Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament VI - Playoffs (Swiss) Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader

(Art by ium)

After almost exactly a month of big and intense competition and frustration spent on the ladder, here we are to the playoffs of the sixth Official Ladder Tournament. There's been a lot of things going on over the last four cycles, so let's give everyone a show in playoffs too! The competition will be fierce and we all hope we'll get to see interesting and high-level SM OU battles between you all.

This playoff bracket will start as a swiss tournament. As such, you continue playing in this stage until you have won or lost three matches in the playoffs stage.

Remember, all matches are to be played in a BEST OF THREE format, and all standard SM OU rules apply.

Finally, before going into the pairings, we'd like to profit of the occasion to thank the PS Staff, from the owners to the moderators, for making the ladder phase of the tournament possible and smoother in its running. We appreciate your help and support, and a special thanks to pre, Marty and HoeenHero for making this a lot better. Now, without further ado...

Round 1
Tricking vs Ilyakomaster (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)
imsosorrylol vs le LLiolae (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)
Hayburner vs Sacri' (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)
Kebab mlml vs Charmflash (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)
Rexus vs Typhlosion48 (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)
Mimolette vs Pierrick (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)
Insult vs ABR (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)
Ojama vs frisoeva (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)
Updated Kanto vs Ash KetchumGamer (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)
Twixtry vs Lopunny Kicks (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)
michy47 vs Ahsan-219 (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)
Chaitanya vs Relous (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)
Liones vs Star (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)
Dora vs Tace (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)
Mob Barley vs Samqian (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)
beatiful vs Empo (Replays: 1 | 2 | 3)

Please, let us know in the thread when you will be playing once your games are scheduled, we would all very much like to spectate.

Deadline
Sunday, August 25th @ 11:59 PM EDT

Last edited by a moderator:
Round 1

Tricking
vs Ilyakomaster
imsosorrylol vs le LLiolae
Hayburner vs Sacri'
Kebab mlml vs Charmflash
Rexus
vs Typhlosion48
Mimolette vs Pierrick
Insult vs ABR
Ojama
vs frisoeva
Updated Kanto vs Ash KetchumGamer
Twixtry vs Lopunny Kicks
michy47
vs Ahsan-219
Chaitanya vs Relous
Liones vs Star
Dora vs Tace
Mob Barley
vs Samqian
beatiful vs Empo

go empo go sammy go ash go ng members

jcbc

lechonk is so cute
is a Pre-Contributor
Tricking vs Ilyakomaster
Hayburner vs Sacri'
Kebab mlml vs Charmflash
Rexus
vs Typhlosion48
Mimolette vs Pierrick
Insult vs ABR
Ojama vs frisoeva
Twixtry vs Lopunny Kicks
michy47 vs Ahsan-219
Chaitanya vs Relous
Liones vs Star
Dora vs Tace
Mob Barley
vs Samqian
beatiful vs Empo

go punny and insult :psyduck:

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Tricking vs Ilyakomaster
Hayburner vs Sacri'
Kebab mlml vs Charmflash
Rexus
vs Typhlosion48
Mimolette vs Pierrick
Insult vs ABR
Ojama
vs frisoeva
Twixtry vs Lopunny Kicks
michy47 vs Ahsan-219
Chaitanya
vs Relous
Liones vs Star
Dora vs Tace
Mob Barley
vs Samqian
beatiful vs Empo

MegaStarUniverse

Banned deucer.
PREDICTIONS LOL

Tricking vs Ilyakomaster - a little bit one sided but I think Ilyakomaster can take one from tricking. still tricking should win unless Ilyakomaster overpreforms. tricking wins 2-1

imsosorrylol vs le LLiolae - sorry is imo a step above this guy in terms of skill and playing ability so he should take this 2-0

Hayburner vs Sacri' - close one this could go either way. good players

Kebab mlml vs Charmflash - Kebabs playing ability is very nice and even aggressive at times which is a good thing but I dont think that will matter because charmflash can be just as aggressive and has unpredictable teams and knows how to prep and counter team. charmflash should take this 2-1

Rexus vs Typhlosion48 - rexus is the better player but typhlosion48 can easily take this in a upset. looking forward to this bo3

Mimolette vs Pierrick - both are decent players and know how to play this game but my gut goes to pierrick as I feel he brings more heavy hitters and always has a good defensive backbone and I really think that is going to give mimolette trouble. I feel like pierrick wins this 2-1

Insult vs ABR - gut decision but I feel like in order to beat abr you have to prep for everything which is really hard to do because he is counter teaming you at the same time while also changing and innovating the meta and his new ideas rarely backfire on him. I feel like insult is going to approach this by just bringing a standard and strong team with some techs but will that be enough to beat abr? gut decision but i think ABR wins 2-1 in a close one

Ojama
vs frisoeva - frisoeva has a really cool playstyle and plays very similarly to vai lusa IMO and i think playstyles like this annoy ojama tbh so I could see frisoeva taking this 2-1 for sure. But at the end of the day if ojama does not underperform he should win. ojama wins this 2-0 if he stays calm and plays his game but again i could see frisoeva winning 2-1. still picking ojama

Updated Kanto vs Ash KetchumGamer - if Kanto preps for rain and gets ash out of his comfort zone I think he wins 2-1

Twixtry vs Lopunny Kicks - both have conservative playstyles and 95% of the time they always bring standard teams but lopunny kicks has the advantage due to experience and consistency. they both can switch it up but lopunny kicks can abuse the techs more from what I seen

michy47 vs Ahsan-219 - ahsan preformed a little bad in wcop but I think his playstyle matches up well vs michy. this could go either way but I would not be surprised if ahsan brought his signature team two times and won tbh xD

Chaitanya vs Relous - this match up is very interesting and could go either way. relous is a little bit more aggressive but chait is the type of player to always make the "best play" possible so its going to be interesting for sure

Liones vs Star - another close one. seeing liones play on the ladder was nice because for the most part he knew what to do in each battle in order to win and achieve his win condition so he is definitely capable of winning this. star on the other hand also knows how to play this game. this bo3 will come down to game plans and long term thinking

Dora vs Tace - dora kind of unknown and tace has experience so expecting tace to win 2-0

Mob Barley vs Samqian - this is basically going to be who can outplay the other and lots of crazy plays but if they both play it perfectly it might just come down to match up in each game

beatiful vs Empo - empo has better playing ability and brings good teams but on the other hand beatiful is capable of getting neutral match ups and could overpreform here but in the end empo should win this because he is the better player

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Hoping to see the bolded people succeed for one reason or another. Looking forward the games, please post the schedules, and maybe let's have a public spreadsheet to keep track with the times? Y'all put in a lot of work to get there in the first place, keep going and be confident in your abilities to take series from anyone. Also interested to see what team Italy and Germany will bring up to their games as they have a knack for effective novelty.

Tricking vs Ilyakomaster - tournament prestige
imsosorrylol vs le LLiolae - belgix fc
Hayburner vs Sacri' - <3, my man
Kebab mlml vs Charmflash - tournament prestige
Rexus vs Typhlosion48 - ???
Mimolette vs Pierrick - creativity
Insult vs ABR - highlight #1
Ojama vs frisoeva - tournament prestige & looking forward the builds
Updated Kanto vs Ash KetchumGamer - south american hero, watch out for the standard rain counterplay
Twixtry vs Lopunny Kicks - tournament prestige
michy47 vs Ahsan-219 - #teamnoplay vs 3 teams builder
Chaitanya vs Relous - highlight #2, rooting for the german craftmanship
Liones vs Star - highlight #3, tournament prestige + premium hoarder
Dora vs Tace
Mob Barley
vs Samqian - entertainment value
beatiful vs Empo - tournament prestige

This will be the final result.
Round 1

Tricking vs Ilyakomaster
imsosorrylol
vs le LLiolae
Hayburner vs Sacri'
Kebab mlml vs Charmflash
Rexus
vs Typhlosion48
Mimolette vs Pierrick
Insult vs ABR
Ojama
vs frisoeva
Twixtry vs Lopunny Kicks
michy47 vs Ahsan-219
Chaitanya vs Relous
Liones
vs Star
Dora vs Tace
Mob Barley vs Samqian
beatiful
vs Empo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)