Tournament RUPL Commencement

YAHALLO FRIENDS!
Welcome to another edition of the illustrious [VoD]Metabeast UNBIASED POWER RANKINGS
im honestly too lazy to make a lineup for each team so we will just rank each roster as a whole.

Escavaliers:

This team is very...interesting to say the least? MrAldo seemed to be trying to pull off his best reyscarface impersonation for the later stages of the auction, upbidding seemingly everyone in sight. Whether that strategy was effective or not is up for debate...
MrAldo himself is known as a solid builder that helped the Wolfpack take home the SPL crown last year. His playing ability unfortunately does not mirror his capacity for building, however, as he often makes mistakes that lead to his downfall. Gama always seems to pull out wins in these tours as well so getting him for 14k is a solid buy. Rodri is an interesting pickup, but in this tour, I like his odds of putting up a pretty solid record with aldo's teams. It is at this point that the roster starts to get a little bit...dicey

I honestly didn't even know Gunner returned to Pokemon but ok I guess. He has the potential to live up to his price tag but I'm not sure I would have taken the risk. Lopunny Kicks puts up good records in SPL and Snake, but he's a bit of polarizing player in that a lot of people find him quite overrated. I don't really know if he plays RU either, so 10k seems kind of insane. Meru is a good pick-up for 8k considering his relative proficiency with the older gens. The loaf occasionally has decent performances but there's a reason the other teams abandoned him lol... Harris had a terrible SPL in his main tier but from what I saw in RUWC, he's decent enough for 8k I suppose, although I feel like he was a bit overpriced. And Sam is Sam. So.

Overall, this team is pretty mediocre and I don't really like their chances of doing anything too significant. If the tour players come through, then I suppose they have a small amount of upside.

Mismagius:

Evigaro had a solid SPL and should continue to carry over her success to RUPL. Gondra is an above average player and will have some good teams given to him. In this tour, I think he should do pretty solidly. robjr for 20k seems kind of absurd LOL like idk dude thats kind of a lot i would have expected he would be 11k maybe. He has potential but I wouldn't pay that much. Feliburn also seems like an overpay to me. I think he should be closer to 10k than 20k, since he often makes what he calls "Felis" and stunts to throw games away. He does provide building support, however. Fagtron is someone the mainers seem to obsess over every tour, despite having not done anything in an official tournament in like 8 years. People will point to his RUPL record from last season, but we all know how I evaluate players so I won't be going into that. The rest of this lineup is pretty garbage honestly LOL I don't think tko even plays RU. Amaroq and Trace seemed pretty bad from what I've seen...

Overall, this team has some nice pieces that will have to do the heavy lifting if they want to make a run. If the shittier players do something, they could definitely make the playoffs.

Salazzles:

I don't really think I would have gotten banks for 10k, so that seems like kind of an overpay. passion had some solid performances in SPL after finally being given a chance in an official team tour. The lower level of competition in RUPL should bode well for him and allow him to perform admirably. SV for 15.5k is a steal if he actually cares. Of course, his League addiction and absence from the game is baked into his lowered price, so overall this was a solid buy imo. Santu has some hype around him, but I haven't really been impressed with him at all in SPL. He's played pretty badly in ORAS, and I don't really consider him to be that good. zom was on Garay's nuts after SPL, and he did have some solid showings in addition to a fire Snake. He has potential. Osh seems kind of overrated, especially in RU. I don't think roman is good either so.

Overall, this team has some decent pieces, but is definitely on the lower end of the spectrum. Perhaps the power of the Sisters Jerk can unlock their full potential.

Liquidators:

This team has a solid core of Finchinator + Kushalos. Finch always manages to put up solid BW records in this tour, and I'm sure the trend will continue. Kushalos is a master ORAS builder and can easily pick up wins in this tour. Unfortunately, this is when the team begins to get a little bit more sketchy. KW was exposed in RUWC and SPL, and many people are skeptical whether he is good at all. This tour is easier than SPL, so perhaps he can recreate some of his Snake magic. Hikari for sub-10k is a steal, provided his country actually gets their electricity back...yeah. They also picked up resident RUWC superstar Necrozma, who I suppose has a small amount of potential. Everyone's favorite unofficial tryhard Durza is also in this team. Although he makes some very questionable plays at times, he will for sure treat this like his SPL / World Cup and ensure the chat will be full of activity. He may also build teams for others. Leru would have been a good pick, but after this SPL, I'm not really sure...and FV is a ghosting slot heat.

Overall, this team seems pretty lackluster. If Finch and Kushalos hard carry, Hikari's country has its electricity restored, Durza's builds wreak havoc in the tour, and KW's clicker tendencies bring him to glory as it did in Snake, this team could perhaps do something. However, that is a lot of things that have to go right for them to succeed. I definitely wouldn't bank on it.

Kinglax:

Arifeen took the bold step of retaining Lycans, who faces the same issues as Hikari. So...time will tell. Arifeen himself is solid at ORAS and should be able to easily wrack up some wins. I don't really think Diogo is good at all, but maybe in RUPL he can find success. Arifeen also must have thought that ADV or GSC RU was in this tour, because otherwise, I don't really get how you can justify spending over 24k for BKC LMAO HELLO man that's absurd LOOL WHAT IS HE DOING BRO. Sage was pretty bad in SPL and I wouldn't start her in an official tour for sure. The rest of this lineup is pretty dicks and I'm not gonna go into it.

If they add DPP, ADV, GSC, and RBY to this tour and BKC can hard carry like 5 slots, this team will make playoffs.

Tony Flygons:

This team starts off with the ruiners core of CS + Pearl. ChillShadow is solid enough to perform very well in this tour. Pearl should also do wonderfully. august is arguably the best BW RU player, and should smash most of the competition. Pearl also apparently got over his SPL 9 PTSD, and picked up the big justice bread. I'm not too high on him, but hey, he has a ring. J0RIS is decent I suppose. The rest of this team seems pretty unimpressive and irrelevant so I'm not gonna waste my time.

This team has some solid pieces I suppose, and if they start ghosting some of the slots they could definitely make some noise. Otherwise...yeah.

Mudsdales:

Ajna is probably the best ORAS RU player and should destroy the tour. blunder and leon should also do very well with the team support provided by Ajna. Windsong's probably the 2nd best BW RUer right now, and should annihilate most of the pool. This team also features...lax? LOOL did ruwc not happen or something bros? LOL i mean, he was definitely like 4k too cheap but. obii was miraculously like the same price he was in SPL. Maybe against this subpar group of losers, he can put up a solid record. He has Ajna teams anyway. teal and Dundies should both do solidly enough with the team support provided as well; I've always been relatively high on Dundies compared to the field I would say. Tony will manage the team from the shadows and ima can sub in when blunder occasionally decides to not show up.

Overall, this is very obviously the best team. I'm not really go into it like. I'm not really sure how the other managers managed to fuck this up so badly, but hey, it's RUPL. The best team only wins like 1/4 of the time.

Vivillons:

The Vivillons Drapions are back for yet another edition of NUPL RUPL. The team starts off with the legendary eternally + rozes core, which is very easy to pick up since half the site hates rozes and thinks he's terrible. In this pool, I like their odds of doing pretty solidly. They also have TDK, whose skill level manages to drop 80% whenever he touches RU. Logically, he should do very well, but we will see. FLCL should continue to farm some wins in BW by using one of the same 2 teams every week for like the 6th RUPL in a row. 49 will be solid if he actually cares, and can provide some building support. Charmflash has been very solid in SPL, so you have to like his chances to at least do decently with proper team support. The other players on this team seem pretty useless, so who cares.

Overall, this team has a very strong foundation for success. This draft definitely fell off hard, but they still possess a wealth of talent that can easily give the Mudsdales a run for the crown.

Overall Rankings:

1. Mudsdales

2. Drapions / Vivillons

ok. I've been staring at my screen for 10 minutes trying to figure this out and I can't dude LMAO this is impossible. HOW ARE ALL OF THESE TEAMS SO BAD WTF I have no idea how to rank this shit honestly. The Mudsdales are definitely the best team, and the Vivillons are pretty clearly second.
sigh.

3. Escavaliers
4. Mismagius
5. Flygons
6. Kinglax
7 / 8: Salazzles or Liquidators idk i cant anymore LMAO

In all honesty, these teams are absurdly close together. They're all fucking terrible and way worse than the first two teams. I can't believe I put the stupid fucking loaf team in 3rd NA LMAO I'm not doing this. It physically hurt me to put the Escavaliers 3rd so. All these teams are dogshit and you should all be ashamed for drafting them.

In all honesty, these teams are absurdly close together. They're all fucking terrible and way worse than the first two teams. I can't believe I put the stupid fucking loaf team in 3rd NA LMAO I'm not doing this. It physically hurt me to put the Escavaliers 3rd so. All these teams are dogshit and you should all be ashamed for drafting them.
could've been worse, we could've drafted

lemme know if durza's team still won't let you in my man, maybe you can have a home here if you ask nicely enough

also Windsong

dear rarelyused moderators,

the linoone liquidators are formally requesting for the 4 letter tag for replays to be changed from the utterly atrocious "[LINO]" to something more aesthetically pleasing and representative of our team. we are a very inspired team, with our manager giving us at least one motivational speech in the announcements channel every single day. we think that our tag should reflect the explosiveness and energy that our team has. therefore, we would like the tag in the replay thread to be changed to [AQUA], since we are the AQUA Linoones and it is a significantly better tag than whatever the hell [LINO] is. thank you in advance for your compliance.

sincerely,
the AQUA Linoones

SM: FLCL vs Kingler12345 FLCL is good, but Kingler is an SPL Level RU player. In all seriousness, I think Kingler is skilled enough that he can overcome any differential with a decent amount of effort, so i’d give him the edge.
SM: TDK vs Averardo Averardo is by now an experienced RU main, consistently able to play around the metagame. TDK, while competent across many more tiers, generally gives consistently middling performances in tournaments like this.
SM: Eternally vs HarrisIsAwesome A good match, both have experience in the tier, I just think Eternally is overall the better player.
SM: Charmflash vs Rodriblutar Rodriblutar is consistently heat, can’t go against him.
ORAS: rozes vs Eternal Spirit Eternal Spirit has been spazzier than his normal self in these kinds of tournaments as of late, but if he puts in effort he’s one of the best players the site has so...
ORAS: TSR vs MrAldo Not qualified to give an opinion, I saw TSR win a lot of games
BW: Kiyo vs Raichy Raichy is one of the few people who understands this tier, how to build in it
BW: col49 vs Lopunny Kicks Activity

——-

SM: yjh971203 vs teal6
SM: Osh vs ict Plays like a crackhead, but way better than most.
SM: roman vs BLUNDER SANTANA romans had a lot of cool success by innovating with their builds and playing well, but Blunder is on enough of a hot streak that they probably care about this game, and is a standard deviation above any of the opponents roman has had to face thus far in terms of skill
SM: passion vs lax Lax probably somewhat better of a player, passions better at RU and less likely to throw
ORAS: banks vs Ajna ORAS.
ORAS: Santu vs obii Win streak.
BW: SilentVerse vs Windsong Great respect for both of these players, both been having some middling to tough results. Windsong I’d probably regard as better on the whole, but Silent Verse has had a better time wrangling with the bw meta
BW: pinktidal vs Dundies Pinktidal has had an insane hot steak (broken only by yours truly), while Dundies has been on the verge of cancering

DurzaOffTopic, you toxic, cancerous, bootlicking, childish, floundering, idiotic, homophobic, irredeemable, pestilential, useless, inept, nematode. My management was probably decently subpar but you have been threatening to cancer since day 1, provides terrible SM teams which well underperformed those which i provided, literally disappeared for weeks at time, and popped in only to passively insult me whilst contributing nothing. How dare you complain about my management, when you were barely afforded the opportunity to be on the team over others who probably would have been eager and gracious. Another thing, the lineup changes were the only thing that was keeping the team alive after it floundered since we could barely win an ORAS game. The fact that my team, with admittedly some of my draft falling well below standard, came as close as it did to playoffs is proof of my management being at least somewhat trying. Honestly, I generally ignore responding to this sort of stuff, but give me a break...
I hate to indulge in you any further but your team was only staying afloat because of the efforts of the rest of the team, specifically Yay and Finch. I've never seen a manager have to tag one of their players to deal with defending activity before, and you did it multiple times throughout this tour after you showed how incompetent you were at sticking up for your players.

My teams went very positive when I provided them, with almost every loss with them stemming from your good friend MAGMA konzern throwing away 100% wins. I find it hilarious how you shittalk me like you've been performing real great in SMRU recently. Nice SPL dude. Heard word on the street is that you asked to be ghosted there as well LMAO. You say stuff like this and
but i knocked you out of the most recent seasonal in round 2.

Your entire team couldn't stand your managing, and you just turned a blind eye to it and attempted to pass your burning ship off to finch and yay who somehow managed to stop the team from falling apart. I have no issue with a bad draft. It happens, things don't go as planned. But when you ridicule your players and refuse to acknowledge anybody but people you want clout from (see: sig and finch) its just unacceptable.

The reason finch vouched for me by asking you to draft me this year is because he saw how I could work when in a good environment like I did last year. You created an environment where your players couldn't approach you without fear of getting bitched at or benched and you ridiculed them for trying to give teams for your players to use. Yay came to me privately during the season asking for my opinion because you made him feel so bad about his game and his playing by calling his builds "bad and cookie cutter" despite all the work he put in every single day of the season. I wish I could get logs of all the times you were being destructive as a manager but you nuked every channel as soon as the season ended because you had something to hide.

I'm glad you can use your flex thesaurus to insult me with big words. All I'm saying is that you were a bad manager and mistreated your players and you throw a dozen and a half personal insults at me just because I didn't lick your boots. Come on man. Give credit to Yay and Finch for the work they did to save your team, stop trying to claim it, and maybe change your attitude towards people. It's not very nice.

and hey, if you were only "memeing" and baiting with this post, then i guess you got me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)