from a series you didn't want them to?

And about the Donkey Kong thing, not everything has to be dual-type.
Firstly, calm down. Not every conversation started with you needs to involve swear words. It doesn't make you look any more serious. Quite contrary to that fact. I have been rather lax when it comes to your infamous outbursts, but I won't tolerate blatant disrespect on this thread, or any other in this subforum.

If it is your opinion that you need to personally play these games to be able to submit a character from said game, (I don't share that opinion, since I never grew up owning games nor having friends who did, but I'd still feel passionate about subbing), you are free to hold and express that opinion, as no one is objecting you.

Also, this
I never complained that you make to much Kirby submissions. I never complained that anyone makes any submissions from any series that they submitted from. Because quite frankly I do not care. Of course I may not like certain games that people submit. Honestly I do not even know most of the games referenced in this thread. But I do not act childish and immature and allow emotions to unfairly govern my thoughts and actions. Anyone can submit any game character they want as long as it isn't breaking the rules of the thread. I never objected to that rule. I don't intervene in things like overpowered submissions because I have faith that this mod's leader can handle it if needed to be addressed.

I understand that you may not have time to complete submissions. I personally wanted to submit more subs, but alas, I did not have access to my mother's laptop to properly submit (had to do Donkey on the phone). I wasn't aware that you did pre-submissions before uploading (correct me if I interpreted that right), I just assumed that one had an idea for a sub, then did it right on the spot. For not acknowledging that, I do apologize.

Finally, on the that Donkey Kong typing sitch: If you don't approve of my typing decision, put forward a legitimate complaint, as I am always open for legitimate criticism. "Not everything has to be dual typing" isn't one though, as that is completely subjective.

Also, here are my votes

Kirbyrider1337's Ness
G-Luke's Donkey Kong
Neosonic's Ritcher

Okay, Glooky, here's some legitimate criticism: why is a gorilla a Ground-type by default? Given that Kong's moveset (by your own admission) revolves around bananas, coconuts, &c, surely Fighting/Grass would be a more appropriate combination. Also you spelled Richter wrong in your voting.

*incoming wall of patronizing condescension that somehow doesn't constitute disrespectful conduct because it's a mod doing it in 3, 2, 1...*

Anyway:-

Isabelle (ToadBrigade)
Mahva (colourcodedchaos)
Riki (KirbyRider1337)

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
In my opinion for DK, pure-fighting makes the most sense as it doesn’t particularly seem ground (it has a ground slam but that’s about it) or grass (as those are tools/food). DK’s just kind of your normal intelligent gorilla that punches people, so fighting alone makes the most sense to me.

G-Luke

I made it part Ground because to me it was the most thematically fitting. That being said, if everyone else feels so strongly about its inclusion, I'll retcon to being pure Fighting.

Slate #21
Anything Goes

Congratulations to G-Luke , KeeganSkymin4444 and myself for winning with Donkey Kong, Galeem and Isabelle!
G-Like has earned the title Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle and I guess I earned Captain Rainbow (who has a spirit in Ultimate but I'm probably the only one excited about it).

Submit your characters for this slate by the 23rd of December.
Have fun!​

I don't think I'm winning ANYTHING this slate, but it wouldn't hurt to check whether or not that assumption's baloney.

"I'm Ness.... It's been a long road getting here... "
Pokémon: Ness
Type: Psychic/Normal
Ability: Healer / Guts / Forewarn [HA]
Stats: 110/110/100/110/100/70 [BST 600]
Z-Move: PSI Rockin Ω (Psychic-type Special 200BP move. Psychic and Nessium Z required.)
Some Moves: Heal Pulse, Recover, Wish, Purify, Refresh, Teleport, Psyshock, Psychic, Flash, Dazzling Gleam, Reflect, Barrier, Mirror Coat, Hypnosis, Thunder Wave, Incinerate, Shock Wave, Eerie Impulse, Hidden Power, Slam, Wood Hammer, Return, Tri Attack, Bide, Zen Headbutt
Reasoning: Bulky, with decent offense? That's Ness, alright. Recover and Heal Pulse because he can use Lifeup on any team member, himself included. Purify and Refresh because he learns Healing too, which has the same targeting. Flash and Dazzling Gleam from PSI Flash, Reflect, Mirror Coat, and Barrier from Shield (Mirror Coat because Shield β reflects damage back to the attacker), Psyshock and Psychic are STAB, Thunder Wave is Paralysis, and Hypnosis is Hypnosis. Incinerate is from PSI Fire, Shock Wave PSI Thunder, and Eerie Impulse PSI Magnet. All are from Smash Bros, but Ness doesn't get any of them in his game, hence why he didn't get any stronger attacks for the former two. Zen Headbutt's just mandatory STAB tbh. Healer because again he's got loads of healing arts, Guts because he has a rather high Guts stat, and Forewarn (Prophetic Dream) because Magicant. I WAS gonna add Facade, but with 110 HP and ATK and 100 in both defenses... No.
i just want to put the consecutive resub effect to rest with this one tbh ;d
"Nyapakapow!"
Pokémon: Riki
Ability: Frisk / Fluffy / Pickpocket [HA]
Moves: Counter, Acupressure, Yawn, Rest, Thief, Heal Pulse, Wish, Stomping Tantrum, Punishment, Smack Down, Rollout, Feint Attack, Icicle Crash, Ice Beam, Toxic, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Incinerate, Bite, Switcheroo, Knock Off, Bug Bite, Nuzzle, Sucker Punch, Play Rough
Stats: 145/67/90/80/80/108 [BST 570]

Reasoning: Riki's Normal-type because he was roped into the Heropon business solely due to debt, having been an ordinary Nopon otherwise. Def is Shulk's SpD (Riki's max Strength = Shulk's max Ether), and I extrapolated Riki's SpD from that based on Max Ether. HP and Speed were obtained through the ratios between Shulk's and Riki's Max HP and Agility, respectively. He leans towards Special Offense because plenty of Riki's arts are Special, and his prime focus is inflicting debuffs on the enemy. Frisk ties into Yoink! (The basis for Thief), an art that can steal enemy drops or stat boosts, later going into XP and AP. I was considering not having Fluffy on our Heropon, but we have a mon with 120/80/60 bulk that has that same ability, said mon being in RU. Now, let's get into his moves...

Riki Is Angry: Counter
Bitey Bitey: Bite, Bug Bite
Sneaky: Feint Attack
Hero Time: Acupressure
Bedtime: Yawn, Rest (This move puts both Riki and nearby enemies to sleep)
You Can Do It: Heal Pulse, Wish (This move heals Riki and every teammate in front of him.)
Tantrum: Stomping Tantrum
Say Sorry: Punishment
Roly-Poly: Smack Down (The art has a 30% chance to inflict Topple, but if Topple isn't inflicted, it attempts to inflict Bind instead.)
Freezinate: Icicle Crash, Ice Beam
Lurgy: Toxic
Burninate: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Incinerate
Behave: Nuzzle
Peekaboo: Sucker Punch, Play Rough

Hold up. Isabelle can't attack. She was submitted in a slate based on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, where she attacks all the time. Something here doesn't check out.

Subs later.

G-Luke

Pokémon: Hypno-Shroom (Plants v. Zombies)
Type: Poison / Psychic
Ability: Contrary / Telepathy
Stats: 110 / 60 / 70 / 120 / 130 / 70 | BST: 560
Moves: Hypnosis, Spore, Calm Mind, Psychic, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Psyshock, Acid Spray, Toxic Spikes, Skill Swap, Psycho Shift, Topsy-Turvy, Earth Power, Recover, Stun Spore
Sample Sets:
Hypono-Shroom @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Ability: Contrary
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes / Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Recover
- Psychic
Justification: Hypno-Shroom is a mushroom in PvZ, which forces the zombies to fight for the plants. This hypnotic powers, which can most likely be attributed to a toxin, led me to the Psychic/Poison typing. It uses Spore to cripple threats, or it can set up Toxic Spikes quite easily, racking up damage over time.

Pokémon: Torchwood (Plants v. Zombies)
Type: Fire / Grass
Ability: Wildfire*
*Wildfire: Grass type moves gain a 20% chance to burn and do x1.25 damage
Stats: 90 / 100 / 140 / 90 / 80 / 55 | BST: 555
Moves: Fire Blast, Synthesis, Will O Wisp, Lava Plume, Wood Hammer, Sunny Day, Flamethrower, Solar Beam, Flare Blitz, Seed Bomb, Leech Seed, Glare, Fire Lash, Bullet Seed, Burn Up, Giga Drain, Stone Edge, Earthquake
Sample Sets:
Torchwood @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Ability: Wildfire
Relaxed Nature
- Synthesis
- Glare
- Lava Plume
- Bullet Seed / Seed Bomb

Pure Flames (Torchwood) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Ability: Wildfire
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
Justification: Torchwood in PvS turns peas fired by your plants into fireballs that deal double damage to zombies, which explains its ability. Most moves are explanatory, but Glare was added due to its very intense stare that it has. It makes for a potent physical wall, burning stuff with its grass moves or clicking Glare on switchins.

Remember Rev's Chihiro? Remember Danganronpa Hell? Well now some nerd whos bad at words is here to bring more Danganronpa Hell. In the form of a certain hope-obsessed, extremely lucky maniac.
Nagito_Komaeda_Illustration.png

Pokémon: Nagito Komaeda
Type: Fairy/Dark
Ability: Serene Grace (Merciless)
Moves: Arm Thrust, Double Slap, Fury Attack, Triple Kick, Glare, Confuse Ray, Knock Off, Play Rough, Feint Attack, Dark Pulse, Moonblast, Night Slash, Pursuit, Acupressure, Detect, Lucky Chant, Wish, Heal Bell, Recover, Healing Wish, Explosion, Fake Out, Final Gambit, Parting Shot, Roulette*
*Physical Steel-Type move that works similarly to Magnitude, but with 6 levels with even chances. It can be 0 BP, 20 BP, 40 BP, 60 BP, 90 BP, or 120 BP. 100 Accuracy.
Stats: 125/90/65/90/70/101 (541)

Reasoning: Typing is Fairy/Dark. The Fairy typing is based on the subject of his twisted obsession, Hope, which he believes is absolute good, which the fairy type could often represent. The Dark type is from the "twisted obsession" part, and its extreme levels leading to questionable actions. Serene Grace is a reference to his lucky talent, alongside relating to his cunning and intelligence. Merciless is his willingness to do anything for hope (including kill), along with another loosely luck-related ability. His moveset includes plenty of luck-related moves referencing his talent (including glare and confuse ray, with their parahax and confusionhax), STAB moves (with some possible serene grace shenanigans), and the healing-related moves involving his Hope obsession: him hoping for healing, whether for him or allies. Especially Healing Wish can reference him wanting to be a stepping stone for hope. Explosion, Final Gambit, Parting Shot, and in a way Fake Out happen to involve a couple fairly big spoilers. If you know the game, you get the references. His signature move Roulette also involves a rather big spoiler, but also fits his luck talent once more. Is a signature move not the same type as the pokemon ok? Even if it hasn't happened before, I still say its probably fine. His stats are mostly average considering he is a human, besides the high HP and 101 speed tier. The high HP pairs with the healing moves and another considerable spoiler.
Explosion & Fake Out: At a point in the game, Nagito sets off a bomb in a building, explaining the Explosion part. He then proceeds to threaten them with a supposed even bigger bomb, big enough to destroy an entire island. As it turns around, the bombs were a fake. Hence Fake Out.
Final Gambit & Parting Shot: Remember his want to be a stepping stone for hope? You could say he did that correctly at the cost of his life. Thus, his death, or final gambit, or parting shot. Healing Wish also sort of relates to this, even if less so.
Roulette: At one point in the game, he plays a game of Russian Roulette with only a 1/6 chance of him living and a 5/6 chance of his death. He lives. Congrats. The Steel Type in it is, of course, the fact it relates to a gun in a way.
High HP: He is one of the last two to die in the game. He manages to live for quite a long while. Along with the healing moves, I feel this is a reasonable enough stat choice.

I probably did awful in the Reasoning, but eh.

Last edited:
Time for some Zerg

Pokémon: Sarah Kerrigan
Type: Psychic / Ground
Ability: Regenerator
Stats: 80 / 105 / 90 / 145 / 100 / 80 | BST: 600
Moves:
Custom Moves:
Kinetic Blast 110 BP Special Psychic-type move, 90% acc.,
Attacking: Earthquake, Earth Power, Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere, Focus Blast,
Status: Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, Swords Dance, Recover, Taunt, Parting Shot
Reasoning: Sarah Kerrigan, one of the main characters of the Starcraft series. Previously a special ops agent with "psionic" ( basically psychic ) powers, she was captured by the Zerg, a "race" of gene-shifting, hive mind-controlled monsters that attack planets and turn them into hives. The Zerg, sensing her abilities, mutated her into a backup hive mind, and in so doing create one of the most powerful entities in the Starcraft lore.

Psychic type references her psionic powers, while Ground reprensents Zerg's affinity with burrowing and the terrain effect "creep". Regeneration is one of her commonly depicted powers, coming back after being killed in missions and regenerating limbs in cutscenes; hence, she gets Regenerator. An offensive stat spread fits the way she tends to play in Starcraft; strong offense and fast regeneration. Kinetic Blast is one of her spells in Heart of the Swarm, and it just does a lot of damage to a single target. Her coverage moves are based on visual similarities between the moves in question and her psionic abilities, as well as common moves for a Psychic type to learn.

Pokémon: Swarm Queen
Type: Psychic / Bug
Ability: Spawn Creep
Spawn Creep - On switchin, changes the terrain to "Creep" for 5 turns ( 8 if a Terrain Extender is held ). Creep raises the speed of Bug types by 50%, and lessens the power of Grass-type moves. Only affects grounded pokemon ( like all terrain ).
Stats: 175 / 105 / 60 / 80 / 75 / 45 | BST: 525
Moves:
Custom Move:
Creep Tumor - Changes the terrain to "Creep" for 5 turns ( 8 if a Terrain Extender is held ).
Attacking: Zen Headbutt, Psychic, Psyshock, Lunge, Drill Run, Earth Power, Bug Buzz,
Status: Wish, Healing Wish, Aromatherapy, Recover, Swords Dance, Taunt
Reasoning: The Swarm Queen is a major support unit for the Zerg in Starcraft II. They are used to produce larvae (more on them below) heal friendly units, and spread a terrain effect called "creep". Creep provides a speed bonus to all Zerg units, in addition to some other effects. It is also a brownish-purple gooey mess that chokes out other live forms on the planet, hence the weakening of Grass moves. Queens are therefore a ubiquitous sight in any Zerg base. Its cleric movepool references its ingame healing abilities. Although Ground type would also make some sense, it gets Psychic type as Queens have psionic powers, and Bug due to Zerg's bug-like nature. Her 175 base HP stat matches her ingame HP stat, and Queens are horribly slow off of creep, hence the low Speed.

Pokémon: Zerg Larvae
Larval Forme
Type: Bug / Ground
Ability: Multiscale | Zerg Carapace (HA)
Zerg Carapace - Raises both defenses by 50% in Creep
Stats: 25 / 10 / 225 / 10 / 225 / 10 | BST: 500
Moves:
Attacking:
Drill Run, Dig, U-turn, X-Scissor, Knock Off, Zen Headbutt, Gunk Shot, Heavy Slam
Reasoning: The Zerg Larvae is actually comically hard to kill in Starcraft II, having only 25 HP but a staggering 10 armor, only hard hitting units can really damage them at all. They also insta-die off of creep, but I didn't really want to mimic that here. Larvae are used to create basically every Zerg unit except for Queens. Thus, it makes sense for it to have many different pokemon formes to morph into; it literally morphs into these things in Starcraft.

Zergling Forme
Custom Move: Zerg Talon - 100 BP Physical Bug-type move; if used by Zerg Larva, transforms into Zergling Forme
Ability: Swarm | Zerg Rush (HA)
Zerg Rush - Bug, Ground and Psychic attacks do 30% more damage when Creep is in effect
Stats: 35 / 125 / 105 / 35 / 80 / 145 | BST: 525
Reasoning: A speed demon that specializes in swarming pretty much any exposed ground units and bringing them down with ( apparently ) a flurry of talons. It too has the same base HP stat as its ingame HP. It has poor coverage against Flying types, but of course the Zergling can't hit air units in Starcraft. Swarm is just a perfect ability for it, and one of these Zerg had to have it.

Hydralisk Forme
Custom Move: Grooved Spines - 90 BP Physical Bug-type move, hits Flying-types for neutral damage, non-contact; if used by Zerg Larva, transforms into Hydralisk Forme
Ability: Long Reach | Zerg Rush (HA)
Stats: 90 / 140 / 65 / 75 / 85 / 95 | BST: 550
Reasoning: The Hydralisk is most known for shooting bony spikes with armor piercing force. In game, it is a glass cannon, so it is here, too. It's capable of hitting air units in the game, hence the custom move for hitting Flying types. Grooved Spines is the name of an ingame range upgrade, but it does describe the projectile they shoot.

Ultralisk Forme
Custom Move: Burrow Charge - 120 BP Physical Ground-type move, 85% acc.; if used by Zerg Larva, transforms into Ultralisk Forme
Ability: Battle Armor | Zerg Rush (HA)
Stats: 250 / 110 / 85 / 40 / 40 / 55 | BST: 600
Reasoning: The Ultralisk is basically a gigantic monster that chews on opponents with its giant mandible-scythe things. It has 500 HP ingame, so in keeping ( somewhat ) with the other formes base HP stats matching their ingame HP stats, this one has 250 base HP. Burrow Charge is an ingame ability that involves burrowing under ground. Battle Armor references the Ultralisks particularly upgradeable armor.

Last edited:
Pokémon: Joker (Persona 5).
Typing: Dark
Abilities: Moxie/Mold Breaker/Persona Change (HA)
Signature Ability: Persona Change- Joker gains a secondary typing based on the type of move he uses. Additionally, the damage of all of his attacks is calculated based on his higher offensive stat. This ability cannot be disabled, removed or copied.
Moves: Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Aeroblast, Psychic, Psyshock, Dark Pulse, Swords Dance, Night Slash, Sucker Punch, Slash, Close Combat, Poison Jab, U-Turn, X-Scissor, Calm Mind, Baton Pass, etc.
Z-Move: Sinful Shell- Dark-type, Physical, 230 BP. Upgraded from Joker's Dark Pulse using Jokerium Z. Super-Effective against Fairy-types. Bypasses all defensive boosts of the foe.
Stats: 70 HP/ 120 Atk/70 Def/120 SpA/70 SpD/140 Spe (BST: 590)
Reasoning: Joker's the leader of the Phantom Thieves of Hearts, a group of youngsters who were wronged by corrupt adults, and head into a strange dimension called the Metaverse to steal the manifestation of their twisted desires, causing them to be wrought with guilt and confess their crimes.

Despite Joker's strong sense of honor, a Dark-type was really the only type that would make sense for Joker, due to, (although limited in what's shown due to being a player insert), having the heart of a rebellious trickster, him being a Phantom Thief, and of course his main Persona, Arsene. However, it's not always going to be his only type, due to his hidden ability.

Joker's two normal abilities are Moxie and Mold Breaker. Moxie due to being shown in cutscenes to be a big show-off, and Mold Breaker due to his rebellious nature. However, his Hidden Ability, Persona Change, is an entirely different beast. You see, in Persona 5, Joker has the power of the Wild Card. This means that, unlike most other characters in the series (In the Post-Persona 2 series, only the heroes of Persona 3 and Persona 4 otherwise have the Wild Card's power as well), Joker can have more than one Persona besides Arsene. This manifests in changing his secondary typing whenever he uses a move (If he uses a Dark-type move like Dark Pulse, it'll instead erase his secondary typing).

Each of the moves he gets that's listed is based on a type of elemental skill in Persona 5: Ice Beam is based on the Bufu line, Thunderbolt is based on the Zio line, Flamethrower is Agi, Aeroblast is Garu, Psychic and Psyshock are Psio and Dark Pulse is Eiha. He also gets buffing skills in Swords Dance and Calm Mind, and Baton Pass is the name of a technique that Joker can perform in Persona 5, so it makes sense he gets it here. The rest of his moves are based on physical (or in the case of Poison Jab, status) moves.

His Z-Move is the signature move of his ultimate Persona who only appears at the very end of Persona 5, Satanael.

Lastly, Joker's stats. Joker's got very high speed naturally (How would he be a Phantom Thief if he wasn't fast and agile?), and his offenses are pretty good too, leaning to Arsene's decent offensive growths, but in turn, his defenses are only average at best. On top of this, since Joker will usually outspeed his foe, Persona Change can be used against him in the event that he switches to a bad type for a given matchup (E.g. trying to Ice Beam a foe only for it to have fire coverage which will promptly melt him).

Pokémon: Richter Belmont (Castlevania: Rondo of Blood.)
Typing: Steel/Fighting
Abilities: Justified/Moxie
Moves: Holy Water*, Vampire Killer*, Cross*, Axe*, Close Combat, etc.
Signature Moves
Holy Water: Water-type, Special, 100 BP, 100 Accuracy, 15 PP. Super effective against Dark-types and Ghost-types. Flying-types are immune. Damage is calculated from Richter's Attack stat. If used by Simon or Richter, they gain STAB on the move, regardless of typing.
Vampire Killer: Steel-type, Physical. 90 BP, 100 Accuracy, 20 PP. Super Effective against Dark-types and Ghost-types.
Cross: Steel-type, Physical, 30 BP, 100 Accuracy, 15 PP. Super effective against Dark-types and Ghost-types. Hits twice.
Axe: Steel-type, Physical, 70 BP, 100 Accuracy, 15 PP. Super effective against Flying-types.
Z-Moves
Hydro Storm: Water-type, Special, 240 BP. Upgraded from Richter's Holy Water using Itemcrashium Z. Super effective against Dark-types and Ghost-types. Damages both opponents in a double battle. Damage is calculated from Richter's attack stat. Richter always gains STAB on the move, regardless of typing.
Axe Sweep: Steel-type, Physical, 200 PP. Upgraded from Axe using Itemcrashium Z. Super effective against Flying-types. Breaks screens.
Grand Cross: Steel-type, Special, 190 BP. Upgraded from Cross using Itemcrashium Z. Super effective against Dark-types and Ghost-types. Not resisted by Steel-types. Bypasses Substitutes. Damage is calculated from Richter's Attack stat.
Flame Whip: Vampire Killer: Steel-type, Physical, 230 BP. Upgraded from Vampire Killer using Itemcrashium Z. Deals either Steel-type or Fire-type damage, whichever would do more damage. Super effective against Dark-types and Ghost-types.
Stats: 90 HP/130 Atk/90 Def/70 SpA/80 SpD/110 Spe (BST: 570).
Reasoning: Richter Belmont is a descendant of Simon Belmont who battled Dracula in the year 1792, during the events of Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. He later appears Symphony of the Night, which takes place 5 years later. Richter is said to be one of the most powerful Belmonts, hence his good overall stats except for special attack, and one of the only ones to be able to use Item Crashes (Which, in this case, take on the form of Z-Moves, naturally). His abilities are self-explanatory.

Richter's listed moves aside from Close Combat are based on the weapons he uses in the Castlevania series, and to be more specific, the ones that appeared in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The Cross, Holy Water and Vampire Killer are all effective weapons against the forces of darkness, so it seemed fitting to make them super-effective on Dark and Ghost-types. The Holy Water is ineffective against flying foes except when used for his Item Crash, so they're immune to the otherwise devastating attack. Also, the Holy Water is a weapon Richter uses, so despite its nature of leaving holy fire where it strikes, it actually does damage based on Richter's attack, as it's not magic. The Cross acts as a boomerang, coming back for a second hit, allowing Richter a way to bypass subs. The Axe, on the other hand, is designed to defeat flying foes due to its arcing movement, so it's naturally super-effective on flying types. As for his famous Vampire Killer, it's a basic weapon that's simple to use.

His Z-Moves are his Item Crashes for each item. The Flame Whip is one you may not have heard of, but if Richter tries to use an Item Crash without a subweapon equipped, he'll use the Flame Whip, which has a pretty self-explanatory effect.

Hydro Storm is his Item Crash for use with the Holy Water. It's a full-screen move that causes a massive rainstorm of Holy Water, hence why it hits both opponents in a double battle. It's also known for being the most powerful Item Crash, hence why it has the highest power, but no special effect.

In order to ensure that the other Item Crashes aren't overshadowed by Hydro Storm, I've given them other utility effects. Axe Sweep blasts clean through screens, and Grand Cross bypasses substitutes.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled Touhou Project submissions.

Pokémon: Cirno (Touhou Koumakyou ~ Embodiment of Scarlet Devil)
Type: Ice/Fairy (obviously)
Abilities: Snow Warning/Levitate/Freeze Atmosphere (HA)
Signature Ability: Freeze Atmosphere - Upon switching in, turns the Terrain into Frozen Terrain until the terrain is changed or removed. Frozen Terrain reduces the speed of all grounded non-Ice Type Pokemon by half and boosts the power of Ice-Type moves by 50%, while weakening the power of Fire-type moves by 50%. Nature Power becomes Ice Beam in Frozen Terrain.
Moves: Icicle Fall*, Ice Beam, Icicle Crash, Play Rough, Dazzling Gleam, Freeze-Dry, Blizzard, Hail, Aurora Veil, Glaciate, pretty much every Ice-Type move, Energy Ball, Nature Power.
Signature Move: Icicle Fall- Base 99 Power, 99 Accuracy, Ice-Type, 29 PP, Special. Calculated from Cirno's higher attack stat and the target's lower defense stat. 9% chance to Freeze the target. Icium Z turns it into 190BP Subzero Slammer.
Z-Move: Perfect Freeze- Base 199 power, Ice-Type, Special. Upgraded from Cirno's/Cirno-Tan's Icicle Fall using Cirnium Z. Calculated using Cirno's higher attack stat and the target's lower defense stat. Sets up permanent Hail. Super Effective against Fire-Types.
Stats: 99 HP/99 Atk/99 Def/99 SpA/99 SpD/99 Spe (BST: 594)

Alternate Form: Tanned Cirno [Cirno-Tan]

Form Change is triggered out of battle by using the item Essence of Four Seasons on Cirno. Using it again will transform Tanned Cirno back into Cirno. She cannot keep moves that can't be learned by the normal form upon reverting.
Ability: Power of Summer (User resists Fire-Type moves, regardless of typing. In the sun, all of Cirno's stats except for HP get a 1.5x increase.)
Base Stats and Typing remain unchanged.
New Moves: Solarbeam, Sunny Day, Petal Dance, Air Slash.
Signature Z-Move: Cold Sunflower- Base 199 Power, Special. Upgraded from Cirno-Tan's Icicle Fall using Tancirnium Z. Calculated using Cirno's Higher Attack Stat and the enemy's lower defense stat. Sets up permanent Sunny Day. 10% chance to Freeze or Burn the enemy.

Reasoning: Meet THE STRONGEST fairy, Cirno. She's an Ice Fairy (obvious typing is obvious). Her stats and the base power of her signature moves are a reference to the "Nine-ball" meme. Hence her Base Stats are all nines. Still, she is a lot stronger than her species would suggest and can actually threaten others, so Cirno's stats are decent all around, with Base 99 in all stats. Where Cirno excels however is in battlefield manipulation through her abilities and moves, including a signature terrain, which helps Ice-Types outspeed threats. Cirno can attack fine on both ends of the spectrum, although she's better on the Special end of the Spectrum. Her signature move is Icicle Fall, named after the famous move from EoSD, which is most known for its glaring safe spot on Easy Difficulty. It's tougher on Normal and above, though. It upgrades into Perfect Freeze, her ACTUAL signature move. The reason Perfect Freeze is super effective against Fire-Types is because Cirno can actually freeze flames solid with it in Fairy Wars. Most of her moves are self-explanatory, although Nature Power and Energy Ball are due to the fact that Cirno, being a fairy, is an embodiment of an aspect of nature, thus allowing her to draw upon Nature's power. She functions best in a Hailstorm, however, so you'll need to keep that up. Luckily, timing her Z-Move well will allow her to have a permanent hailstorm going. Snow Warning is because she's associated with Ice and Snowy weather in Hisoutensoku, and Levitate because it's Touhou Project and every notable character in that series can fly.

Her alternate form, Cirno-Tan, or Tanned Cirno, is based on her appearance in Hidden Star in Four Seasons, where she was empowered with the essence of Summer. Since she uses the Essence of Four Seasons item to transform, she also gains moves akin to the Sub-Seasons in HSiFS in Air Slash and Petal Dance. However, Cirno-Tan's most notable aspect is her ability. It may seem paradoxical for an Ice-Type to be designed around functioning in the sun, where Fire-Types run rampant, but with Cirno-Tan being boosted by Summer's power, she gains a great increase in power under the sun, which makes up for her type not being good in that weather normally, and she can set up permanent Sun through her Z-Move, Cold Sunflower, which is named after her Bomb from Hidden Star in Four Seasons. She CAN still use Perfect Freeze in her tanned form, but she cannot use Cold Sunflower in her Normal Form. She also resists Fire-type moves, having overcome her weakness to heat.

However, Cirno's stats are only average at best regardless of form, given how, while she is strong for her kind, she is not particularly strong by Gensokyo's standards. She NEEDS to get her gimmicks going in order to succeed. When she has her gimmicks up, she is a devastating force that can be very hard to stop. Without it though, she's fairly easy to bring down.

"When it comes to me, I'm the strongest!" (Regular Cirno set)
Cirno@Cirnium Z
Modest/Timid Nature
EVs: 252 Spe/252 SpA/252 Spd
Ability: Freeze Atmosphere
-Icicle Fall
-Dazzling Gleam
-Energy Ball
-Filler
Filler=Aurora Veil/Freeze-Dry/Glaciate/Icy Wind/Nature Power/Hail

"This atmosphere... it smells of war!" (Tanned Cirno set)
Cirno-Tan@TanCirniumZ
Modest/Timid Nature
EVs: 252 Spe/252 SpA/252 SpD
Ability: Power of Summer
-Icicle Fall
-Solar Beam
-Dazzling Gleam
-Filler
Filler=Petal Dance/Energy Ball/Air Slash/Freeze-Dry/Glaciate/Icy Wind

Pokémon : Marisa Kirisame (Touhou Fuumaroku ~ Story of Eastern Wonderland).
Abilities: Levitate / Magician / Speed Boost (HA).
Signature Item: Mini Hakkero- When held by Marisa, boosts the power of Marisa's off-type moves by 50% (So basically everything BUT normal-type moves [and Ice-types for the alternate form] get the boost). Also acts as a unique Z-Crystal for Marisa, and thus cannot be removed from Marisa.
Moves: Master Spark*/Master Spark Frozen*, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Draco Meteor, Dazzling Gleam, Nasty Plot, Agility, Thief, Dark Pulse, Tri-Attack, Swift, etc.
Signature Move: Master Spark- Normal-Type, Base 100 Power, 100 Accuracy, Special. 10 PP. Can damage Ghost-types.
Master Spark Frozen- Ice-Type, Base 100 Power, 100 Accuracy, Special. 10 PP. 20% chance to freeze the target.
Signature Z-Moves:
Final Spark - Upgraded from Master Spark or Master Spark Frozen with Mini-Hakkero. Inherits the typing of the move it upgrades from (So Normal if Master Spark, Ice if Master Spark Frozen), Special, Base 210 Power. Can damage Ghost-types. Hits both targets in a Double Battle. If upgraded from Master Spark Frozen, 40% chance to freeze the target.

Blazing Star -Upgraded from Master Spark or Master Spark Frozen with Mini-Hakkero. Inherits the type of the move it upgrades from (Normal if Master Spark, Ice if Master Spark Frozen), Special, Base 190 Power. Can damage Ghost-types. Hits the target's Defense. If upgraded from Master Spark Frozen, has a 100% chance to lower the foe's speed upon hitting.

Stats: 80 HP/70 Atk/50 Def/130 SpA/70 SpD/130 Spe (BST: 530).
Alternate Form: Marisa-Winter (Toggled by using the Essence of Four Seasons on Marisa out of battle. Can be reverted through using Essence of Four Seasons on Marisa-Winter out of battle. When switching from Marisa to Marisa-Winter, if Marisa knows Master Spark, it will be replaced with Master Spark Frozen, and vice-versa.)
Typing changes to Normal/Ice.
Stats and abilities remain unchanged.
Reasoning: Here we have Marisa Kirisame, the deuteragonist of the Touhou Project series, having been around since the second game in the series. Compared to the original slate, This Marisa leans more from more recent games in the series, like Hidden Star in Four Seasons. Marisa is often associated with magic, and her title is the Ordinary Magician, so it seemed fitting to make Marisa a Normal-type. But to get the most out of her coverage, Marisa has a signature item in the Mini Hakkero, which boosts her non Normal-type attacks by 50%, essentially giving them STAB too. Unlike Protean however, she does not change type. Her signature move is quite obviously her freaking huge magical laser, the Master Spark, which serves as her primary STAB move. It even works on ghosts in the series, so Ghost-types will be in for a big surprise if they think they're safe against Marisa lacking Dark Pulse, as Master Spark will blast them anyway. Only Rock- and Steel-types are safe. Her other main moves are based on attacks she uses through the series. Marisa's Hakkero has shown to have the ability to expel flames and frost as some of her shot-types, and it is a reactor, so she does get the holy trinity of Flamethrower, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam to her name. Draco Meteor is based on her star-based attacks (And one of her moves even has a nearly identical name), are Swift and Dazzling Gleam. Dark Pulse is based on when her Mini Hakkero got possessed in Double-Dealing Character, and the spell card, Bewitched Weapon "Dark Spark" (Which is yet another Master Spark variant). Marisa's abilities are all self-explanatory.

Marisa's alternate form, Marisa-Winter, takes cues from Hidden Star in Four Seasons, where Marisa is infused with the power of Winter, giving her attacks an icy aftertouch. This affords Marisa a secondary Ice-typing and turns her Master Spark into Master Spark Frozen, which instead has a chance to freeze. Both the regular and Frozen variants of the Master Spark can be upgraded into one of two Z-Moves using the Mini Hakkero in place of a Z-Crystal. Final Spark is based off of her Last Spell in Imperishable Night, and is just a supercharged Master Spark. Blazing Star, on the other hand, is based on her Last Word from the same game, which later becomes a recurring spell card throughout the series, and involves her using a Master Spark as propulsion to ram into the enemy, hence a Psyshock-esque effect. The Z-Moves change type (and possibly effects) depending on which version of Master Spark is upgraded- the Normal-type versions can hit Ghost-types just like the base move, the Ice-type versions instead either reduce speed or have a chance to freeze the target solid.

Marisa's stats are fairly self-explanatory: She's a fast specially offensive glass cannon, just like in her home series.

Some example sets:

"Danmaku is all about Firepower!" (Standard Marisa set)
Marisa@Mini Hakkero
Modest/Timid Nature
Ability: Levitate/Speed Boost
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
-Master Spark
-Coverage
-Coverage
-Coverage
Coverage=Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Draco Meteor, Dark Pulse, Dazzling Gleam

"It's so cold over where I live that it's snowing! It's practically winter! Seriously, what's going on?" (Standard Marisa-Winter set)
Marisa-Winter@Mini Hakkero
Modest/Timid Nature
Ability: Levitate/Speed Boost
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
Modest/Timid Nature
-Master Spark Frozen
-Coverage
-Coverage
-Coverage
Coverage=Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Draco Meteor, Dark Pulse, Dazzling Gleam, Tri-Attack.

Pokémon: Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Reiiden ~ Highly Responsive to Prayers)
Type: Fighting/Flying
Abilities: Cloud Nine/Own Tempo/Mysterious Flying Shrine Maiden (HA)
Signature Ability: Mysterious Flying Shrine Maiden- Removes the weaknesses associated with the Flying-type from the user. Moves that cannot miss (EXCEPT Z-Moves) gain a 50% increase in damage.
Moves: Swift, Feint Attack, Magical Leaf, Fantasy Seal*, Aura Sphere, Smart Strike, Play Rough, Detect, Outrage, Trash, Close Combat, Petal Dance, Slack Off, etc.
Signature Moves: Fantasy Seal- Flying-type, 60 BP, Special, 20 PP. Cannot miss. Super-effective on Dark-Types. Calculated from Reimu's higher offensive stat.
Signature Z-Move: Fantasy Nature. Flying-Type, Special. Upgrades from Reimu's Fantasy Seal with Hakureinium Z. 250 BP. Does neutral damage to the foe, regardless of typing (Cannot deal Super-effective or not very effect damage). Ignores abilities. This move is a two-turn move: On the first, Reimu enters an invulnerable state, and on the second, Reimu attacks, leaving the invulnerable state. Damage is calculated from Reimu's higher offensive stat.
Stats: 100 HP/100 Atk/100 Def/100 SpA/100 SpD/100 Spe (BST: 600)
Reasoning: Reimu Hakurei, the Shrine Maiden of Paradise, is the main character of the Touhou Project series.

One of Reimu's titles (And a spell card of hers is named after this) is the Mysterious Flying Shrine Maiden, and she's shown no trouble in handling the normal Flying-type weaknesses, so the ability itself manifests as a version of Delta Stream that is restricted only to Reimu herself. In addition, this ability also gives Reimu a 50% bonus damage on all moves that cannot miss with the exception of Z-Moves, referencing the fact that she always has the homing shot type. Speaking of typing, Reimu was a tough one to pin down at first, but eventually I came to Flying/Fighting. Flying because of the same reasons as her ability, and Fighting because in the fighting games, her moveset prominently includes usage of martial arts. Reimu's other abilities are a reference to her personality and distinct way of thinking from others in Gensokyo, and the weather she is associated with in Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, the Sunny weather (While it's translated as Sunny, its kanji's more literal translation is Pleasant Weather), so she can either avoid confusion or keep weather effects off the field. While Reimu's typing is bolstered by Mysterious Flying Shrine Maiden, removing the Flying-type associated weaknesses still doesn't give her all that great a defensive typing, as she only resists Bug, Fighting, Grass, Rock and Ground-type moves, and is weak to Psychic, Flying and Fairy-type moves (Fairies are always pranking her, after all).

Reimu's stats are because she's always the jack of all trades, master of none in any game she appears in: Her stats are 100 base across the board, not lacking nor excelling in any one area.

Her moveset typically revolves around her style of using homing attacks, like her trademark homing amulets. Moves like Aura Sphere, Smart Strike are all part of keeping in with this, along with Reimu's signature move, Fantasy Seal. It's a technique that forcibly seals the target away, and works extremely well on youkai, hence why it's super-effective against Dark-types. It is of course based on her most common spell card throughout the series, appearing in almost every game in some form since Embodiment of Scarlet Devil. Other moves like Close Combat, Detect and Play Rough are from her appearances in Fighting Games and Print Works, or in the case of Detect, based on Reimu's keen intuition. Outrage and Slack Off are based on two facets of Reimu's personality: She's quick to anger if offended (And in fanon, oftentimes gets depicted as going on a rampage due to lack of donations), but she's also very lazy when it comes to things that not her duties. Petal Dance and Magical Leaf are the obligatory Hidden Star in Four Seasons reference, based on Reimu being infused with the power of Spring, though she doesn't get any extra form or a variant of Fantasy Seal from it.

Her signature Z-Move, Fantasy Nature, is based on her Last Word in Imperishable Night and Hopeless Masquerade. It was difficult to balance this one given how utterly broken the ability is in the actual series' canon, so this was the best I could come up with: It's a two-turn move akin to something like Shadow Force or Phantom Force. With Reimu's ultimate manifestation of her natural powers, she ignores weaknesses, resistances and abilities, and cannot be hurt during the charge turn by anything. However, due to the charge turn, it can be fairly easy to prepare for Fantasy Nature so long as you're careful, and another Semi-Invulnerable move will beat Fantasy Nature out. Still, it is an IMMENSELY powerful nuke, and if you don't have a defensive measure prepared, you're probably going to lose something, as even coming off of a meager base 100 SpA, a base 250 STAB hurts a great deal.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)