Other Metagames [1v1] First RMT

M Y F I R S T R M T
Don't hurt me pls
- Shyom

H e l l o
Welcome to the my First RMT. This team right here has taken me through the ladder and has given me big success. But how did I build this team? I just bullshitted it

T E A M B U I L D I N G P R O C E S S:

First, I started with Victini. It's a pretty good mon overall, having a lot of versatility and can be unpredictable. But due to it's weakness to Water types who are very common in the meta, it sits down in the respectable B tier. But its access to super strong STAB moves like V-Create and Zen Headbutt, and coverage moves like Glaciate and Bolt Strike made me put this little guy on the team. 100 in all of its stats make it adds to its unpredictability and versatility. Slap in it a Choice item of my choice [pun not intended] or a Z-move. Will-o-wisp and Taunt is nice too.

Now who do I put next on the team? [Hoopa] I asked myself. [Just put Hoopa because of Z Detect] And so I tried Hoopa-U

Hoopa-U is a great mon, carrying with it a whopping 160 Attack and 170 Special Attack. Offensively, Hoopa-U is outstanding, carrying with it a very nice movepool. Strong STAB moves like Hyperspace Fury, and Zen Headbutt on the physical side, Psychic, Hyperspace Hole, and Dark Pulse on the special side and very nice coverage moves like Gunk Shot, which covers its Fairy weakness, and Ice Punch to deal with the many Dragon mons in the Meta. It does fall of on the defensive side with a lackluster base 60 Defense, but it still has its 130 base Special Defense paired with its 80 base HP. 80 speed is kinda lacking, but it's good enough.

With several testing, this pair seems good, but why would I play 1v1 with only two mons, besides, it still has a few holes to patch and thus-

Greninja, a great mon. It's access to a lot of coverage moves AND getting STAB because of Protean makes Greninja a mon that can slide in easily with a team. Give a Z-Crystal, or a Choice item, paired with it's great offensive base stats, what else could I say about this frog. So yeah, Gren is in.

Now without further ado, here is the team:

T H E T E A M:

Victini @ Psychium Z
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 96 HP / 212 Def / 200 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Glaciate
- Blue Flare
- Will-O-Wisp​

Special Victini is underrated and is underestimated. Psychic and Blue Flare as STAB moves, and Glaciate deals with any physical variant of Dragonite. But why special? Because nobody expects it to be special, bringing it there physically defensive mons only to realize that the Victini is special. Psychic plus Psychium Z gives it a very strong nuke. Blue Flare and its 130 Base Power threatens Metagross-Mega, and more importantly Magearna who the other two mons cannot handle. Glaciate and the speed drop it provides makes Victini a great answer to physical variants of Dragonite, and it allows to consistently defeat the two variations of Charizard-Mega. Will-o-wisp deserves a spotlight of its own. Even if Victini is not investing in Speed EVs, it still outspeeds a majority of mons with the ability Sturdy [Donphan, Golem, etc.]. With
Will-o-wisp and the Defense EV investments, Victini can survive a Tectonic Rage from a Donphan or a Golem OR a Continental Crush from a Crustle or a Golem. As burn damage breaks sturdy, Victini can then proceed to kill with a Z-move of its own. Victini also consistently beats Lopunny-Mega, flail set or not, without having to rely on Will-o-wisp

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
EVs: 80 HP / 164 Atk / 84 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Hyperspace Fury
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Ok ok, to be frank, I wanted Hoopa-U because Z-Detect got annoying, but even after its ban, Hoopa-U still delivers. Going with the physical set and a Choice Band, Hoopa-U has OHKOed a lot of mons. Beating Tapu Lele and Tapu Fini, rarely Diancee, with Gunk Shot. Demolishing mons who cower with their Protect, mostly mons who use Yawn-Protect sets [i.e. Swampert, Stunfisk, etc.], and those who use Substitute with Hyperspace Fury with its 100 Base Power. Surviving a Hyper Beam from a Scarf Porygon and OHKOing it with Drain Punch. And Ice punch is pretty self-explanatory, beating the hell out of Zygod. There's nothing much to say about Hoopa-U except for it's inability to take physical hits. It's just an All-out-attacker.

Greninja (M) @ Waterium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Steel]

Greninja, a very versatile mon. Hydro Cannon, though I suffer from the recharge turn, slap in a Waterium-Z and I don't have to go through that. Hydro Cannon becomes a devastating 200 Base Power Hydro Vortex that deals with a lot of things, Charizard-Mega [X or Y]. Ice Beam for the many Dragon mons in the Meta. Grass Knot is there for other Water types that I seem to struggle with, Tapu Fini or Primarina, sometimes Gyarados-Mega. HP Steel is specifically designed for handling Dragonites, special or physical variants.

T H E P R O B L E M S O F T H I S T E A M:

G Y A R A D O S

This mon right here is what my team struggles with the most. Despite the decline of Gyarados-Mega usage, if a player has this on his / her team and they know what to do with it, Gyarados can 3-0 my team if the player know what he / she is doing. My best bet to beat this shrimp is with Greninja's Grass Knot, which becomes a fifty-fifty, assuming the Gyarados does or does not mega evolve. I really need help in patching this hole.

C R U S T L E

This mon is a big threat to the team. Hoopa-U stands no chance against this mon, but Greninja and Victini can. But the outcome of the match is decided on the first turn. Let's take Victini and Crustle, If Victini goes for Will-o-wisp and Crustle goes for Continental Crush on the first turn, where Victini outspeeds, then Continental Crush would only do around 60% of damage, burn damage breaking sturdy and Victini kills it with a Z-move of its own. However, if Crustle decides to go Shell Smash, then all hope is lost. Only those who know the set Shell Smash on the first turn, but a loss is a loss. Carrying Taunt would sacrifice the Victini's ability to destroy Sturdy mons like Donphan and Golem. Greninja can do the same with HP Steel turn 1, and finishing off with a Hydro Vortex, but if Crustle goes for the Shell Smash turn 1, then bye bye Greninja. Another major hole of these team

F L I N C H

Don't need much explaining.

C O N C L U S I O N:

This team has a lot of holes in it, but feedback will be highly appreciated.

Thank you for reading my first RMT.

Ok, so 1 thing I can immediately notice is a lack of answers to a special Dragonite. Dragonium Z into Extreme Speed KOs Victini, and due to Multiscale, neither of the other mons can beat it. I don’t exactly know what to propose for this except maybe Blizzard over Ice Beam to KO bulkier Dragonites. That’s all I can see off the top of my head, maybe I’ll ad more later.

Ok, so 1 thing I can immediately notice is a lack of answers to a special Dragonite. Dragonium Z into Extreme Speed KOs Victini, and due to Multiscale, neither of the other mons can beat it. I don’t exactly know what to propose for this except maybe Blizzard over Ice Beam to KO bulkier Dragonites. That’s all I can see off the top of my head, maybe I’ll ad more later.
Actually, Greninja can beat it
Here's a PS Simulation of it
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-844314526

And some numbers
252+ SpA Dragonite Devastating Drake (195 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: 192-227 (67.3 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 51-61 (17.8 - 21.4%) -- possible 5HKO

If the Dragonite is invested in both Special Attack and Attack and/or is more bulky than the one in the simulation, then the Greninja might lose. Otherwise, it should win

Actually, Greninja can beat it
Here's a PS Simulation of it
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-844314526

And some numbers
252+ SpA Dragonite Devastating Drake (195 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: 192-227 (67.3 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 51-61 (17.8 - 21.4%) -- possible 5HKO

If the Dragonite is invested in both Special Attack and Attack and/or is more bulky than the one in the simulation, then the Greninja might lose. Otherwise, it should win
Fair enough, unless the Dragonite predicts the HP steel and goes for Fire Blast / Flamethrower.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)