Tournament UUPL VII - Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader

(banner by HotFuzzBall, butchered by me—I drew that altaria myself! rip clanger)
The UnderUsed Premier League VII - Week 3
STANDINGS (credit to The Kyle)
Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers (6)
vs.
(4)
Goldenrod City Grunts

SM UU: CBU vs. HarrisIsAwesome
SM UU: vivalospride vs. McMeghan
SM UU: passion vs. Sun
SM UU: hs vs. Freeroamer
ORAS UU: dingbat vs. Killintime
BW UU: Alkione vs. r0ady
DPP UU: Donphantastic vs. Heroic Troller
ADV UU: Noitu vs. crayon pop
GSC UU: Sinkyr vs. Earthworm
Bo3: lax vs. Finchinator
Driftveil City Doctors (4)
vs.
(6) Mikan Island Monsters

SM UU: Amane Misa vs. TDK
SM UU: Adaam vs. Osh
SM UU: SilvioGuacamole vs. Poek
SM UU: Amukamara vs. Eyan
ORAS UU: Highways vs. Garay oak
BW UU: mael vs. col49
DPP UU: BKC vs. august
ADV UU: Finding True Love vs. Plas
GSC UU: Diophantine vs. HSA
Bo3: robjr vs. Pearl

Ruin Valley Rangers (5)
vs.
(5) Route 30 Youngsters

SM UU: Lycans vs. Scizorphobic
SM UU: Gondra vs. FLCL
SM UU: Indigo Plateau vs. Lopunny Kicks
SM UU: Darksafadao vs. elodin
ORAS UU: Wanka vs. Eternal Spirit
BW UU: Hikari vs. KratosMana
DPP UU: Kushalos vs. Gilbert arenas
ADV UU: Raichy vs. Sam I Yam
GSC UU: alive vs. choolio
Bo3: Accelgor vs. ict

Iki Town Idols (7)
vs.
(3) Blackthorn City Battle Girls

SM UU: Sage vs. Amaroq
SM UU: Shiba vs. explodingdaisies
SM UU: yeezyknows vs. Bouff
SM UU: Charmflash vs. itsjustdrew
ORAS UU: Teddeh vs. Hogg
BW UU: Chill Shadow vs. EviGaro
DPP UU: fatty vs. Heysup
ADV UU: Mazz vs. The Kyle
GSC UU: kaori vs. xJoelituh
Bo3: HT vs. Kink

Some reminders and clarification:
The Bo3 is in SM, ORAS, and BW. The series can be played in any order as long as both players agree on said order. If players cannot agree, default to SM first with the loser picking the next one.

Baton Pass is banned from ADV and DPP, but not banned in BW.

NFE Pokemon are banned in ADV UU as per standard ADV UU rules.

All standard tournament rules apply.

The deadline is Sunday, April 21 at 11PM GMT -5 (4AM GMT April 22).

Last edited:

yeezyknows

Banned deucer.
doing the SM predicts instead cuz silvio likes peen

friends vs grunts

SM UU: CBU vs. HarrisIsAwesome (55-45)- harris did get robbed last week, but CBU and his patented nido/mmane teams are fresh asf when he pilots them. i expect harris to bounce back as his skill cap warrants it, but it might not be in this game

SM UU: vivalospride vs. McMeghan (60-40) mcm has the tournament pedigree behind him that viv lacks in spades. mcm also def has the outplay factor behind him but it's impossible to predict what he'll use, so viv could easily steal a win if mcm uses groundvally or other wack shit again

SM UU: passion vs. Eternally (60-40) eternally is a much stronger player imo, and passion's building support, while numerous in amount, is definitely lesser in quality than that of eternally. passion is a strong player, but eternally and his teams def have a sizeable edge.

SM UU: hs vs. Freeroamer (50-50) heater, heater mu. i'm really high on HS as a player despite him getting beaten by elodin last week, and roamer's no slouch either when it comes to playing. expecting a super close game barring any surprises.

doctors vs monsters

SM UU: Amane Misa vs. TDK (55-45) i'm super high on misa and lower on TDK than most, but TDK should be favored in this mu, as his playing ceiling is likely higher than that of misa's. misa could easily surprise though, as she's proven to be one of the most innovative builders in uu in recent memory.

SM UU: Adaam vs. Osh (65-35) adaam is flames, osh hasn't shown too much in UU recently, strong edge to adaam.

SM UU: SilvioGuacamole vs. Poek (60-40) baptism in fire for our boy silvio, poek's playing ceiling is immense, and with both pearl and his own building behind him, I don't expect a loss here.

SM UU: Amukamara vs. Eyan (55-45) i've been high on amukamara since he beat me in masters with non-liquid voice echoed voice rina and z-shaymin, and despite being 0-2, i do think he's a strong player. eyan, however, does have a higher playing ceiling, and should be favored in this mu. commitment from eyan is definitely a question, but as long as he's getting his games done he's a force to be reckoned with.

youngsters vs rangers

SM UU: Lycans vs. Mana (70-30) the 30 percent mana has here comes 20% from lycans' maduro internet and 10% from that fresh ass scarf final gambit lucario set he used last week. good lord that was hot. playing wise, i do give a strong edge to lycans here, and his metagame knowledge skews the MU massively in his favor.

SM UU: Gondra vs. FLCL (60-40) i favor pak/IP/gondra building over the two bums the youngsters have slaving away in the back, FLCL's natural playing ability gives him the 40% here, but Gondra is also flames at UU.

SM UU: Indigo Plateau vs. Lopunny Kicks (50-50) punny def has a higher playing ceiling, but admittedly not by too much, as IP is no slouch in his own right- as shown by his ost performance. were it solely based on playing ability vs playing ability, it'd be 60-40 in punny's favor. however, IP does have a significant building advantage, particularly when considering punny's preoccupation with OST and the dregs that the youngsters have building for them.

SM UU: Darksafadao vs. elodin (50-50) safa is so hot dude, last week when he clapped my team out of the week by HARDING maero on cb trick metagross was when i truly realized how fire the churrasco menace was. elodin is no slouch blah blah blah, solid tournament player, etc. should be a great game.

SM UU: Sage vs. Amaroq WE
SM UU: Shiba vs. explodingdaisies CLAPPIN
SM UU: yeezyknows vs. Bouff THESE
SM UU: Charmflash vs. itsjustdrew FOOLS LOOOOL

justdrew

is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Avocados aren’t in season and due to high demand (and before SM games start happening) I will do PRs. Edit: Sniped by Yeezy :fukyu:

SM UU: CBU (60) vs. (40) HarrisIsAwesome - 2 weeks in and CBU has already dominated with his staple offense builds. I think right now CBU has the edge in confidence and with the backing of pure friendship I don’t think he can lose. His ballsy plays are going to lead him to a very successful season.
SM UU: vivalospride (30) vs. (70) McMeghan - Hate to bet against viv because I want him to be successful but Roro has experience on his side. He had a very successful last season and has much more confidence than viv who is trying to find his stride.
SM UU: passion (45) vs. (55) Eternally - I have to go with Eternally here because I’ve barely seen passion play UU. Eternally has the backing of a solid SM squad as well as more experience in the tier.
SM UU: hs (51) vs. (49) Freeroamer - Both skilled players and this is anyone’s game imo. HS has recently popped off doing very well in masters and I think he can pull a fast one on Freeroamer.

SM UU: Amane Misa (40) vs. (60) TDK - If TDK doesn’t bring stall team he’s used all season he can win this game. He’s a seasoned veteran and with the championship Pearl + Poek core behind him he should be able to win. Misa definitely can win this matchup and I think this is a highlight game this week.
SM UU: Adaam (60) vs. (40) Osh - Adaam has a lot more experience and knowledge of the tier which gives him the edge over Osh. Osh is an all around great Pokémon player but I don’t see Adaam losing this game bad a really bad matchup.
SM UU: SilvioGuacamole (55) vs. (45) Poek - Silvio has done very well for his first UUPL. He has played more UU than Poek and has displayed a lot more interest in the tier. Poek is the more skilled player overall but I think right now Silvio has the tools to win
SM UU: Amukamara (51) vs. (49) Eyan - Anyone’s game really. Eyan is coming off a huge break from the game and Amukamara just hit his stride winning masters by upsetting the King of UU. Based off time played and recent success I have to give the edge to Amuka.

SM UU: Lycans (65) vs. (35) Mana - Lycans has been a top tier UU player for a while now with a lot of success in tours. If his internet doesn’t die... Mana hasn’t had the best start to the season and with another tough matchup I don’t know if he can overcome.
SM UU: Gondra (60) vs. (40) FLCL - Gondra has a better read for the tour and coming hot off a majors win I think he can beat FLCL.
SM UU: Indigo Plateau (50) vs. (50) Lopunny Kicks - Both OU players with good success in UU and very good support. Anyone’s game.
SM UU: Darksafadao (55) vs. (45) elodin - Safa is 2-0, this guy is going off. Elodin is good but I have to hand it to MISCELLANEOSAURUS.

SM UU: Sage vs. Amaroq DON’T
SM UU: Shiba vs. explodingdaisies SPEAK
SM UU: yeezyknows vs. Bouff TOO
SM UU: Charmflash vs. itsjustdrew SOON

Last edited:

Pak

fly higher
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Someone do old gens predicts tf imagine adding headass gsc and yet providing no hype
gotchu

ORAS UU: dingbat vs Killintime - Bro in my completely unbiased opinion, killintime is fire flames. Even though it's been in the form of fat shit, seeing the type of stuff he's been whipping out the last couple weeks has been p refreshing as a general fan of the shitty tier that is ORAS. Dingbat did beat ES last week, but it's hard to go against big killintime after he got his lunch money stolen by the hax gods last week.
ORAS UU: Highways vs Garay Oak - Highways has struggled to get his footing in ORAS over the last couple years, while Garay has taken a noticeable interest in the tier to my knowledge, as well as being a generally solid player overall. Combine that with his superior team support and he should have a solid edge in this game.
ORAS UU: Hogg vs Teddeh - Ugh this is a really hard one, mainly because I know first hand how annoying it is to prep for Teddeh. While his team selections are mostly limited, they cover a wide variety of the metagame between them. I think this will mostly come down to what Hogg comes up with to counteract these tendencies, which definitely isn't out of the question considering he's shown to be a creative builder in the past. Although, Teddeh is probably the better pure player of the two, so I'll give him a small edge in this matchup.
Wanka play your game

Accel

arise
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Someone do old gens predicts tf imagine adding headass gsc and yet providing no hype
If you say so!

BW UU: Alkione (30) vs. r0ady (70) - r0ady's take on bw is really solid and he's got some great support from finch to boot. Last time I played Alkione he loaded up a sample and put up a decent fight; if he puts in the work then I could easily see this one being a close showdown. Still, I favor r0ady's more reliable foundational knowledge over alkione's relative inexperience and would give him a sizable edge here.

BW UU: mael (40) vs. col49 (60) - mael's had a bit of a rough start to the tour and col will be playing his first bw game of the tour this week. Their team choices have been appealing, both in the past and thus far, but I feel as if col has a better handle on the nuances of the tier coupled with the creativity boost that pearl and ben can offer. Hopefully we can all get to see the two of them duke it out, fingers crossed.

BW UU: Chill Shadow (45) vs. EviGaro (55) - Both players have done well for themselves thus far, as each of them have gone 2-0 to start the tour. Evigaro's builds have stood out to me as the more creative and straightforward ones to take advantage of some typical trends, while Chill Shadow's been going with a more tried-and-true approach. I think I favor the creativity here, but this seems to have the potential to be another close bout.

Go rangers

kaori

Fully Automated Gay Space Communism
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
GSC UU: Diophantine (40) vs. HSA (60) - HSA didn't look phenomenal last week, but turn 1 of Dio's game last week made me wish I didn't have eyes so it'll be interesting to see who ends up rebounding better. hoping to see dio stray from the course a little more, he has a good knowledge of the tier but his teams have sorta just been the same spikes balance the past two weeks with a couple changes. on the other hand HSA unleashed a really cool zap cannon slowbro so im looking forward to seeing what he brings this time around

GSC UU: alive (55) vs. choolio (45) - alive gets an edge here simply because it's anyone's guess as to whether or not choolio actually shows up to play. if he does, it should be a pretty even game, with alive having two good showings while choolio has a much stronger GSC resume as a whole but not a ton of public uu play. probly my highlight of the week if the game actually happens

GSC UU: Sinkyr (40) vs. Earthworm (60) - this game will probably be a lot closer than the names involved would have you think, sinkyr has made some cool teams so far but its just a little too hard to reasonably predict against worms here. worms hasnt been slacking on his teambuilding either, bringing a unique granbull and a resttalk pinsir last week while sinkyr brought a cool piloswine set that matched up real well vs anti's bp. should be the best game of the week team-wise, hoping that the gameplay is also as enjoyable

do more gsc predicts i like reading them :pirate:

go idols!!!!

I guess I'll do my part with the low effort post and attempt to complete the quint?fecta

DPP UU: Donphantastic (75) vs. (25) Heroic Troller - Honestly, Donny P. is a little fuckin' insane in this tier. Every morning I that I log onto PS I get 32436892734983565834 challenges from him because he's somehow built just as many new teams in the blink of an eye. This tour's probably motivated him to eat sleep and breathe DPP UU and it shows. He's rolling up into this 2-0 after winning pretty convincingly vs fatty week 1 and outplaying the living hell out of marcop in the end of his week 2 game. He's got every wacky and unorthodox set or team comp you could ever dream of in his builder and really manages to spice up what everyone thinks is the boring Clef/Milo/Registeel tier. Meanwhile, Troller hasn't been doing so hot this tour, but I know he's got the capacity to bring it back later in the tournament; I just have a hard time believing that Donny P will be the one he pulls out a W against.

DPP UU: Kushalos vs. Gilbert arenas - lemayo

DPP UU: fatty (40) vs. (60) Heysup - I think I have to give Heysup the edge here simply given that fatty was probably a known (and now proven) activity risk lmao. Donny P Shut fatty out pretty well week 1, while Heysup did the same to Troller with some double ghost goodness. Either way, fatty can contend with the best of 'em when he puts the effort forth, so I can't count him out too much. I'd count on him to win if Heysup plays the way he did last week which was pretty frustrating for us since he threw CB (with Molt?) Donphan out fishing for the Toxicroak to miss +2 Focus Blast and got rewarded instead of going Moltres to force it out (seriously no offense to Heysup in this, I just have to describe the game a little bit in detail since there's no replay, though I am obviously biased here). So if fatty plays 100% accurate moves vs nonsense like that, he'll probably pull out a W. Otherwise, I'm looking forward to a top-of-the-line game between these two.

Not to toot our own horn but I'm really looking forward to BKC v august, I've been promised a spicy game that shows all you new kids how the old school DPP dudes do it. Only 100% accurate moves and Lucky Chant coming out on our end, too. Look forward to it.

WEDNESDAY GUYS, WEDNESDAY. THEY WERE COMING

Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers vs. Goldenrod City Grunts

SM UU: CBU (55) vs. (45) HarrisIsAwesome: CBU carried his good form on from last week, taking out Mana despite scarf Final Gambit Lucario's best efforts and is back this week against Harris, who starts 0-2 after an unfortunate endgame last week versus Eyan and a slightly messy week 1 versus Kory. It's hard to favour Harris here based off form alone, but he clearly has a high skill ceiling and should present a tougher challenge to CBU than last week.
SM UU: vivalospride (35) vs. (65) McMeghan: McMeghan is 2-0 despite a dogged refusal to use ground types and seems to have found a nice groove in the meta, picking up the upwards trending Reuni, Cune and Mienshao over the last few weeks, with the week 1 squad seeing some usage over UULT too. viv starts 0-2 after being on the receiving end of a slightly weird game versus FLCL last week, and faces a hell of a challenge if he is to start to turn his record around at this juncture. However, he definitely has a chance in the builder if the friends are able to pick up on anything exploitable in McM's varied building. Or if he brings an electric type.
SM UU: passion (49) vs. (51) Eternally: Small edge to Eternally here, who should really be 0-2 but was bailed out by a timely Draco miss last week. He's brought some pretty cool teams, however, and seems to be relatively comfortable up in UU, but it's difficult to give more than a small edge here. As for passion, we didn't get to see much last week due to Punny bringing that nasty Cress/Lazzle build that really should never have been allowed to exist, but it's good af so :shrug:.
SM UU: hs (49) vs. (51) Freeroamer: Roamer lost vs TDK piloting Pearl Stall last week, and I'm not convinced that he shouldn't have won that one with a daunt in the back, but unfortunately he let it get burnt by risking it on Quag. Small edge here as I think he's still slightly more solid than hs, but hs will be looking for his first UUPL win here and it's definitely not out to the question for him to pick it up here.

Ruin Valley Rangers vs. Route 30 Youngsters

SM UU: Lycans (65) vs. (35) Mana: ict must really hate Mana lmfao he's had some pretty rough matchups the last few weeks, and Lycans is no exception. He was top of the PR for a reason, and despite a slight wobble (by which I mean a frozen Ferroseed walling an entire team, rank that shit) last week, I don't really see him dropping this one. He has more solid build support too, altho he has to fear the stray scarf gambit Lucario :blobsweats:
SM UU: Gondra (55) vs. (45) FLCL: FLCL won at preview versus Poek last week cause Reuni is fucking broken. Majors champion Gondra picked up a nice win versus HT last week, and in an even matchup I expect him to take this.
SM UU: Indigo Plateau (51) vs. (49) Lopunny Kicks: I'm giving Indigo the smallest of edges in what is the OST final in a couple of other timelines... Indigo's victory versus Sage last week showed he can keep up with the big guns in UU as well as OU, and Lop Kicks, while his week 1 win was nice, has other commitments this week, and won't be able to rock up with Cress/Lazzle against a more UU-focused opponent. Should be a good watch, and gl to Punny in OST!
SM UU: Darksafadao (49) vs. (51) elodin: This all-Brazilian matchup is a bit of a weird one in my eyes: Safa is 2-0 after subbing in twice and elodin thought Klekfi was a Tsareena counter, but I'm not entirely sold on Safa yet. The game vs PDT last week was pretty fire though, and Safa does deserve some credit for taking out Misa week 1, but I'm giving elodin a tiny edge here, cause Safa gotta lose eventually, right?

Iki Town Idols vs. Blackthorn City Battle Girls

SM UU: Sage (55) vs. (45) Amaroq: Both of these players will be looking to bounce back after slightly disappointing losses last week, Sage to Indigo and Amaroq to Adaam. Favouring Sage here as I see her as slightly more solid in this meta, and I wasn't too impressed by Amaroq last week. This one could definitely go either way, though.
SM UU: Shiba (60) vs. (40) explodingdaisies: Shiba's back in SM for a change of scenery from BO3, and his first test is daisies, who clutched out a win against Amukamara to win week 2 (lan bax). Even so, it's pretty hard to favour him here over UU's premiere Blissey Wielder, even if he hasn't brought one in SM tey. Just saying... Anyway, Shiba probably takes this unless daisies manages to make as solid a matchup pick as he did last week.
SM UU: yeezyknows (60) vs. (40) Bouff: Mr Cheesythrows is 2-0 after picking up a CroCune win in the way only he can, while Bouff subbed out. The yeezy + charmflash build core struck again, too, yeezy rocking up with his classic formula. It's tough to go against yeezy here, so I guess we get another 60/40.
SM UU: Charmflash (60) vs. (40) itsjustdrew: Charmflash seems to have created a monster in Ferroseed, and it carried him to a really nice win versus Lycans last week. This follows on from a Moutemoute bop week 1, using Virizion of all things. On the other hand, I was impressed by drew's prep last week and he put me in a couple rough spots, so he definitely has the tools to challenge Charmflash if he can pick up on some of his building tendencies and pack some answers to the barely viable grass types. Decent edge to Charmflash here, as he's obviously able to outplay a poor matchup, but this could go either way for sure.

Let's go Doctors, this is our week!!

Poek and I have scheduled for tomorrow (Thursday) at 7pm GMT + 1, hoping for a good one :))

Last edited:
DPP UU: Donphantastic (75) vs. (25) Heroic Troller - Honestly, Donny P. is a little fuckin' insane in this tier. Every morning I that I log onto PS I get 32436892734983565834 challenges from him because he's somehow built just as many new teams in the blink of an eye. This tour's probably motivated him to eat sleep and breathe DPP UU and it shows.
Is it bad that I hide on alts to avoid being spammed with dpp uu challenges from him?
love you donny uwu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)