Project USM OU Teambuilding Competition - Tapu Koko

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone! i have an announcement to make! to save some time with the voting stage and to provide a fairer result of the winning team. i’ve decided to compile a judging panel with notable contributors to the ou tier to combat potential bias and bandwagoning in the standard public vote. we’re not calling anyone out, but we just recently realized how easy it is to manipulate the voting system and ask for friends to vote for teams, and when there’s such a small voting poll, this can be a bit of a problem. this move strives to reduce bias, so if you’d want me to explain why i picked any of the members of the current judging panel i’ll gladly do so! also if any of the members decide to submit a team, they’ll obviously be unable to vote for themselves, but free to abstain to vote if they so wish. i hope everyone can understand this decision and i promise we’ll avoid any bias when selecting the winners. for any concerns with this format, feel absolutely free to pm me or dm me. that’s all, have a nice day everyone!

btw, the voting panel consists of the following users:

Last edited by a moderator:

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Glare

Zygod (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 236 HP / 160 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Coil
- Glare

Heatran @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 16 HP / 216 SpA / 28 SpD / 248 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
- Synthesis
Glare spam team. Serp and Zyg are my Glarers, M-Cross is main Glare abuser and stallbreaker, Heatran is rocker and another stallbreaker as well as Glare abuser, Zap is Defogger and another paralysis spreader thanks to Static+Discharge, Bulu checks the likes of Ash-Gren and M-Zam, punches some holes, and abuses Glare. Grassy Terrain also boosts Serp's Leaf Storm.

Last edited:
Steelium Zyg & MMawile.

https://pokepast.es/c77fd735827494c0

● Zygarde is a complete mon where you can stand out with different set. I like that he left for this occasion. Well, it does not have much explanation, it's his DD offensive set but with Steelium and Iron Tail for the fairies although mainly for Bulu. Mawile is my mon not favorite legend and creates an interesting and effective nucleus with Zygod. Taking into account the team the SD set goes well here without variants. They cover each other well. Gastrodon came out to protect a little from the rain match up and to have an answer to Greninja which can be a problem. As a touch of innovation takes Mirror Coat that you can try Curse as the other option. Heatran is my only viable SR user and for this to be more balanced I have introduced his defensive set so he can hold on better. With Bulu AV here I already have the basic core of types and perfect covers the previous one. Thanks to its ability it protects from ground spam. Last but most important is TornadusT with Defog to avoid suffering from Hazards as SR or Spikes.

This team is based around Sub DD Protect Zygarde. This is taken advantage of by Toxpaex's Toxic Spikes, which make normal switch-ins like Tapu Bulu, Tangrowth, Hippowdon, and Mew not want to come in without clearing the Toxic Spikes (the only things that can clear TSpikes without losing to them or Zygarde are Gliscor, Scizor, and Landorus), thus giving great setup. It's also the main switch-in to Heatran. Heatran is here to pressure stall, which would beat me otherwise as well as provide an offensive measure to Mega Scizor, who's one of the few things that can come in on Zygarde even with Toxic Spikes up. It also sets up rocks, which are required on every team. Toxapex is here to beat things like Ash-Greninja, Volcarona, and set up Toxic Spikes, the key to Zygarde's success as well as remove them for Zygarde. It also gives a defensive switch-in to Mega Scizor. Tangrowth forms a dual regen core that gives a switch-in to Zygarde and helps Toxpaex not get overwhelmed by Ash Greninja. It has sludge bomb cause Heatran can't always come in and Toxic Spikes may not be up. Ash Greninja supplies priority as well as a way to pressure offense via spikes, it also benefits from the Toxic Spikes. It also gives the team some much needed natural speed. Landorus is here as a scarfer and defogger who also acts as a glue. It enjoys Toxic Spikes on the other side of the field so things like Bulu can't constantly come in.

Import: https://pokepast.es/d8be9319f4f03844

Last edited:

Basically this is a Sticky Web team built around Mega Pinsir and Zygarde. Mega Pinsir can take out the bulky Grass types that wall Zygarde like Tapu Bulu and Mega Venusaur, while Zygarde can take out the Flying and Electric types that wall Pinsir, like Skarmory, Celesteela, Zapdos and Rotom-W. Araquanid is the web setter, having enough speed to outrun uninvested Chansey with max Attack and the rest of the EVs in HP and SpD for bulk, so it can check Ash-Greninja. As Pinsir needs Stealth Rock gone, Excadrill provides good role compression. Toxic is used over Iron Head as it cripples Zapdos, and Mega Sableye, bypassing Magic Bounce thanks to Mold Breaker. Next is Mega Pinsir - nothing to say about it really, same set it has always ran. I went with Earthquake over Close Combat as that lets it hit Toxapex, Mega Mawile, and Assault Vest Magearna. Calm Mind Tapu Lele is a very strong wallbreaker, as at +1 it can 2HKO Chansey with Psyshock. Shattered Psyche pretty much obliterates anything that doesn't resist it after a Calm Mind or 2. Next we have Specs Ash-Greninja - pretty self explanatory set. As for Zygarde, I decided to use the Sub Glare set on recommendation, as it can slow down airborne Pokemon and it's nice to have a failsafe in case I don't get Sticky Web up. The EVs give enough speed to outrun Timid Heatran, a Leftovers number in HP and the rest in Special Defence. As I'm boosting Attack and Defence with Coil, they don't need investment.

Araquanid @ Splash Plate
Adamant Nature
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 68 Spe
- Sticky Web
- Leech Life
- Liquidation
- Magic Coat

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake

Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes

Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 160 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Glare

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Glare
- Synthesis
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Fleur Cannon

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Blacephalon @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Website is down so no images.
So I'm highly against the idea of having a panel vote rather than the masses especially for something that's for fun like this, half of it is literally voting and you're just removing it-I just don't see asking friends to vote as an issue at all, and it doesn't seem to be a common issue anyway.
Would like the voting aspect to be back,

So I'm highly against the idea of having a panel vote rather than the masses especially for something that's for fun like this, half of it is literally voting and you're just removing it-I just don't see asking friends to vote as an issue at all, and it doesn't seem to be a common issue anyway.
Would like the voting aspect to be back,
I understand your concerns, I’d have liked to keep public voting too, but I really want to strive for the better teams to get picked. Think of this in a similar fashion to how the VR is composed by a ranking council, for example, and the VR wouldn’t be quite as accurate if rises and drops were decided by public voting. I want this to act as a resource for people to take some teams from the OP so the goal here is really to strive for the best quality possible. Hope you understand my concerns :)

—————————
Anyway, sorry for all the time I took to complete this voting phase, it was all my bad, but now my exams are over so hopefully this thread will be in full steam once again! The votes were tallied as follows:
A:
B:
C: •••••••••
D:
E:
Congratulations to VerlisifySetsSuck for winning with Team C. Onto the next round:

:Round 43:
Kyurem

Kyurem has been gaining some traction recently as a terrifying Pressure user, capable of literally pressuring several unprepared teams. With Mamoswine coverage and Metronome steadily boosting its moves or even an Icium Z to slam a plethora of threats it’s clear to see Kyurem’s power, but will you be able to utilize it to its fullest potential?​

ithrowrocksatkids

Banned deucer.
kyurem.gif
magnezone.gif
diancie-mega.gif
tornadus-therian.gif
gliscor.gif
tapu_bulu.gif

Overall the team has a lot of solid breakers. I decided to go kyu+zone+mdiancie as the core because both diancie and kyurem benefit from zones ability to trap mons like msciz and celesteela and Mdiancie usually brings in bulk grasses which allows kyurem to come in easier. On the defensive part of the team, it really relies on more of the offensive focused mons like sd gliscor to check tran and scarf zone for msciz and kart. I decided to go metronome on kyurem because on this build I feel it doesn't really need lefties because you have terrain and roost. And went sd gliscor and fly z torn because both of those also benefit from zone most of this team relies on you trapping the steel type so you have to play zone correctly.

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion

Kyurem @ Metronome
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Earth Power
- Roost

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Fleur Cannon
- Focus Blast

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 244 Atk / 68 Def / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stone Edge
The team aims to weaken opponent with Kyu and M-Ttar and open a path to sweep for Gear. Zap gives team a crucial Defog, checks the likes of Kart and M-Sciz and forms a double Pressure core with Kyu which is really annoying for stall. Pex completes team's defensive backbone alongside Zap. M-Ttar is breaker and rocker. Lando is my form of Speed control and a Ground.

Kyurem | Z Belly Azu.

https://pokepast.es/c76ce1936ed286ff

Kyurem ->
Kyurem is undoubtedly one of my mon favorites of the dragon type. It has a unique design. I honestly like that he is the one chosen here.

Well, as I mentioned, he is the one chosen for this round. The set I have included is LO SubRoost so it is not so passive. This way I can cover myself with all status and hit hard. In addition to fitting well vs Waters / Electric & Grass. It has its weak points but good resistances

Azumarill -> It is the turn of Azumarill, one of the fairies with more power thanks to her ability. It protects me from fighting type or having coverage. There are also other examples like Bliss / Chansey or Ttar. The bad thing is when it is canceled before Mon as MVenu or Lele.

Blacephalon -> Blacephalon to cover the Grass type to the previous one and is immune to Fighting thanks to its double type. It does not have much elaboration. HP Ice is a good choice for Lando or Zyg. Another is HP Grass for Swampert or Gastrodon. In the end I decided on Knock Off for Chansey among others.

Gyarados -> Gyarados is one of my mega favorites and I love the core that he creates with Blacephalon. Taunt is a good option to cancel mon liabilities and cover status Wow / Twave. I found EQ more useful instead to hit things like RotomW. But maybe Taunt is something better.

Ferrothorn -> This is another interesting core. Ferrothorn is my SR user and gives support with Leech. It covers my mega of the Electric and Rock (not mega) is my resistance to dragon spam and response to the Rain. A very good option can be HP Fire for Kartana since it is a mon that can give problems.

Landorus T -> Finally this has no more mystery. A very used mon as it is useful and complete in any role. It's the Defoger with Sludge for Bulu since I consider it a threat to the team. And as an effective response and surprise factor is a good idea. The Double Intimidate with Gyarados can give a lot of play.

DragMagx2

Hail Hitler (Kyurem) @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 228 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Roost

CIA (Magnezone) @ Steelium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mussolini (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Vietnam (Toxapex) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Baneful Bunker
- Haze

China (Mawile) @ Mawilite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Israel (Latios) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Roost
- Defog

I used this during the summer before I got warned about getting banned from PS for my nicknames lol. But I had decent success, pretty much Kyurem coverage hits most balance teams (zapdos, Lando, Toxapex, Tangrowth) and can put a sub against some offense teams creating a lot of pressure (pun intended). Pair it up with toxic spikes and it beats Chansey and stuff. Double Dragon double Steel cause Clefable can be an issue, kinda wish I had rocks somewhere else but at the same time it makes it easier to set up rocks against stall. Threat to this team was scarf/flame charge Blacephalon and a well played Ash Greninja, other than that the team performs well against most archetypes. Against HO (sash lead, 4 sweepers + scarfer) prioritize rocks and try to get a sub up with Kyurem. Against balance this is where the team excels, Kyurem + Zone destroys most cores. My favorite is against TR teams, you sub up turn 1, then keep subbing until trick room wears out, Uxie can't touch you or use Memento behind a sub. Also TR abusers hate Toxapex. Against stall it gets tricky but Mawile + Kyurem are your best bets.

You don't need max speed like the analysis says or like all the teams posted are using. My EVs let you outspeed Jolly Lando the rest goes to make your HP odd. Only thing that you gain from more speed EVs is outspeeding Jolly Krookodile lol or tying the ultra super common max speed positive Kyurem B

Last edited:

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpA
Bold Nature
- Heat Wave
- Discharge
- Roost
- Defog

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Keldeo-Resolute @ Waterium Z
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

This is more of a mega Gyarados team than a Kyurem team tbh.

Gyarados is the main sweeper, it sets DD up on something that can't easily kill it or status it, and that doesn't expect double coverage. Crunch isn't the best for Gyara currently due to its relatively shabby coverage, so it's double coverage time.
Lele cleans out faster non-scarfed attackers and priority users easily due to its power (even with scarf) and Psychic Terrain. It can deal with some things Gyara may have difficulty.
Zapdos is the resident clearer, and it handles things like Skarmory, Scizor and Ferrothorn quite nicely.
Ferrothorn can take most special attackers, even some wit HP Fir, due to its bulk.
Kyurem here can sub and dispose of the likes of Lando, Zygarde, etc. behind a sub, and even stall out the likes of Chansey and Sableye if absolutely necessary.
Lastly, Keldeo can halt some nasty surprises with Taunt, blow somehing away with Z-pump, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)