Ubers ORAS Ubers Cup II - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Nayrz

1537211855365.png

Welcome to the ORAS Ubers Cup II!

More information about the tournament circuit can be found here.
Information and resources about ORAS Ubers can be be found here.

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • This is a standard ORAS Ubers tournament.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • It is recommended to play on the Smogon Tournaments server due to its ability to automatically save replays.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
  • Standard clauses apply.
  • All the usual Smogon rules regarding activity, timer, disconnection, and cheating rules apply.
ORAS Ubers specific Clauses:
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • Moody Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Swagger Clause: Swagger is banned
  • SleepTrap Clause: A Pokemon cannot use a move that can inflict sleep status on the opponent if it has the ability Shadow Tag.
  • Rayquaza is not permitted to Mega Evolve.
The Ubers Classic this year consists of 4 cups each featuring a generation ranging from ORAS to ADV. Players can earn points from their placements in each cup in order to reach the playoffs, a top 16 bracket where they then compete to earn type A points in the Ubers 2019 Circuit.

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kind of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Timer Clause

If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Scouting

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.

On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.

Timer Clause / Disconnections

Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Scheduling

Use VMs to schedule with your opponent to make it easier for me to track activity calls when needed, and use this guide to ensure you don't lose via activity or coinflip. If you use other methods to contact your opponent outside of VMs, then post in this thread confirming you're in contact with your opponent; otherwise, it's not necessary. Extensions for those with time conflicts will only be given when proof is provided of scheduling with their opponent in the beginning of the round, so do not schedule last minute expecting to be compensated in case of timezone conflicts or be given an activity win over your opponent.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Matches completed 2/12 :
Aishia vs Staxi
Lasen vs CKW
Gunner Rohan vs Serga
Melle2402 vs Winterains
Mysterious M vs Hack
Samqian vs Velvet Blood
Lord Thorx vs Lazy_bread27
Hugo Barrington vs Thimo
Winner of (squinn vs King Billu) vs Akashi
Africanoid vs March Fires
Winner of (LordST vs MashedPotatoes) vs Kebabe
Sitonai vs Winner of (Wamr vs The Dovahneer)

Round 3 will end Sunday, 1st of July at 23.59.59 CET

Best of luck to all participants !

Last edited:

MashedPotatoes

Banned deucer.
round 2 opponent of the ORAS Uber challice LordST(inky) agree to 3 P & M gmt -4 of Sun Day . he NO SHOW for the TIME of AGREEMENT of the Sun Day & POTATO MASH call for ACTIVITY PUNISHMENT 15 minute after NO SHOW . this after LordST(inky) NO SHOW on TIME of AGREEMENT on the Fri Day . match then extended for reason of what ? clear deservement of ACTIVITY PUNISHMENT ! LordST(inky) no THRICE , but TWICE missing of TIME of AGREEMENT ! ! no ignoring of POTATO MASH ! ! !

Staxi

Staxoat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Requesting an extention for me and my oppo, we tried to make it done by sunday but we finally couldn't do it, this will probably be played by monday.

calling activity, my opp is making no attempt to come online even after missing time
while i must admit i kinda forgot about it, i was on ps for the majority of the day oo did u even /user squinn ? we didnt schedule for a specific time. after that day i told you im on ps the next whole day too and i will be on today as well

while i must admit i kinda forgot about it, i was on ps for the majority of the day oo did u even /user squinn ? we didnt schedule for a specific time. after that day i told you im on ps the next whole day too and i will be on today as well
not sure what u meant by "majority of the day" but never saw u on the entire day. i had tour games scheduled all throughout that day and i was really on all day. i did check for u many times throughout the day and even asked for u in the ubers room many times and got no response at all. while it is my responsibility to check when ur on. its also ur responsibility to check when im on and u made no effort to do so.

it was my bad for not being on squinn and not looking for you, sorry. i mightve been on an alt, /user shoulda brought u to me pretty sure.
if you dont wanna play its fine, otherwise im on ps for the rest of today too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)