Tournament World Cup of Other Metagames II - Captain Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Edited OP from Megazard

Thanks to Kaiju Bunny for the amazing art!
Welcome to the second annual World Cup of Other Metagames. Here, players from across the globe join together in groups by their region to face off against all other regions and prove they're the best. Before this tour can begin we will need captains to represent each of our regions. For those who are interested in taking role as a captain captain for World Cup of Other Metagames, use this thread to sign up. It's more than likely that not everyone who signs up will become a captain but upon becoming one you will be able to lead a dedicated group of players who represent your region.

Here is a list of regions that will be competing in this tournament
Asia Pacific
Canada
France
Rest of Europe
UK
US Northeast
US South
US West (+Midwest)

*As opposed to the previous year we will be bringing in the traditional East Europe / West Europe regions.
*Oceania is merging with Asia this year due to the perceived lack of playercount from the previous year. This combination has been renamed to Asia Pacific.

As a captain, you will be expected to provide a lineup for each week and keep your team running. You may designate an assistant manager/co-captain as well, but it is not required. The captain and co-captains of each team will be allowed to play. This is to prevent regions already low on people from being at an even further disadvantage.

All approved captains will need to PM myself, OM Room, TI, and Flint the list of players you intend on drafting. This means sending in a lineup of 8 people, but it does not mean deciding who will play which meta. This list is to be due by the time player signups end and can be changed prior to that deadline if sent early.

This thread will stay open for one week, so if you plan to manage, make sure to sign up by 12 AM ET on October 8th. After two weeks, we will post the list of captains, the drafted players, and begin the tournament! I will also be posting the regional divisions and schedule sometime soon. If you have any questions make sure you ask either member of the OM moderation team or my co-host OM room

Note: You need to also sign up as player if you intend to play

Signing up to Captain US South with aesf.

Why we would make good captains:
  • aesf has been a longstanding member of the OM community, as former AAA tier leader as well as Sketchmons. aesf has also participated in every OMPL since OMPL IV and has impressively went 6-1 in the recent iteration of OMPL VII.
  • I have been a part of OMPL since OMPL V, managed both iterations of the OM Snake as well as assisted PurpleGatorade for the recently victorious Horrendous Houndooms in AGPL. I have also been an active member of the OMs community and would like to make this WCOM a great experience for my fellow US South teammates.

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Good afternoon folks! I'm here with a few announcements!

First off: Line-ups and Regions are being changed. Latin America is being added to the tournament - and being merged with US Midwest!
(Latin America is all South American countries excluding Guyana and Suriname.)
Secondly: The amount of players on one team are being extended - instead of two subs per team, we'll be having three!

And finally, we have the Captains for our regions! They are...

Asia Pacific - The Immortal and Sylveon.
Canada - Jrdn and Pigeons
Europe West (Spain, Portugal, France, UK) - Willdbeast and Hamhamhamham
Europe East (Netherlands, Germany, Sweden, everything else) - Aethernum and Perish Song
US Northeast - power and regirock
US West - rozes and lax
US Midwest & Latin America - ayedan and LPY
US South - In The Hills and Quantum Tesseract

All approved captains will need to PM myself, Ransei, The Immortal, and E4 Flint the list of players you intend on drafting. This means sending in a lineup of 9 people (3 subs), but it does not mean deciding who will play which meta.

This list is due by October 15th. It can be changed before deadline if sent early.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact myself, my co-host Ransei or any of the OM staff members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)