SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

So Rapid Spin giving plus 1 speed seems really nice for Mr. Rime, since its speed was decreased. Mr. Rime is really gonna clear the field of everything when it comes out. Also, Gossifleur learns Rapid Spin? This thing is so great with its bulk, rapid spin, leech seed, and regenerator!

Also, is there any reason to use Cursola over Polteageist? It seems they have similar stat spreads, the same mono typing, the same ability, and the same recovery move (strength sap), though Polteageist is faster with better set up and coverage moves (so far). It seems to straight up outclass Cursola.

So Rapid Spin giving plus 1 speed seems really nice for Mr. Rime, since its speed was decreased. Mr. Rime is really gonna clear the field of everything when it comes out. Also, Gossifleur learns Rapid Spin? This thing is so great with its bulk, rapid spin, leech seed, and regenerator!

Also, is there any reason to use Cursola over Polteageist? It seems they have similar stat spreads, the same mono typing, the same ability, and the same recovery move (strength sap), though Polteageist is faster with better set up and coverage moves (so far). It seems to straight up outclass Cursola.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Polteageist base SpA mediocre? If so, while Polteageist is better as a setup sweeper, which is what Shell Smash is for —assuming BP remains banned—, Cursola has a far greater SpA. to launch Specs Shadow Ball. Also, Cursola works better in TR.

There's no post-game. Battle Tower and keep walking around the wild areas to catch Pokémon you already have. Altho that was to be expected, Pokémon haven't had a real Post-Game since 3DS era.
There is a post-game. The plot's conclusion.

Now, if we are talking about repeatable activities (which are not the same thing), then it's the standard feature set.

Giving Rapid Spin a Speed boost is weird... but it finally becomes Rapid.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Polteageist base SpA mediocre? If so, while Polteageist is better as a setup sweeper, which is what Shell Smash is for —assuming BP remains banned—, Cursola has a far greater SpA. to launch Specs Shadow Ball. Also, Cursola works better in TR.
I thought I remembered reading it had good special attack, like 128 or around there. Could be wrong. But yeah, I guess you are right, Cursola seems like a better specs/trick room attacker. Wish they made them a little bit more different.

There is a post-game. The plot's conclusion.

Now, if we are talking about repeatable activities (which are not the same thing), then it's the standard feature set.

Giving Rapid Spin a Speed boost is weird... but it finally becomes Rapid.
I was referring to real Post-Game.

I am a little late to the party, but here are some of my thoughts on the recently developed stuff:

-Really glad they didn't go the Alola route and make everything super slow. A lot of speedy things this gen.
-Grimmsnarl seems really fun to use, with Prankster and Bulk Up, and a stab move that lowers special attack.
-Appletun is the bulky mon I was hoping for! Good bulk plus Leech Seed, Recycle, and Recover!
-Eldegoss is essentially taking the place of the deceased Tangrowth with its bulk and regenerator
-Eternatus is my absolute favorite everything! Amazing design, one of my favorite typings, and great moves/supposed stats. Too bad we can't use its Eternatux form, but still love it! Hoping it gets Nasty Plot to be an absolute beast! It seems like a straight upgraded form of Naganadel.
-Falinks is incredible. Decent stats plus some really fun moves (No Retreat and First Impression and Megahorn).
-Eiscue is amazing! Its ability is so cool plus it has access to Amnesia and Surf (not sure if it is a special or physical attacker).
-Mr. Rime is kind of disappointing, since I want to run it on my mono Ice team, but its ability screws with Aurora Veil. Weird that it works on both sides. Its speed is disappointing too, but Rapid Spin seems to help that. Also, it has SLACK OFF! Like what???
-I need to see Stonejourner's stats and movepool!

so all this is very interesting. A lot of these new pokemon and new moves are spicing up the game a lot I think. Quite exciting!

Just wondering, has anyone decided on their first playthrough teams yet? After some thinking I thought of my teams for each version.

Pokemon Sword Team.png

Pokemon Shield Team.png

I think those teams are pretty balanced. I also try to use only new pokemon in my first play through teams. A bit more fun and a nice experience using all new pokemon.

Speaking of Toxtricity, any work on how his other form works? He doesn't have a unicuq ability and his unique move doesn't mention a form change,

As for Galarian Stunfisk, do we know for sure how its ability works? is it just during terrain effects, or where you are battling? And does it become a mono type or keep its steel type?

so all this is very interesting. A lot of these new pokemon and new moves are spicing up the game a lot I think. Quite exciting!

Just wondering, has anyone decided on their first playthrough teams yet? After some thinking I thought of my teams for each version.

I think those teams are pretty balanced. I also try to use only new pokemon in my first play through teams. A bit more fun and a nice experience using all new pokemon.

Speaking of Toxtricity, any work on how his other form works? He doesn't have a unicuq ability and his unique move doesn't mention a form change,

As for Galarian Stunfisk, do we know for sure how its ability works? is it just during terrain effects, or where you are battling? And does it become a mono type or keep its steel type?
Cool team! Thievul seems kind of weak, so good luck using it! Loving your Shield team a lot! I have two teams in mind for my playthroughs:

Mono Ice: Vanilluxe (hail setter) ; Mr. Rime (hazards clearer and special attacker) ; Mamoswine (wallbreaker) ; Eiscue (physical wall) ; Lapras (gigantamax) ; Acrozalt (good stab)

Other: Appletun ; Grimmsnarl ; Frosmoth ; Galar Stunfisk ; Cursola ; Falinks

It's been talked to death but here's a clip of Rapid Spin boosting Speed to ease doubts.
Holy fuck Excadrill just got scarier!

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker/ Sand Force for hippo
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head

My boy Corviknight better have the fucking stats on the spreadsheet. Combine this with Dynamax and its gg. plz ban g/d max
EDIT: Ninja'd

Last edited:
Cool team! Thievul seems kind of weak, so good luck using it! Loving your Shield team a lot! I have two teams in mind for my playthroughs:

Mono Ice: Vanilluxe (hail setter) ; Mr. Rime (hazards clearer and special attacker) ; Mamoswine (wallbreaker) ; Eiscue (physical wall) ; Lapras (gigantamax) ; Acrozalt (good stab)

Other: Appletun ; Grimmsnarl ; Frosmoth ; Galar Stunfisk ; Cursola ; Falinks
I like Thievul's look a lot. I haven't looked too closely at it's stats, but does it get some cool moves? Its possible I swap it out for something, but not sure what. I would like to keep a dark type to keep a dark and ghost resistance on the team maybe Obstagoon, But I may Dubwhool because of how cute Wooloo is.

Man the balls of that guy streaming a game he's not supposed to have yet... how has Nintendo not taken him down and fined him yet?

Speaking of this, what happened to the original leaker from last week? I heard rumors that he stole the copy of the game and is in jail now or something
Idk, the discord leaker was caught. There's been one leaking to 4chan for the past week or so.

Excadrill just became even deadlier...For the sash lead set you don't have to run rock tomb as a 4th move because of the speed boost from rapid spin Also wouldnt be surprised to see dual dance excadrill on some teams

This gen will definitely see a buff in recovery! They seem to be handing out recovery moves to a lot of pokemon (Strength Sap for Cursola and Polteageist, Recover for Alcremie and Appltun, and Slack Off for Mr. Rime). They also introduced a new move Life Dew, and Pollen Puff is a TM (or TR). Awesome!

Excadrill just became even deadlier...For the sash lead set you don't have to run rock tomb as a 4th move because of the speed boost from rapid spin Also wouldnt be surprised to see dual dance excadrill on some teams
Tsareena also benefits from this, albeit in a more limited vein as its Speed is lower than Excadrill's.

This also means Rapid Spin is not a wasted slot the moment hazards cannot be set up again.

Man the balls of that guy streaming a game he's not supposed to have yet... how has Nintendo not taken him down and fined him yet?

Speaking of this, what happened to the original leaker from last week? I heard rumors that he stole the copy of the game and is in jail now or something
Same person was doing a youtube stream as well but that got taken down p fast. The smash stream is a bit janky but they haven't been copyright banned yet
(hope the nintendo lawyers don't check on Smogon for clues to this stuff)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)