NOC There's Actually a Sequel to the Matrix - Day 9 (Deadline Tuesday 10 PM EST)

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
hey guys

stop townreading off tone on days where a player doesn't have any partners alive as being a primary read

and stop taking people who are afk for the most important days of the game out of the lynchpool

Asek

Banned deucer.
i could say many things about this game. but i dont really want to

positives being whydon and pidge. whydon when you were active, you played very well. good thoughts. pidge if you had have posted like you did after i got killed before that, i woudlve been much more inclined to put you into townblock over my least confident in it, viper. strong analysis for a first time player

as for the bad what needs to be said really? handwaving away nuxl being in my poe for reasons i NEVER. STATED. WERE. THE. REASON. THEY. WERE. IN. THE. POE. is one of the most painful things ive ever had to read from a deadhcat in my life. some of you need to seriously analyse how you play this game because honestly i thought this was unlosable but somehow the loudest voices managed to be the most wrong and turned what i thought would be my crowning achivement on this site into a game i never want to remember.

not playing for 6 months. will be around the site still and am hosting the next game. cyou in firebot

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
on the plus side town has gotten way better at playing the game as town, this was the best early game performance we've probably ever had

good learning experience for smogon town in how not to close games

lessons: poes are poes for a reason, look beyond the level 0 and level 1 reasoning for your own reads, give credence to dead players who had previously accurate reads

GG nuxl, and thank you to dle for hosting

Shutouts to asek for having spot on reads

Hal's doctor save was pretty cool too

Whydon also gets a mention I remember him consistently bringing up asek's poe after his death. Pidge also had some pretty spot on reads near the end

This is pretty disappointing to say the least. I don't want to sound rude but there's no reason that justifies nuxl not being lynched at any point after asek's death imo. I think town may have let three correct lynches in a row get to their heads. I could accept that first mislynch (even if it kinda hurt losing what would have been the cleanest town sweep in smogon history if nuxl had been lynched immediately) but nuxl really should've never lived past the second. I fail to see how nuxl was particularly townie besides posting a lot. I especially don't think this game should've ever gotten to an f3 scenario, and if it does, there's no reason nuxl doesn't get lynched here. Asek was easily the most accurate player in the game and his poe was worth a shot. Oh well. Lack of motivation and paranoia killed this one, as it normally does

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
first and probable last game for a while.

there were people in the game that gave no shit about the game and/or didn't do their due diligence as a villager; i'll leave who those were to your own judgment. there's also a subset of people in that group that unironically got mislynched because they could not take the time to read the fucking posts in the fucking game (a core aspect of a forum-based mafia game), inferno and drookez. the only mislynch i felt bad about whilst i was alive was duskfall, and i didn't even vote for him, but i figure i should have prevented it somehow, and i probably influenced that vote with a few posts anyway. energy got himself lynched in a stupid way, but in a more forgivable way than inferno and drookez.

on d8 i was asking nuxl to be lynched on the next and final day. if whydon or viper were mafia, they would have no motivation to kill me if i was dead set on nuxl. i was hoping this kind of reasoning would have helped the remaining villagers if i died, but it wasn't really explored on the final day. if i was left alive after making such definitive statements about nuxl, i probably would have been more inclined to not lynch nuxl, though, but he also would have had to take the risk of leaving me alive and me tunneling him.

did the mafia play well: no.
did the town play bad: yes, at least the second half of them, including myself; i'm not saying i am blameless.

before joining, i really felt like too many apathetic players were signing up in oc games and ruining them, but apparently it's a thing in noc too. really makes me wonder why some people post "in" to a game just to not play it.

Last edited:
on d8 i was asking nuxl to be lynched on the next and final day. if whydon or viper were mafia, they would have no motivation to kill me if i was dead set on nuxl. i was hoping this kind of reasoning would have helped the remaining villagers if i died, but it wasn't really explored on the final day. if i was left alive after making such definitive statements about nuxl, i probably would have been more inclined to not lynch nuxl, though, but he also would have had to take the risk of leaving me alive and me tunneling him.
man this is all wifom though, i understand your frustration but whydon and I have motivation as mafia to kill you as well

Asek please don’t discredit yourself you played incredibly and solved this game so incredibly quickly, it’s the rest of the towns fault for choosing to ignore you at the most crucial moments. I tried to bring up your poe as much as possible but I should have been more adamant about it in the days before pidge’s death, I just didn’t have the time to do so. This should still be seen as your crowning achievement on the site. Even if you don’t want to see it that way just know that even though we lost I will always see this as your best town performance in a game (if my opinion even means anything)

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
Actually while I'm here. That end of day between me and 3p1k was a case of me not knowing the vote count but knowing our roles. If I was lynched that day 3p1k's vig claim fell apart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)