Tournament PSPL VII Playoffs: Top 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity, my opponent didn't respond to me on discord or smogon. While it is true that we contacted each other late, it looks like they ignored me and are just trying to get a dead game because they're ahead.
Not our fault that you contacted him late at night 1 day before deadline and btw instead of calling activity right before the deadline you could have contacted us looking for him or a subs before.

Coconut

W
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LC Leader
at least we made contact.

edit: because it wasn't abundantly clear before. I already reached out to you in regards to an activity issue. the fact of the matter is you don't have a substitute player at all. your co-manager made it clear you had trouble filling slots. I'm not your mom, if you take the responsibility of managing a team, you need to actually manage them. it's pspl. don't fish for activity wins. thank you.

Last edited:
at least we made contact.

edit: because it wasn't abundantly clear before. I already reached out to you in regards to an activity issue. the fact of the matter is you don't have a substitute player at all. your co-manager made it clear you had trouble filling slots. I'm not your mom, if you take the responsibility of managing a team, you need to actually manage them. it's pspl. don't fish for activity wins. thank you.
If you're coming here with a straight face telling us to "don't fish for act", then don't do it as well, I mean your player contacted ours in the middle of the night, 24 hours before the deadline and is calling for act just hours before the deadline? You could've done your job as a manager and asked for a double sub after the ubers battle and you didn't. Btw, Mitsuki is a great UU player and was ready to be subbed in all day, but you guys, once again, made contact late at night. I don't mean to escalate things, but you guys only made an effort to contact us when we took the lead, and it is pretty clear that both player were negligent in this.

Coconut

W
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LC Leader
If you're coming here with a straight face telling us to "don't fish for act", then don't do it as well, I mean your player contacted ours in the middle of the night, 24 hours before the deadline and is calling for act just hours before the deadline?
You still could sub someone in but you're clowning around replying to this. You're shooting for a dead game. Don't act like you aren't.
Btw, Mitsuki is a great UU player and was ready to be subbed in all day, but you guys, once again, made contact late at night.
Mitsuki is the one who specifically told me that you guys had enough trouble fielding an NU player. If they were online and ready to go, you could have made a sub.
I don't mean to escalate things,
No, you don't, because if they deescalate, it's a dead game and you get away with this.
and it is pretty clear that both player were negligent in this.
My player has logs on smogon attempting to schedule. That's more than you can say. You still haven't subbed someone in nor tried to actually reach out to get the game done. Again, I'm not your mom, it's not my job to tell you to sub someone in or to get your players to get games done.

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Deadgames

USM UU: hs (Hydreigon Specs) vs. Serene Grace

Let's start with the facts Serene Grace and woolf helped me to gather.
  1. From this screen, Sunday around midnight his time/3AM Serene's, HS made his first schedule attempt on Discord to get the game done (around 30h before the deadline). Serene replied him a few hours later on Discord, also posting this on his Smogon wall.
  2. HS, however never replied to Serene and as far as I can check did not come on PS! Monday at all.
  3. In the meantime, no sub request/exchange to help the game to happen was made between the managers from both sides.
  4. And finally we had, 1h30 before the deadline, an activity request from Serene.
After discussing it on the hosts channel and asking Tournament Director Quite Quiet his opinion, we agreed that the scheduling attempts from both sides were insufficient and that in this regard, no activity win could be given. Since we are already past the deadline, it will be a deadgame with Portuguese advancing to the top 4.

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pspl-vii-playoffs-semi-finals.3650995/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)