Smogon Super Mario Maker 2 Level Sharing

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I updated this to have every Smogoner's Maker ID thus far! I still need to play more of your levels though, but first, an important news flash...

THE AMOUNT OF LEVELS YOU CAN UPLOAD HAS NOW BEEN DOUBLED!

That should be pretty handy for ya -Latios- , right :P

Anyways, I've only uploaded one course since the last update. It took me 2 weeks, but its a doozy. I call it..

The Koopas: A Tale Of Greed.

Code is 794-9PQ-QVG

The idea of this level is that you and Bowser are no longer enemies. You're just neighbors in the small mining town of Koopa Kliffs. You work in the mines, but a dark secret is revealed there that will change everyone's lives...

As you can guess, there's a dark twist with this level that you'll have to see for yourself! This level has two endings. The good ending is very difficult to get (with Arhops being the only Smogoner I know whose actually pulled it off.). Thankfully, the bad ending is impossible to die at except for a time out, as its a slower, puzzle based path. I'd love some more feedback on this one!

I have at least played 2 more Smogon levels,time for some feedback!

I made my first ever Mario Maker level! :psywoke:
Code: FLP-L2F-JFF

Took several hours to upload and I had to lower the difficulty because I was getting bodied by my own level :psycry:
This one was really cool, and pretty much referenced all of gen 1's major battles pretty clearly! It is difficult though, but I don't really mind that!

Also, while he hasn't posted in this thread: GMars made a REALLY awesome level he told me about on Discord, and I feel the need to highlight it!

It's called: Don't look Left!

Code is NQ7-9PR-SRG

For those of you that have never heard of these kinds of levels: Using an offscreen Boo with a muncher near a P-switch, you will immeditly die if you dare turn left via P-Switch death! So the idea is, you need to clear most of this level while only looking right, using creative ways to go left WITHOUT turning left! While these types of levels existed in Mario Maker 1, this uses a lot of cool new Mario Maker 2 gimmicks. Give this level a shot, it's excellent!

just finished the fourth and final level of my smb1 themed group, "Seasons". each level centers around higher difficult (but not outrageous) platforming with moving platforms along predetermined routes. the difficulty varies between them, but if i had to rank them i'd go like this:

spring - 2 out of 5 difficulty - P2T-37K-SRG
summer - 3 out of 5 difficulty - MMG-KPP-TQF
autumn - 3 out of 5 difficulty - K2V-TQP-7YF
winter - 4 out of 5 difficulty - NRB-LTB-5YG

give them a shot if you have the chance and let me know what you think!

Another new level of mine. Like the previous one, it's inspired by a classic game from the 80s. In this case, Konami's Track & Field... if we were to reduce it to its first four disciplines.

4F5-NCS-9LG

It's fairly simple... and it's very easy considering you have 3 tries per discipline (as per its inspiration) but I learnt how to use a Counter contraption if it helps.

great to see someone play my levels DragonWhale - also, your reactions help a lot in determining what works and doesn't work as a level creator. thanks for that!

i decided i really wanted to turn up the difficulty, as watching you play through them seemed a little too easy, particularly the later stages. so i spent ~3 hours uploading a platformer that involves some really quick, on your feet reactions for one of the first sections (the boo string) - check it out, anyone that wants a good challenge, as i imagine this one will have a sub 1% clear rate for a while yet:

Midnight in Tokyo - 9M7-D5Y-RKF

Theorymon

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh yeah I forgot to post ths here! I made a new level a few days ago.

SMB3 Cut Ice Levels Corruption

Code is DH6-1P8-5MF

So the idea for this level is that Bowser realized he's in a video game, and has tilted the cartridge to put you in two actual unused SMB3 levels! Specfically, unused levels 6 and 7 (you can look them up on youtube, I tried to be as faithful to them as possible). However, Bowser goes too far, and actually corrupts SMB3, leading to a level that looks like its starting to glitch out!

This might end up being my most controversial level, because it deliberately breaks some level design rules because the real levels are "corrupted". It also seems to have the level that has the lowest clear rate of mine, which is somewhat surprising since I thought Plumbing Pandemonium was tougher!

I'll play some of your levels later folks, Im only recently recovering from some pretty nasty anitbiotics so I got some catching up to do!

I have a friend who has recently bought this game and I’m trying to give his level some exposure. His code is 9P9 – C4F – GNF. He likes to make challenging levels. He goes by the name Tazerific (yeah I don’t get it either). He said he’d be grateful for any feedback

Last edited:

Theorymon

I have a friend who has recently bought this game and I’m trying to give his level some exposure. His code is 9P9 – C4F – GF. He likes to make challenging levels. He goes by the name Tazerific (yeah I don’t get it either). He said he’d be grateful for any feedback
Hey I'd love to play this, but it seems like you forgot a letter!

Anyways, I actually have 3 new courses ever since I last posted here. They're all wildly different from each other!

Cosmic Ballet!
Code: 7BY-9FD-RLF

This one a lot of you are going to find very difficult. Idea is you push the trigger buttons in mid air to do a mid air twirl, and keep doing that in a good rhythm. Once you get the hang of it, you can practically float since this is a low gravity course! You better learn this: Most of the courses challeneges are based around mastering this technique to get through!

Game Boy 30th Anniversary Party!
Code: P3G-HDQ-FKF

This level blew the fuck up recently, soaring past 400 likes! The idea is simple: Bowser is celebrating the Game Boy's 30th anniversery... by trapping you in one! Most of the level takes place inside a to-scale Game Boy screen (to be specfic, the size of one room in Super Mario Land). The Game Boy isn't always still ether: sometimes it moves, becoming a cramped auto scroller!

The reason this blew up isnt just because of the Game Boy, its also the fact that it references 3 Game Boy launch games: Super Mario Land, Alleway, and Tetris. The Tetris part seems especially popular!

NSMBU Unused Course 44-8 Remake
Code: P1R-4XX-CTG

This is an actual unused course from New Super Mario Bros U, that was datamined from the Switch version. I make a couple of changes such as Lakitu throwing out small fire pirhanas instead of giant pirhanas, aesthetic changes, Fire Flower because no Ice Flower, and other minor stuff like that. Otherwise, the conveyer belt and lakitu theme is intact from the NSMBU version! It's a sorta annoying course, so this isnt a masterpiece or anything, but I thought this was a cool piece of Mario history to preserve!

Oh yeah I forgot to post ths here! I made a new level a few days ago.

SMB3 Cut Ice Levels Corruption

Code is DH6-1P8-5MF

So the idea for this level is that Bowser realized he's in a video game, and has tilted the cartridge to put you in two actual unused SMB3 levels! Specfically, unused levels 6 and 7 (you can look them up on youtube, I tried to be as faithful to them as possible). However, Bowser goes too far, and actually corrupts SMB3, leading to a level that looks like its starting to glitch out!

This might end up being my most controversial level, because it deliberately breaks some level design rules because the real levels are "corrupted". It also seems to have the level that has the lowest clear rate of mine, which is somewhat surprising since I thought Plumbing Pandemonium was tougher!

I'll play some of your levels later folks, Im only recently recovering from some pretty nasty anitbiotics so I got some catching up to do!
Wow, I knew this was going to be a doozy since WR was 10 min, but I was not prepared for that. I thought one of my levels is probably too long and tough to figure out, but I don't feel so bad about it after this level! I was stuck on that last section for forever. That hidden block under the OFF switch was the bane of my existence. >:( I am generally a very chill person and don't get too frustrated by games, but the number of times I accidentally hit that block were definitely starting to wear down my patience :P

So, perhaps I could invite you to try my long level as payback? ;)

What a sinister way to go: TYD-NGD-NSG

This was the first level I made and definitely tough. It is meant to be a challenge that didn't require super-precise platforming or tricky shell jumps or anything, but in hindsight perhaps I should have split it into 2 separate levels.

Only 126 plays so far, no clears, and probably most of the players moved on after a few attempts. I imagine most players don't have the patience to explore and figure out what you need to do, and even once you've figured it out it's still a bit tough. It's not a troll level, so no tricky kaizo stuff, glitches, or BS hidden blocks.

So if you or anyone else here would like to try to be the first to clear it, please be my guest. :)

I have made one other level so far that is much shorter and much easier (it has a couple of clears!):

Kitty feeding frenzy: 72H-N56-VSF

It was meant to be easy since I made it for my partner, but I didn't want it to be too easy so I put some obstacles in there, and, well, it's still easy, just not easy enough for her to beat :P It's a bit of a speedrun, but the timer is generous.

Finally, maker ID: LK2-V85-5GG

Thanks to anyone who throws these levels some love! I'll try to play more here later, but Theorymon's level has wiped me out for now!

It's done, I've finished it in… 1 Week ?
Amazing! Congratulations and thank you! I was worried it turned out a bit too difficult/annoying after I discovered you could only place two checkpoints per level... Glad that at least with some persistence you were able to conquer it, hopefully it wasn't too frustrating!

I played a few other levels here since my last post, including a couple of SpiritGuy's. I don't remember all the ones I've played tho.

Last edited:
Hello all. Here are a few of my levels.
Dungeon Renovations: YJR-954-NCG
Clouds Taste Metallic: H32-8WD-0QF
A Night at the Arcade: J8J-GWP-0HG
That"s a Spicey Meatball...!: 1BM-9TW-80G
Now I have 38 courses and I always play multiple courses from any maker that plays mine. That being said, I have a course that's not getting the love. If someone can beat and like this cursed course, I will spread the love across their entire maker archive.
Fixed My Confuzzle: 0N6-2X6-2RF
Thanks for your time.

Hello all. Here are a few of my levels.
Dungeon Renovations: YJR-954-NCG
Clouds Taste Metallic: H32-8WD-0QF
A Night at the Arcade: J8J-GWP-0HG
That"s a Spicey Meatball...!: 1BM-9TW-80G
Now I have 38 courses and I always play multiple courses from any maker that plays mine. That being said, I have a course that's not getting the love. If someone can beat and like this cursed course, I will spread the love across their entire maker archive.
Fixed My Confuzzle: 0N6-2X6-2RF
Thanks for your time.
Played a few of those including the requested one, gonna call it a night now! Good luck with the rest of your levels & thanks for playing mine too :swole:

Thank you RocketSurgery. I thought I was wasting my time. I'm going to keep an eye on your courses. I'm a maker of my word. By the why, you need to work up your difficulty as the level progresses, you don't want to discourage people early. Don't make the mistakes I did. Have fun with your future endeavors and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Last edited:
Played a few of those including the requested one, gonna call it a night now! Good luck with the rest of your levels & thanks for playing mine too :swole:
Thank you RocketSurgery. I thought I was wasting my time. I'm going to keep an eye on your courses. I'm a maker of my word. By the why, you need to work up your difficulty as the level progresses, you don't want to discourage people early. Don't make the mistakes I did. Have fun with your future endeavors and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)