Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I agree with the comments that mention the scaling issue. Scaling the Pokémon to be around the same size might make it easier to fit the models in the picture, but it completely contradicts the concept of Pokémon sizes at the same time. It makes big and menacing Pokémon look small and puny, while we don't get to see the hilarious size of some of the tiny Pokémon. And then, why mention the size of a Pokémon in the Pokédex at all, if they aren't going to adhere to those sizes anyway? It says in the Pokédex that Haxorus is 1.8 meters tall (okay, it doesn't, because the localization team changes the units to the absolutely retarded Imperial system in the English games, but that's another annoyance entirely), but that means squat if it appears to be smaller than the main character every time you see it on screen.

It gets worse with very big Pokémon like Wailord, if you've ever seen it in action in the 3DS games. Wailord is stated to be a massive 15 meters long, and Pokédex entries reference its immense size, but the size depicted is clearly less than a fifth of that. Why reference a Pokémon's size so much if they choose not to show it? Unlike in the sprite-based games, the problems aren't on the technical side, it's clearly a choice they've made. They should pick one concept and stick to it; either scale the models correctly or stop listing meaningless sizes.

In respecto to the size of pokemon, i completely agree that the battle perspective do not make justice to the size of pokemon listed in the pokedex. I often get surprised by the size of the pokemon (how big or small) because the in game battle art is misleading.

For example this are the pokemon that are Bigger than i thought: Haunter, Furret, Zubat family, Ledian, Dunsparse, Yanmega, Hitmontop,Smeargle, Kingdra, Milotic, Bibarel, Jellicent, Beartic, Mienfoo, Larvesta, Gogoat, bergmite, Passimian, Comfey, Dhelmise Ultra Necrozma and Alolan Exeggutor

And this are the pokemons that are smaller than i thought: Ampharos, Lucario, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Machamp, Tyranitar, Salamance, Kyogre, Groudon, Mismagius, Excadrill, Bouffalant and Volcnion

All of the above misconceptions are mostly because of the in game art.

The in game battle sizes of Steelix, Regigigas and Wailord do not make them justice, also strangely make Eelektross smaller than it is. Dialga, Palkia and Giratina should dwarf Groudon and Kyogre but they look the same size. The in game art is ridiculous.

This video shows the real sizes of pokemon and yes it's ridiculous

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
So the Pokemon Worlds 2019 stream is on and I overheard this a few minutes ago

"We'll be back soon with our trophy ceremony and a special announcement."

Prepare.

EDIT: 1 hour until closing ceremonies

I agree that scaling is quite a bit messy for SwSh at this moment (though to be fair so is Sun/Moon anyway). With Dynamaxing it shows that size difference isn't a problem for the screen to display all in their glory and it should be rather easy to scale Pokemon to their realistic sizes.

Though I still want GF to make battle animations closer to that of Pokemon Battle Revolution where Pokemon finally does get close and get physical. Years have passed yet the animation of that game is still revolutionary.

I agree that scaling is quite a bit messy for SwSh at this moment (though to be fair so is Sun/Moon anyway). With Dynamaxing it shows that size difference isn't a problem for the screen to display all in their glory and it should be rather easy to scale Pokemon to their realistic sizes.

Though I still want GF to make battle animations closer to that of Pokemon Battle Revolution where Pokemon finally does get close and get physical. Years have passed yet the animation of that game is still revolutionary.
I dont think that's gonna happen. Think about it; all the animations and hit animations eat up alot of time. As cool as they are, one of the main complaints was how long it took to finish battles in those days. SwSh animations are short and sweet and to the point.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist

This is the bag UI, taken right from the website.

The tabs look like:
* medicine
* pokeballs
* in-battle items (X attack etc)
* berries
* Other Items (you can see this on the top)
* TMs
* ???
* ???
* key items

What are the two new tabs?
The first looks like some sort of shiny sphere (maybe items that are only good for selling? Kinda looks like a nugget) and the second looks like some sort of art palette with a paintbrush.

I imagine that the palette one is general customisation stuff; while Shiny Orb is Dynamax/Gigantamax related items. Gen 6 and 7 each had a separate pocket for their new big gimmick items, so it would make sense Gen 8 would do the same. That said, there's also a good possibility it could be 'Free Space' -- I actually kinda hope it is, because otherwise I don't see 'Free Space' anywhere here.

Either way, I'm so so so glad that if nothing else, the bag is once again a lot more split up. 'Item' pockets in recent games were a goddamn nightmare. This in addition to not just Mega Stones and Z-Crystals being gone but likely also other miscellaneous stuff like the Genesect Drives means that this game is going to be a lot more streamlined.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I doubt the paintbrush icon is for trainer customization. Isn't that usually put in a separate menu?

Truth be told, I've always kinda wanted a feature where you could "paint" your Pokemon. I doubt it'll ever happen and that this is what it is, but it would be nice to me.

Underrated cool thing about SWSH: The new Pokemon menu icons, they look sooooo good, so detailed and crisp.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The Pokemon in the console games are both much better scaled and much better-spaced in-distance from the trainer. I would definitely say that camera angles do a lot of magic but the characters are decently far enough horizontally (and somewhat vertically) to believe that at the LEAST they would be able to not get hit directly by a missed Zap Cannon or could move away from battle ala Brawl Pokemon Trainer. Gen 7's camera angle hides the trainer and the distance was much greater which made it look worse compared to gen 6, but still not terrible. Also I can understand why they would do a more rough job with it given how it was their first time on a much more limited system.

I'm not saying these games need to be Colosseum level to be enjoyed (That's the level that we SHOULD want/receive, but modern gaming has been less about producing quality games and more for just sticking with formula to pander to demographics for ages now.) but they should AT LEAST be an improvement from XY. Instead, the Pokemon look like plastic toys that just move SLIGHTLY once per turn.

This game is looking more and more like it's catered EXCLUSIVELY for kids and not for both kids and adults. The story will be the same mediocrity that won't try anything new (unlike BW) and now the gameplay itself looks really formulaic and uninteresting. (I won't say the graphics look MvCI levels of bad, but it's still ridiculously unappealing) Sadly though, most hardcore Nintendo fans will eat up any game from their company no matter how mediocre it is so I doubt they'll get punished for this.
This is overwhelming proof that no matter what the circumstances, people will bitch about things just to be a bitch.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Bit late but here's my hot takes:

NEW ABILITIES:
Neutralizing Gas: Surprised took us this long to get an Ability like this (or a Room move). If you're nostalgic for the Gameboy days or like how Let's Go had their battles then Galarian Weezing is for you! Obviously would have big effect on battles so I'll ask some obvious questions:
1. Using Gastro Acid's list, does Neutralizing Gas also not affect Multitype, Stance Change, Schooling, Comatose, Shields Down, Disguise, RKS System, Battle Bond, or Power Construct? Multitype and RKS System no doubt as they're the ones changing Arceus's and Silvally's Type. Stance Change, Schooling, Shields Down, Power Construct, and Battle Bond though I can see being halted and keeping the Pokemon in the form that they're in. Not so sure about Comatose or Disguise, I'd say Comatose would probably be excluded though Mold Breaker does get through Disguise so it's up in the air whether they include it or not.

2. As always I'm sure people are planning to make Galarian Weezing partners with Regigigas and the Archen family... if they're in the Galarian Dex. Part of me wonders if the reason they didn't do an Ability like this before is because they had the negative Abilities, but now since they can just keep these Pokemon and Galarian Weezing from being in the same game it's not a problem. And if that's the case, what other things has GF have been holding back due to how it'll effect certain Pokemon which they can now just omit from being in the same game?

3. How would this affect weather changing and terrain summoning Abilities which have already been activated? Will the weather & terrain remain or will it stop as soon as Galarian Weezing enters battle? I would say this is especially notable for the "super" weather Abilities like Delta Stream, Desolate Land, and Primordial Sea... but I have a feeling GF might have seen enough of the super ancient Pokemon for now.

4. Flower Gift and Forecast control what form Cherrim and Castform are in. While Neutralizing Gas would negate their effects, would is also lock them in their form or would they revert to their non-transformed forms?

5. If an Imposter Ditto is already transformed does it remain transformed?

Also the other question is how tanky would Galarian Weezing be so the trainer can take full effect of Neutralizing Gas? While normal Weezing has high defense it has less than average HP and Special Defense. It's Typing makes it weak to Psychic, Ground, & Steel, the first two common attacking Types (and without Levitate it's weak to Ground once again) and Psychic is predominantly Special. When Regional Variants do alter stats it doesn't radically change them so even if they take from its Special Attack or Speed to add to HP and Special Defense it probably wouldn't be more than 10 points differences (not that Galarian Weezing wouldn't be more than happy to be given the Mega Beedrill treatment of min-maxing its stats). Also, unless they Galarian Weezing one, Weezing doesn't have any reliable recovery outside of Rest and Black Sludge.
With this Ability, Galarian Weezing could be a game changer but it would need some stat alterations and given recovery moves to really make it work. Also I'm guessing it's a Signature Ability since its flavor seems tailor made for Galarian Weezing. Though funny enough on the main site it still has Galarian Weezing's second Ability as "???", lol.

Mirror Armor: Sounds like a pretty good Ability to me! It's the stat version of Magic Bounce (called Magic Mirror in Japanese so there is a connection) and it not only prevents anyone doing intentional attempts to decrease its stats but also reflect all the passive ways stats can be randomly dropped to frustrate your opponent even more.
So question is Signature Ability? I mean, I wouldn't exactly call Corviknight's metal body to be mirror-like. This would mean any Pokemon with a reflective body surface could potentially get this Ability, notably Steel- and Ice-types with gem-based Rock-types.

NEW ITEMS:
Room Service: I think a better effect for Room Service would have been making it so that it increased the duration of Room moves like how the weather moves have the weather rocks and terrains has Terrain Extender.
Not sure how effective Room Service would be, if you're using Trick Room you're already using slow Pokemon and hoping your opponents aren't. Also would you give up your item slot, which could instead have a Leftovers or Life Orb, for a one time stat drop? Especially considering a lot of slow Pokemon have the move Curse or have a partner with a move like Scary Face or Cotton Spore if you're that worried about not outspeeding your opponent after Trick Room.

Eject Pack: Another I'm not sure of. Not because it doesn't have merit on paper, but with all the passive ways the game has to reduce a Pokemon's stat you may end up wasting the Eject Button on a lowered stat you might not have cared about being lowered. It's not like with Eject Button there's probably a niche use for it with Pokemon that's low on the defense/HP side so this is a safe way to get them out when they get any form of damage. There's no Pokemon where this item may get wasted and you just gave up your item slot for nothing. While I'm usually against item bloat, this would be one item where I'd say it probably should have been split into 5, one for each non-HP stat (if you think about it, Eject Button is already the Eject Pack for the HP stat :P). Or they could introduce item modifications where you can customize items in certain ways to make them more suitable for situations you want them in.

NEW MOVES:
Breaking Swipe: Um, am I supposed to be impressed by just a name and effect? Cause I'm not. What Type is it? How much damage does it do? I mean it's great it lowers the Attack of both opponent's Pokemon but if its Power is 50 or 60 that ain't going to really matter, and what Type it is would effect what Pokemon can learn it and if there's anything better it could learn. They showed Flygon using it and it being neutral(?) on Haxorus and Conkeldurr so I'm guessing either Ground- or Normal-type. If Ground-type it has stiff competition from Earthquake and if Normal-type it's a steep uphill battle as nothing is weak to Normal.

Steel Beam: Really? That's the English name they're going with for that Steel-type version of Light of Ruin? Like, I get it, the Japanese name is a pun that doesn't really translate. Depending on how it's read it can be translated as either "all-out-resistance" or "steel beam". But instead of trying to come up with an equivalent pun you're just calling it Steel Beam and wiping your hands of the whole thing? Like it took me a few minutes to think of "All Ore Bust", are there really that many new things to rename you couldn't spend even that long to come up with something clever? Fine, whatever, guess we shouldn't be expecting anything more from the "Baddy Bad" team.

DYN/GIGANT-AMAXED MECHANICS:
Ignores Flinching: A nice effect to have, though sucks a bit for the Pokemon who have the natural Ability to do that. But yeah, with only three turns to do anything being cheated out of one of them would be frustrating, especially if it was from a Pokemon that wasn't Dyn/Gigant-amaxed itself.

Breaks Through Protect: Similarly, Max Moves retain their predecessor's effect of doing some damage if the opposing Pokemon used Protect or one of its variants. Once again, 3 turns so let's not waste any of them...

Then Comes Max Guard: Finally we learn what Max Guard is and it's pretty much the Max Move version of Protect. I guess the idea is that, since the only way to use Max Guard is to be Dyn/Gigant-amaxed, they're wasting a turn using the move as much as wasting the other Pokemon's turn. I can also see maybe this being a factor of when a trainer would want to Dyn/Gigant-amax, if they do so before their opponent does their opponent could wait till they're on the last turn of it. The opponent then can Dyn/Gigant-amax their Pokemon and use Max Guard to use up the other trainer's last turn while the opponent still has two more turns of all powerful attacks left to do.

Held Items: And nice they confirmed Dyn/Gigant-amaxing does not require an item slot so all Pokemon are free to hold any item they want and the effect of that item would still be active when Dyn/Gigant-amaxed. I like how the website plays coy by saying "You could even have your Pokémon hold items that boost their offenses" when you know they're either talking about a Choice Item or Life Orb. Though I wonder if this means they may make some items that specifically works when a Pokemon Dyn/Gigant-amaxes.

THE BATTLE STADIUM:
Looks alright, I guess it has all the things you'd want for an online competition. Looks like they went a bit more indepth with the Ranking system which might help newer players get into online competitions if being put against someone of equal rank. Casual is just if you want to not worry about rankings and/or use your Legendary/Mythical Pokemon against other players. They keep Gen VII's Rental Pokemon idea though thankfully drop the QR codes for just IDs. Only place where they probably could do more is giving more options in Friendly Competitions, but I suppose if you're looking to have specific rules you're probably battling with friends so can rule lawyer outside of the game.

MAX RAIDS & HIDDEN ABILITY:
Of course Max Raid Pokemon would have Hidden Abilities. I didn't mention it, but the top of the Battle Stadium page on the main site mentioned how you have to pay for Nintendo's Online Service to use. I didn't mention it because it was obvious thing there, but here it sort of feels like Nintendo told GameFreak "do whatever you can to make players purchase the Nintendo online surface". Yes, I know, Max Raids can be done single player with NPC partners... but a part of me feels there's going to be a hitch to that, like the NPC trainers are more likely to try catching the Pokemon whereas playing with people online you can coordinate who gets to catch the Pokemon (you know, because even though you had four players battling only one can catch the special Pokemon).

AMAZON PREORDER:
Finally confirmed one of the preorder bonuses for US players. If you want that gold stud backpack you have to preorder the Double Pack.

Oh, you don't want to order the Double Pack, you just want to order only one of the games? WELL TOO BAD!
Well, GameFreak & Nintendo, you know what they say: all that glitters is not gold. So you can keep the backpack, in fact if you want I can even tell you where to shove it.
Also, wasn't the preorder bonus for the Double Pack the Raid Battles with Larvitar and Jangmo-o? So in the US they're locking TWO preorder bonuses behind the Double Pack (if your order from Amazon). Like, are the games by themselves going to get any preorder bonuses in the US or is it all going to be the Double Packs?

And I just posted all this in time as more news was just announced coming in the next few days. Well I got a few pages of comments to look through so better get to it before more news drops.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
As far as regional variants go, they could just create themed hold items that cause the Pokemon holding it to lay eggs that hatch into its regional form. Kind of like how it works with Everstones now, just in reverse. It'd also work on the Pokemon holding it itself where relevant, of course.
I suppose, for Alolan Pokemon they could just have one of the parents holding the Strange Souvenir (I'm not going to stop suggesting uses for the dumb thing until they do something with it).

I can see a way they could bring back regional variants. Just have an area in game called, say, Little Alola (there's plenty of places like that in real life). You could have the regional variants appear in the wild there and/or if you hatched an egg there it would hatch into that regional variant.
They could also go the Let's Go right and just have an NPC you can trade with for the Alolan Pokemon if you give them the plain Pokemon. They could even do this with the Galarian Pokemon except in reverse, you give an NPC a Galarian Pokemon for the normal version of it.

Therefore I definitely agree with your sentiment that the "bad graphic" has just been thrown in there to add more "hatefuel" and wouldn't have happened at all if the Dexit issue never happened (or was handled better).
And specifically to Pokémon, there are the aforementioned re-used models. No matter how good the rest of the game looks, it is still a problem unique to them that the returning Pokémon will just never be able to feel fresh as long as they continue to use models/animations that were on the 3DS 5 years ago - and that that problem intensifies when their default animations just don't look very good, like Lucario's just standing with its arms by its sides and Skarmory's hovering in the air. It's an even bigger indictment when other new default poses/animations have a lot more personality to them, like Linoone, Obstagoon or Impidimp. I understand why this is an issue of course, and this isn't a criticism of the graphics designers. It''s more just accepting that, yeah, this doesn't look great.

But again, that aside, I do want to say that other areas like the trainers and the urban areas from what I've seen look very, very good and that's one of the high points of the game so far.
I agree, I actually was satisfied with the graphics until Dexit happened and they used giving better graphics as an excuse. Before Dexit, I guess I sorted accepted Pokemon was a budgeted triple A game. As in, it was a highly anticipated game from a popular franchise being made by the major developer and publisher which made it YET due to certain quirks of it there was some cheapness which one had to overlook. One said quirk, being able to carry over your Pokemon. But as soon as they said not all Pokemon would be transferable it felt like a sudden shift took place. Like the floodgates holding back the waves of major complaints and scrutiny just lost a batch of its bolts and it has caused it to flung open.

But as mentioned, the towns, new Pokemon, and characters are looking great. The problem is with the old Pokemon still having their old animations and the Wild Area may have been a bit too ambitious in turns of the graphics. And not helping matters is that they keep using the Wild Area yet showing little of the better looking towns and cities (which we still don't know the names of, any of them). And just showing the stilted animations of the older Pokemon hanging out in the Wild Area continues the cheapness feel.

I've said it once and I'll say it again: I think the games on their own are going to be good and maybe even possibly great. It's just as a long time fan I and a lot of others here and elsewhere online are beginning to see cracks form and yet GF don't seem interested in fixing them or at most just covering them up.

Recently we've seen, and I'm sure we will continue to see, large "leaks." A couple in the past have proven to contain some true information before it was officially revealed to us, which is very promising. In the past two days, Youtuber aDrive has uploaded a couple videos showing full Pokedex leaks with typings.
I would say these leaks were already busted as soon as they said it was the full Pokedex. No way at this point would a full Pokedex leak be available.
And yes, I know some counters people would give for that opinion. "But what about the Alolan Starters being leaked 8 months early"? "But what about the entire Alolan Dex having been datamined"? But I feel those are special cases and not to be the expected norm. For the Alolan Starters I think that was a once-in-a-blue moon situation. Don't know how the leaker got it, but I doubt they or anyone else would do it again because GF would be extra careful about who gets to see the reference sheets. As for the Alolan Dex datamined, that was an oopsie on GF's part because they forgot to scrub the shiny dex images and so don't expect them making that mistake again (notice how they haven't even said a word of a demo besides the ones only in stores and exclusively focused on the Water Gym?).

"But what about the recent leak which is proving to be all true"? We've had leaks like that before and I consider those leaks more of the standard. Just a slathering of information with no real rhyme or reason. It may tell about new Pokemon, characters, and mechanics coming up but the reason we know its true is because all the info on it is released as pre-release information. This likely means this information may have been given out to advertising staff of GF and Nintendo that the leaker has a connection with so it's less of a leak and more of them getting their hands on the scheduled announcements and telling us everything planned ahead of time. And even then it didn't have all the information new announcements have told us about.

The only time I'd believe a full dex leak is when the games are just about to release because that's usually when you hear someone getting their game early somehow and either recording the new Pokemon they encountered while playing or datamined the game files.

If Slaking is in Galardex, Weezing with it can wreck things, can't they?
Oops, forgot about Slaking in my last post! Yeah, it and Regigigas would be prime Neutralizing Gas partners (I wonder when Galarian Weezing leaves what would happen with Slow Start; would it restart, begin where it was stopped, or is it just off now. Sadly Slaking would still start skipping turns again)

Eject Pack seems like a godsend to Pokémon who like to use strong moves like Draco or CC but lack access to Volt-Turn. I can see the Latis running this.
Huh, I didn't think about using Eject Pack for self-induced stat decreases. Don't know why, that's how it was presented in the trailer *facepalm*. Okay, yeah, so it definitely has a niche there. Just hope you can pull it off before another stat decrease occurs.

Also, we get to have a glance of the new Pokemon moveset:
Corviknight: Lot of Dark-type moves, though I guess makes sense being possibly based on the Black Knight.
Alchremie: Geez, GF. I mean, yeah, I joked about it being the next waifu Pokemon, but that was a joke. But good to know your suggested strategy is infatuation confusion, that isn't an annoying strategy at all.
Galarian Weezing: Why would you have Explosion on one with Neutralizing Gas... WAIT A SECOND! Sludge Bomb and Fairy Wind? Special moves, on Weezing who normally has a higher Attack stat (well, by 5 points, BUT STILL COUNTS)? Is this confirmation that Galarian Weezing stats were altered to make it a Special Attacker now (among hopefully other changes)?
Drednaw: ... Why does Drednaw have Room Service when it nor any other of its partners have Trick Room? Also nice they at least gave it Crunch so Strong Jaw doesn't go completely unused (though this makes me wonder if there's no Water- or Rock-type biting move for it to get STAB from).
Duraludon: Was there other better moves for it than Hyper Beam and Metal Burst? Kind of looking like a one-trick pony.
Obstagoon: We need a Dark-type recoil move. Anyway, yeah, that's exactly what I imagine a Obstagoon would be setup as.

Meh, I was hoping for pokemon tiers (much like smogon) instead of trainer tiers.
GF would never admit one Pokemon is superior/inferior to another, especially now that they could just exclude them no questions asked.

>Conkeldurr confirmed

The redemption arc is over. Better luck in Gen 9, old timer...
Then suddenly Machamp is given a Gigantamax.

It's a good thing stadiums are not completely roofed.
Well they said the Stadiums are built to accommodate Dyn/Gigant-amaxing. Remember that Gigantamaxed Alcremie is nearly 100 feet 30 meters tall.

Steel Beam? Seriously? That’s such a lame name.

I can’t stop imagining Dularogon or however it is called throwing these things around, rather than firing beams of destruction.

View attachment 190741

^ That, my friends, is a real life steel beam.
Does this mean Gurdurr can learn Steel Beam in the English games? It's carrying one.

(All it's life it's been training for this)

EDIT: Shedinja's by KevlarX290

The way it seems to work is similar to terrain seeds: when TR is up, it gets consumed and applies -1 speed.
Is it just by 1 stage? I would think 2 stages at least as that would be a decreasing Speed by half.

lmao no i dont want a tr extender, that shit would break the meta in half
We already are tossing out handfuls of Pokemon, might as well create a new meta entirely at that point.

Steel Beam is perfectly fine as a pun. "Beam" has 2 definitions; this uses one of them literally while thematically referencing the other one. It's a very Pokemon name.
I think the issue is not with the name itself but rather it completely ignores doing any wordplay that the original Japanese name had.

When I was watching the new trailer again, I noticed Gastrodon was using Earth Power. At least, that is what I believe.
I wonder what this would mean if it really was Earth Power. GF could be breaking their tradition of avoiding tutors (aside from Draco Meteor and the Hyper Beam variants) in the first games of a new generation. While unlikely, it would be a welcoming change and make Galar's possible equivalent of Battle Tree/Tower more challenging due to Pkm having a better moveset.
Or it could mean that Gastrodon will learn Earth Power through level-up!
I've always thought that for the initial paired games they could keep the Tutors they had from the last game and then for the 3rd version/second paired games they can have the updated move list with new moves added and old moves removed. That way we'll still have access to the Tutor moves players are used to having and also give a reason to keep around the initial paired game as it may have a Tutor move the other game removed.

Or there could be a EP TM...
That works too, would like a decent TM list which has a decent Physical and Special move for each Type.

Well, now I feel stupid for not realising that.
To be fair, I had no idea either until Bulbapedia pointed it out.
Especially since they have no cyan or magenta in their color scheme. At most you can say the Sword logo is cyan and Shield logo is magenta but that's stretching things I feel.

And now onto the most recent page:

This is the bag UI, taken right from the website.

The tabs look like:
* medicine
* pokeballs
* in-battle items (X attack etc)
* berries
* Other Items (you can see this on the top)
* TMs
* ???
* ???
* key items

What are the two new tabs?
The first looks like some sort of shiny sphere (maybe items that are only good for selling? Kinda looks like a nugget) and the second looks like some sort of art palette with a paintbrush.
Oh, wow, how did I miss that? Good eye!

Not sure what the shiny orb is, maybe either Free Space or could have to do with the Rotom Phone (USUM had it's own space for the Roto Loto items). Or they could be bringing in Candies from Let's Go...

The one next to it is curry (and or maybe food). They mentioned it was the new food item to feed your Pokemon a while ago and you collect ingredients for it on the overworld.

Last edited:

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Held Items: And nice they confirmed Dyn/Gigant-amaxing does not require an item slot so all Pokemon are free to hold any item they want and the effect of that item would still be active when Dyn/Gigant-amaxed. I like how the website plays coy by saying "You could even have your Pokémon hold items that boost their offenses" when you know they're either talking about a Choice Item or Life Orb. Though I wonder if this means they may make some items that specifically works when a Pokemon Dyn/Gigant-amaxes.
Uh... Yeah, that doesn't sound breakable at all... 0_o

With Solar Power, Charizard is more powerful than Mega-Charizard Y (475.5 vs 417 or 552 vs 485 depending on Nature) and can hold items, which, as we all know, helped get Mega-Rayquaza banned from Ubers. Oh, and even though Dynamaxxed Charizard doesn't have Drought, he does have more powerful moves that can break through Protect with secondary effects, like oh I don't know... Max Flare's Sun. The good news is Charizard is always the most broken Pokemon and worse things like something fast with Max Knuckle boosting Attack or Max Geyser with Swift Swim won't happen... Right? :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)