SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

Toxtricity is the only event one of the three.
Thanks. Toxtricity is looks good to me so hopefully the event is soon. Going to assume there is one Gigantamax for both, but wonder how the event looks when not in Gigantamax form.

And I am I reading it right that Rotom no longer gets fire, water or flying moves? Seems like all the Rotom forms got a big nerf. Seems like hydro pump, over heat and all that is gone.

Last edited:
And I am I reading it right that Rotom no longer gets fire, water or flying moves? Seems like all the Rotom forms got a big nerf. Seems like hydro pump, over heat and all that is gone.
those moves are technically event moves when you change forms

They still learn them, just not through level up. The moves are learned when Rotom changes form.

Still can't find a video of someone opening up the box and clicking "check summary". Oddly, I found pictures of this months in advance for Let's Go. Skimming youtube videos but they're long and all focus on the same story gameplay stuff. Find it odd that no one seems to have any interest in showing off what stats you can see in game or how the box system fully works... and its driving me crazy!

Suppose I'll know sometime tomorrow if I can get a chance to pick up a copy.
Late but here's one from gamexplain's IV judge video. Also I can't exactly tell but this may mean that box backgrounds are gone.

1573830528829.png

Last edited:
I'm not very far in the game yet, and I'm kinda afraid to ask since I don't see any pokemon refresh equivalent, but is affection automatic like it was in LG? And if it is automatic, is there any way to reset it? Affection had a huge negative impact on my enjoyment of LG, since it is outright impossible to create satisfying challenge rules when your pokemon will just randomly survive attacks that should have KO'd them.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I'm not very far in the game yet, and I'm kinda afraid to ask since I don't see any pokemon refresh equivalent, but is affection automatic like it was in LG? And if it is automatic, is there any way to reset it? Affection had a huge negative impact on my enjoyment of LG, since it is outright impossible to create satisfying challenge rules when your pokemon will just randomly survive attacks that should have KO'd them.
I'm assuming playing with your crew in Pokemon Camp would get you access to those buffs.

I honestly wish they would bring back the balloon training that they had in XY it made it easier to max out your stats, but I guess a challenge is nice.

I posted this in the Battle Tower thread, but it appears this incarnation of the tower does not have a banlist on pokemon and you can use the cover legends and Eternatus all the way to the highest tier.

And from the trainer data, nobody in the tower uses legendary pokemon at all (even the lesser ones like the 4 muskadeers). So Sword users feel free to steamroll with your Zacian.

Another change is that no regular trainers will Dynamax their pokemon, just the special boss at the end of certain streaks (like Red for the Battle Tree). Which I know we already went through this with mega's in Gen 6 Battle Maison but it bares mentioning.

I know "watered down" is becoming a theme of this generation but wow they've even made the Battle Tower bare-bones.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)