SM OU Extremely Weird (and stupid) Sand Team

This is this random sand team I made and it has a lot of weird sets so I'm totally aware of that, but for some reason I have a lot of success with it and I thought I'd share
tyranitar.gif

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Obviously, we have ttar. Where there's a sand team, there's ttar. Bulky band setter to just set sand and pursuit trap psychic type threats. Also, has enough bulk to comfortably take a hydro pump from a non-max SpA rotom in the sand. Two dark STAB is actually good when you can predict the opponent going for a coverage move like focus blast. I try to keep him alive for as long as possible because my team LOVES that residual damage on the opponent.

Tapu Fini.gif

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Nature's Madness
- Scald
- Taunt

Fini is here for a few reasons: Misty Surge, Taunt, and Defog. Having no speed isn't really a problem for fini, because the bulk I think makes up for it. Scald is nice STAB, and NM chips walls like ferro and skar. Defog is invaluable because of skarmory's 4-move-syndrome, and the Misty Surge helps the team out by keeping away burn and paralysis from the rest of the team, especially scizor. Also, taunt, which is a terribly under appreciated move, stops setup sweepers like shift gear magearna from totally destroying the team.

1555723584583.gif

Skarmory @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

I love skarmory. Not only is it an insane physical wall, spikes setter, potential defogger, and a ground immunity, but it also can run toxic and rocks for further stall. (I really just needed a ground immunity, but the other stuff is very nice.) Like I may have mentioned earlier, skarmory LOVES the sand. Having free chip damage is always great, and having an immunity to it is a great bonus. The only problems that skarmory really can't handle are volcorona, magnezone, koko and victini, with fini hard checking volcorona and ttar the latter 2, (Assuming it's not dazzling gleam koko) but if magnet pull magnezone comes in, I basically have to activate sturdy and loose my berry, but I can whirlwind it, and I don't see magnezone as much as I used to.

Sprslmsh801.gif

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 36 SpA / 224 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon

This set is one of the reasons that I fell in love with the assault vest. I really wanted fairy offense, and of course, I went with both a super strong special fairy attacker and an immunity to sand. I went with assault vest over heart swap or Z or any other setup set because this team needs to keep the little momentum it can keep for more than maybe 2 or 3 turns, and having access to both STAB moves and two coverage moves including voltturn without wasting a spot for a setup move just needed to happen. This also acts as a soft check for a few threats like special koko and protean gren.

scizor-3.gif
(sry couldn't find a great sprite lol)

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Knock Off

Ah, Scizor, the main win con of this team. I originally wanted to have a mega scizor on a sand team, so here we are. Simply enough, SD, bullet punch, roost for recovery, and knock off instead of pursuit becuase I wanted to. Scizor usually comes in mid game to clean a few low health mon, but mostly sweeps late game. I wanted some special bulk because of his already great physical defense, so that explains that. I considered bug bite at first because it could steal berries of of mon like rotom, but I figured dark coverage seemed better for psychics because they typically don't run berries.

Sprxym645T.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn

Eventually, it was going to come to this. I don't particularly enjoy using lando because of how literally over used (heh) it is, but there's a good for why that is. LANDO IS JUST THAT GOOD. It has two highly valuable immunities in some common offensive types being electric and ground, and can fulfuil tons of rolls with it's strength and decent natural bulk added to its great movepool. This is a defensive rock setter, since I figured I needed rocks, with lots of bulk investment and hp ice for other landos. He provides another ground immunity and an intimidater, which fits nicely as a reliable mawile and victini check for my team.

And that's it! This team may be weird, but trust me it can work very well if you play it right.

A few problems

- No Z
I know someone is going to mention this. Yes, Z moves are good, but this team simply doesn't really require them for it to do what it needs to do.
- Ferrothorn
Magearna is the only thing that can even soft check it, but I can usually use it as setup fodder for Scizor (but yes, it's still a problem)
- Celesteela
Again, another steel type that causes problems. I really don't have anything for it. Simple as that.

Yes, somebody is going to mention z moves. If you really think you can't fit it, defensive Fly Z on landorus is good, and you get pretty much destroyed by magnezone, trapping scizor and skarmory, and OHKOing ttar with steelium or landorus can also fall to it.and you don't need skarmory as your team doesnt need spikes to function well. and you obviously need a way to handle celesteela and ferrothorn as they click leech seed forever. Only thing I can think of is magnezone to beat both.

Not a bad team if I'm being honest, but heres a few things I might change.
1. You should consider running Fire Punch on ttar as it provides nice coverage against annoying steels such as kart which could switch into a rock slide and then smack you with sacred sword, or the opposing Magearna or m-sciz. But the main reason I am recommending this is because it can spliff up those twats celesteela and ferrothorn, which you mentioned have been troublesome.
2. I would change scald to moonblast on fini because scald is useless on it apart from being able to burn bulu on the switch. Misty terrain means the opponent cant be burned by it, which greatly limits its uses.
3. Your Lando set it a little strange, it has the moves of a scarfer but the stats on a defensive lando, which seems odd to me, so idk what u want to do with that.
4. Finally, this is optional, but if you've got balls and want to test your luck, then you're free to run stone edge instead of rock slide on ttar.
That's about it.

Not a bad team if I'm being honest, but heres a few things I might change.
1. You should consider running Fire Punch on ttar as it provides nice coverage against annoying steels such as kart which could switch into a rock slide and then smack you with sacred sword, or the opposing Magearna or m-sciz. But the main reason I am recommending this is because it can spliff up those twats celesteela and ferrothorn, which you mentioned have been troublesome.
2. I would change scald to moonblast on fini because scald is useless on it apart from being able to burn bulu on the switch. Misty terrain means the opponent cant be burned by it, which greatly limits its uses.
3. Your Lando set it a little strange, it has the moves of a scarfer but the stats on a defensive lando, which seems odd to me, so idk what u want to do with that.
4. Finally, this is optional, but if you've got balls and want to test your luck, then you're free to run stone edge instead of rock slide on ttar.
That's about it.
Stone Edge is preferred over Rock Slide, Rock Slide is hella weak even with STAB, the fire punch one is good, and fini def moonblast over scald.
Lando I'd run scarf because your team is plenty bulky already, and plus you don't have any form of speed control at all.
Also is excadrill not ran in sand anymore

Stone Edge is preferred over Rock Slide, Rock Slide is hella weak even with STAB, the fire punch one is good, and fini def moonblast over scald.
Lando I'd run scarf because your team is plenty bulky already, and plus you don't have any form of speed control at all.
Also is excadrill not ran in sand anymore
Stone edge only has about 25 power over rock slide btw and I didn't even mention excadrill

Yes, somebody is going to mention z moves. If you really think you can't fit it, defensive Fly Z on landorus is good, and you get pretty much destroyed by magnezone, trapping scizor and skarmory, and OHKOing ttar with steelium or landorus can also fall to it.and you don't need skarmory as your team doesnt need spikes to function well. and you obviously need a way to handle celesteela and ferrothorn as they click leech seed forever. Only thing I can think of is magnezone to beat both.
I would like to to run magenezone, but the problem with that is then I would have 3 ground weaknesses and only 1 real check to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)