LC Joltik

[OVERVIEW]
Joltik boasts a useful array of moves such as Giga Drain as well as a unique typing that gives it a resistance to Fighting-type moves. Nevertheless, its lackluster Special Attack and Stealth Rock weakness results in Joltik not being a good choice for a team. Joltik is outclassed by Magnemite and Elekid as strong special attackers that are more efficient throughout games.

[SET]
name: All Out Attacker
move 1: Volt Switch
move 2: Thunderbolt
move 3: Giga Drain
move 4: Bug Buzz
item: Life Orb
ability: Swarm
nature: Timid
evs: 36 Def / 220 SpA / 236 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Joltik tries to make use of its decent coverage by being able to hit common Electric-type checks such as Onix with Giga Drain. However, there is little reason to use it over Elekid and Magnemite, which are faster and stronger than Joltik.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[PyProd, 438243]]
- Quality checked by: [[Merritt, 213064], [Fiend, 208173]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Estronic, 240732]]

Last edited by a moderator:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Holy shit.

This is a pseudo analysis, not a full analysis. This is WAY too much.

Here's the format again.

[OVERVIEW]
**A few sentences here should immediately establish WHY the Pokemon is not viable (poor stats/no movepool/awful typing/fully outclassed/a combination of these). If applicable, give at least a few Pokemon that outclass it and explain why.**

[SET]
**This should be the best possible moveset for the Pokemon, even if the set is still not good.**
name:
move 1:
move 2:
move 3:
move 4:
item:
ability:
nature:
evs:

[SET COMMENTS]
**This should be 2-3 sentences:
- One sentence should be enough to briefly outline what this set attempts to do.
- If the Pokemon isn't fully outclassed, such as in the case of Krabby, you can describe why; fully outclassed Pokemon, such as Pidgey, do not require another sentence here.
- The last sentence should describe why the set isn't worth using; reiterate which Pokemon outclass it.
There is NO NEED TO ELABORATE ON SPECIFIC MOVES/EVs/ETC. THIS IS NOT A FORMAL ANALYSIS.**

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[<username1>, <userid1>]]
- Quality checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>], [<username2>, <userid2>], [<username3>, <userid3>]]
- Grammar checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>], [<username2>, <username2>]]
Beyond that, please do not have 3 items for the set, two at most.[/quote]

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
It's not fixed. I would suggest reading the uploaded pseudo analyses to understand how the set comments section should look. Here's some examples.
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/psyduck.3642405/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/litten.3640385/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/yungoos.3640357/

[SET COMMENTS]
**This should be 2-3 sentences:
- One sentence should be enough to briefly outline what this set attempts to do.
- If the Pokemon isn't fully outclassed, such as in the case of Krabby, you can describe why; fully outclassed Pokemon, such as Pidgey, do not require another sentence here.
- The last sentence should describe why the set isn't worth using; reiterate which Pokemon outclass it.
There is NO NEED TO ELABORATE ON SPECIFIC MOVES/EVs/ETC. THIS IS NOT A FORMAL ANALYSIS.**

not QC team but it's still a lot... the first sentence of the overview is a massive run on sentence. cut it down and explain that even though the moveset is ok, emphasize the lack of bulk and lack of speed that makes joltik unviable. you don't need to mention ferro specifically or reference any specific moves; joltik really isn't that good rn and that's why you're writing a psuedo, not an actual analysis. if you think joltik is good enough for an actual analysis then talk to the QC team about that, but I don't think it is.

also settle on only one set, pick between LO or scarf. The LO set seems to be completely outclassed by elekid, so just run a scarf set honestly. Just say something about how with a scarf joltik hits 24 speed and that's three faster than mag. also not sure about this, someone smart back me up/refute me but i would put energy ball over giga for the additional damage versus survivability

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Again, please read through Merritt's comments and try to make your pseudo look like the outline I wrote or the uploaded examples. You should pick one set and not slash an item, and condense the writing.

This is your last chance to implement Merritt's suggestions. You are clearly knowledgeable enough to write this analysis, but you haven't implemented the suggestions in this thread to the point where it becomes QC-able. The suggestions immediately above are also good, and feel free to implement those. Please tag me when you believe you are done.

Merritt

no comment
Head TD
Better, but this still isn't really good and you've got extra spaces where you shouldn't with regards to formatting. I'm also going to ask you to do a LO set instead of a scarf set.

[OVERVIEW]
Joltik possesses a unique typing and decent movepool, but faces heavy competition from better choices for Electric-type special attackers. Its resistance to Fighting-type moves and access to coverage options in Bug Buzz and Giga Drain unfortunately fail to overcome its low Special Attack, middling Speed, and weakness to Stealth Rock, leaving Elekid and Magnemite as preferable options.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Joltik attempts to make use of its good coverage options to hit common Electric-type switchins like Onix and Trapinch with Giga Drain. However, there's little reason to use Joltik over the stronger and faster Elekid or Magnemite.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>], [<username2>, <userid2>]]
- Grammar checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>]]

You can take this word for word or just use the ideas here and write it in your own words. Up to you. Do this and tag me for 1/2.

Merritt

no comment
Head TD
Remove the part at the top.

[OVERVIEW]
In terms of points this has what it needs but the writing here flows really poorly.

[SET]
fine

[SET COMMENTS]
Split the sentence and clarify that it's "common Electric-type checks" instead of "common switchins", not specifically Joltik answers (since the idea is that they're not).

[CREDITS]
this is correct

I'm not happy with this from a prose standpoint but in terms of having factual information this does achieve 1/2. Please attempt to address the prose issues before this gets to GP.

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader
add | comment | remove | thing in question

i really don't have much to ask of you beyond fixing the sentence structures you're using.
[OVERVIEW]
Joltik boasts an useful array of moves, such as Giga Drain or Bug Buzz, as well as an unique typing that brings it a resistance to Fighting-type moves. Is Bug Buzz even genuinely useful?
Nevertheless, its lackluster Special Attack and a Stealth Rock weakness will just result in Joltik not being an efficient (don't say efficient) choice. (add period) , thus resulting in it being Joltik is outclassed by Magnemite and Elekid as strong special attackers that are more efficient throughout games. This doesn't actually mean anything to the reader.

[SET COMMENTS]
Joltik tries to make use of its decent coverage to be able to hit common Electric-type checks such as Onix or Trapinch with Giga Drain. (add period), with Life Orb somewhat making up for its low Special Attack, [Unnecessary] but there's There is little reason to use it over the faster and stronger Elekid and Magnemite.

Go through and makes the changes I ask and I'll QC stamp this after.

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader
PyProd you're good to move this to the GP queue once you remove trapinch's mention. It doesn't need to be replaced, just removed.

qc 2/2

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
add remove (comments)
[OVERVIEW]
Joltik boasts an useful array of moves, (RC) such as Giga Drain, (RC) as well as an unique typing that brings gives it a resistance to Fighting-type moves. Nevertheless, its lackluster Special Attack and a Stealth Rock weakness will just results in Joltik not being a good choice for a team. Joltik is outclassed by Magnemite and Elekid as strong special attackers that are more efficient throughout games.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Joltik tries to make use of its decent coverage to be by being able to hit common Electric-type checks such as Onix with Giga Drain. There However, there is little reason to use it over the faster and stronger Elekid and Magnemite, (AC) which are faster and stronger than Joltik. (allows it to read and flow better)

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Merritt, 213064], [Fiend, 208173]]
- Grammar checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>]]
1/1 :blobthumbsup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)