Team Monotype World Cup - Finals [Won by US East]

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Last edited:
US East (7) vs Canada (1)

USUM: Chaitanya vs EviGaro - Chaits like top 3 right now and while EviGaro had a good showing I can't see Chait losing here
USUM: Star vs Waszap - while less mono experience, playwise he's better and he'll be supplied a good enough team
USUM: Wincon vs JytCampbell - Wincon has returned to the wincon of old
ORAS: Wanka vs EricsaysHi - i mean eric hasnt really impressed at all and wankas wanka
BW: Sabella vs KuraiTenshi26 - lol not much to say here, i dont think sabella will lose to pursuit skarm?
AAA: Metariolu7 vs Jrdn - Jdrn's actually p good at this tier as he beat spl champion lax....that aside edging riolu still
STABmons: power vs Funbot28 - idk who this is but must be powerful
Monothreat: obii vs Kev - had to give Canada a win here tbh and Kev's been winning in this tier

that aside props to Canada for making it to finals with an underdog team, on paper it looks like you'll lose horribly but maybe y'all can pull it off

Kev

Part of the journey is the end
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Grats to East! Sucks that we couldn't stop the East's domination in mons, but kudos to you guys for having suck a strong comeback despite a bad early season

As for Canada, sad end to a great run but I am proud of our team, I'm glad my first finals and best tour was with you guys. Everyone had us down as the "worst", not expecting us to do too well because we lacked apparently star power. Happy to see that we proved everyone wrong on that front. I don't regret defending that Canada can make its own lineup instead of merging with LA like it was being suggested. Was great getting to know some of you that I didn't really talk to beforehand! Hopefully we'll get another occasion to team together, to win it all. A big s/o to other playoff teams UK and Asia who delivered much better than people expected them to.

Waszap Couldn't have done it without you, thanks for handling the teams since I've been so out of reg mono and don't even know the OMs. Gave you a lot of trouble about your types being predictable but you did deliver with the counter c-teams pretty often. Just make sure your mons have the right abilities and the sets are actual legal! Also, don't be so hard on teammates

KuraiTenshi26 When we heard about mono doing a WC, I definitely wanted Zap to talk to you and dondy about signing up because I thought you could definitely deliver. I'm gonna be honest, I was a bit reluctant about putting you in BW since I've only seen you play SM but you really delivered. Congrats on such a nice record in your first tour, in a tier you hadn't played before. Thanks for picking up the BW slack, since it is the only tier we had absolutely no coverage for while all the other teams had someone who played during BW / played BW in tour before. While some of your wild sets stressed me, you surprised every time.

Jrdn Another person I knew I wanted on the team as soon as talks of the tour began. Delivered some really good wins for us, unfortunate that you got so many awful mus (only way you lose). Was great teaming with you again after MWP and getting to know you better!

Funbot28 The other half of the OM core I was excited to have. Really nice person and ofc of higher quality than the rest as a fellow QC user. You had some very unlucky games, definitely better than what your record shows

EviGaro Another high quality QC user. I don't know how you pulled through despite Zap's multiple attempts of sabotage ll. Also thanks for saving us from the 8-0 LOL

Jytcampbell You showed interest for the tour when it was only an idea which gave me hope for a solo Canada squad, thanks for that!

GL Volkner Still waiting on that answer....do you know any good Canadian OM players besides Jrdn and Funbot!?! I still think you are low-key a GotCookies alt but your headassery provided a fun team environment, you also had some real nice clutch wins. Word of advice, have some more confidence! We wanted to start you later in the season because we had confidence in you

BLUNDER SANTANA Thanks for joining our team despite this not really being your scene! You had a really nice game vs Pak, showed all the doubters wrong with that. Hope you give monotype another chance in the future, was nice to see your interest early on

Corporal Levi (I swear I didn't forget you) Had a big clutch win vs UK that helped us get to playoffs. Also, idk how you managed to get that insane ice team to 2-0 lmao. Wish we could've played you more, thanks for joining!

Splashbrutha You are new and definitely getting better, but you should learn to take responsibility for stuff more. Pushing the blame on others isn't gonna help you.

EricSaysHi Unfort record, I know you are better than that. You did fine in test battles, just learn to take it a bit easier in tour games and I'm sure you'll get better results, thats something I need to improve as well. Also, two of your games were some gross matchups which you couldnt really do much about.

Dondyxd why did you have to leave us so soon :'( Good to see that you are a bit more active now, hope everything irl cleared up. Know you would've done amazing if you didn't need to quit, happy we picked you up. You can still cherish that fire debut game that.

Nexecutioner Not officially on our roster, but an incredible helper. It really disappointed me that we couldn't fit you in, I really appreciate that you still took the time to give insight and help every week! Definitely an important contribution to my record. Can't guarantee anything so soon, but hopefully if this tour happens again you'll get to play threat instead of me.

Seo. Most USELESS cheerleader oml...literally didnt hype us once, your fault we lost to "hemorrhoid milk" drinkers

Other helpers:

Ridley Catalystic rozes Izaya
Thanks for joining in playoffs to help and having such positive attitudes!

Threat helpers:

Ticken thanks for the rock team in semis, appreciated the help on my most busy exams week. Also, just the general help / getting me interested in threat. Was nice having a niche

SirSkit thanks for the test games and stuff, such a nice user n.n

obii had fun testing early season, apparently i can only win our test games x

The Consort useful tester, get your name out there more! Definitely see you with a future in threat alongside Nex

roman hoe

Moosical ty for not signing up so I had one less loss !

On the tour in general, I think it was really interesting. The teams were a lot more balanced than expected and there were many upsets. 3 team tours a year is pretty exhausting, but I do hope we see it again. I could definitely see it working early SWSH with a slight format change, the meta will still be developing so innovation will be at its peak. Besides the whole game quality thing, was just fun to represent Canada and see us go so far.

As this is the last tour with monothreat in SM, I'll give my thoughts on that. Was a nice experience playing it in all these tours after randomly being thrown into it in MPL3. Happy that I managed to get my best performance here, tho just missed out on tieing torkool's 7-2. I definitely wasn't very motivated to play it these last tours but I think thats just with the game itself and not the meta. Losing is definitely a lot more disappointing than winning is satisfying and irl's been quite busy. Won't say I'm quitting or wtv because I'm sure I'll end participating in MPL in some capacity and gen 8 will probably make me like this game again.

Anyways, its been fun! Grats again to the winners and ggs to everyone. S/o Canada for being a great team

Last edited:

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Ggs to Canada, series was interesting nonetheless.

Sabella looks like we got another one pops. This was ones fire cus we knew we were crusty going in but Thanks for building the squad as usual.

Chaitanya Thanks for carrying as big of a load as u did. (Gay) Prep was flames even tho u made star cry every week and on top of that u went 6-2 yourself. I honestly don’t think it’s really even close rn as to who’s top1, all of it on zero sleep as well mind you. I hope, and I’m confident I’ll se you buzzing around in some of smogons top tours in the future. Keep doing you homie it was a pleasure even tho I couldn’t help you out as much with my own performance. Thanks for putting as much faith in me as you did and I’m glad I could get us wins in the playoffs at least at make that heater flying call lmao. Gang.

obii Finchinator Star august aim
Thanks for being an awesome core of tour players. It’s always reassuring to have the confidence within our team that you guys bring and it just kinda makes the environment better. It’s sick to get a dub with you guys and thanks for helping out wherever you guys could. Glad we could keep the east rep going.

MetaRiolu7 power Betathunder Moosical Ticken
Everything happens for a reason I guess. We had a lot of question marks surrounding our om slots and we honestly couldn’t even figure out who we wanted for awhile, but you all stepped up in some form. Meta finished the season on a nice surge, sed gave us some big midseason wins that carry more weight now then they did and while beta forgot how to link his games LOL, he still got us a solid playoff win so while I did bitch a lot about how I hated our om situation, thank you for proving my ass wrong and playing your best when it mattered most (om sweep in finals btw).

Wincon ive embraced your pepe obsession at this point so f u, but just know that even tho I’m hard on you a lot it’s cus I know you can help win tournaments like this so thanks for producing wins for us. Ik you had some tough games in there but you got us wins consistently so I appreciate you brother. Enjoy your new Pepe’s

Pak 1 True Lycan + pk
Honch gang. Pak stole our teams and lycan is a lad even tho we had to take him out. Shalimar knows his contributions and thus proves again why he’s the GOAT and why he was wronged and deserves to be freed. Enough said.

Wyn
Where’s ur tag. Oras goat thanks for helping out bretheren.

Overall dope team environment. Everyone with a sense of humor, lots of good laughs that mainly surrounded at how bad we were reg season. Fuck em tho we got in and raped everyone and that’s all that matters. Ggs to Canada again. Pce.

Last edited:
GG East, yall deserved the win gratz

I don't usually do s/o's but w/e it was a tour to rep countries so its close to home ;w;
Kev took me about three years to tag you bc i forgot ur headass removed the elf from ur name. Anyways it's a first where we managed a team together and we always talked about it, so just doing that was fun. We pretty much think the same and the manager talks we had were hilarious. Good on you for being the good little administrator you are, but I think you should def branch out of threat because ik you can play and give threat to the lackeys because god what a shit tier. Could have done it without you tbh but would rather not :blobuwu:

EviGaro my SM child, thanks for taking the teams and using them like I would (for the most part :yikes: ) it was def really assuring that I knew I could pass you any team and you'd get the hang of it pretty quick. Great job this tour.

Jytcampbell Corporal Levi BLUNDER SANTANA
same thing to the three of you as well major props for just being able to play really well with the teams despite not knowing everything about mono. Also yeah that ice team was trash idk how u managed to win that game LOL but cant even talk shit cuz its 2-0

Funbot28 Jrdn
Thank the lord for you two bc I knew I didnt have to worry about these 2 metas and yall would have a team ready and would just have tested them out yourselves for the most part and still delivered

KuraiTenshi26 Dondyxd
Everyone hated cuz they thought id ghost yall and were wondering why we picked you up but atleast you proved em wrong. Both of you had a goat debut match that set the record for canada for sure. Sucks you had to leave dondy but kurai thanks for taking care of the BW spot and with some teambuilding help you were able to get the hang of it pretty quick.

Splashbrutha EricSaysHi GL Volkner
Super star subs LOL ngl all of you had atleast 1 pretty shit game dont even get me started on volkners first game. Im harsh af on yall and tbh that aint gonna stop cuz thats just how yall gotta learn. I know yall can play better I think just gotta play with a clear mind. Even then you guys still had some pretty good games that got key victories and the other games were mu so cant do much bout that. and Volkner I wanted to put you in more but ur so fkn unconfident that ur trash. Altho ur anti cheerleading was a big help.

Nexecutioner Catalystic Ridley Izaya
sorry we couldnt get you nex but Kev was in the threat spot and we hadnt seen you play SM, thank you for the help regardless. Cata Ridley thanks for helping with the OMs and supporting the true North ;w;. Izaya was great testing oras with you and having randoms battles.

Overall I'm pretty happy with this tour, on paper I would def agree we looked like a weak team but everyone was able to pull through. However this tour was exhausting af combined with the previous tour and ssnls that all go on, and I wasnt even playing in other tiers unlike some people. Very fun tour regardless, knew Canada could hold its own and I feel like we proved that.

Last edited:
GGs Canada, Good shit East. Wasn't gonna do these but I couldn't sleep so lol

Sabella Damn bro idk why your record in this stuff is so garbage LOL, you played a lot better than 4-5 suggests, got some unlucky looks. I wasn't sure if you'd be active or care about this but I'm glad you put in effort even though you seemed quite busy. T'was fun, go east!

Wanka could've easily been 1-5 or 5-1 lmao not sure how you lost the games you did but end up beating lycan twice. Glad you clutched in poffs but that game vs eric was scary jesus. funny as fuck watching you rant and I know you can do a lot better, don't play when you're high as balls maybe. You're dickass for talking so much when you play like shit LOLOL philly rep

Star obii ya'll whine so much jfc my preps goat don't hate lmaoooo sorry bout some of your mu's star but you played better when you got bad ones LOL. Obii don't flex your record after running from pack and feasting on the threat hooligans you're trash jesus. All seriousness tho you guys made it hella fun and I'm glad we teamed

august Finchinator aim jerk oml... idk how much you guys wanted to play, especially finch after his second game lmao. I'm sorry you guys couldn't play more, but I'm glad you guys were hyped and made for a fun chat. Go get this filler character a ring

Wincon thank fuck you were around to help prep, glad you returned to mons and you got people's impression to change about you, had a lot of fun teaming with you and I hope you stick around. Unlucky with some of your games but only way east loses vro. Stop spamming those retarded emotes tho :fukyu:

MetaRiolu7 yo can't lie I wasn't sure about you at all, and I heard you were super young and I really didnt wanna deal with some kid so I was pretty worried about our AAA spot. Week 1 didn't help either but man you turned it around so kudos to you for that. Big playoffs wins got the ship straight in the finals, great stuff man, especially considering the rest of us are fucking awful at AAA

power Betathunder stab gang sorry you thought I was mad at you for like a month LOL beta :/ Thanks for clutching vs uk and being super helpful. Sed please go back to sedertz nigga Great work in stab tho, such a scary tier to prep for with megacham running around. I have no idea how you won that last game either lmao good shit

@pk free the man... thanks for all the tests and building you did, much appreciated Wyn thanks for the sporadic oras help lmao start playing again oml.. Moosical cba with moosical...I spent 5 minutes trying to tag torkool lmao thanks so much for your help(threat in particular) and getting big mu in finals.
Ticken goat thanks for help in playoffs, much needed cause obii's insane trash :blobuwu:
s/o the random ppl that helped me test when I needed it Brisked dahli Waszap

Pak 1 True Lycan grats on half a ring and you're welcome for all the teams

GGs again, kudos to Canada for defying most expectations. Agree with elf about teams being more balanced than expected and it'd be fun to do this again. 3 team tours is a lot though but with DPP making an appearance and gen 8 coming soon I think there will be plenty of opportunities to mix up tiers across 3 tours if the plan going forward is 3 a year. Anyway, glad we played well when it mattered most. Good stuff squad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)