Gen 3 Headhunters OU RMT

Headhunters

A spikes offense I build a couple days ago.

The Lead:

Watermelon Man (Cloyster) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 36 SpA / 188 SpD / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Spikes
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Explosion

It's a spiker with boom that isn't trapped by magneton. Gets easy spikes early and can pressure some mons. Don't expect it to last for 50+ turns, it isn't Skarmory. Time your boom well and you will be rewarded.

The obligatory Asset to any Spikes Team:

In a Silent Way (Gengar) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 76 SpD / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Blocks spin, coverage helps weaken typical Aero checks. The Speed investment let's you outpace other gengars that are ev'ed to outspeed +Speed base 100s. Maximum special attack to abuse the coverage moves even more.

The Cleaner:

Bitches Brew (Aerodactyl) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]

I don't have to explain to any one what this does. I prefer it over all the other cleaners in advanced because it is spikes immune and the fact that it's most common counter has a very abusable weakness to grass.

The Pivot:

Master of Puppets (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 92 SpA / 28 SpD
Bold Nature
- Perish Song
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Recover

It can switch into zapdos which is very useful for this team. Can eat both special and physical hits. Perish song puts Blissey on a timer and generates momentum if you sucessfully predict the turn on which they gonna switch. It also can help against a bulky cune that got a little too many calm minds off. I'm not sure if leech seed wouldn't be better since perish song only has 8 pp which sucks. Looking at this sets potential now I see that it would be hella fun to make a team with this and duggy to fuck over blissey or trap whatever is coming in hoping to avoid the perish song. Anyway, I'm getting off topic.

Anti-DDtar Undergarments:

Peace Sells (Swampert) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 84 SpA / 32 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Every team needs a rock resist. I'm lazy so I picked the average pert. Does what it needs to do, though you should watch out for hp grass and scout or else you might lose to DDtar or even Aero later on. Spikes hurt so much if you don't have a move like softboiled( Why cant rock resists be like blissey or celebi?). Try to only take the damage you need to take so you don't get worn down too much.

Residual Damage:

Inca Roads (Tyranitar) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 176 HP / 156 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roar
- Rock Slide
- Brick Break
- Taunt

Sand is almost mandatory on any offensively oriented team. This tar is faster than all adamant tar sets so it can remove other ttar with brick break. This is useful since having one less pokemon on the enemy team that can a take an aero rockslide from full and/or trap your gengar with pursuit is very good. I use roar to shuffle the aero checks that tar naturrally lures in which gives me both spikes damage and more importantly knowledge. The last move is taunt which prevents some bulkier mons from becoming annoying and/or setting spikes. Although sometimes I wish I had Earthquake on this set to surprise metagross with the extra speed aswell as getting an higher chance to kill duggy together with spikes since this set is ev'ed to be able to take a jolly duggy eq.

So that's the team, guys. If you find any glaring weaknesses or ways to improve this team let me know.

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Headhunters

A spikes offense I build a couple days ago.

The Lead:

Watermelon Man (Cloyster) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 36 SpA / 188 SpD / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Spikes
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Explosion

It's a spiker with boom that isn't trapped by magneton. Gets easy spikes early and can pressure some mons. Don't expect it to last for 50+ turns, it isn't Skarmory. Time your boom well and you will be rewarded.

The obligatory Asset to any Spikes Team:

EVs: 252 SpA / 76 SpD / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Blocks spin, coverage helps weaken typical Aero checks. The Speed investment let's you outpace other gengars that are ev'ed to outspeed +Speed base 100s. Maximum special attack to abuse the coverage moves even more.

The Cleaner:

Bitches Brew (Aerodactyl) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]

I don't have to explain to any one what this does. I prefer it over all the other cleaners in advanced because it is spikes immune and the fact that it's most common counter has a very abusable weakness to grass.

The Pivot:

Master of Puppets (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 92 SpA / 28 SpD
Bold Nature
- Perish Song
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Recover

It can switch into zapdos which is very useful for this team. Can eat both special and physical hits. Perish song puts Blissey on a timer and generates momentum if you sucessfully predict the turn on which they gonna switch. It also can help against a bulky cune that got a little too many calm minds off. I'm not sure if leech seed wouldn't be better since perish song only has 8 pp which sucks. Looking at this sets potential now I see that it would be hella fun to make a team with this and duggy to fuck over blissey or trap whatever is coming in hoping to avoid the perish song. Anyway, I'm getting off topic.

Anti-DDtar Undergarments:

Peace Sells (Swampert) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 84 SpA / 32 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Every team needs a rock resist. I'm lazy so I picked the average pert. Does what it needs to do, though you should watch out for hp grass and scout or else you might lose to DDtar or even Aero later on. Spikes hurt so much if you don't have a move like softboiled( Why cant rock resists be like blissey or celebi?). Try to only take the damage you need to take so you don't get worn down too much.

Residual Damage:

Inca Roads (Tyranitar) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 176 HP / 156 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roar
- Rock Slide
- Brick Break
- Taunt

Sand is almost mandatory on any offensively oriented team. This tar is faster than all adamant tar sets so it can remove other ttar with brick break. This is useful since having one less pokemon on the enemy team that can a take an aero rockslide from full and/or trap your gengar with pursuit is very good. I use roar to shuffle the aero checks that tar naturrally lures in which gives me both spikes damage and more importantly knowledge. The last move is taunt which prevents some bulkier mons from becoming annoying and/or setting spikes. Although sometimes I wish I had Earthquake on this set to surprise metagross with the extra speed aswell as getting an higher chance to kill duggy together with spikes since this set is ev'ed to be able to take a jolly duggy eq.

So that's the team, guys. If you find any glaring weaknesses or ways to improve this team let me know.
Hi there Berlin Arcanine, good to see a gen 3 team here.

There are some changes I would make to the team, however.
The first change that I would make is to the Gengar set.
I would give it Will-o-Wisp and Explosion. The team has a lot of troubles with the Skarm-Bliss core, and I think that this Gengar set would let you blow away Bliss while pressuring Skarm.
EVs: 180 HP / 28 Atk / 100 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Explosion

The next change I would make is to Tyranitar. I would give it Earthquake over Taunt. I understand that this is how you shut down Skarmory, but I think that CM Jirachi poses such a threat that you need to be able to deal with it better than just by Roaring it out. If you really want Taunt, you could just get rid of Roar instead. You will be able to force quite a few switches anyway if you Taunt switch ins/

I hope you like the changes I made. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Hi there Berlin Arcanine, good to see a gen 3 team here.

There are some changes I would make to the team, however.
The first change that I would make is to the Gengar set.
I would give it Will-o-Wisp and Explosion. The team has a lot of troubles with the Skarm-Bliss core, and I think that this Gengar set would let you blow away Bliss while pressuring Skarm.
EVs: 180 HP / 28 Atk / 100 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Explosion

The next change I would make is to Tyranitar. I would give it Earthquake over Taunt. I understand that this is how you shut down Skarmory, but I think that CM Jirachi poses such a threat that you need to be able to deal with it better than just by Roaring it out. If you really want Taunt, you could just get rid of Roar instead. You will be able to force quite a few switches anyway if you Taunt switch ins/

I hope you like the changes I made. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Thank you very much for your suggestions! I'll try incorporating them. I understand that boom helps against Bliss but why willo-wisp? I doesn't help me against skarm since skarm is going to switch out anyway in fear of the fire punch/tbolt. And hpgrass nails pert which is useful since my cleaner is aero.

Last edited:

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Thank you very much for your suggestions! I'll try incorporating them. I understand that boom helps against Bliss but why willo-wisp? I doesn't help me against skarm since skarm is going to switch out anyway in fear of the fire punch/tbolt. And hpgrass nails pert which is useful since my cleaner is aero.
Will-O-Wisp allows you to burn things which halve their physical attack and damage them by 12% every turn, which is massive. There are very few switch ins to Will-O-Wisp in a game. It's nice in general, but it allows you to pressure Blissey more (kinda) while giving you a way to pressure offensive teams more. Swampert doesn't even appreciate a burn either, as EQ is weakened and it means it loses health every turn.

Will-O-Wisp allows you to burn things which halve their physical attack and damage them by 12% every turn, which is massive. There are very few switch ins to Will-O-Wisp in a game. It's nice in general, but it allows you to pressure Blissey more (kinda) while giving you a way to pressure offensive teams more. Swampert doesn't even appreciate a burn either, as EQ is weakened and it means it loses health every turn.
Thanks for explaining. what nature is the gengar tho? Timid, naive or something else? I also thought about maybe removing brick break from my tar in favor of eq for the reasons you mentionend due to eq hitting other tar hard aswell because I really like keeping taunt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)