NFL Thread - 2019-2020 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elite Bears d just let the Redskins drive 97 yards for a TD.
Gotta love when a team gets so ahead they take it easy.

I sure hope nobody was watching Seattle-New Orleans. That was an absolute embarrassment on a coaching level.

Anyways, lets update the top ten.

New England Patriots
Kansas City Chiefs
Dallas Cowboys
Los Angeles Rams
Green Bay Packers
Baltimore Ravens
Houston Texans
San Francisco 49ers
Buffalo Bills
New Orleans Saints

New England is, like, 1Aa and Kansas City is 1Ab. While New England obviously gets credit for shutting down the opposition like they should be, Baltimore is a much better boost than NYJ. Not gonna put them in different tiers.

Dallas kinda slipped a bit by not punishing the Dolphins through and through, but LAR should have done more against Cleveland, so not swap places. The Rams are pretty balanced. In fact, the weakest link is probably Goff himself.

Rodgers hasn't been his old self for two years now. He still hasn't woken up from his slumber yet. He needs to be producing more yards to move the offense more smoothly.

Despite going to 2-1, at least Baltimore lost to a top two team while putting up 28 points. It looked a lot like last year's Ravens though. Deshaun Watson is a god and the Texans have enough to compete for the AFC South along with Indianapolis. Their loss is to Drew Brees and still came to the very end.

Buffalo and San Francisco are quietly at 3-0. Despite turning the ball over five times, I'll put the 49ers ahead. I like their three opponents better and the Bills weren't that hot on Sunday. Both defenses are not bad.

Out of the million teams with two wins that you could put at ten, I'll do the New Orleans. Beating Seattle on the road and in the rain was impressive. I had them low after losing Brees, but if they can manage these drives and have good defense, they can survive until Brees makes his return. Kamara is the best running back in the league.

Next week will tell us a lot about everyone.

Last edited:
Patriots
Chiefs if we ignore andy freaking out
the patriots again
the saints with drew brees and his luck
where the steelers thought they were before captain fat fuck went down.
the colts if luck didnt get hurt and also leave
HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS
the chargers but every offensive player is a rivers
the eagles if they could catch and didnt lose all their line depth in like two seconds
the packers

RIP captain fat fuck, pour one out for the lose of a great one

I sure hope nobody was watching Seattle-New Orleans. That was an absolute embarrassment on a coaching level.

Anyways, lets update the top ten.

New England Patriots
Kansas City Chiefs
Dallas Cowboys
Los Angeles Rams
Green Bay Packers
Baltimore Ravens
Houston Texans
Buffalo Bills
San Francisco 49ers
New Orleans Saints

Buffalo and San Francisco are quietly at 3-0. Despite turning the ball over five times, I'll put the 49ers ahead. I like their three opponents better and the Bills weren't that hot on Sunday. Both defenses are not bad.
I'd also just like to say... the fuck are you talking about dog LOL. THE BUCS????? and the other two teams are literally in shambles with a first year coach and all their personnel either being trash or being dead. Last game wasnt even on the road lol. The jets were at least healthy... the 49ers just went to the retarded part of the playground and just started kicking niggas thats doesnt make you good lol

Last edited:
bruh they won by four scores :blobshrug: Just cuz they didn't win by 6-7 scores like the Dolphins' first two opponents...
Not until the second half. It wasn't great for them on offense and were up only 10-6 by halftime. Shoulda specified.

Patriots
Chiefs if we ignore andy freaking out
the patriots again
the saints with drew brees and his luck
where the steelers thought they were before captain fat fuck went down.
the colts if luck didnt get hurt and also leave
HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS
the chargers but every offensive player is a rivers
the eagles if they could catch and didnt lose all their line depth in like two seconds
the packers

RIP captain fat fuck, pour one out for the lose of a great one

I'd also just like to say... the fuck are you talking about dog LOL. THE BUCS????? and the other two teams are literally in shambles with a first year coach and all their personnel either being trash or being dead. Last game wasnt even on the road lol. The jets were at least healthy... the 49ers just went to the retarded part of the playground and just started kicking niggas thats doesn't make you good lol
Buccaneers are way better than those other teams. Been able to shut out certain positions and despite losing to NYG, I wouldn't have said they were really the problem. Take the offense at its peak (Winston going 300+ yards, 3 TDs, 1- Ints) with that defense and it's still in the mix for the division. They're just one of the several teams that always find ways to lose in heartbreaking fasion.

Last edited:

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Sad that Detroit lost, but at least we've proven that we can go up against teams considered to be the best in the league at the moment.

The chaotic parity of the NFL really showed up this week. A lot of underdogs taking wins away from 'better' teams. AFC is so top heavy my god

As a panthers fan who doesn't usually have much to look forward to except mediocrity I'm excited after the last two games. Kyle Allen has looked good, and the team as a whole is able to prove resilient enough to be able to win games when it counts and I'm hype for that!

New England Patriots
Kansas City Chiefs
New Orleans Saints
Dallas Cowboys
Green Bay Packers
Los Angeles Rams
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks
Buffalo Bills
Chicago Bears

No need to talk about the top two much except that the Patriots had a lot of trouble with the Bills defense. No need to moce them to #2 though.

While there's clear faults in Bridgewater's game, the Saints are pretty stable at game planning. The Cowboys might have exhausted their good play calls on those first three crappy teams? We'll see.

Aaron Rodgers was better, although they couldn't reliably score near the goal and the possible absence of Adams can have a huge effect.

Do the Rams deserve to be below GB even though both lost, while the Rams scored 40 points. Going with the quarterback situation here. Goff hasn't been good for a stretch that goes into last year.

I totally think the 49ers are a "fake" undefeated team. Will take another game or two after the early bye to see who they are.

The Cardinals are more like a middle school JV 4th string practice squad, but the win for the Seahawks was needed to get back on track, especially without big injuries. Defense is not good, but without hiccups, the offense can put up points. Russell Wilson looking like he's trying to eclipse Tom Brady's 2016 season statistically.

Josh Allen sucks. The Bills' offense is pretty pedestrian (nobody fears that wide receiver lineup), but the defense is legitimate. In fact, they totally could have won on Sunday.

Mitchell Trubisky sucks. Him being out is probably an improvement. That defense is playing out their minds right now.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
As a panthers fan who doesn't usually have much to look forward to except mediocrity I'm excited after the last two games. Kyle Allen has looked good, and the team as a whole is able to prove resilient enough to be able to win games when it counts and I'm hype for that!
I dunno man, three fumbles in the one game by a non-running quarterback is pretty atrocious.

You're not wrong, but at the end of the day I'm still happy with them getting a win, especially if the big mistakes are fixable. Like sure it's not pretty and not what you want to see, but with how they've done in just being able to close out games is more important rn imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)