SS OU A Sticky Situation! SW/SH OU Sticky Web Team (RMT)

Normal Sprite
Normal Sprite
Normal Sprite
Normal Sprite
Normal Sprite
Normal Sprite

Hey y’all, this is my first ever Rate My Team so sorry if the formatting on this is whack. I’ve been straggling my bare knuckles against a keyboard trying to come up with a good team for OU since Sword and Shield released. After a million dillion quadrillion scrapped teams, this is what I’ve managed to slap together. I’d like to get as many opinions on it as possible to refine it to it’s best possible variation before I start breeding for in-game. Without further ado- here’s the gang.

Araquanid @ Focus Sash
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Sticky Web
- Liquidation
- Lunge
- Mirror Coat

It’s a sticky web team so naturally here’s a sticky stinky spider. Max HP allows this thing to take attacks with ease. Notably taking anything from an Adamant Choice Banded Galarian Darmanitan, having it 3HKO while being likely to OHKO in return. Liquidation hits hard and is good for coverage in general, Excadrill can’t lead and get off a free Rapid Spin because of it. Mirror Coat is useful for reflecting back all the Volt Switches that the Rotom Forms think they can get away with. Araquanid typically avoids a 2HKO and nails whatever switches in with a ton of damage. Lunge is more or less on there for filler. I wasn’t sure what to put in this slot, but in niche situations it can lower the attack of a switch in and make it easier for others to switch in. Focus Sash is for guaranteed Webs wowie zowie.

Dracozolt @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Outrage
- Low Kick
- Fire Fang

Dracozolt’s awkward speed tier is patched up with Sticky Web on the field, which means I can afford to run an Adamant Nature and hit a smidge bit harder. Bolt Beak is self explanatory. Opponents slowed, double damage, there ya go. The other moves do not really matter as much as Big Bad Bolt Beak Bash, so there more or less for coverage or for setup if I happen to Dynamax with this thing. Pretty standard set overall. I opted for Dracozolt over Dracovish due to it providing a wider variety of resistances. (I know this thing isn’t the bulkiest, but it always helps. ) On top of that, Water Coverage is already being provided by Araquanid. But I'd be more than willing to swap out one with the other and vise versa.

Hydreigon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon

Here’s the second, special attacking half to the Sticky Web Sweeping Squad. Modest over a Timid nature because Sticky Webs. Hydreigon finds itself getting a free switch into the electrics that like to come in on Araquanid, as well as the bulky walls that like to spread Will-O’s and Scalds to Dracozolt. Nasty Plot takes advantage of this, and not running a Choice item allows Hydreigon to sweep easier. Attacks are STAB + Coverage. This is another very standard set that doesn’t need much explanation. Come in and try and sweep. I wasn't 100% sure what item I would give this thing, so I slapped a Sash on there to guarantee a Nasty Plot or to fire off a desperate attack if all else is failing.

Mimikyu @ Leftovers
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 244 HP / 212 Def / 52 SpD
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave / Taunt

Most people run Mimikyu as a Swords Dance Sweeper or as a Revenge Killer, but this time around I’ve decided to run it as a Bulky Support. It may seem odd, especially on a team that lets it outspeed more than usual, but the role of Physical Sweeper is already fulfilled and I could use some status. The EVs let this thing take a very good amount of damage, even if Disguise is down. Play Rough still leaves a visible mark on the Fighting Types this thing is meant to switch into, even without investment. Shadow Sneak lets it pick off weekend 'Mons on the opposing team just in case. Will-O is to take advantage of Disguise and let this thing cripple a 'Mon trying to sweep. It makes dealing with opposing Dracovish and Zolt much easier if Sticky Webs don’t happen to be up and completely shuts down any Dynamax Sweeper. The last slot is something I’ve still been debating. Thunder Wave lets Mimikyu slow down the special attacking sweepers and leave it for Dracozolt to eat up. Taunt, however, lets Mimikyu deal with opposing walls such as Ferrothorn and Toxapex. I’m currently leaning towards Thunder Wave because I have another way to deal with FerroPex and other walls...

Copperajah-Gmax @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 120 HP / 216 Atk / 124 Def / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Heat Crash
- Power Whip

… Speak of the Devil. I feel Copperajah is the most underrated Pokemon of this generation. It doesn’t really take advantage of Sticky Web bar a few exceptions, namely defensive Tyranitar sets. But what most people don’t know is that Copperajah is hungry. He’s starving. And he’s come to eat your WALLS.

216+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heat Crash (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 437-515 (124.1 - 146.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
216+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Seismitoad: 634-749 (153.1 - 180.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO.
216+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Copperajah Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 416-494 (105.5 - 125.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
216+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah-Gmax Max Overgrowth vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Rotom-Wash: 307-361 (100.9 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
216+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heat Crash (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 255-302 (63.7 - 75.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
216+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Copperajah Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Grimmsnarl through Reflect: 222-263 (56.3 - 66.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
216+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 164-195 (53.9 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

Really this thing just eats up anything that can bring my sweeper’s momentum to a halt. The Speed EVs are to outspeed Toxapex without Webs on the field.

Eldegoss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Aromatherapy
- Energy Ball
- Sleep Powder

This Q-Tips primary job is to be shoved into the disgusting hazzard filled ear and Rapid Spin the gunk away. I also slapped Aromatherapy on it to clear up status being spread around in a pinch. Energy Ball is to scare away Seismitoad and his Water / Ground gang, and Sleep Powder is the answer to whatever comes in to take the attack. Sleep Powder also gives a good opportunity for Hydreigon to come in and set up.

And that's about the size of it! Let me know what y’all think! Thanks in advance if you read all this garbage! Here's the Copy / Paste for Showdown if ya wanna give it a try for yourself:

Araquanid @ Focus Sash
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Sticky Web
- Liquidation
- Lunge
- Mirror Coat

Dracozolt @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Outrage
- Low Kick
- Fire Fang

Hydreigon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon

Mimikyu @ Leftovers
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 244 HP / 212 Def / 52 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

Copperajah-Gmax @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 120 HP / 216 Atk / 124 Def / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Heat Crash
- Power Whip

Eldegoss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Aromatherapy
- Energy Ball
- Sleep Powder

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)