2018-19 NBA Thread

Been a while since I checked in. Of course friday can't come fast enough. Fuck the media shitstorm surrounding AD and rich paul. Trading for him would.be nice but I'm getting s headache

The latest rumor from LA Times is that Pelicans are going to ask for another first rounder and for us to take back another contract, probably Solomon Hill tbh. I don't think we're desperate enough to do that but who knows. Also, fuck Gregg Popovich for allegedly telling Dell Demps to not trade Anthony Davis to us. Akin to Dan Gilbert and Mark Cuban telling David Stern it would be a travesty for the Chris Paul trade to have gone down because rarely do we ever see a team get the best player and dump salary in a trade, though the Raptors pulled it off in the Kawhi deal and nobody said shit.

Fuck Popovich. Bitter old man just retire and go away already. How is what he doing not tampering? Directly influencing another front office in what to do with its players? Lol double standards Adam silver

Eastern conference just got a lot more exciting:

Sixers acquire Tobias Harris, Boban Marjanovic, Mike Scott for Landry Shamet, Wilson Chandler, Mike Muscala, 2020 first-rounder, 2021 unprotected 1st via Miami and two second rounders in 2021 and 2023.

Clippers basically get additional draft picks without affecting their summer cap space too much in their pursuit of free agents. Could also swing a trade for Anthony Davis. If they miss playoffs this season, their pick to Celtics does not get conveyed, thus simultaneously strengthening their offer for AD and weakening the Celtics'.

Jerry West just turned Blake Griffin into Avery Bradley, Landry Shamet, Wilson Chandler, Mike Muscala, 2018 first (Miles Bridges who was traded for Shai Gilgeous-Alexander), 2020 first (PHI), 2021 first (MIA), 2019 second, 2021 second (PHI), and 2023 second (PHI).

Fuck the Bucks actually scare me now.

Sad to see the longest tenured Raptor on the team in JV go (along with fan favorite Delon Wright) but I think Masai felt the pressure to get something done before the deadline in light of Milwaukee's and Philly's moves. Guess that confirms we're in win-now mode. Eastern conference semifinals + finals are going to be really interesting.

I'm so shocked no team wanted any part of the Kyle Lowry playoff experience.

So Rondo's gamewinner won us Anthony Davis, right? #FuckBoston

Last edited:
The all-star draft was hilarious. Chuck and Giannis taking shots at Lebron for tampering with AD and the Westbrook-Simmons trade were too good. We should have had this years ago.

I'm surprised Kyle Lowry went before Beal as the second last pick. If I were LeBron and Giannis had taken Beal, I probably would've asked if I can pick Jeff Teague instead.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
All I took from the all star draft was that nobody wants Harden, 2nd last pick of the starters lollll

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)