Volcarona + Vikavolt
Pokemon Name:
Volcarona-Voltage
Egg Group: Bug
Stats: 85/60/78/135/105/100
Type: Fire/Electric
Abilities: Flame Body/Levitate (Swarm)
New Moves: Volt Switch, Discharge, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Thunder Wave
Dex Entry: The flapping of its wings create sparks and friction, from which it can produce electric and heat based discharges.
Competitive Use: Volc throws away its bug typing for a far superior floating electric typing, 13 more defense and electric coverage. With a weakness count of 2, a resistance count of 8, including coveted boltbeam resistance and ground and grounded hazard immunity gives Volcarona a lot more effective durability. It still needs Hidden Power to get through certain walls types effectively, such as dragon, who resists its STABs. Some may still be able to fly above the HP Ground it might still carry for Heatran. As with Gyarados, dunno how good it is, just that it definitely shows that some of those 'niched' NU and below mons have unique features that need to get explored.
Definitely way too op. Volcarona is already amazing and then you give it a ground immunity and a better secondary STAB? Not letting it through, is banned, sorry.
Base >
< Donor
Pokémon Name
: Scolipede-Warrior
Egg Group: Bug
Stats: 60/113/89/55/69/112 (498 BST | Averaged Attack)
Typing: Bug / Water
New Moves: First Impression, Liquidation, U-Turn, Leech Life, Aqua Jet
Abilities: Poison Point / Emergency Exit | Speed Boost
Dex Entry: Warrior Scolipede are capable of piercing thorough solid woods, making them dangerous to anyone who trespass their territory.
Competitive Potentials: With access of Speed Boost, dual Priority STAB and improved Attack, Warrior Scolipede isn't going to be someone who should be underestimated. Speed Boost allows for snowballing and makes it nearly impossible to outspeed, and makes it an imposing revenge killer in addition to access of First Impression or Aqua Jet. Leech Life can be used to sustain itself, and Earthquake can be use as a coverage move against most Electric-type and enemy Poison-type like Toxapex. U-Turn can be used for momentum.
Is It Overpowered?: It's bulk remain poor compared to a great amount of OU-viable Pokemon, especially on the Special side. It's Attack, while improved, is still not extraordinary and may need to set up to properly sweep. Bug / Water STAB combo can be blocked by Zapdos, Skarmory, Celesteela, Toxapex (if Warrior Scolipede doesn't run Earthquake), Unaware Clefable (if not running Poison-type coverage or hope for Defense drop from Liquidation) and Magnezone (if, again, Warrior Scolipede doesn't run Earthquake). It also compete with Greninja who have a more powerful Ash-Greninja form and better starting speed, and Mega Swampert who have better durability, but Warrior Scolipede at least become able to outspeed practically everything once it remains alive long enough.

Base >
< Donor
Pokémon Name
: Mamoswine-Cameo
Egg Group: Field
Stats: 110/130/80/70/90/80 (560 BST | Averaged Sp. Defense)
Typing: Ice / Normal
New Moves: Shadow Sneak, Sucker Punch, Knock Off, Fake Out, Drain Punch
Abilities: Oblivious / Protean | Thick Fat
Dex Entry: Despite it's large size, Cameo Mamoswine can easily hide on any spot by adapting the color and designs of the environment. The problem is that the blue marking on its face doesn't do the camouflage.
Competitive Potentials: Protean Wallbreaker or Revenge Killer. Fake Out + Shadow Sneak/Sucker Punch/Ice Shard can be a deadly Priority for revenge killing combo, and it have other tools that are perpetually STAB-boosted as well, such as Drain Punch, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Superpower, Avalanche, Iron Head and Double-Edge, making its potential coverage a bit unpredictable. Just the fact that it can learn four Priority moves means that you won't know what will it use (though Fake Out is generally guaranteed) until it uses them, giving pressure to almost every offensive Pokemon (aside of Tapu Lele if it switches in. See below for obvious reason).
Is It Overpowered?: Psychic Terrain can screw up with its Priority moves, and while its bulk allows it to take hits from neutral hits, a misprediction can result a potentially embarrassing loss for Cameo Mamoswine (i.e. using Shadow Sneak on a Fighting-type who is going to use Knock Off). 80 Speed isn't too impressive (but not too slow either), meaning that even with Priority moves, it might be revenge killed just as easily (though Sucker Punch means that Mega Alakazam must fight it cautiously unless if it have Psychic Terrain support). It also competes with fellow Protean users, Greninja and Camo Kingdra, by virtue of being faster, but Cameo Mamoswine do have better starting power, bulk and the cheeky Fake Out + other Priority combo.

Base >
< Donor
Pokémon Name
: Sylveon-Protector
Stats: 95/65/98/110/130/60 (558 BST | Averaged Defense)
Typing: Fairy / Ground
New Moves: Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Earth Power, Stealth Rock
Abilities: Solid Rock | Pixilate
Dex Entry: The heavy armor of Protector Sylveon allows it to protect its Trainer or other Pokemon it really cares from any threat. It also use its fairy power to keep itself afloat over the water.
Competitive Potentials: Having a potentially potent Fairy / Ground typing, Protector Sylveon can bring terror to Fighting-types, Dragon-types and Electric-types alike. With a Calm Mind set up, its Pixilate Hyper Voice or Moonblast and Earth Power, alongside either Flamethrower, Ice Beam or Thunderbolt, it is able to hit a lot of Pokemon in the OU tier, and a Calm Mind boosted Special Defense allows it to tank special moves, even Super Effective moves if running Solid Rock. The improved Defense for Protector Sylveon allows it to tank Physical Moves a little better. It is also one of those Stealth Rock setters.
Is It Overpowered?: Even with an improved Defense, dedicated wallbreakers with Super Effective moves or boosted Attack can quickly take it down, especially Kartana and Tapu Bulu with their Grass-type STAB (though neither will never want to switch-in into a Flamethrower). It also suffer from 4MSS, which means that there is a chance that one special wall will stop it, and Chansey is always an option to wear it down. It also competes with several other Special Attacking Fairy-types, most notably Tapu Lele for being able to set up Psychic Terrain and better starting Special Attack, but Protector Sylveon compensates with being able to eliminate most Poison-types and have better bulk.​
All of these concern me. Scolipede-Warrior is the most blatant one IMO. Celesteela is far from a check with Swords Dance and nothing to hit it solidly with aside from maybe Flamethrower, and that attack stat with Water/Bug/Ground coverage devastates just about everything aside from the rare Unaware Clefable. Meanwhile, Mamoswine is slower than other Protean users, but who cares when you got 130 Attack and STAB on everything, including rudementaery Ghost/Fighting coverage and Sucker Punch? Finally, my main concern with your Sylveon is not the attacking side (although that could be devastating as well) but mainly its incredible potential as a WishPasser alongside that power. Scolipede and Mamo are banned while I'm open to deliberation on Sylveon.

Keep it up guys! Subs will end on Thursday.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Definitely way too op. Volcarona is already amazing and then you give it a ground immunity and a better secondary STAB? Not letting it through, is banned, sorry.

All of these concern me. Scolipede-Warrior is the most blatant one IMO. Celesteela is far from a check with Swords Dance and nothing to hit it solidly with aside from maybe Flamethrower, and that attack stat with Water/Bug/Ground coverage devastates just about everything aside from the rare Unaware Clefable. Meanwhile, Mamoswine is slower than other Protean users, but who cares when you got 130 Attack and STAB on everything, including rudementaery Ghost/Fighting coverage and Sucker Punch? Finally, my main concern with your Sylveon is not the attacking side (although that could be devastating as well) but mainly its incredible potential as a WishPasser alongside that power. Scolipede and Mamo are banned while I'm open to deliberation on Sylveon.

Keep it up guys! Subs will end on Thursday.
Look, I'm not really prepared for a slate like this. I'll keep Protector Sylveon unless others would want this banned as well, while I replace the other two by two new submissions I aim to be much more reasonable.

Pokemon Name: Haxorus-Aurora (Haxorus + Aurorus)
Egg Group: Monster
Stats
: 99/147/90/60/70/97 (563) (HP)
Type
: Dragon/Ice
New Moves
: Avalanche, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Freeze Dry, Aurora Beam
Abilities
: Refrigerate / Mold Breaker / Unnerve (Hidden)
Height
: (Optional)
Weight
Dex Entry
: ok so haxorus, but with AURORA AXES
Competitive Use
: stronk fridge

Pokemon Name: Nidoking-Golden (Nidoking + Dunsparce)
Stats
: 90/102/77/85/75/85 (514) (HP)
Type
: Poison/Normal
New Moves
: Roost, Coil, Calm Mind, Zen Headbutt, Glare
Abilities
: Serene Grace / Rivalry / Sheer Force (Hidden)
Height
Weight
Dex Entry
: nidoking but gold, also with wings and a drill at the end of tail. the wings aren't at the end of the tail they're just on nidoking
Competitive Use
: nidoking but with setup (but no earth power STAB) (but it does get body slam from past gens). since this variant gives it glare and it already had headbutt from hgss, you can also use that paraflinch dunsparce set if you wanna

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I cant see anything wrong with Sylveon Protector. Yh it can pass Wish. Nice for Stall ig? Wish isnt something that you just slap on any team because it can be very momentum draining. I'd probably just say it doesnt need BoltBeam + Flamethrower.

And Mamoswine? Its broken how? You mention Ghost/Fighting coverage, but this Ghost STAB is SHADOW SNEAK. Combined with its slow speed against offense, being weak to hazards and inability to boost, I'd say Mamoswine is more than managable

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
I cant see anything wrong with Sylveon Protector. Yh it can pass Wish. Nice for Stall ig? Wish isnt something that you just slap on any team because it can be very momentum draining. I'd probably just say it doesnt need BoltBeam + Flamethrower.

And Mamoswine? Its broken how? You mention Ghost/Fighting coverage, but this Ghost STAB is SHADOW SNEAK. Combined with its slow speed against offense, being weak to hazards and inability to boost, I'd say Mamoswine is more than managable
Wait, of course. That being said, you can also chain a Fake Out + Shadow Sneak to compensate Shadow Sneak's weak Base Power.

I would consider removing Thunderbolt and replace it with Earthquake (which is just for flavor) for Protector Sylveon, allowing Water-types (except Toxapex does to it's Poison-typing) so take on it much more safely. This also allows Flying-type Pokemon not weak to Ice Beam such as Mega Charizard Y to counter it more reliably. Would that be enough?

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Wait, of course. That being said, you can also chain a Fake Out + Shadow Sneak to compensate Shadow Sneak's weak Base Power.

I would consider removing Thunderbolt and replace it with Earthquake (which is just for flavor) for Protector Sylveon, allowing Water-types (except Toxapex does to it's Poison-typing) so take on it much more safely. This also allows Flying-type Pokemon not weak to Ice Beam such as Mega Charizard Y to counter it more reliably. Would that be enough?
I guess you're right, perhaps I panicked a bit too much. I'll allow the Mamo and the Sylveon without Thunderbolt. Scolipede's still banne tho

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
I guess you're right, perhaps I panicked a bit too much. I'll allow the Mamo and the Sylveon without Thunderbolt. Scolipede's still banne tho
That means I only to find one replacement, though I would say it won't be as easy as it was in prior slates. Thanks for understanding, but I do apologize for causing some initial panic.

Pokemon Name: Empoleon-Armored (Empoleon + Rhyperior)
Stats: 84 / 113 / 88 / 111 / 101 / 60 (557 BST, Attack stats averaged)
Type:

New Moves: Earth Power, Stone Edge, Pursuit, Iron Head, Ice Punch
Abilities: Lightning Rod | HA: Defiant
Dex Entry: It dwells on high cliffs that stand out on the sea, being an expert cliber and diver. At those heights, inhabitants of the mountains come often to visit.
Empoleon-Armored @ Choice Specs
Ability: Lighting Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
IVs: 0 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Scald / Hydro Pump / Surf
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam

Empoleon-Armored @ Choice Band / Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
IVs: 0 Spe
Brave Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Earthquake
- Liquidation / Ice Punch / Avalance
- Iron Head / Knock Off / Pursuit / Swords Dance

Pokemon Name: Tsareena-Shroom (Tsareena + Breloom)
Egg Group: Grass
Stats: 72 / 125 / 98 / 50 / 98 / 72 (515 BST, Attack stats averaged)
Type:

New Moves: Bullet Seed, Leech Seed, Drain Punch, Mach Punch, Swords Dance
Abilities: Leaf Guard / Queenly Majesty | HA: Technician
Dex Entry: WIP
Tsareena-Shroom @ Life Orb / Choice Scarf / Choice Band
Ability: Queenly Majesty / Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Power Whip / Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- High Jump Kick / Drain Punch
- Swords Dance / U-turn / Knock Off

Tsareena-Shroom @ Leftovers
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Rapid Spin
- Synthesis / Aromatherapy
- Swords Dance

Pokemon Name: Lucario-Wild (Lucario + Gumshoos)
Stats: 79 / 110 / 70 / 115 / 70 / 90 (534 BST, HP stats averaged)
Type:

New Moves: Super Fang, Pursuit, U-turn, Fire Fang, Ice Fang
Abilities: Steadfast / Inner Focus | HA: Adaptability
Dex Entry: WIP
Lucario-Wild @ Life Orb / Silk Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- High Jump Kick / Close Combat / Drain Punch
- Pursuit / Ice Punch / Thunder Punch / Blaze Kick / Circle Throw
- Super Fang / Swords Dance

Lucario-Wild @ Choice Scarf / Toxic Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed / Facade
- High Jump Kick / Close Combat / Drain Punch
- Ice Punch / Thunder Punch / Blaze Kick
- U-turn / Circle Throw / Swords Dance

Lucario-Wild @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature
- Vacuum Wave / Aura Sphere
- Focus Blast / Aura Sphere
- Hyper Beam / Swift (?)
- U-turn / Shadow Ball / Psychic / Dark Pulse / Flash Cannon / Dragon Pulse

Last edited:
A relatively tame combination for what it does. (Primeape somehow does not get Superpower.)

Pokemon Name: Serperior-Feral (Field)
Stats: 75/90/95/75/95/113 | 543 BST
Type: Grass/Fighting
New Moves: Close Combat, U-turn, Stone Edge, Overheat, Vacuum Wave
Abilities: Overgrow, Defiant, Contrary
Height: 2.1m
Weight: 47.5kg (60 BP)
Dex Entry: While noble, it shows anger in its glare and in combat. This anger stays suppressed by the solar energy that it absorbs with its grassy pelt of raised fur.

Shrooms

Pokemon Name: Amoonguss-Lumen (Grass)
Stats: 114/85/70/85/90/30 | 474 BST
Type: Poison/Fairy
New Moves: Strength Sap, Moonblast, Leech Seed, Magic Coat, Thunder Wave
Abilities: Effect Spore, Rain Dish, Regenerator
Height: 0.8m
Weight: 11kg (40 BP)
Dex Entry: Through bioluminescence, it creates special effects with its Poké Ball caps, deterring predators and enticing prey. It emits spores in the process, and victims thereof end up drained of vitality.

Resub (renamed)
Birds of a feather build up together.

Pokemon Name: Mandibuzz-Audacious (Flying)
Stats: 110/94/105/55/95/80 | 539 BST
Type: Dark/Flying
New Moves: Superpower, Bulk Up, Rock Slide, Zen Headbutt, Hone Claws
Abilities: Defiant, Overcoat, Weak Armor
Height: 1.3m
Weight: 40.2kg (60 BP)
Dex Entry: It goes to great lengths to scavenge weakened Pokémon. The more its feathers are riddled with scars, the more struggles it has undergone in its scavenging career.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Three winners so far!

Base >
< Donor
Pokémon Name
: Sylveon-Protector
Stats: 95/65/98/110/130/60 (558 BST | Averaged Defense)
Typing: Fairy / Ground
New Moves: Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Earthquake, Earth Power, Stealth Rock
Abilities: Solid Rock | Pixilate
Dex Entry: The heavy armor of Protector Sylveon allows it to protect its Trainer or other Pokemon it really cares from any threat. It also use its fairy power to keep itself afloat over the water.
Competitive Potentials: Having a potentially potent Fairy / Ground typing, Protector Sylveon can bring terror to Fighting-types, Dragon-types and Electric-types alike. With a Calm Mind set up, its Pixilate Hyper Voice or Moonblast and Earth Power, alongside either Flamethrower or Thunderbolt, it is able to hit a lot of Pokemon in the OU tier, and a Calm Mind boosted Special Defense allows it to tank special moves, even Super Effective moves if running Solid Rock. The improved Defense for Protector Sylveon allows it to tank Physical Moves a little better. It is also one of those Stealth Rock setters.
Is It Overpowered?: Even with an improved Defense, dedicated wallbreakers with Super Effective moves or boosted Attack can quickly take it down, especially Kartana and Tapu Bulu with their Grass-type STAB (though neither will never want to switch-in into a Flamethrower). It also suffer from 4MSS, which means that there is a chance that one special wall will stop it, and Chansey is always an option to wear it down. It also competes with several other Special Attacking Fairy-types, most notably Tapu Lele for being able to set up Psychic Terrain and better starting Special Attack, but Protector Sylveon compensates with being able to eliminate most Poison-types and have better bulk. Lack of Thunderbolt means that multiple Water-type offensive Pokémon and Flying-type Pokemon not weak to Ice Beam can counter it very reliably.​

Pokemon Name: Skarmory-Primordial
Egg Group: Flying
Stats: 65 / 110 / 140 / 40 / 70 / 70 | BST: 495
Type: Steel / Flying
New Moves: Earthquake, Knock Off, U-Turn, Stone Edge, Quick Attack
Abilities: Defeatist | Sturdy | Weak Armor (HA)
Dex Entry: While this Skarmory variant is less-than-stellar at flying, its powerful claws and hard body are beyond peak performance.
Competitive Use: Skarmory takes revenge for being a sitting duck, and can now actually deal back damage with its pretty good coverage and 110 Attack, amped up with a Swords Dance. Its quite easy to do thanks to its typing and 140 Defense, but its Speed is quite mediocre at best, even after a Agility. Defensively, it has a switching move, but other than that, its about the same.
+

Pokemon Name: Infernape-Bugout
Egg Group: Human-like (seriously)
Stats: 76/104/71/104/78/108 (Special Defense stats averaged)
Type: Fire/Bug
New Moves: Bug Buzz, Play Rough, Ice Punch, Thunderbolt, Giga Drain
Abilities: Blaze/Tinted Lens (Iron Fist)
Dex Entry: Fluttering about, this monkey takes to the trees and feasts like a bug. It can use its lenses to find precious tree dwelling morsels.
Competitive Use: Fire/Bug is a balancing act to keep it from being too easy to bring in. Still, Tinted Lens is the real hero here and is why Volbeat's Tail Glow isn't being considered instead, since it doesn't get that ability and Prankster doesn't really help you kill as well as Tinted Lens would.
We also need one more new/changed vote for tiebreaker purposes! Check the "votes" tab and pick any of the ones with two votes currently. First come, first serve!

While that's going on, we'll be starting the last slate, at least for now. Yes, already. This'll be an ordinary slate, but the total number we're gonna be aiming for is 25. The 3 winners + tiebreaker this slate brings us at 21 mons, meaning we'll be aiming for 4 winners for the last slate as well. Go all out and have fun!

Sylveon-Protector 3
Skarmory-Primordial 3
Infernape-Bugout 3

Gengar-Enchanted 2
Nidoking-Golden 2
Empoleon-Armored 2
Breloom-Luau 2
Mandibuzz-Audacious 2
Amoonguss-Lumen 2

Primarina-Crook 1
Gyarados-Horned 1
Tangrowth-Roses 1

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
Breloom-Luau will take my vote.

Pokemon Name: Gardevoir-Sandwoman
Egg Group: Amorphous
Stats: 68 / 65 / 87 / 125 / 115 / 80 | BST: 540
Type: Ground / Fairy
New Moves: Earth Power, Shore Up, Energy Ball, Sludge Bomb, Stealth Rock
Abilities: Synchronize | Trace | Water Compaction (HA)
Dex Entry: They whip up magical sand that puts the target into a dream-like trance. Its effects are said to be the origin of LSD.
Competitive Use: Whipping up a storm, a reborn version of the Gastrodon-Gardevoir thing I made earlier before the gutting. Basically, its a Gardevoir with interesting STAB combination, improved bulk (kinda), and a bit more coverage. However, you're weak to Water and Grass, but being resistant to Stealth Rock is a plus.

Pokemon Name: Leafeon-Cutlass
Stats: 65 / 110 / 130 / 87 / 65 / 95 | BST: 552
Type: Grass / Steel
New Moves: Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Close Combat, Extreme Speed, Ice Punch
Abilities: Leaf Guard | Justified | Chlorophyll (HA)
Dex Entry: When mates me for a female, they dance around while clanging their tails together. The victor is when one loses their tail, but they regrow through photosynthesis.
Competitive Use: Well, that didn't took much. Leafeon's a pretty interesting case, in which its type spread was actually really good, and it had access to Swords Dance as well, but it lacked any good other moves and typing. Leafeon-Cutlass serves as a fast setup sweeper, thanks to its excellent 130 Defense and Grass/Steel typing. Its movepool, albeit a bit barren has some really nice tools, like Knock Off, Extreme Speed, and its STABs, Leaf Blade and Meteor Mash. 95 Speed isn't too bad either, and it can run Chlorophyll to go faster. However, it does possess not so good HP and Special Defense stats, which does cause it to not takes special moves well, especially Fire-type moves. Also, it doesn't have a real good way to deal with Flying-types, as its best move against them is the mediocre Ice Punch.

Pokemon Name: Machamp-Wu Xing
Egg Group: Human-Like
Stats: 90 / 130 / 80 / 100 / 85 / 55 | BST: 528
Type: Psychic / Fighting
New Moves: Psychic, Zen Headbutt, Drain Punch, Zap Cannon, Dazzling Gleam
Abilities: Guts | No Guard | Magic Guard (HA)
Dex Entry: Among mastering all martial arts, this Machamp has learned elemental harmony and spirit balance, providing it with a state of inner peace.
Competitive Use: Surprised no one did this until now, but Machamp-Wu Xing has been revealed to the public. Its good 100 Special Attack now allows it to use Machamp's unique access to Fire Blast (because Gen 1), as well as using its new tools as such. It does have 3 amazing abilities, too. Guts for monstrous power, No Guard for perfect accuracy Focus Blasts, Zap Cannons, and Dynamic Punches, or Magic Guard for immunity to Life Orb damage and other annoying side-effects. However, its pretty slow at 55 Speed, meaning either Trick Room or the paralysis effect is needed to outspeed, and it heavily suffers from its choices and 4MSS.

EDIT: Well, I guess there's a consequence of not having any ideas saved.

Last edited:

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Base >
< Donor
Pokémon Name
: Leafeon-Blitz
Stats: 85/110/130/60/65/95 (545 BST | Averaged HP)
Typing: Grass / Fire
New Moves: Flare Blitz, Fire Punch, Earthquake, Bulk Up, U-Turn
Abilities: Sheer Force | Chlorophyll
Dex Entry: Blitz Leafeon’s Flare Blitz is capable of pushing away a Bastiodon, and is able to benefit from the sun in battles without ill effect.
Competitive Potentials: Having access to Chlorophyll without having the weakness to Fire is already a benefit by itself. It also have access to Earthquake to quickly dispatch Heatran and Poison-type threats, and a sun-boosted Flare Blitz is going to leave a serious dent to anything not resisting it. Blitz Leafeon can also run Sheer Force when not on a sun team, making it a set-up wallbreaker or set-up sweeper. Bulk Up is not Swords Dance, but can make up for this by boosting its already solid Defense, making it potentially difficult for other Physical threats to take it down afterward, with Mega Mawile being no exception does to Blitz Leafeon resisting both of the Steel and Fairy types. U-Turn is for offensive pivoting or to keep the momentum.
Is It Overpowered?: Aside of obvious Stealth Rocks weakness, Blitz Leafeon sports a weak Special bulk, leaving it vulnerable to Special Attackers, most notably Mega Alakazam. As Chlorophyll is weather dependant, its sweeping spree can be disrupted by Drizzle, Sand Stream or Snow Warning, though Tyranitar and Hippowdon would not want to get hit by Grass STAB. While Sheer Force can put big pressure on walls, a few like Toxapex, Mega Venusaur and Heatran (though the latter only works if Blitz Leafeon don’t run Earthquake) can take a hit, with Toxapex’s Haze cancelling its Swords Dance/Bulk Up set up.

Base >
< Donor
Pokémon Name
: Mienshao-Cannon
Egg Group: Human-like
Stats: 65/125/60/110/60/105 (525 BST | Averaged Special Attack)
Typing: Fighting / Fire
New Moves: Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Flare Blitz, Mach Punch, Fire Blast
Abilities: Vital Spirit / Regenerator | Reckless
Dex Entry: Cannon Mienshao’s cannons allows it to launch fiery fists at the opponent, and will use it to spout long ranged flames against target that are harmful to touch.
Competitive Potentials: There is not one single Special Attacking Fighting-type in OU, so here we are. While its Attack is higher, it’s Special Attack allows it for special or even mixed sweeping to caught unsuspecting opponents off guard. Swords Dance or Calm Mind allows for set-up sweeping, with Regenerator making residual damage less problematic and combine well with U-Turn, or Reckless to go insane with Flare Blitz and High Jump Kick. Mach Punch can be a helpful priority move to finish off weakened very threats like Mega Lopunny, Terrakion, Excadrill, Black Kyurem, Mega Diancie, and to outspeed Crawdaunt’s Aqua Jet.
Is It Overpowered?: While Regenerator do mildly neglect the residual damage, especially with U-Turn, Cannon Mienshao remains frail and can get revenge killed by faster threats like Mega Alakazam and (Ash-)Greninja, especially the second’s Water Shuriken. High Jump Kick is risky and can leave it blundered if used against Protect, and Focus Blast can be unreliable does to being prone to missing, leaving the weaker STABs (Drain Punch + Aura Sphere) encouraging setting up. It can also suffer 4MSS if using Bulk Up or Calm Mind, leaving it at mercy against the likes of Toxapex, Tapu Fini, Unaware Clefable, rain-boosted Mega Swampert, Hippowdon and Suicune.

Base >
< Donor
Pokémon Name
: Beartic-Spinning
Stats: 95/130/80/70/80/55 (510 BST | Averaged Speed)
Typing: Ice / Normal
New Moves: Sucker Punch, Stomping Tantrum, Last Resort, Fake Out, Zen Headbutt
Abilities: Contrary / Slush Rush | Swift Swim
Dex Entry: Spinning Beartic have a tendency to spin around, using their strength into their spinning technique to knock opponent away. The repeated spinning increases in power, but will leave Spinning Beartic afterwards.
Competitive Potentials: Snowballing wallbreaker thanks to Superpower + Contrary. With that into consideration, it can equip Assault Vest while spamming Superpower at will, and use its STAB(s) and other coverage like Stomping Tantrum and Zen Headbutt to punish switch-ins. Fake Out can be used to combine with Sucker Punch to finish off most weak threats as well. Overall, an oddball that can become extremely potent if left snowballing, especially one form a Trick Room team.
Is It Overpowered?: Even if using an Assault Vest, dedicated special wallbreaker faster than it will have near no worries about Spinning Beartic, especially with Fighitng STAB/coverage. Fighting-types in general will put a stop into Spinning Beartic before it could have a chance to use Superpower. Its STABs except Return and Avalanche are weak, and its low speed means that it will quickly be worn down eventually, making it more recommended as a late-game sweeper.

I hope none of these would be too powerful like the last time. I already constructed them before the previous slate being different.​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)