Done Add Eternatus-Eternamax

So I saw this horror implemented and then removed within a day of gen 8 going to beta.
While I'll admit I don't want to see a 1125 BST Pokemon with 255/115/250/125/250/130 stats in any reasonable metagame, Pokemon Showdown! already has stuff like Pokestar Spirit implemented despite that also being banned everywhere thanks to being completely unobtainable in the actual games. They didn't even have sprites until I submitted ones I found on the internet. This is important for the "Showdown Hackmons" meta that I'm involved with atm, which uses Custom Game with no rules attached.
I know I saw sprites submitted for Eternamax, so please add it so it can ruin peoples' days.

I agree. In Custom Game several things are allowed, 24 moves, level 9999, Berserk Gene, Magikarp's Revenge, Pokestar Spirit, Missingno. , etc. I think it's fair that it is allowed in custom game, it's like custom game has always worked, being the exception to the rule of all other metagames.

Adding the Eternamax form to any other tier besides Custom Games means killing them, but since we're talking about a gamemode that's only available through private battle invitations, I don't see why it was removed in the first place. Let people use Eternamax in Custom games, but keep it away from any other tier for the sake of this Pokémon simulator.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
All of the before mentioned things have a purpose. Custom Game's primary purpose is as a debug format. Here's an example log from when I was working on Gen 8 (Alpha), notice the [DEBUG] lines.
Battle started between Ludicolo and HoeenHero!

Go! Darmanitan! HoeenHero sent out Darmanitan!

Turn 1
Darmanitan used Brick Break!
[DEBUG] Gorilla Tactics Atk Boost.
A critical hit!
(The opposing Darmanitan lost 62.6% of its health!)
The opposing Darmanitan used Brick Break!
[DEBUG] Gorilla Tactics Atk Boost.
(Darmanitan lost 60.6% of its health!)

Turn 2

24 moves, level 9999
And I'll also include 24 pokemon per team are occasionally used for debugging and mechanics research, its useful to see what happens at high levels/useful to include extra moves/mons. Mostly for identifying and correcting stat overflow mechanics.

Berserk Gene
Gen 2 item, Custom Game as a debug format allows anything other than hard engine limits (eg max 24 mons, max 24 moves per mon). So gen 2 items are allowed in gen 8.

Magikarp's Revenge
Debug move created to test a move with alot of effects in PS's early days to ensure the engine can handle it.

Pokestar Spirit, Missingno.
Pokemon obtainable in their respective gens via hacking/glitching and usable in battles (usable in hackmons).

Basically custom game and it's special rules are primarily for debugging not messing around. Its fine to use it for that of course, and I'm not opposed to adding this form for mucking around I guess, but I don't see a reason were forced to for add it.

This Eternatus-Eternamax...
1st: Why remove this pokemon? Is custom game LOL, Everything is allowed.
2nd: Pokestar Spirit is so Broken like Eternatus.
3rd: there is so much broken in the metagame that Eternatus-Eternamax would just be another, C'mon, everything is possible
4th: I understand that the stats are really absurd, and having 24 moves and lv9999 could really make it unbeatable, but it's a custom game :v there are so many ways to kill mons like that, they can OHKO Blissey max spd and max HP.
you can leave it only for this specific metagame, and leave it banned for any other.

Basically custom game and it's special rules are primarily for debugging not messing around. Its fine to use it for that of course, and I'm not opposed to adding this form for mucking around I guess, but I don't see a reason were forced to for add it.
Basically this is as a neutral comment, neither for nor against. If adding Eternamax isn't really a problem for the Pokemon Showdown, I (and I bet a lot of people) would like to be able to use it in the simulator, which we use for fun. It wouldn't be really costly to put him there and since there's a demand wanting it, I don't really why not put it there.

Last edited by a moderator:

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
This Eternatus-Eternamax...
1st: Why remove this pokemon? Is custom game LOL, Everything is allowed.
2nd: Pokestar Spirit is so Broken like Eternatus.
3rd: there is so much broken in the metagame that Eternatus-Eternamax would just be another, C'mon, everything is possible
4th: I understand that the stats are really absurd, and having 24 moves and lv9999 could really make it unbeatable, but it's a custom game :v there are so many ways to kill mons like that, they can OHKO Blissey max spd and max HP.
you can leave it only for this specific metagame, and leave it banned for any other.
Not the point at all, there is 0 balance to custom game and its not intended to be a format that has balance. Its a debug format.

Again I don't care if its added or not, if theres demand I'm fine with it.

Wait a few days and we will see what the like count for the OP of the thread is, and I'll check in with the other admins and then we will see if this will happen.
Right! So in that case, everyone who comes to see this message of mine, and can support giving like in the first post of the page, I would be very grateful!

Remembering that Eternamax would only be allowed in Custom Game, it would not affect any other format!

And I'll also include 24 pokemon per team are occasionally used for debugging and mechanics research, its useful to see what happens at high levels/useful to include extra moves/mons. Mostly for identifying and correcting stat overflow mechanics.
Overflow mechanics were explicitly written out of custom game, because otherwise it would be way too easy to encounter them without even trying.

Fun and interesting in the sense that everything gets OHKOed by it. Especially if somebody has the idea to run a Power Trip set. This thing will be overly centralizing. I’ll have to take out those rusty No Guard OHKO move Deoxys-S again...
ah yes everything will get OHKOd by the thing with 115/125 offenses

ah yes everything will get OHKOd by the thing with 115/125 offenses
There’s such thing as Power Trip Power Swap. 255 HP will be enough to tank most hits, and then hit back with 250/250 Offenses. Scared of OHKO moves? Run Wonder Guard. Still scared of being killed anyway? Run Focus Sash.

Edit: I meant Power Swap.

Last edited:
There’s such thing as Power Trip. 255 HP will be enough to tank most hits, and then hit back with 250/250 Offenses. Scared of OHKO moves? Run Wonder Guard. Still scared of being killed anyway? Run Focus Sash.
Actually it would have to run sturdy in that case thanks to naturally being weak to ice... Not that it would really care about having to run sturdy thanks to stupid bulk...

Live at next hotpatch/restart.

EDIT: LIVE
Thank you so much!

Btw, in generation 7 he continues to use only max moves, should he be able to use normal moves in this generation (seven) ? It's fair to me that he can move freely in other generations, and in 8 only use max moves.

And when you are going to select some moves in the team builder, nothing appears (maybe should be show the moves that eternamax learns?) http://prntscr.com/q3yflu

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)