SM UU Awaken

It has been a while since my last team, but I wanted to showcase this one for you guys as I've had a lot of succes with it. I've really been loving this meta where almost anything is viable, meaning I haven't felt too restricted when building. Also, everyone seems to add music so hope you like this song lol. Anyways this squad was built around Nihilego which I think I've used in both my other teams but I've never really taken full advantage of it. I hit just over 1600 with this squad (Started at about 1450 I think, where I tilted down to) a little while ago and have dropped to the 1500s once again lol. Also ignore that win/loss ratio I forgot to reset it when laddering :psysly:

highestpeak.PNG

Team Building Process

Started with Electrium-Z Nihilego which is by far its best set. Initially I planned to run something else as the SR user to free up the slot for it, but that didn't end up happening so it is my hazard setter. Also acts as my main offensive answer to the likes of Primarina, while giving me a solid flying resist.

Next I added SD Scizor because Nihi can easily nuke the likes of Empoleon and Tentacruel, greatly opening the door open for it to sweep and it is a good pivot in general. We all know how good Scizor is so won't explain much else about what role it fulfills for this squad.

Next member was Slowbro which is a nice bulky pivot for the team with Regenerator. I opted for a BlockBro set as it helps remove some bulky walls and eases the Stall match-up. Also is my squads answer to Cobalion, Terrakion, Ape and Maero.

Yup, another squad with a Mega Altaria slapped on it lmao. I absolutely love this Pokemon and it provides a lot of defensive utility for my team acting as my main answers to Krookodile, Hydreigon and a secondary Ape check. I opted for a DD set as a second wincon and went for DD Refresh as some bulky waters were a threat.

Next I needed speed control and Krook fulfills this role well. It is also my electric immunity and Pursuit + Intimidate is always appreciated for revenging and removing Latias. Knock Off support is also amazing for wittling down bulky walls like Hippowdon. Just like Scizor not much else to explain about this pick.

The final member was Rotom-H as I needed a ground immunity, Defog user and a Scizor check which Rotom achieves. Very standard set but it is very important for my team to pivot into Sciz. It also acts as a secondary flying resist and completes the VoltTurn with Scizor.

The Squad

Nihilego @ Electrium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Thunder
- Grass Knot / Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Nihilego is the Mon I built around and as mentioned I wanted to use the Elec-Z set as I tend to give it to another Mon and run Black Sludge for example. Anyways, Nihilego has a pretty standard set here with Sludge Wave as its stab move for pressuring the fairies in the tier like Primarina, Malt etc. Thunder allows me to get the most dmg out of Elec-Z to nuke Empoleon and Tentacruel to open doors up for Scizor. It also does a decent chunk to the likes of Pokemon like Mega Aggron and Scizor which is really nice for allowing my two sweepers to clean up. Okay so I initially opted for HP [Ice] on Nihilego to help remove Gligar but also lets me 2OHKO Nidoking. While this is actually really nice for luring them, Grass Knot was overall more useful for pressuring Swampert, Hippowdon and Quagsire which I don't break all that easily, but they can all be put on a timer by two of my members. The EV Spread lets me outpace base 100s like Celebi and I invested into SpD to just better take hits like Draco Meteor from Hydra especially if Altaria hasn't evolved yet. I didn't think the Speed Boost from Beast Boost was necessary with having Krook + BP.​

Scizor (M) @ Iron Plate
Ability: Technician
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Def / 56 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost​

Standard SD Scizor set with BP + U-turn except I have some wacky EV spread which I'll explain later. Scizor is my main switch into Pokemon like Latias especially if Altaria hasn't evolved. I opted for Iron Plate on this set as I wanted it to hit harder and revenge better also without a boost. Swords Dance ofc lets it be that late game sweeper and in conjunction with Roost it allows me to easily set-up vs some bulkier walls like Gligar, not to mention it keeps me healthy throughout the course of the game. Bullet Punch and U-turn are the standard stab moves of choice so won't bother explaing that. As also mentioned it is one of the members to my pivot core which really eases up the need for prediction. EV spread explanation: The HP and SpD investment lets me eat a Dragonium-Z from a +1 Latias at full. Has enough Speed for Chesnaught and 8 Spe Scizor only looking to creep Ches. The Def lets you eat a Stone Edge from CB Terrakion after SR dmg cos why not lmao.

Slowbro (M) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rest
- Block​

Alright so Slowbro greatly eases up the stall match-up and in general is a really nice pivot for the team. As mentioned it is valuable in keeping Terrakion, Cobalion and Maero in check otherwise they would be very problematic. I opted for a Colbur Berry simply because Pokemon like Bisharp and Shark can be scary, plus it might help vs SD Scizor with Knock Off and potentially burn them. Standard BlockBro set which is nice for trapping and removing shit while being a cool status absorber. Not much to say, Regenerator just makes it annoying as hell to remove this Mon. I gave it 8 Spe to be faster than other Slowbro and Amoonguss making it easier for it to either trap them or fish for a Scald burn for the latter.

Altaria-Mega (F) @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Happiness: 0
EVs: 160 HP / 136 Atk / 28 SpD / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Refresh
- Roost

My secondary wincon but it was mainly added for its defensive utility thanks to its amazing typing. As stated it is my main answer to Krook and Hydra which would otherwise run through this team pretty easily so this shouldn't be used too recklessly. Frustration is its best stab move for sweeping late game and Refresh allows me to not care about burns and eases up the Stall match-up also. I opted for an Adamant nature as I am not a fan of Max Spe Jolly Malt, as I'd rather it had some bulk to it. For this reason I gave it enough Spe for outpace base 115s at +1 as well as Adamant Bisharp without a boost. It has enough HP to eat two Krookodile EQ's and I've never been unlucky enough to get that 0.4% against me. The SpD investment lets me eat an Ice Beam from +1 Latias then the rest was just dumped into Atk.

Krookodile (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 16 HP / 232 Atk / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Fire Fang
- Pursuit​

So Scarf Krook was very splashable and an easy fit for the team, compressing a lot into one role. It is a valuable member for the team for the reasons I previousy stated such as an electric immunity, preventing my opponent mindlessly spamming Volt Switch. Classic Stab moves of EQ and Knock Off. Pursuit for trapping Gengar and Latias which could be annoying for the team. Now I decided to go with Fire Fang because Scizor is actually a threat even with Rotom-H on the squad. It has come in useful several times and Stone Edge isn't needed that much with Scizor + Bro for Maero and both Nihi + Rotom-H to handle the flying types like Moltres and Togekiss. This EV spread lets it eat a CC from Scarf Ape and an AoP from Zeraora which isn't really necessary but I've just been using this spread for a while so yeah.

Rotom-Heat @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 24 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Defog

Final member is Rotom-H which again compresses a lot of roles like hazard removal and ground immunity. Standard bulky fast set with Iapapa to keep as healthy as possible throughout the match. Overheat and Volt Switch as the main stabs which also finishes the VoltTurn core with Scizor. I contemplated quite a bit about whether I wanted Toxic or Wisp but ended up going for Toxic to put Pokemon like Hippo on a timer. Defog obviously for removing hazards. Once again as I've already stated this is the main thing that stops me outright getting clapped by Scizor which isn't always amazing with it getting worn down by SR dmg but so far I haven't found it to be all that bad as Krook and Nihi can lure it in. The EV spread was to make it slower than other Rotom-H and also lets it OHKO Celebi after SR dmg.

Threat List
- Bisharp is a big threat tbh especially at +2 because Krookodile actually takes a shit ton from Sucker Punch if you haven't kept it healthy. To handle it, drop it in range for Malt or keep Krook healthy and you are good. Also have Colbur on Bro if you need to fish for a Burn.
- As mentioned Scizor can become a problem but as long as you keep Rotom-H and Krook healthy it should be fine. Also Nihilego has a chance to lure it in and blow it back. Slowbro can also eat a hit from full.
- Yeah it's a bitch to switch into especially if it is Specs, but every team without a Blissey is weak to this Mon anyways. Just keep Nihilego around to pressure it, Rotom-H can also volt on it easily to chip it and put it in range for the rest of the squad.
- This Mon is mainly just a pain so you can't afford to lose Malt otherwise it becomes a very hard match-up especially if it is packing Rest. Otherwise the match-up is fine.

Replays

I normally have a few replays but I forgot + didn't know how far this team would take me or whether I'd RMT it so I've only got one, sorry about.

vs

Shoutouts

May as well shoutout some of you peeps which have helped me out a lot since coming back to Mons and venturing into UU, appreciate all of y'all for all the help whether big or small. If I forgot anyone I'm sorry >.<
Scizorphobic - You've been a a great friend since I've joined UU and I love the heat sets and teams you come up with bro, keep it up and I look forward to trying them out myself ^_^

BackAtYouBro - Again another friend I've made. You've helped me out a ton with getting into UU. Look forward to the new heat teams you'll come up with and ty for being friendly to me joining the tier.

vivalospride - Appreciate all the feedback you give to me when it comes to rating peoples teams, it really helps me out a lot uwu

Moutemoute - You've helped me out a lot Moute when it comes to finishing teams or just general information. You defo helped me settle into and understand the UU metagame well, appreciate it.

'sei. - We don't talk a whole lot but you have been very friendly to me and I always love seeing the rates you make dude and hope to be as good as you :3

Sabbio - Another buddy I've made on Smogon and you have helped a lot of with suggestions on some of my squads and I love the convos we have on PS. So thanks for helping me improve as a player bro.

Amane Misa - I know we haven't talked a much either but you helped me out a lot when I first started off with my first team and a second one I was building so thanks Misa.

SilvioGuacamole - We only talked recently, but you have really helped me improve with building. So, thanks for all the help and being willing to playtest some of my teams.

I'm actually Cash - We only talked recently also, but you really helped me out when I was having a mental roadblock when it came to building a team. Appreciate all the squads you pass me dude and I look forward to future teams I can test out.

Jacobikko Forgot to s/o you out but appreciate all the positive feedback you give me about my teams dude :3

<Click Sprites for Importable>

That's it for my showcase I hope you guys enjoy using the squad and if you have any improvments then ofc let me know your thoughts. I hope you enjoyed reading ^_^

Last edited:

Dumb Sir

Banned deucer.
Hi

First of all, let me say that I really like how this this team looks and it seems very solid and fun. I would like to point out a couple of weaknesses I see and give some recommendations for how this team can be changed.

1548958568340.png
1548958626836.png

Volt/Turn Cores: Rotom-Heat is a good stop against these cores, but being the only stop leaves it open to being chipped away at. Even with an Iapapa Berry and Defog, Rotom-Heat is still susceptible to the harshness of Stealth Rocks. Without any more checks to M-Manetric and Banded Scizor or any Rocky Helmet wearers, the team can easily be cleaned up by these types of mons.

1548958979144.png

Calm Mind Latias:
Gigavolt Havoc + Ice Beam is a bit less common nowadays, but it still stands as an offensive build that can rip through many cores. Even Dragonium Z or Soul Dew can be very problematic. Refresh + Roost is a tad unorthodox, but can also pose a problem for this team.

Slowbro.png
->
Quagsire.png

1548960102488.png
->
1548960055533.png

Quag is the textbook stop to Volt/Turn and at the same time can work as a bulky pivot and a check to set up sweepers. Because Quag adds a couple of unwanted weaknesses to Grass moves and Special attackers, I replaced Krook with Muk-A.

Hi

First of all, let me say that I really like how this this team looks and it seems very solid and fun. I would like to point out a couple of weaknesses I see and give some recommendations for how this team can be changed.

View attachment 157889View attachment 157890
Volt/Turn Cores: Rotom-Heat is a good stop against these cores, but being the only stop leaves it open to being chipped away at. Even with an Iapapa Berry and Defog, Rotom-Heat is still susceptible to the harshness of Stealth Rocks. Without any more checks to M-Manetric and Banded Scizor or any Rocky Helmet wearers, the team can easily be cleaned up by these types of mons.

View attachment 157891
Calm Mind Latias:
Gigavolt Havoc + Ice Beam is a bit less common nowadays, but it still stands as an offensive build that can rip through many cores. Even Dragonium Z or Soul Dew can be very problematic. Refresh + Roost is a tad unorthodox, but can also pose a problem for this team.

View attachment 157896->View attachment 157895
View attachment 157898->View attachment 157897
Quag is the textbook stop to Volt/Turn and at the same time can work as a bulky pivot and a check to set up sweepers. Because Quag adds a couple of unwanted weaknesses to Grass moves and Special attackers, I replaced Krook with Muk-A.

Thanks for the rate. I defo agree VoltTurn cores can be annoying for the team especially with Rotom-H being able to be worn down by them. However, I do have several responses to Manectric being Malt, Krook and even Nihilego eats its hits well. As for Scizor I agree it is pretty scary but with Fang Krook and Elec-Z Nihi it can be lured in and dealt with. It is pretty interesting that you bring up Latias as I haven't had much issues with it, other than trying to figure out what set it is. Without this info I have to risk Scizor or Rotom-H, especially if Malt hasn't evolved. But the BoltBeam would defo be the scariest one as I'm reliant on Rotom-H, but Malt can eat a +1 Ice Beam after rocks to help with this.

As for your changes I'll test them out but Quagsire seems like an odd pick as it is only really effective on stall. My team doesn't support it well in terms of having a Cleric either. While it does ease the match-up vs those 2 pivots it does open the door up for CB Terrakion a lot more and with me having one Rock resist in general it will pretty much always claim one. Alolan Muk is a pretty neat idea for handling Latias, it even slightly eases the Prima match-up. But having to trade my speed control for it is costly especially when the team is already kinda slow, with Nihi being my fastest member otherwise. I'm not saying any of this to discourage you or anything, but just want to share my opinions on these suggestions. Thank you regardless for your input and as I said I'll try them out and see how it goes. Keep up the good work dude!

Just a little add on to my rate, as I've been mucking around with a diff Slowbro set which trades some of the Stall / Balance match-up to better ease some match-ups which 'sei. pointed out like Amoong. Also thanks I'm actually Cash for suggesting a Slack Off set too. Amoong is kinda annoying but I have been able to manage it with my original version decently well, but anyway to ease the match-up is always nice. It also helps more vs Terrakion also rather than doubling etc. SpA gives you like a 99.6% chance to 2OHKO after rocks if it has no Sludge. Hope you like using either sets ^_^

Slowbro (M) @ Colbur Berry / Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 24 SpA / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey Twilight, this is a pretty solid team and I don't have too much to say about it but I think it can be optimized just a lil bit with a few minor changes that can greatly improve the team.

Minor changes:
- EQ > Refresh on Mega Altaria. I understand Refresh is a neat set but this set is actually extremely inefficient on this team. Reason being is because Slowbro lures and 1v1s pretty much everything that malt sets up on for free with Refresh (alo, blissey, etc). In fact all the bulky waters that can bother this team are immune to toxic and weak to EQ. Tentacruel literally walks all over this team and Empo is a pain too. So yeah EQ is the clear choice here imo.
- Crunch > Fire Fang on Krookodile. Scizor matchup is meh but can be handled with Rotom-H + Slowbro + Elec Z Nihi if used wisely together. Quick Attack variants of Scizor bother Rotom-H but the ones w/o bug move can be at risk of Scald burn from bro, while Superpower + qa is p much walled by bro. However the lati matchup is also meh, but moreso. Relying on Pursuit-less Scizor as your primary check is shaky at best, and the only reason I allow it is because you have malt and Krook on the team. Crunch helps the matchup a bit and is just more valuable than Fire Fang here imo.
- Wiki Berry > Iapapa Berry on Rotom-H. Okay this is super minimal but it's time I let the world know that this berry is literally just better than Iapapa LOL. The Scizor matchup relies too heavily on Rotom-H as I mentioned in the bullet point above to an extent, it needs as much insurance as it can get atm. Wiki Berry confuses Scizor if it bug bites it while papa doesn't. That's all.

Nihilego @ Electrium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Thunder
- Grass Knot
- Stealth Rock

Scizor (M) @ Iron Plate
Ability: Technician
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Def / 56 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Slowbro (M) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rest
- Block

Altaria-Mega (F) @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Happiness: 0
EVs: 160 HP / 136 Atk / 28 SpD / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Roost
- Earthquake

Krookodile (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 16 HP / 232 Atk / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Crunch
- Pursuit

Rotom-Heat @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 24 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Defog

That's it, good team! You've improved a lot and you're doing good shit as I've told you several times, just keep it up. Sorry this rate is overdue I was gonna do it a while back just forgot about it. The little things can go a long ways though and I feel this improves the team dramatically!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)