Winners!

Ninjask: CoolMan6001

Pokemon: Ninjask
Take: 2
Type: Bug / Dark (Night Slash)
Ability: Unburden / Intimidate
Stats: 50 / 130 / 50 / 100 / 50 / 160
New Moves: Knock Off, Dark Pulse
Competitive Niche: With it's great speed and high offenses, Ninjask is a great Pokemon for offensive teams to use alike. It's high speed tier even rivals Mega Alakazam, while it's Dark typing provides STAB Knock Off to hit Pokemon with. Intimidate with STAB U-Turn also lets it act like a lead. It's coverage stinks though, as it only has STAB attacks on the physical side, while it's special coverage in Giga Drain and Hidden Power is hitting off a weaker attacking stat that can't be boosted. Still, it is something to prepare for.
Sample Sets:
Ninjask @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Rampardos: Tuthur1

Pokemon: Rampardos
Take: 1
Type:

Ability: Sheer Force | Technician
Stats: 100/165/65/75/50/90 | 545
New Moves: Accelerock, Bonemerang
Competitive Niche: SD, Mixed Wallbreaker
Good MU: Stall, Volcarona, Slow/Fat Balanced, Zard-Y, HO
Bad MU: Rain, Tapu Lele, Medicham, Lopunny, Scarf Landorus, Hippowdon, Jirachi
As for Vikavolt, looks like we have a tie between G-Luke and Tuthur1. Get your votes in quick to break it!

Okay, it looks like Tuthur1 has won Vikavolt! Now it is time for the special slate:
Slate #5: Ubers Special!
Despite being classified as Uber, these pokes aren't that useful in that environment. Darkrai, despite being a powerful special attacker with access to Nasty Plot, just got hit with a massive nerf to its main move, Dark Void, as well as facing severe competition with Yveltal, Landorus, while also being powerful, is also frail and doesn't possess any useful resistances, and Genesect is heavily reliant on a Download boost for its power, its speed and bulk are bad, and it is hard to justify over the multitude of other Steels in Ubers.

Because this is a slate dedicated to Ubers, your submissions for these pokemon can be up to 680 BST, just remember to keep the power level of the Uber tier in mind. Here is a link to the Ubers VR to know what the main threats are.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take #1: KILL EVERYTHING! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Stat Restriction: One attacking stat must be at least 150, Defense and Sp. Def. stats cannot be over 120, speed cannot exceed 110
Type Restriction: The pokemon must keep its primary type
Ability Restriction: 4.5
New Moves: 2 new moves of the pokemon's new secondary type, 2 other offensive moves with at least 80 BP

Take #2: Ability to the Max!
Stat Restriction: No stats above 120.
Type Restriction: The pokemon must keep the type it currently has
Ability Restriction: 5
New Moves: Any 3 moves, including reliable recovery

Take #3: Impenetrable Fortress
Stat Restriction: One defensive stat must be at least 180, sum of the defensive stats have to be at least 270, attacking stats cannot be any higher than 100
Type Restriction: N/A
Ability Restriction: 4
New Moves: 2 status moves, except ones that boost stats
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, and this will hopefully be the last slate before playtesting begins. I understand that Dragon Heaven is down, so I'll try to ask Scoopapa if it's possible to put the project on ROM, if not, guess its more slates!

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
WIPs

Pokemon: Darkrai
Type: Dark / Poison
Ability: No Guard / Mega Launcher
Stats: 75 HP / 125 Atk / 90 Def / 150 SpA / 110 SpD / 110 Spe
New Moves: Gunk Shot, Sludge Wave, Superpower, Heat Wave

Pokemon: Landorus
Type: Ground / Flying
Ability: Dust Bowl* (Water Bubble Clone) / Delta Stream
*Doubles the power of Ground type moves uesed by this Pokemon. Reduces damage from Ice type moves by 50%. Immune to freezing.
Stats: 119 HP / 100 Atk / 90 Def / 100 SpD / 80 SpD / 101
New Moves: Hurricane, Shore Up, Brave Bird

Pokémon: Genesect
Take: 3
Typing: Bug / Steel
Abilities: Download / Trace
Stats: 80 HP / 90 Atk / 120 Def / 70 SpA / 180 SpD / 120 Spe
New Moves: Slack Off, Defog

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock

Type: Dark
Ability: Bad Dreams / Doppelganger (Parental Bond rename)
Stats: 80 HP / 110 Atk / 100 Def / 110 SpA / 120 SpD / 120 Spe
New Moves: Sleep Powder, Superpower, Moonblast
Competitive Niche: A powerful mixed attacker that make in raw power for strong stat-raising moves, as well as 2-hit moves thanks to Doppelganger. Since Dark Void sucks now, it got Sleep Powder for a more reliable, but not broken, sleep move to use Bad Dreams with. It also has Superpower to have a powerful physical move, and Moonblast to deal with Fighting-types and other Dark-types, like Yveltal, a bit easier. However, while it has decent bulk, it has a not-so-good HP stat to make it up, plus it may be still hard for running sets with Doppelganger, since sleep is still one of the best things ever.

Ability: Dry Skin / Regenerator / Sheer Force
Stats: 120 HP / 99 Atk / 180 Def / 80 SpA / 90 SpD / 91 Spe
New Moves: Wish, Memento
Competitive Niche: The definition of a meat shield if I pretty much seen one (unlike the striding brother in my avatar). One that can recover its own HP, too. With 2 abilities that help heal it, as well as Wish, I think this is a bit too much overkill, but then again, high Defense is the star here. Offensive stats are low, but its a wall, so who really cares. You could also run Sheer Force and Life Orb to mimic the old Landy, though. It also has Memento because I wanted it to.

Typing: Bug / Fighting
Abilities: Tough Claws / Magic Guard / Download
Stats: 80 HP / 150 Atk / 120 Def / 150 SpA / 75 SpD / 90 Spe (is it fine to have both stats at 150?)
New Moves: Close Combat, Aura Sphere, Fire Blast, Shadow Ball
Compeditive Niche: OK, while the type sucks, it at least helps it stand out from the other Bug-types, even Pheromosa since this thing has a bigger movepool and higher bulk, not to mention more useful abilities. Launch powerful U-Turns and Close Combats with Tough Claws, Become basically immune to Poison, Stealth Rock, and Life Orb recoil with Magic Guard, or just go the standard Download route. It does have mediocre Speed and Special Defense, but at least it has Extreme Speed to help a bit.

Last edited:

Ability: Dry Skin / Regenerator / Sheer Force
Stats: 180 HP / 99 Atk / 100 Def / 80 SpA / 80 SpD / 91 Spe
New Moves: Wish, Memento
Competitive Niche: The definition of a meat shield if I pretty much seen one (unlike the striding brother in my avatar). One that can recover its own HP, too. With 2 abilities that help heal it, as well as Wish, I think this is a bit too much overkill, but then again, high HP is the star here. Offensive stats are low, but its a wall, so who really cares. You could also run Sheer Force and Life Orb to mimic the old Landy, though. It also has Memento because I wanted it to.

Typing: Bug / Fighting
Abilities: Tough Claws / Magic Guard / Download
Stats: 80 HP / 150 Atk / 125 Def / 130 SpA / 75 SpD / 90 Spe
New Moves: Close Combat, Aura Sphere, Fire Blast, Shadow Ball
Compeditive Niche: WIP
I probably should have been clearer on this, but when I said one of the defensive stats on take 3, I meant Defense and Sp. Def., so your Landorus will have to have its 180 HP changed with its Defense or Special Defense. Also on Genesect, lower the defense by 5 points so it follows the take.

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
I probably should have been clearer on this, but when I said one of the defensive stats on take 3, I meant Defense and Sp. Def., so your Landorus will have to have its 180 HP changed with its Defense or Special Defense. Also on Genesect, lower the defense by 5 points so it follows the take.
Fixed.

Type:
/

Ability: Bad Dreams / Berserk / Unaware
Stats: 100 / 90 / 120 / 90 / 180 / 100 (680 BST)
New Moves: Topsy-Turvy, Block
Competitive Niche: A fantastic defensive wall that can deal with the plethora of setup sweepers in Ubers thanks to Unaware and Topsy-Turvy, along with a great defensive typing, meaning moves like Xerneas's Geomancy will now be utterly useless. Block also allows it to trap defensive pokemon like Gothitelle and Wobbuffet, since Shadow Tag won't affect Darkrai due to its Ghost-type. While it can deal with set-up sweepers pretty well, it has trouble dealing with wallbreakers that can hit its lower Defense stat like max Atk Primal Groudon, Choice Band Ho-Oh, Necrozma-DM, and Mega Salamence. It also lacks offensive power, meaning walls like Chansey, Blissey, Ferrothorn and Lugia can deal with this easily.

Oh and Ticktock, your Defense or Special Defense still needs 10 more BST.
Keep the subs coming guys! I plan to start voting at Sunday!

Type:

Ability: Levitate
Stats: 90 / 80 / 80 / 150 / 90 / 110 ( 600 BST )
New Moves: Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Earth Power, Night Daze
Competitive Niche: A fairly straightforward attacker, with great offensive stats, passable bulk for what it does, and an ability that secures a few decent matchups for it.

Type:

Ability: Sand Force | No Guard (HA)
Stats: 70 / 100 / 205 / 100 / 120 / 85 ( 680 BST )
New Moves: Shore Up, Roost
Competitive Niche: A physical wall with one of the few good Rock-based dual types ( and a type with some Ubers potential imo ). Stealth Rock, Defog and U-turn give it all the support it needs already. Stone Edge + Focus Blast is a very nice attacking combo with No Guard that makes -Spe defensive sets pretty appealing, but Bulk Up sets with Stone Edge / Earthquake could work, also. Its stats seem ideal for Calm Mind, but it doesn't have good special STAB moves.

Pokemon: Genesect
Type:

Ability: Electric Surge
Stats: 90 / 150 / 120 / 120 / 100 / 100 ( 680 BST )
New Moves: Volt Tackle, Wild Charge, X-Scissor,
Competitive Niche: A wallbreaker of sorts, but more of a pivot, as outside of its astoundingly powerful Volt Tackle it's relying on strong U-turns and a wide array of coverage moves. It's not that fast but 100 at least outspeeds the typical tanky boxcover Uber, which is enough hopefully.

Last edited:
Okay and voting shall commence!
Darkrai: Scoopapa, G-Luke, Demon Dragon
Landorus: G-Luke, Ticktock, Scoopapa
Genesect: Scoopapa, G-Luke, Ticktock

Ok, since it seems we’re not getting more votes, and I don’t wanna hold a tiebreaker vote, I’ll announce the winners now:
Darkrai: Scoopapa
Landorus: G-Luke
Genesect: Scoopapa
On another note, we finally have a server for this meta at http://scoopapa-dh.glitch.me-80.psim.us/
Because of this, playtesting can finally begin. However, there are still some issues, so lmk if you see any.

Yeah, exactly what Cuddly said, school has taken up my time, but I'll promise I'll have a new slate by at least Saturday. In the meantime, discuss how these mons will impact the OU environment, create some teams, etc.

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Don’t you mean Ubers?
Pokemon: Genesect
Type:

Ability: Electric Surge
Stats: 90 / 150 / 120 / 120 / 100 / 100 ( 680 BST )
New Moves: Volt Tackle, Wild Charge, X-Scissor,
Competitive Niche: A wallbreaker of sorts, but more of a pivot, as outside of its astoundingly powerful Volt Tackle it's relying on strong U-turns and a wide array of coverage moves. It's not that fast but 100 at least outspeeds the typical tanky boxcover Uber, which is enough hopefully
I’m guessing Electric will become better now...

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Don’t you mean Ubers?

I’m guessing Electric will become better now...
That slate was designed for Ubers. The Pet Mod overall is n OU Mod. For future slates I'd like to see unexplored types / underutilized ones, since this Pet Mod has honestly has dealf with a particular set of typings to me.

Okay, sorry for the hiatus, but this Pet Mod is back with a new slate (per G-Luke's idea)!
Slate #IDK: Unexplored Types!
:sm/drampa: :sm/toxicroak: :sm/torterra:
These pokemon all have two things in common: they have unique type combinations, and they're completely unviable in OU. Drampa is horribly slow and its bulk is only average at best, Toxicroak lacks power compared to other Fighting-types and has a severe weakness to top threats like Lando-T and Mega Zam, and Torterra is a combination of all the other pokemon's faults in one. Not anymore! Today you are going to change these pokemon into the powerhouses they were meant to be, so that we get an understanding of how these types would truly do in OU.

NOTE: You are NOT allowed to change the typings on these pokemon because I want to see how they would function in an OU environment. This is also why I left out Type Restriction on the takes, do not take it as a way to change the typings willy-nilly.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take #1: Mindgames!
Stat Restriction: Each offensive stat must be at least 100, one defense stat must be at least 100
New Moves: 2 new STABs and 1 extra move

Take #2: I Like to Move it, Move it
Stat Restriction: Sum of offensive stats must equal sum of defensive stats
Ability Restriction: 3.5
New Moves: N/A (Add as many as you want, but don't get too crazy)

Take #3: The Annoyer
Stat Restriction: HP and Defensive stats have to have a sum of at least 300.
New Moves: 2 new status moves
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once again, I wish you luck.

737373elj

Banned deucer.
1570344439434.gif

Pokemon: Drampa
Type: Normal-Dragon
Ability: Berserk, Sap Sipper, Cloud Nine
Stats: 78 / 120 / 85 / 145 / 101 / 36 (BST 565)
New Moves: Swords Dance
Competitive Niche: It’s Special Attack, already high, now has decent Special Defense to tank hits. An addition of Swords Dance also makes Drampa far more dangerous as a new Physical attacker. Although it’s not much of a ‘Mind Game’, deciding whether it’s Physical or Special can be hard indeed. A low Speed however cripples it and makes it worse than it can be. Interesting check to Tapu Bulu though.
Sample Sets:
Note: all sets can be changed to become Trick Room by adding 0 Spe IVs and maybe changing it to a nature that reduces Speed.

Choice Specs
Drampa @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 140 HP / 252 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Focus Blast

Calm Mind
Drampa @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper / Berserk
EVs: 140 HP / 252 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost
- Flamethrower / Hyper Voice

Breakneck Blitz
Drampa @ Normalium Z
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk/ 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Giga Impact
- Dragon Claw / Shadow Claw / Rock Slide / Outrage / Play Rough / Earthquake
- Dragon Claw / Shadow Claw / Rock Slide / Outrage / Play Rough / Earthquake

1570344504851.gif

Pokemon: Torterra
Type: Grass-Ground
Ability: Overgrow, Regenerator, Shell Armor
Stats: 115 / 109 / 130 / 75 / 85 / 56 (BST 570)
New Moves: N.A.
Competitive Niche: an interesting Pokemon with decent HP and good Defense, with a decent attack to hit other Pokemon and not be too passive. Access to recovery and stealth Rock makes it even better. Unfortunately, a quadruple weakness to Ice means that would-be Pokemon that could not defeat it can easily bypass it, one good example being Protean Greninja.
Sample Sets:
Defensive
Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Specially Defensive
Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Synthesis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)