DOU USUM Doubles Winter Seasonal - Round 3 (Loser's Only)

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard USUM Doubles OU tournament
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination
  • Rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss. (If you were in losers' when you played, you are both out. If you were in winners', the winner is in losers' and the loser is out.)
  • If you are found signing up under more than one alt, you will be banned from circuit events for life.
  • Activity calls will be made by me, potentially with neutral assistance from a TD. Coin flips will be done on PS!
  • In the event that something is added to or removed from the Doubles OU metagame in the middle of a round, that change will be in effect starting the next round. Doubles Ubers is available as a challenge option if something is banned mid-round.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • Swagger Clause: Swagger is banned.
  • Uber Clause: Anything that appears on Doubles OU's banlist is banned. This is the banlist for Doubles OU:
  • Snorlax
  • Mewtwo
  • Lugia
  • Ho-oh
  • Kyogre
  • Groudon
  • Rayquaza
  • Jirachi
  • Dialga
  • Palkia
  • Giratina
  • Giratina-Origin
  • Arceus
  • Reshiram
  • Zekrom
  • Kyurem-White
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
  • Solgaleo
  • Lunala
  • Magearna
  • Marshadow
  • Necrozma-Dusk Mane
  • Necrozma-Dawn Wings
  • Dark Void
  • Gravity and sleep moves with below one hundred percent accuracy
  • Eevium Z
  • Gengarite
  • Kangaskhanite
  • Power Construct

HOW TO SCHEDULE

Pairings:
Loser's Bracket
Pigeons vs OminousDraco
ImKoolKidz vs Moose And Goose
Yuichii vs TonyFlygon
MajorBowman
vs BLOOD TOTEM
GotCookies vs Cam
miltankmilk vs Sunrose
lhce628 vs Mammaluu
Elegyy vs Yellow Paint
Arcticblast vs allantoonix
DragonWhale vs obii
Gotheru vs talkingtree
Mishimono
vs AmirAlexander
Paraplegic vs Mint16
jugol
vs SitoPlays
Mizuhime vs B0mb3r
ZoroDark
vs SocialSocialSocial
frisoeva vs Ampha
The Squash
vs Noxx
iRKD vs Human
Toxeek
vs z0mOG
flarz vs VictorKids
YoBuddy
vs Ernestofp13
polo_07 vs Whydon
Snou vs JoeUX9
Archininey vs Watchog
AtmosphereVGC
vs Raichy
Lunar. vs qsns
Jrenner vs Teto
veristas vs Arifeen
Nido-Rus
vs LightScreener
The Idiot Ninja vs Royal1604
Akaru Kokuyo vs byronthewellwell

Highlight matches:
MajorBowman vs BLOOD TOTEM
Paraplegic vs Mint16

For transparency, here is the bracket: https://challonge.com/2019winterssnl

The deadline for this round is Monday, January 28th, at 11:59 PM Eastern time (GMT - 5). The deadline for extensions granted to R2 matchups is Thursday, January 24th, at 11:59PM Eastern time (GMT -5).

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Clearing up the two remaining extension matches:

Mint16 vs Bvrvkkv - Both tried to get the match done during the original week and that wasn't possible; Mint tried to schedule a time to play on either Tuesday or Wednesday and didn't get a response until Wednesday night, after he had already called for activity saying he was too busy to do anything last-minute. While Bvrvkkv attempted to schedule a time after this and was arguably more active today, Mint did everything he could reasonably have been expected to do, so Mint16 gets the win.

LightCoreVGC vs VictorKids - This one is much easier, LightCoreVGC PM'd me to say he was conceding the match. VictorKids moves on to Round 3.

Pinging the resulting pairings:
Paraplegic vs Mint16
flarz vs VictorKids

talkingtree

large if factual
Oh my goodness I'm dumb, I must have glazed over your pairing when I was copying them down from the challonge. Thanks for taking the initiative you two. I also realized that I missed the pairing below yours, so pinging polo_07 vs Whydon now. If you need an extension, I will be happy to grant you one since it was my own error that led to you getting this notification so late.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)