Tournament UUPL VII - Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won in a close one vs round 6 uu open participant itsjustew https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-436835

May your future opponents disable their discord notifications
Not that it's my place to say what should or shouldn't be posted but I find the above kind of trash talk to be immature and unnecessary. As far as I can tell, drew was perfectly polite to you, and if it's TDK that has beef with drew I see no reason why you should feel the need to air it like this. If it makes you feel good to gang up with friends on a less popular user, maybe you should reevaluate how you get your kicks.

Not that it's my place to say what should or shouldn't be posted but I find the above kind of trash talk to be immature and unnecessary. As far as I can tell, drew was perfectly polite to you, and if it's TDK that has beef with drew I see no reason why you should feel the need to air it like this. If it makes you feel good to gang up with friends on a less popular user, maybe you should reevaluate how you get your kicks.
Let me correct you on a few verifiably wrong assumptions before I go ahead and explain to you why its morally ok to make fun of people for doing dumb things.

- '...TDK that has beef with drew I see no reason why you should feel the need to air it like this'
I dont know how you could possibly assume that TDK has beef with drew from that screenshot it was merely meant to display the comedic behavior drew displayed when being confronted by the realization that TDK was in fact the user hes been talking shit to and bragging about his round 6 uu open success.

- 'If it makes you feel good to gang up with friends'
I didnt gang up with anybody, I posted a screenshot of his own actions in a public place where most of the people reacting to my post I have barely ever spoken to.

If you dont give people feedback on their behavior in every day life they will continue to exert said behavior which will ultimately just come back to bite them since whenever they interact with another person that person will form their own opinion on them whether they disclose it or not but it will affect their relationship.

Let me ask you this: what is the worst that can happen to drew as a result of my post? People will perhaps mock him for his lack of backbone or the fact that he thinks reaching the sixth round of the uu open is an extraordinary accomplishment but that too is a valuable life experience and it will ultimately just help him in the future.

Social justice like this post of yours truly irritates me, you barely know anything about any aspect of the entire situation yet you feel the need to call me out on the basis of nothing, asking me to censor myself for the gain of nobody.

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
if ur gonna chat shit then u should be able to take it back without any complaints. i've seen drew act like a bit of a twat and shit talk people for no reason on plenty of occasions - it's pretty much the only reason i've heard of him. if ur gonna behave that way then you simply have to accept when others do it back. why the need to jump to his defence as if he's an innocent victim when it's not the case?

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Some people should reflect inward and ask themselves if this is the best way to deal with a young guy who clearly struggles with some stuff and could probably use your help versus your loudmouth nonsense. This is Pokemon. We're all here because we love the game. It really isn't too much to ask to remain a decent human being while communicating with other human beings, even if the other side isn't measuring up to your standards of conduct.

Don't let other people dictate how you operate. There is nothing anybody on this site can say to me that warrants slinging public shit around.

I am personally very against attacking individuals in this tier. This is not what UU stands for and we, collectively, have zero tolerance for this shit.

You want to help make this community a better place? Put in the time and the work. Please do not act like a victim or be surprised if your posts that attack individuals get removed.

I'd like the conversation to end here, let's have a great remainder to UUPL w3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)