Survivor Survivor Season 6: Fans vs Favorites vs Fumblers (And the winner is...ajhockeystar!)

now tell me why you skipped out on some of the challenges
I already explained this, I was busy in some and I know I had no chance to win in the others. The ones I can remember not doing is the clicking one (like half didn't do it and the few others did meme numbers), the scavenger hunt (again, half didn't do it), the hexagon one (this one I admit I didn't try), the RPG which I supported my team in chat!, puzzle hunt (again I did start on it but i lost my file).

I did got second or third in a number of challenges though!

I have a very large post early on discussing all of my plays in detail. I also wrote about them in my opening statement.
Yeah, I read through that, but don't you think it's just standard survivor play? Sure, you made alliances and kept in touch with those that would bring you information. You lied to people and convince them you didn't know anything or that you weren't a threat. You manipulated people into believing you. I also did those things. I don't know what big plays you had and I didn't. Please clarify.

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I read through that, but don't you think it's just standard survivor play? Sure, you made alliances and kept in touch with those that would bring you information. You lied to people and convince them you didn't know anything or that you weren't a threat. You manipulated people into believing you. I also did those things. I don't know what big plays you had and I didn't. Please clarify.
how can I trust you when even your signature is lying to me

Blindsiding Aaronboyer, bringing Blue on as a trusted ally, keeping Whydon's idol secret, creating the alliance of 7 (I believe it was with you), pretending like Trace had an idol (big mistake) to earn favor within the Fans tribe, gathering the alliance of 6 for the you vs. me vote, telling AJ about the favorites idol to bolster our alliance, not trying in individual immunity challenges early on so I wasn't seen as a challenge threat, I told Whydon and Blue about OM's idol to make OM look like a bigger threat than AJ so I could leverage my friendship with AJ if we managed to eliminate OM, actively distancing myself from Blue and Whydon to help hold my alliance with AJ, continuing to tell AJ that I would never win because of my attitude (you probably noticed, but abrasive is a common word in my language), that is the exact word AJ used to describe me in his opening statement because that is how I would describe myself to him -- I managed to plant this idea so deep in his head that I could never win that Whydon was eliminated over me. To add on to this point, I realized that this was a good strategy to keep me in the game and look like less of a threat, its why I criticized heal publicly a few times over using my confessionals. The "Oh Laurel is a dick, I can keep him around because he won't win" mentality. At the beginning this wasn't meant to be strategical and to be honest was a big learning experience for me, but early into the game I realized I could use it to my advantage. AJ said he learned from his mistakes in previous games, well this was my first game, and I had to learn from my mistakes in this game and use them as opportunities.

More plays
I tried working with Mari to take out OM, I pitched to AJ and Cleo to vote out OM (when I lost immunity), in general, outside of your final vote and this was because I was scared you had an idol, I told people I was trying to make relationships with they were getting voted out (eg: Whydon, Mari, MK) as that is what I would've wanted for myself. While I may have put on the persona of being a jerk, and it did help me get here as AJ didn't see me as a threat because of it, I wanted the people I spoke with to know I'm genuine and that I care for them. Survivor gave me the opportunity to really get to know some people and I'm really thankful for that.
Okay, I don't really see how these are big plays. Honestly, most of this seems like it was done out of necessity. You did it because you were in a bad position i.e. making bad plays before. As for other "plays", it seems to be one-sided. Yes, you convince a lot of people you were not a threat. Did they believe you or did they never plan to eliminate you anyways? Just because you did something isn't always a play. Especially not big plays.

For my part:
I "blindsided" OM. I brought AJ and Cleo as my trusted ally. I kept AJ's idol a secret. I also made alliances with other people. Since I wanted to save AJ, I always claimed the OM will get more votes than AJ in order to convince you guys to get OM first before AJ or Cleo. Heck, one could argue that my sheep persona was so that nobody expected I was a threat and if they were to eliminate me, there was no reason to get me before AJ. Convincing to keep Cleo alive despite constant push from AJ to eliminate Cleo. I also pitched the OM vote to you and Cleo. If you disagree with me please tell, but I think I did many similar things to you and you said I had no big plays.

Alright. My vote is going in soon, so this will be my final statement to you finalists. I just want to clear up some misconceptions

Drook, I would not consider Laurel’s game just standard survivor. They made significant moves at every phase of the game. To be honest, some of them were misguided (cough cough Trace) and many didn’t work out, but at least they made an effort to affect the game. It was because of this that him and AJ rose to prominance - they worked hard to make their mark on the game

However, Laurel, I do want to refute one thing. You did not have as much control on the Fans as you say you did. I formed my core with Cleo and Mari right after your Aaron blindside, and I had also made an alliance with Blue and Mari just in case. I tried to get them to vote you out over Huston, but they wanted to go with challenge performance over trust. I have no doubt that if we had gone to another council before a switch you would have been voted out

AJ, Laurel, thank you so much for your answers. I have a hard choice ahead of me, one much harder than I expected going into this FTC

Alright. My vote is going in soon, so this will be my final statement to you finalists. I just want to clear up some misconceptions

Drook, I would not consider Laurel’s game just standard survivor. They made significant moves at every phase of the game. To be honest, some of them were misguided (cough cough Trace) and many didn’t work out, but at least they made an effort to affect the game. It was because of this that him and AJ rose to prominance - they worked hard to make their mark on the game

However, Laurel, I do want to refute one thing. You did not have as much control on the Fans as you say you did. I formed my core with Cleo and Mari right after your Aaron blindside, and I had also made an alliance with Blue and Mari just in case. I tried to get them to vote you out over Huston, but they wanted to go with challenge performance over trust. I have no doubt that if we had gone to another council before a switch you would have been voted out

AJ, Laurel, thank you so much for your answers. I have a hard choice ahead of me, one much harder than I expected going into this FTC
I compared Laurel's plays to what I did this game. As you can see, it wasn't much different. If you disagree, please clarify. The greatest mark Laurel made to the game was the fact that he put a lot of effort into winning consecutive challenges. That was great sure, but it wasn't a "play" in the standard sense. How did Laurel rose to prominence exactly? He never commanded any of the vote. I have to agree with you with the fact that Laurel did not have as much control as he likes to think in his own posts.

According to the fact that you did not thank me for my answers, I can expect that you will not vote for me and I respect your decision. One thing I want to say when you are deciding your vote is to not just sheep what AJ and Laurel is just claiming. Verify with facts and ignore their exaggerations. If you are just sheeping their claims, you have become the very thing you swore to destroy.

Thank you kindly.

I hope I did enough to earn your vote and through the admissions of Blue and Whydon you saw that it was my intention to work with you after the first blindside on me.

Well, the conservation seems to have died down. Considering it is voting time, I do not know if there will be more posts. I do hope my arguments do not get ignored and my points don't go unaddressed, especially about Laurel's "plays". So let me just say a few things:

When deciding on who to vote, and let's face it, from the reactions I'm getting, it's gonna be AJ vs Laurel: Do not let your feelings decide the game. Especially if you are not voting because you are allies, please read deeply into what they say. Don't take their words as if it's true. They ignore many things which I'm sure you already noticed, but from my point of view, they ignore my contributions to the game. Scrutinize their claims. I do not know how many votes I will be getting, but one thing I will not stand for is diminishing my contributions to the game. To the juries, if you had a role in their success, please point them out. Do not let AJ and Laurel think that they are always in control. Survivor is a team effort and to think they had control or did something all on their own is silly.

#DONOTSTANDFORINJUSTICE

Drookez, in my speech I actively acknowledged the players on the jury and how they helped me out. As I said, if it weren’t for people like Whydon who I knew would be cheering me on, I wouldn’t have made it this far.

You played a great game that got you to the end with minimal votes, bravo. But you didn’t do anything to rise from AJ’s shadow.

If you were making plays to win the game, you would’ve taken AJs idol at F6/F7, never played it, and blindsided him. That would’ve been... in the words of Cleo ... TEA.

Please stop twisting my words. I never said I was always in control, I said I was in control in the first part of the game. The only way to give myself control in the second half was to win immunity.

Drookez, in my speech I actively acknowledged the players on the jury and how they helped me out. As I said, if it weren’t for people like Whydon who I knew would be cheering me on, I wouldn’t have made it this far.

You played a great game that got you to the end with minimal votes, bravo. But you didn’t do anything to rise from AJ’s shadow.

Please stop twisting my words. I never said I was always in control, I said I was in control in the first part of the game. The only way to give myself control in the second half was to win immunity.
Reply to my post where I did everything you did.

Honestly, let's face it. We were both under AJ's shadow this whole time. We both did nothing to come out of AJ's shadow. When I played the Idol on OM, you called me names through AJ. You did not know at that time it was AJ's idol, which means you were under his influence and control. He played both of us. The difference is I was in the loop and you are not. I remained under AJ's shadow because I had his protection, you remained under his shadow because you were oblivious.

But I did everything you did and you said I made no big plays. You also made no big plays.
That's just a lie dude.

Honestly, let's face it. We were both under AJ's shadow this whole time. We both did nothing to come out of AJ's shadow. When I played the Idol on OM, you called me names through AJ. You did not know at that time it was AJ's idol, which means you were under his influence and control. He played both of us. The difference is I was in the loop and you are not. I remained under AJ's shadow because I had his protection, you remained under his shadow because you were oblivious.
AJ was under my shadow the first part of the game (albeit this was part of his strategy) constantly asking me "whats the plan". The difference was he listened to me and you listened to him.

I won't continue to answer you because you're just lying and on the defensive at this point.

To say that AJ played me has to be the biggest misconception I've ever heard. AJ should have gotten me voted out when Blue or Whydon went. I made it look like I wasn't a social threat or a challenge threat and thats why I'm here.

Also Drookez, did you blindside someone on your tribe who had an idol, because thats what I did with Aaron. Unfortunately, I couldn't beat Cleo to retrieving it, either the idol was put back into the game or Aaron didn't finish the jigsaw in time. I'm not sure if you knew this InfernoDragon (I think you've submitted your vote but wanted you to know).

Drookez, your gameplay is the opposite from mine, I played the game to win, you played the game to follow your friends. Neither choice is right, neither choice is wrong, but comparing the two of us isn't realistic

I'm not gonna say anything to you anymore because you won't even gonna read what Im saying anymore and call it a lie. How about we let ajhockeystar come and say whether he was under your shadow? I am also curious here, did Laurel convince you that he wasn't a threat?

ajhockeystar

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm not gonna say anything to you anymore because you won't even gonna read what Im saying anymore and call it a lie. How about we let ajhockeystar come and say whether he was under your shadow? I am also curious here, did Laurel convince you that he wasn't a threat?
I don't think I was ever under his shadow. Take you for example. People came and talked to only me because, as MK said, they knew I could secure your vote. I was never under Laurel's shadow because people knew they could come talk to me independently about my vote. Yes, I voted with Laurel, but I was always independent of him.

Laurel never convinced me he wasn't a threat by him telling me he was "abrasive" or any of that. He's here in FTC because of his immunity wins and because I was confident I could beat him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)