Smogon Premier League X - Week 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the tenth iteration of SPL, SPL X. In this tournament, 10 teams containing the best players on Smogon (except for Mr.E) play against each other and duke it out every week, attempting to gather as many wins as they can to reach playoffs. Some of them will fail, while others will bloom. Whatever the case, the matches will be exciting, so without further ado, here are tournament rules and the matchups!

Reminders:

On Sportsmanship
Note the sportsmanship infraction may be used liberally this SPL, and any unsportsmanlike conduct on the forums, in discord, or in opposing SPL team servers (I won't infract for you being a dick in your own SPL team server unless the situation is so extreme I feel I absolutely have to make an exception (consider basically any masterclass interaction ever)), will be grounds for an infraction. We encourage you to play semi-aggressively, but don't be a Masterclass.

~ Aldaron

On Scheduling Matches
I'm sure plenty of you have come across activity drama while scheduling matches. I'm here to reduce the arbitrary element associated with some of these decisions. It is entirely your decision to adhere to these STRONG RECOMMENDATIONS, but note that if you choose not to, I'll most likely ignore any pleading from your end.

YOU MUST ACTIVATE YOUR VM WALL IF YOU WISH TO PLAY IN THIS TOURNAMENT. THIS IS HOW ALL OFFICIAL SCHEDULING WILL BE HANDLED.

Once that week's thread is posted, you have up to 48 hours to contact your opponent ON HIS VM WALL
and mention your timezone and exactly what dates, what time ranges you are available, and where you will battle. Note that the default accepted sim and server is the official server on Showdown/Smogon Tournament Server. You must provide at least 3 different time ranges at least 48 hours from the timestamp of your message, with at least 2 that are 24-hours apart from each other. The minimum and maximum length for 1 time range is 30 minutes, and the minimum difference between the 3 required time ranges is 3 hours. If you give 3 time ranges that stick with this policy, you can give any additional time ranges at any time you please.

NOTE THAT THIS SCENARIO INVOLVES RESPONSE DYNAMICS; THERE IS SOMEONE WHO WILL CONTACT FIRST AND SOMEONE WHO RESPOND...THESE REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT FOR BOTH OF YOU TO ASSUME TO YOU CAN BE FIRST CONTACTS...WHOEVER CONTACTS FIRST IS THE FIRST, AND THE OTHER DEFAULTS TO THE RESPONDER. THIS SHOULD BE OBVIOUS BUT SOME OF YOU ARE DUMB.

Once your opponent has contacted you, you now have up until 72 hours after the week's thread has been posted (NOT after your opponent's message) to respond with times that are good for you. What this means is that if both of you spend the maximum time contacting and responding, you should have back and forth collaboration at a maximum of 72 hours after the round has been posted, with both parties given an additional 24 hours to prepare for the battle should it be scheduled as soon as required. If none of the opponent's proposed time ranges are good for you, you must respond with alternative time ranges.

The first opponent now has X hours to prepare for the battle (if the second opponent agreed to some time) or 24 hours to contact a TD if, for whatever reason, this second set of time ranges does not suit the first opponent. Note this should be an absolute last measure.

Once a time is agreed upon, please make a message on your opponent's VM wall between 10 minutes and 1 second before the agreed upon time and say you are ready to battle and then get to agreed upon location (regardless of whether or not your opponent sends you a response VM). Please protect yourself by making this message, as it makes decisions much easier. You will be required to wait for your opponent for the duration of the time range.

If neither of you contact each other before 48 hours after the thread has been posted, you're both opening yourself up to a potential no contest or substitution. If I look at the situation, I might just determine I'm going to no contest, or whatever based on however I'm feeling at that moment. Don't leave yourself and your team vulnerable to this.

Just because at anytime one of the responders does not respond within the given range does not give you automatic activity win credentials. If they don't contact at all on your VM wall up until 48 hours before the end of the round (note, I'm not going to take discord or sim messages as evidence due to how easily they can be doctored...so if you want to protect yourself, stick to the VM messages), then you obviously have activity win justification. You WILL contact your opponent in a timely manner. However, if they do contact you at all after the suggested response time and before 48 hours before the end of the round, you are required to respond before 24 hours before the end of the round with 2 1-hour time ranges at least 1 hour apart before the end of the round. The opponent, since he did not stick to the proposed response schedule, WILL BE REQUIRED TO PLAY AT ONE OF YOUR NEWLY SUGGESTED TIMES, so you have the advantage here. This obviously puts a bit of an emphasis on the last 48 hours of each round (as is standard operating procedure for most of our official team tournaments anyway), so I will try my best to keep the last 48 hours of the round as close to the majority of the weekend for as much of the world as I can.

If you follow all of these guidelines, you will a.) most likely get your match done with minimal issue or b.) protect yourself and your team from an undue no contest or activity decision. Yes, I hate activity decisions in official tournaments. Yes, I will do my best to prevent activity decisions in the playoffs (the qualifying round is fair game however and I will have no problem issuing an activity call here), but don't push your luck.

Here is an example of how following this would work:

Week 1 thread is posted June 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM. Its deadline is June 14, 2013 at 11:59PM. User A and User B are matched up. User A contacts User B on his VM wall on June 7, at 9:00 PM (47 hours after the thread was posted, so ok), and gives 4 time ranges: June 10, from 7:00-7:30 PM (22 hours after the timestamp of his message, which is only ok so long as at minimum 3 of the other proposed time ranges adhere to the requirements), June 11, from 9:00-9:30 PM (48 hours after the timestamp of his message, which is ok), June 12, from 6:00-6:30 PM (69 hours after timestamp of his message, so ok, but only 21 hours after the earliest time range that is 48 hours after the timestamp), and June 12, from 9:00-9:30 PM (72 hours after the timestamp, so ok, and 24 hours after a legal time range and 3 hours after another legal time range). The June 11 and both June 12 time ranges satisfy the requirements, so User A can propose his first June 10 time range as well. User B responds on June 10, at 8:00 PM (23 hours after User A contacted him, so ok), and picks June 11, at 9:00 PM to battle, which is ok because it is 24 hours after his own response.

You'll note I made most of my response ranges multiples of 24 hours, but also included 24 hours. This means I expect you to be able to check Smogon at least once a day. If that is not feasible, you put yourself at risk.

~ Aldaron

On Disconnecting and timing out drama
See here.

Standard Tournament Rules

---

Congregation of the Classiest (8) vs Cryonicles (4)

SM OU: Insult vs Exiline
SM OU: ZoroDark vs BHARATH_THEBEST
SM UU: Shiba vs HT
SM RU: Nat vs Ajna
SM NU: Garay oak vs elodin
SM DOU: EmbCPT vs SMB
ORAS OU: Genesis7 vs obii
BW OU: Finchinator vs Energy
DPP OU: 1 True Lycan vs Malekith
ADV OU: thelinearcurve vs Alexander.
GSC OU: Earthworm vs ABR
RBY OU: Bedschibaer vs Leru

Alpha Ruiners (6) vs Wi-fi Wolfpack (6)

SM OU: Hiye vs Charmflash
SM OU: Empo vs Kickasser
SM UU: Pearl vs bugzinator
SM RU: passion vs Welli0u
SM NU: lax vs Eternally
SM DOU: Croven vs Human
ORAS OU: imsosorrylol vs TDK
BW OU: Rewer vs Sergi
DPP OU: Jimmy Turtwig vs DeepBlueC
ADV OU: eden's embrace vs UD
GSC OU: Lavos vs Fear
RBY OU: FriendOfMrGolem120 vs The Idiot Ninja

Stark Sharks (5) vs Indie Scooters (7)

SM OU: Spectear vs Lopunny Kicks
SM OU: Tricking vs Will of Fire
SM UU: Lycans vs robjr
SM RU: EviGaro vs lighthouses
SM NU: Teddeh vs Realistic Waters
SM DOU: fespy vs miltankmilk
ORAS OU: Posho vs craing ;_;
BW OU: Kevin Garrett vs Ojama
DPP OU: ToF vs Aeroblacktyl
ADV OU: Triangles vs dekzeh
GSC OU: Conflict vs giara
RBY OU: Tamahome vs MetalGro$$

Team Raiders (5) vs Dragonspiral Tyrants (7)

SM OU: Talah vs Mana
SM OU: The Hallows vs blunder
SM UU: Pak vs Christo
SM RU: Sage vs aim
SM NU: SPACE FORCE meeps vs ict
SM DOU: Biosci vs emforbes
ORAS OU: Trosko vs Poek
BW OU: SoulWind vs We Three Kings
DPP OU: roscoe vs GaryTheGengar
ADV OU: bro fist vs Gilbert arenas
GSC OU: Mr.378 vs sulcata
RBY OU: Jirachee vs Heroic Troller

Ever Grande BIGS (8) vs Circus Maximus Tigers (4)

SM OU: Valentine vs Eternal Spirit
SM OU: Sabella vs Sacri'
SM UU: soulgazer vs Adaam
SM RU: UltraBallz vs Pohjis
SM NU: Kushalos vs Osh
SM DOU: Ezrael vs MajorBowman
ORAS: xray vs Bro Kappa
BW OU: FLCL vs zf
DPP OU: sig vs 6A9 Ace Matador
ADV OU: Golden Sun vs dice
GSC OU: Googly vs d0nut
RBY OU: Nails vs Kaz

Deadline will be February 17th, 9:00 PM EST.

Last edited:
SM OU: Insult vs Exiline
SM OU: ZoroDark vs BHARATH_THEBEST
ORAS OU: Genesis7 vs obii
BW OU: Finchinator vs Energy

SM OU: Hiye vs Charmflash
SM OU: Empo vs Kickasser
ORAS OU: imsosorrylol vs TDK
BW OU: Rewer vs Sergi

SM OU: Spectear vs Lopunny Kicks
SM OU: Tricking vs Will of Fire
ORAS OU: Posho vs craing ;_;
BW OU: Kevin Garrett vs Ojama

SM OU: Talah vs Mana
SM OU: The Hallows vs blunder
ORAS OU: Trosko vs Poek
BW OU: SoulWind vs We Three Kings

SM OU: Valentine vs Eternal Spirit
SM OU: Sabella vs Sacri'
ORAS: xray vs Bro Kappa

Last edited:
Disappointing week last week after we steamrolled the competition for the first part of the season. No worries, though, guys! We will definitely bounce back, and are still in prime position to make the playoffs. AWOOOO!!!

Congregation of the Classiest (5) vs Cryonicles (7)

SM OU: Insult vs Exiline | honestly not really sure on this one. insult got pretty hard outplayed by ultraballz last week before the latter unfortunately timed out. exiline meanwhile is being looked upon to save the cryonicles season. when in doubt, pick the player with the abr team.
SM OU: ZoroDark vs BHARATH_THEBEST | zoroclick is prob a bit out of his element here idk. regardless, btb has abr support and i think he's slightly better
SM UU: Shiba vs HT | sabella unfortunately didnt bring any doublade counters last week so shiba was able to coast to victory. meanwhile...ht has proven he definitely should not be an spl starter LOL this is gettin rly bad at this pt. small edge i guess.
SM RU: Nat vs Ajna | nat brought some techs last week but i still think ajnas the best ru player so.
SM NU: Garay oak vs elodin | im still not rly impressed by garay and elodin's solid enough
SM DOU: EmbCPT vs SMB | smb's been really impressive this season from what ive seen so v small edge
ORAS OU: Genesis7 vs obii | genesis huh LOL the baddummy experiment failed so zoms goin from 1 cpg member to another. its rly hard to bold obis name but LOL w/e. he has abr support and im not rly convinced by genesis's playing skill.
BW OU: Finchinator vs Energy | OML GOAT LAUREL IS IN FINALLY IN BROS!!! would hav liked to see him dpp but malekiths been solid enough alas. in this gayass battle of the tryhards, i think finch is more skilled.
DPP OU: Void vs Malekith | malekith has unsurprisingly been solid in dpp and proving to be a good value for his cheap price. void's one of the best tho.
ADV OU: thelinearcurve vs Alexander. | prinz is heat but linears still the best adver
GSC OU: Earthworm vs ABR | LMAO GSC GOD ABR HES IN BROS OML!!! earthworms been relatively unimpressive this tour considering his high expectations and itll take more than a win against a doubles main to convince me he's back to form. abr beat lavos in gsc in the wcop tiebreak and he definitely knows how to play this tier. based on recent form, i'll take my chances.
RBY OU: Bedschibaer vs Leru | wow the juggling LMAO lerus been so fucking awful this tour man i just cant do it. beds is better and knows the tier more.

also thank god they FINALLY BENCHED VETERAN IN LOVE LMAO what a joke took u idiots long enough.

Alpha Ruiners (5) vs Wi-fi Wolfpack (7)

SM OU: Hiye vs Charmflash | i've been on a major roll lately. hiye got a free ass donation last week against abr's patented "freeze / pp stall the reuniclus strategy" but no goon is gonna stop me now oml. 6-0 vros lgi
SM OU: Empo vs Kickasser | both r solid enough but i think kicks a better player
SM UU: Pearl vs bugzinator | the best uuer will be favored in every matchup pmuch. bugz has also been lucky af this spl so his records a bit inflated.
SM RU: passion vs Welli0u | this should b a good game. i hav faith in passion but welliou has proven to b a p solid battler in the past few months. with solid team support, gonna give him an edge in this one
SM NU: lax vs Eternally | damn i wish wolfpack subbed rozes in LMAO that would hav been fuckin heat. w/e. in this match of lax vs a rozes team, i like lax's odds cuz i think hes better than eternally
SM DOU: Croven vs Human | both r solid but ive been more impressed by human i think
ORAS OU: imsosorrylol vs TDK | as tdk continues to either get haxed or get bad matchup, zomog salivates over the chance to recoup some of his betting losses. nonetheless, i still dont think sorrys good and tdks way more proven.
BW OU: Rewer vs Sergi | bros LMAO these guys still startin rewer in 2019 man LMAO get w the times my god this is pitiful. easy ass #crustrule
DPP OU: Jimmy Turtwig vs DeepBlueC | jimmy suffered a setback last week but i still think hes a better player
ADV OU: eden's embrace vs UD | this guys back now too huh? LOL ruiners just trottin out clowns left and right every week. i dont rly think sunny is good so ud should hav a p easy win
GSC OU: Lavos vs Fear | NOW THIS IS A MATCHUP OML! both hav been on fire but lavos to me is a better player for sure. fear always has luck on his side but ill take my chances
RBY OU: FriendOfMrGolem120 vs The Idiot Ninja | fomgs been more impressive id say.

Stark Sharks (6) vs Indie Scooters (6)

SM OU: Spectear vs Lopunny Kicks | lop kicks usually comes thru so.
SM OU: Tricking vs Will of Fire | italian mafia battle huh LOL Clicking has done more in smogon official tours so gonna bank on him
SM UU: Lycans vs robjr | the lycans curse continues LMAO THIS MANS TEAM NEVER WINS IN SPL BRO HOW DO U HAV 2 WINS IN 2 AND A HALF SPLS?? LOL damn unlucky af bro. this is a good game but lycans is a bit more solid id say
SM RU: EviGaro vs lighthouses | evigaro been bringin some suspect teams lately and seems to hav come back down to earth. i still dont think diogos good tho like LOL so gonna trust her again
SM NU: Teddeh vs Realistic Waters | alright. waters has been good but come on LOL teddeh been way too consistent in nu to go down like this bro. this is where he makes his stand. he was the best nuer b4 spl and i still hav faith in him.
SM DOU: fespy vs miltankmilk | the milk dude is more proven id say
ORAS OU: Posho vs craing ;_; | posho just cant seem to win these days LMAO idk how but it just always ends up with his opponents name bolded. ben gays solid enough and will prob get matchup so
BW OU: Kevin Garrett vs Ojama | ... kg bw? ROFL IS THIS SPL 5 WHAT IS GOIN ON HERE BRO the last time he was in bw ou he didnt kno lando-i was banned...and still went 2-0 in the playoffs. good times vros. unfortunately, hes playin the goatpin.
DPP OU: ToF vs Aeroblacktyl | yo fuck it LMAO MOP BEEN STYLIN ON PPL AND JUST OBLITERATED THE BEST DPPER. hes been ridin the wave bros and in this crust game i like his odds
ADV OU: Triangles vs dekzeh | oh nice LOOOOL i can predict against triangles again oml i was missing this tradition. i dont think this guys ever been a good adver and ill gladly take my chances w dekzeh in this one
GSC OU: Conflict vs giara |
RBY OU: Tamahome vs MetalGro$$ | ...........so this is what its come to LMAO 29K RBY NA LMAO WHAT THE FUCK BRO this is a fucking absurd juggle dude. still pickin him to win but come on now

Team Raiders (3) vs Dragonspiral Tyrants (8)

SM OU: Talah vs Mana | not impressed by talah at all this tour rly and mana seems to b in solid enough form.
SM OU: The Hallows vs blunder | this retard keeps complainin that i give him a small edge every week...well suck my dick. big edge here.
SM UU: Pak vs Christo | well back when i was on the pak hate-wagon this game was like 80/20 christo LMAO but now its like 55/45. i think christo's still a better player and i like the way hes been playin this tour, even though hes received a few donations.
SM RU: Sage vs aim | bro she was 0-4 in her main tier LMAO HOWS SHE SUDDENLY GONNA WIN IN RU. joey been underperforming but i still hav faith in him. hes 2 good of a player.
SM NU: SPACE FORCE meeps vs ict | leon been curbstompin ppl this tour oml. meeps is solid enough but ict in his peak is a better player and he's been rly good so far this tour.
SM DOU: Biosci vs emforbes | idk doubles enough rly LOL this games like a tossup
ORAS OU: Trosko vs Poek | before this spl i would have picked poek but trosko's one of the only shining lights on this team. hes been fucking amazing and should b favored vs. almost everyone. poek def has enough upside to win tho
BW OU: SoulWind vs We Three Kings | moxie been on fire this tour but soulwinds still arguably the best bwer along w the kingpin.
DPP OU: roscoe vs GaryTheGengar | roscoe got destroyed last week LMAO predictin a bounce back tho hes 2 good at this gen
ADV OU: bro fist vs Gilbert arenas | never thought id ever pick marcop vs brofist but here we are LMAO what the fuck. i honestly have no idea how good john is in this tier but marcops been solid enough in this tour. i like his chances. raiders r insane for this
GSC OU: Mr.378 vs sulcata | bolding sulcatas name hurts my soul LMAO this guys ass. w/e tho. last time we saw 378 in spl he cost the scooters a trophy by clicking ice beam LOL
RBY OU: Jirachee vs Heroic Troller | yeah troller def knows this tier way more and should be able to outplay

Ever Grande BIGS (7) vs Circus Maximus Tigers (4)

SM OU: Valentine vs Eternal Spirit | val popped off last week but idk gamas 3-2 but he still has an insane record. the sheet looker in me is easily givin him this win espec since vals pretty unproven
SM OU: Sabella vs Sacri' | these players r p similar to me but i think sabellas a little bit better.
SM UU: soulgazer vs Adaam | well. LOL the juggling is here. sgs a lower tiers god and there has to b a reason why adaam wasnt bought in the og auction so. big edge.
SM RU: UltraBallz vs Pohjis | ribbon syndrome is back bros. ultraballz played p well last week before losing his mind and deciding to calc something while at like 10 sec LOL wild. pohjis is overrated but i still need to see more from ultraballz before i pick him, especially in this tier
SM NU: Kushalos vs Osh | the chef looked good last week and i think hes a way better player
SM DOU: Ezrael vs Majorbowman | im higher on bowman than most ppl and hes been p consistent in official tours id say, last snake not withstanding. small edge
ORAS: xray vs Bro Kappa | the scanner's been p solid this tour and bro kappas been p lackluster
BW OU: FLCL vs zf | fooly destroyed him LOL my god the outplays
DPP OU: sig vs 6A9 Ace Matador | the man, the myth, the legend...LOL i cant tell u how many times ppl hav asked me who tf this guy is but here we are. dave has high hopes for him, and luckily, his first battle comes against crust matador. if he cant win this, sig might have a pretty hard time this spl #crustrule
ADV OU: Golden Sun vs dice | dices juggling continues. golden suns been solid enough this tour and this is still the tier hes most known for over the course of his career. small edge altho dice could def outplay
GSC OU: Googly vs d0nut | bro what LOL i didnt even kno googly played gsc but here we are i guess. donuts back from his trip to the variance madhouse and still sports a 4-0 record here. big edge.
RBY OU: Nails vs Kaz | its rby bro LOL both have been good this games a tossup

Last edited by a moderator:
Insult 45 : 55 Exiline

I don’t know much about either player. But Insult didn’t have an ideal start last week and Exiline has ABR support, so giving Exiline the slight edge, I guess?

ZoroDark 40 : 60 BHARATH_THEBEST

Not too sure on how much SM experience ZoroDark has in SM OU but BTB has been playing well as usual so I’ll give him the edge here, even if it hasnt translated into many results thus far.

—————

Hiye 40 : 60 Charmflash

Charmflash is 5-0, what else do I have to say? Don’t think Hiye will be the one to stop him, even though Hiye is a good player so it’s certainly plausible.

Empo 45 : 55 Kickasser

Kickasser is the slightly better player I feel, but this is probably the highlight match of the week and could probably go either way.

—————

Spectear 40 : 60 Lopunny Kicks

While Spectear had a notable win last week, Lopunny Kicks is still the better player, I feel, so favoring the scooters here.

Tricking 60 : 40 Will of Fire
Tricking has been performing quite well in SM OU so I think it’s only fair to predict for him to win again.

—————

Talah 55 : 45 Mana
I still think Talah has been playing really well and his outstanding teambuilding could give him an edge here. Mana’s a strong player, of course, but I’ll bet on Talah here.

The Hallows 40 : 60 blunder

While The Hallows is a solid player and I’d love to see what he brings to the table this tournament, it’s hard to predict against blunder.

—————

Valentine 40 : 60 Eternal Spirit

While Valentine played well last week, Gama is still the goat, so obviously predicting for him to win.

Sabella 40 : 60 Sacri'

Sacri'’s been playing consistently well, so predicting a win for the tigers here too.​

SM UU: soulgazer vs Adaam I think sg is really good, but this guy Alaan is ruthless. His team must have read my expert analysis in the uu discussion thread where I called him getting bought in mids weeks ago. As we've seen so far, this UU pool is super competitive and now that Alaan has his shot at breaking out onto the scene I fully expect him to take it.

SM UU: Lycans vs robjr I won't pick against rob in this tier again this SPL. Lycans is very good, but I think rob is on a different level than any other UU player currently so he has my pick in this one.

SM UU: Pearl vs bugzinator I think Pearl is better than bugzi, who is a solid player himself, but with the luck that bugzi has been having this SPL I would be a fool to pick against him. Pearl needs to have scald on all 6 pokemon to win this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)