Gen III Battle Frontier Discussion and Records

Considering that you mentioned Tyranitar I assume this is Open Level. I don't feel that Snorlax and Tyranitar should be on the same team depending on the facility you want to challenge. Both stack a Fighting weakness and since Starmie has shaky defenses, it will easily fall down to Cross Chop crits, which is a common STAB on bulky Pokemon like Machamp and Hariyama who can eat attacks from Snorlax and Tyranitar. Even +252 SpA Starmie fails to OHKO Heracross 2 who will easily break through this team taking into account that it still outspeeds Tyranitar and dents it with STAB Megahorn.

I would recommend replacing Tyranitar with Salamence since you mentioned it is your only way to deal with DT abusers. Salamence also brings that handy Intimidate drop which greatly benefits Snorlax considering the good synergy both have with Salamence being able to switch into Fighting attacks and weakening the opponent in the process. Salamence also provides a x4 resist to Grass which Starmie greatly appreciates.

An Adamant set with DD / Aerial Ace / Earthquake / Substitute will do the trick on your team since Salamence is a really nice win-con to have on a team. Also it is the best Aerial Ace user if you can't afford running HP Flying on it. Since you are using Snorlax on a crippler role, I think DD Salamence will greatly appreciate those turns of set-up. Hope this helps and I will link below the set:
Wow, thats a really good idea tbh. I have no idea why I didn't think of that! I'll use the Salamence you recommended and see how it goes, thanks a lot!
I will say, I am doing Lv 50 and not open level, I'm not sure if it makes any difference (I may or may not be hacking my mons for the time being lmao)

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Wow, thats a really good idea tbh. I have no idea why I didn't think of that! I'll use the Salamence you recommended and see how it goes, thanks a lot!
I will say, I am doing Lv 50 and not open level, I'm not sure if it makes any difference (I may or may not be hacking my mons for the time being lmao)
It mainly matters because Tyranitar is "soft-banned" from level 50 due to it being unobtainable at that level under normal circumstances (Pupitar evolves at level 55) and Pokemon above level 50 can't enter level 50 mode in this gen. The opponents don't seem to use Tyranitar against you in level 50 either for this reason. The same applies to Dragonite.

Of course if you hack or glitch your game to obtain a level 50 Tyranitar then it will be allowed to enter level 50 mode, although I don't think such a thing should be allowed for leaderboard purposes.

It mainly matters because Tyranitar is "soft-banned" from level 50 due to it being unobtainable at that level under normal circumstances (Pupitar evolves at level 55) and Pokemon above level 50 can't enter level 50 mode in this gen. The opponents don't seem to use Tyranitar against you in level 50 either for this reason. The same applies to Dragonite.

Of course if you hack or glitch your game to obtain a level 50 Tyranitar then it will be allowed to enter level 50 mode, although I don't think such a thing should be allowed for leaderboard purposes.
Oh yeah, I'm perfectly aware. I don't consider myself to be that good to wanna get on the leaderboards (yet), and I'm mainly just trying to get all the golden symbols on a casual play though to learn the ins and outs, plus I only have Emerald and no way to trade, so legitimately EV training is a pain for me in this gen, unlike gen 4 where I own all of the games and multiple DS systems lol.

If I'm able to get a streak of at least 100 in the battle tower, I might train a legitimate team to enter the leaderboards, but for now im mainly just focused on getting the Golden Symbols.

howtogetpikachuonabus
I'm aware that right now me suggesting just hard stall is almost a meme, but this time my tip will take another route.
As previously noticed and said, Salamence (4) and Houndoom mean troubles for your current built, so I've found out a way to deal with both without losing Water synergy and mostly Rapid Spin:

1576061219276.png

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Level: 50
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Surf

Quick explanation:
76 HP EVs are there to hit a Leftovers number (145 HP), Timid with 180 Spe EVs to hit 173 Speed (the magic benchmark, outspeeding everything bar some Crobat and Jolteon), the rest is put into SpAtk.
Rapid Spin is mandatory for this team, Recover is an always needed reliable recovery move (useful especially when swap stalling), and the other 2 moves ensure the best coverage available for the team.
Here we go with some magic numbers:

252 SpA Starmie Surf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Houndoom: 164-194 (109.3 - 129.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Starmie Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Salamence: 221-260 (109.9 - 129.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Starmie Surf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Charizard: 158-186 (103.2 - 121.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Starmie Surf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Arcanine: 164-194 (99.3 - 117.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

A threat I see is Gardevoir 3/4 (Fire Punch sets), but it can be handled without too many problems.
Against them, it's enough to swap stall between Starmie and Shedinja (also factoring Protect on Shed to ease PPs stalling process). While it's true that Shedinja easily wins after a Torment, Steelix can't afford to risk a FP CH, which may OHKOs.
This calc is really good for this purpose:

252+ SpA Gardevoir Fire Punch vs. 76 HP / 0 SpD Starmie: 26-31 (17.9 - 21.3%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery

It's also worth to mention that Starmie has Natural Cure to prevent Burn damage, effectively PP stalling Fire Punch.

Sceptile is in fact the most dangerous threat, needs perfect swap stalling and unfortunately Ice Beam deals just around 70%, but it was a bigger issue with Blastoise imo.
At least Steelix can land a Torment vs. it without fearing a CH from Leaf Blade:

252+ SpA Sceptile Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Steelix on a critical hit: 109-129 (59.8 - 70.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Moreover, if needed, that Timid Starmie outspeeds also Sceptile: 173 vs. 172 Speed.

(Moltres laughs at it, but again, SPIKES)

With this variation, I strongly suggest to lead with Shedinja (or Steelix, but I prefer the dead bug), because you need Protect to scout with your lead.

Last edited:
With this variation, I strongly suggest to lead with Shedinja (or Steelix, but I prefer the dead bug), because you need Protect to scout with your lead.
You basically cannot lead with shedinja. There is an altaria set with pursuit and dugtrio can have arena trap.
I have found leading with steelix is my favorite. Being able to turn 1 torment seems so useful. But I am also still using hp steel to capitalize on torment.

Sceptile was indeed a problem for the blastoise team but I was able to switch around it and land on steelix for a torment and eventual victory. Even after torment it was hard, luckily rapid spin removes leech seed. Another reason to lead steelix imo.

Natural cure seems really good. But I don't like the frailty and dark weakness of starmie. Wouldn't it lose against gardevoir without protect? This is still worth some experimentation. I will probably try this in the near future.

My only other ideas for this team are specially defensive tentacruel (rapid spin), gyarados (taunt), umbreon (taunt, doesnt resist fire), houndoom (flash fire, taunt), skarmory (taunt replacing steelix possibly needing leftovers), Aggron (taunt), and moltres but adding more special defense (flamethrower)

It's really annoying that there are only three moves that counter spikes from forretress and skarm. It seems like there should be some other options. Skarm is really the stickler requiring at least 120 special attack stab thunderbolt or flamethrower.

You basically cannot lead with shedinja. There is an altaria set with pursuit and dugtrio can have arena trap.
I have found leading with steelix is my favorite. Being able to turn 1 torment seems so useful. But I am also still using hp steel to capitalize on torment.

Sceptile was indeed a problem for the blastoise team but I was able to switch around it and land on steelix for a torment and eventual victory. Even after torment it was hard, luckily rapid spin removes leech seed. Another reason to lead steelix imo.

Natural cure seems really good. But I don't like the frailty and dark weakness of starmie. Wouldn't it lose against gardevoir without protect? This is still worth some experimentation. I will probably try this in the near future.

My only other ideas for this team are specially defensive tentacruel (rapid spin), gyarados (taunt), umbreon (taunt, doesnt resist fire), houndoom (flash fire, taunt), skarmory (taunt replacing steelix possibly needing leftovers), Aggron (taunt), and moltres but adding more special defense (flamethrower)

It's really annoying that there are only three moves that counter spikes from forretress and skarm. It seems like there should be some other options. Skarm is really the stickler requiring at least 120 special attack stab thunderbolt or flamethrower.
You're totally right about leading Shedinja, Steelix is definitely better.

Only Garde sets that Starmie has to switch on are 3/4 and just on called Fire Punch, which is a possible 7HKO, otherwise Garde should be handled by the rest of the team.
Sadly only move that can brutally stop Spikes is Rapid Spin: QC on Forretress and mostly BP on Skarm make damaging moves and Moltres in particular too unreliable vs. them.
In fact, Starmie doesn't need SpDef for Fire or Dark, since it OHKOs every dangerous foe of these Types (and on called coverage Crunches you have to switch on Steelix imo).

(If you don't like Starmie, I think I will give this team a try by myself once my current streak'll be over)

EDIT: Taunt Gyara seems great too
2nd EDIT: But QC and Rock Slide on Forretress make its job really hard (it can also move first and use Spikes before a Taunt), only true counter for Spikes is still Rapid Spin

Last edited:
EDIT: Taunt Gyara seems great too
2nd EDIT: But QC and Rock Slide on Forretress make its job really hard (it can also move first and use Spikes before a Taunt), only true counter for Spikes is still Rapid Spin
I haven't actually tried this but I was thinking of using protect then roar against forretress. I think the AI might prioritize super effective rock slide over spikes even with intimidate.

(If you don't like Starmie, I think I will give this team a try by myself once my current streak'll be over)
My current streak was ended by my phone being left outside in a backpack in winter :/
So I have been trying this team myself. I really like natural cure and recover.
But I have found quite a few issues and Sharpedo is the biggest problem. Steelix is the only one who wants to take crunch but he doesnt enjoy taking 7 of them in fact I think there would be no way around this
252+ SpA Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Steelix: 60-71 (16.9 - 20%) -- possible 5HKO
You have to keep switching to dodge ohko surf and you have to switch to dodge crunch on the other two. Its possible he doesn't actually have that high of a special attack but he does have scope lens so he's also gonna get at least one crit to make up for it. Thus crunch will kill steelix before it runs out of pp.

I think I will try Houndoom with taunt protect flamethrower rest next
taunt and flamethrower for skarm and forretress respectively.
Flash fire means I don't need to worry about sunny day or calm minders anymore. And dark typing really helps against crunch.
Edit - actually Houndoom would die to a lead dugtrio :c

Last edited:
Moltres icon
Steelix icon
Shedinja icon

Recently I have been running this set as my lead but I am having some trouble against the AI

Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 220 HP / 156 SpA / 134 SpD
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Morning Sun
- Flamethrower

Still running flamethrower to remove forretress and skarmory. I haven't run into any issues with speed and I really appreciate the tankiness. Special defense seems more important as those are most of the attacks moltres takes. I still haven't found the perfect shedinja and steelix movesets to counter double team + leftover pokemon but that is not why I am posting. I am posting because I notice that some of the A.I.'s decisions make no sense. This team relies on predicting the opponents moves and often the opponent chooses the wrong move. It hasn't led to a game over yet but it certainly could and it may be a fundamental flaw of the team. I'm not sure if it's because I am running on emulator but if anyone has a better understanding of how the ai makes decisions that would be helpful.

Some examples:
Marrowak using brick break against steelix instead of earthquake at +2 attack
Aerodactyl using double edge against steelix 4 times before realizing it could use earthquake instead. It was taking recoil as well.
Opponents using non-effective attacks against shedinja on a leading protect turn only to switch to a super-effective attack the next turn.

Moltres icon
Steelix icon
Shedinja icon

Recently I have been running this set as my lead but I am having some trouble against the AI

Moltres @ Leftovers
EVs: 220 HP / 156 SpA / 134 SpD
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Morning Sun
- Flamethrower

Still running flamethrower to remove forretress and skarmory. I haven't run into any issues with speed and I really appreciate the tankiness. Special defense seems more important as those are most of the attacks moltres takes. I still haven't found the perfect shedinja and steelix movesets to counter double team + leftover pokemon but that is not why I am posting. I am posting because I notice that some of the A.I.'s decisions make no sense. This team relies on predicting the opponents moves and often the opponent chooses the wrong move. It hasn't led to a game over yet but it certainly could and it may be a fundamental flaw of the team. I'm not sure if it's because I am running on emulator but if anyone has a better understanding of how the ai makes decisions that would be helpful.

Some examples:
Marrowak using brick break against steelix instead of earthquake at +2 attack
Aerodactyl using double edge against steelix 4 times before realizing it could use earthquake instead. It was taking recoil as well.
Opponents using non-effective attacks against shedinja on a leading protect turn only to switch to a super-effective attack the next turn.
From the disassembly the ai's decisions appear to be guided by certain weighting scores so that they normally do "smart" things but there is some underlying randomness that we see hints of but we can't calculate raw percentages for yet as far as I can tell. There may actually be some things weighted high enough that they are guaranteed to be chosen. https://github.com/pret/pokeemerald/blob/master/data/battle_ai_scripts.s It's easy to see how it checks for statuses so it's less likely to paralyze something that is already paralyzed.
From personal experience I believe you can't really 100% know the opponents move choice outside of things like torment and choice band.

For the leftovers double team pokemon, I imagine you get a couple of turns of them double teaming before they struggle, I've been pondering swords dance aerial ace shedninja for that exact situation. At +6 It 2-3 hits everything outside of registeel and regi rock meaning you would need 6 turns of the opponent having pp. Regice and Shuckle both carry weather which could waste precious turns of their pp not being able to use shedninja. Baton passing swords dance to Steelix takes 4 turns and with earthquake at +6 it can garunteed ohko registeel and 60% of the time ohko regirock giving you high odds of finishing them before running out of pp. Roar which may be all around more useful has twice the pp of earthquake and way thus way higher odds of working. Before you go for the kill on their second pokemon roar it away just to make sure their last one isn't leftovers double team.

I just had a big run achieving 1641 victories. The team I’m using is one of my first battle tower teams from back in the days just optimized perpetually over several thousands of battles. I play on vba (most of the time 10x speed), pkms created thru ciros.

I came across this thread a few weeks ago and find it a nice coincidence that emerald battle tower seems to be a thing again lately also for others besides me. I’ll share the team with you so you can try it yourself if you like to.

Reading over the guides and threads linked in here (some are quite useful, thanks), I saw that one guy used the same team (wrestler or some like that). However, the way he uses it (sets, evs, especially on swampert) I can imagine it quite impossible to have a long run. Here is my version team:

latios (lum)
306/-/203/392/256/310
psychic, ice beam, thunderbolt, calm mind

metagross (cb)
364/396/296/-/224/177
hp steel, earthquake, shadow ball, explosion

swampert (leftovers, female)
404/256/302/210/216/141
surf, earthquake, mirror coat, toxic

latios:
ice beam ohko’s dragon dance mence and swords dance marowak which is necessary. nice against grass and ground types. dragon claw is not an option.

metagross:
can’t afford meteor mash misses on the long run. hp steel often needs 2 hits to ko whereas mm just needs one. Yet it’s all about controlling probabilities. You can’t afford mm misses in the wrong moment. sdef investment is needed to bear one more ice beam hit from jynx plus some other special attacks like thunderbolt+firepunch from gengar and others.

pert:
the grit of the team. Thanks to mirror coat I cover not only physical threats but also some special ones. I win against starmie, slobro, latias and many other special attackers. This is necessary at times as a backup. For instance, if my latios is killed through critical hit, or in an end game situation when both players send out their last pkmn. However, mirror coat should be used even more strategically. For example, if I’m up first round against mr mime, I switch to metagross checking the set. If it hits with ice punch I know what is to come and switch to pert to eat the fire punch and just to mirror coat back the incoming psychic which does around 40% to pert. Like this I can minimize risks like getting burned or ch’d to death with metagross.

Pert is a fat physical wall destroying ttar and metagross (just the crunch version can become dangerous, which is covered by meta). It needs that high defensive stat in order to survive reversal medicham and to win against other physical threats since I lack protect on the set.

I would love to have protect on this but unfortunately it’s just not an option. I used to play protect over earthquake but I ended up losing against fat dd ttar (played spot on by npc), double team+focus punch registeel and double team rest metagross. I tried playing protect over toxic losing to double team+confuse ray umreon, double team+curse miltank and teams with counter blissey. Protect would be a nice asset to give you more safety in order to check for grass moves, stall slaking and to recover from heavy hits or after having used mirror coat. However, at the end of it, protect is the only move dispensable.

Look at this swampert! it’s just a perfect supplement to the other 2 guys. If it wasn’t for dd tar, pert might be replaced. But let’s be honest. Playing Lvl. 50 battle tower just to avoid ttar… come on!
Despite specially fattened metagross and mirror coat pert, team stays susceptible to opponents spamming water(+ice) pkmn with high special attacks and/or sheer cold sets. These guys really press their luck just by the high number you have to face them. The only way of beating them on the long run is knowing how to handle each pkmn individually. As a rule, I try not to stay in with latios if ice beam would kill me with a critical hit. Sometimes though you have to. Especially if they could potentially carry sheer cold I attack right away. It’s necessary to know which trainers use which combination of pkmn. Without that information it’s not possible to distribute the burden of special attacks (mainly water+ice) correctly and you end up having the “wrong” pkmn left.

Tbh on my last run I got quite lucky in some situations avoiding certain hax scenarios that you simply cannot win against with this team.

These scenarios include critical hits or multiple quick claw hits with ice attacks in the beginning, followed by more critical hits and/or sheer cold hits e.g. out of resttalk.

Ironically, the final scenario I lost against was a different one:

Rhydon quickclaw+mega horn OHKO against latios,
followed by qc+horndrill against pert

there are certainly more situations where you are just victim of unbelievable hax. However, a player with high experience playing this team “perfectly” in terms of always choosing best odds (only play when you can concentrate), will achieve good results. I played many, many times and kept losing after some 100 victories. In my final run I guess I had the luck I needed to get as far.

Last edited:
I just had a big run achieving 1641 victories. The team I’m using is one of my first battle tower teams from back in the days just optimized perpetually over several thousands of battles. I play on vba (most of the time 10x speed), pkms created thru ciros.

I came across this thread a few weeks ago and find it a nice coincidence that emerald battle tower seems to be a thing again lately also for others besides me. I’ll share the team with you so you can try it yourself if you like to.

Reading over the guides and threads linked in here (some are quite useful, thanks), I saw that one guy used the same team (wrestler or some like that). However, the way he uses it (sets, evs, especially on swampert) I can imagine it quite impossible to have a long run. Here is my version team:

latios (lum)
306/-/203/392/256/310

metagross (cb)
364/396/296/-/224/177

404/256/302/210/216/141

latios:
ice beam ohko’s dragon dance mence and swords dance marowak which is necessary. nice against grass and ground types. dragon claw is not an option.

metagross:
can’t afford meteor mash misses on the long run. hp steel often needs 2 hits to ko whereas mm just needs one. Yet it’s all about controlling probabilities. You can’t afford mm misses in the wrong moment. sdef investment is needed to bear one more ice beam hit from jynx plus some other special attacks like thunderbolt+firepunch from gengar and others.

pert:
the grit of the team. Thanks to mirror coat I cover not only physical threats but also some special ones. I win against starmie, slobro, latias and many other special attackers. This is necessary at times as a backup. For instance, if my latios is killed through critical hit, or in an end game situation when both players send out their last pkmn. However, mirror coat should be used even more strategically. For example, if I’m up first round against mr mime, I switch to metagross checking the set. If it hits with ice punch I know what is to come and switch to pert to eat the fire punch and just to mirror coat back the incoming psychic which does around 40% to pert. Like this I can minimize risks like getting burned or ch’d to death with metagross.

Pert is a fat physical wall destroying ttar and metagross (just the crunch version can become dangerous, which is covered by meta). It needs that high defensive stat in order to survive reversal medicham and to win against other physical threats since I lack protect on the set.

I would love to have protect on this but unfortunately it’s just not an option. I used to play protect over earthquake but I ended up losing against fat dd ttar (played spot on by npc), double team+focus punch registeel and double team rest metagross. I tried playing protect over toxic losing to double team+confuse ray umreon, double team+curse miltank and teams with counter blissey. Protect would be a nice asset to give you more safety in order to check for grass moves, stall slaking and to recover from heavy hits or after having used mirror coat. However, at the end of it, protect is the only move dispensable.

Look at this swampert! it’s just a perfect supplement to the other 2 guys. If it wasn’t for dd tar, pert might be replaced. But let’s be honest. Playing Lvl. 50 battle tower just to avoid ttar… come on!
Despite specially fattened metagross and mirror coat pert, team stays susceptible to opponents spamming water(+ice) pkmn with high special attacks and/or sheer cold sets. These guys really press their luck just by the high number you have to face them. The only way of beating them on the long run is knowing how to handle each pkmn individually. As a rule, I try not to stay in with latios if ice beam would kill me with a critical hit. Sometimes though you have to. Especially if they could potentially carry sheer cold I attack right away. It’s necessary to know which trainers use which combination of pkmn. Without that information it’s not possible to distribute the burden of special attacks (mainly water+ice) correctly and you end up having the “wrong” pkmn left.

Tbh on my last run I got quite lucky in some situations avoiding certain hax scenarios that you simply cannot win against with this team.

These scenarios include critical hits or multiple quick claw hits with ice attacks in the beginning, followed by more critical hits and/or sheer cold hits e.g. out of resttalk.

there are certainly more situations where you are just victim of unbelievable hax. However, a player with high experience playing this team “perfectly” in terms of always choosing best odds (only play when you can concentrate), will achieve good results. I played many, many times and kept losing after some 100 victories. In my final run I guess I had the luck I needed to get as far.
I'm really sorry to say that I have strong doubts about this streak.

This team was used by Werster for its member availability, but it was clear for anyone that it had too many flaws for a long run.

I can't even call out all of this team's threats (Waters, every single OHKO moves user and the list goes on), but everyone with a bit of Tower knowledge can easily notice that this streak looks false.

I'm not even complaining about lack of proofs or updates or descriptions more accurate than "it OHKOs stuff", I'm complaining about the fact that this team is barely good if you want to reach 105 wins, and I know what I'm talking about.

Trust me, I hate to be the guy moving accuses and I don't want to sound rude, but I love too much the tower and the community to let this kind of posts here undisturbed

P.S.: I really really hope someone to break my streak with creative stuff and the pool of players is improving day by day.
I'm not accusing you to defend my own record, but because your post is an insult to our intelligence.

I think it's possible this is a real streak. Yes, it seems to have weaknesses but the weaknesses do rely on hax. Tbolt is a decent counter to waters if they don't get lucky with an ice beam crit. And the team probably isn't extremely weak to ohko users because all the pokemon are offensive.

I haven't actually tried this team myself, but I will just to get a feel for its power.

latios (lum)
306/-/203/392/256/310

metagross (cb)
364/396/296/-/224/177

404/256/302/210/216/141
Latios icon
Metagross icon
Swampert icon

One criticism I have before even starting is swampert. It seems like suicune or milotic would fit better in its place. They would resist water and ice, which seems like a problem for this team. Are there any reasons to choose swampert and leave yourself weak to water and ice?

I think it's possible this is a real streak. Yes, it seems to have weaknesses but the weaknesses do rely on hax. Tbolt is a decent counter to waters if they don't get lucky with an ice beam crit. And the team probably isn't extremely weak to ohko users because all the pokemon are offensive.

I haven't actually tried this team myself, but I will just to get a feel for its power.

Latios icon
Metagross icon
Swampert icon

One criticism I have before even starting is swampert. It seems like suicune or milotic would fit better in its place. They would resist water and ice, which seems like a problem for this team. Are there any reasons to choose swampert and leave yourself weak to water and ice?
You got it bro, that's absolutely the point. The team is strong and yet it’s far from perfect since there are some scenarios that will beat the team inevitably, even if you play as perfect as you can as human.

To answer your question: suicune might indeed seem a good alternative as it resolves some basic problems. However, suicune will lose to dd tar rock slide flinches. That is why I mentioned the option of playing at lvl 50 which makes life easier (yet less challenging).

Moreover, electrics like zapdos, raikou and some flinchy jolteon versions will make it impossible for latios+metagross to win consistently.

Perhaps this makes it better understandable why pert fits so well on this team, eventho cune is without a doubt a great and dangerous pkmn.

This team was used by Werster for its member availability, but it was clear for anyone that it had too many flaws for a long run.

I can't even call out all of this team's threats (Waters, every single OHKO moves user and the list goes on), but everyone with a bit of Tower knowledge can easily notice that this streak looks false.

I'm not even complaining about lack of proofs or updates or descriptions more accurate than "it OHKOs stuff", I'm complaining about the fact that this team is barely good if you want to reach 105 wins, and I know what I'm talking about.

Trust me, I hate to be the guy moving accuses and I don't want to sound rude, but I love too much the tower and the community to let this kind of posts here undisturbed

P.S.: I really really hope someone to break my streak with creative stuff and the pool of players is improving day by day.
I'm not accusing you to defend my own record, but because your post is an insult to our intelligence.
Insult your intelligence? I had to laugh when i read this.

You shouldn’t feel insulted in any way because of my post. If you do, my friend, thats certainly your personal problem. Either way I‘m not gonna justify anything or do damage calc for you. Do it yourself if you like to, you got the stats.

I didn‘t write this because i want to compare myself to anyone nor to claim any ”record“ or something. I shared my team because I think some of you might find it interesting. It‘s a simple contribution i‘d like to make. Play the team yourself to get your own feeling of its power.

Hope it is a help to one or another and hope some of you can appreciate it.

Insult your intelligence? I had to laugh when i read this.

You shouldn’t feel insulted in any way because of my post. If you do, my friend, thats certainly your personal problem. Either way I‘m not gonna justify anything or do damage calc for you. Do it yourself if you like to, you got the stats.

I didn‘t write this because i want to compare myself to anyone nor to claim any ”record“ or something. I shared my team because I think some of you might find it interesting. It‘s a simple contribution i‘d like to make. Play the team yourself to get your own feeling of its power.

Hope it is a help to one or another and hope some of you can appreciate it.
No-one's insisting that you justify anything, but a screenshot of your streak might be helpful if you want to convince people that your record is genuine.

Hey guys I too have realized the awesome power of Moltres. I am currently running a team with Adedede's Moltres and have reached 154 wins so far (still going), which surpasses my own personal best. I have also adopted the use of torment, an astonishingly powerful move, thanks to Adedede. This team uses a rather unique pp stalling strategy so I thought I would share it and possibly encourage more experimentation with pivoting strategies.

Steelix icon

A. Beads (Steelix) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Rest
- Torment
- Iron Tail

Shedinja icon

Crust (Shedinja) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Wonder Guard
Level: 45
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 0 Spe
Brave Nature
- Protect
- Double Team
- Baton pass
- Toxic

Moltres icon

Chicken (Moltres) @ Leftovers
EVs: 220 HP / 52 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Morning Sun
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp

This team is based around the idea of switching out every turn until the opponent is out of moves. For example against a starmie switching to shedinja every turn to dodge surf and then switching back to moltres every other turn to absorb confuse ray. This strategy is very effective against most pokemon and has the added benefit of being able to play around quick claw. At least one member resists or is immune to every non status attack move in the game which is what allows this strategy to work. At the end of most battles I have three pokemon at full health with plenty of pp. Steelix was chosen as he heavily resists rock, super effective against the other two, and learns torment. Shedinja is level 45 and has reduced speed to allow the slowest possible baton passes to allow safe switches to my other pokemon. This is mostly only useful to give moltres leftover recovery while I pp stall a pokemon which is walled by shedinja.

Not so threatening threats:
Espeon 4
Espeon icon

after a torment shedinja can't be touched by this. Which allows shedinja to double team and baton pass +6 evasion or use toxic

Salamence
Salamence icon

I believe the worst set I came across is aerial ace, earthquake, dragon dance, crunch. After a torment steelix was able to kill it. The AI tends to choose eq,dd,eq,dd,eq,dd in this situation until it is +6 hopefully this will allow me to kill it before it starts using aerial ace. Moltres would still be able to pp stall it at +6 because of torment. The other sets are much easier to stall with some combination of torment and switching.

Hail/Sandstorm users.
Walrein icon
Steelix icon

They are weak to or completely walled by a combination of steelix and moltres. This allows shedinja to wait out the storm.

True threatlist:
Spikes...
They instantly kill shedinja. Without shedinja my team is weak to water and quick claw. Also the spikes stop me from switching steelix in an out multiple times. This inevitably means I will rely on Moltres to pp stall the rest of the battle. This is, in my opinion, the only thing stopping this team from being perfect.
Luckily there are only two sets in the whole tower that carry spikes which makes them rather rare
Skarmory icon
Forretress icon
I know I’m a little late to the party, but I’m a big fan of the swap-strategy you have going here, but my question is how do you deal with setup sweepers? Even with resistances if something can set up for a few turns while you’re shuffling mons around, it’s going to steamroll your team? At least that’s how it appears to me, but you’re the one who’s been using it

how do you deal with setup sweepers? Even with resistances if something can set up for a few turns while you’re shuffling mons around, it’s going to steamroll your team? At least that’s how it appears to me, but you’re the one who’s been using it
Basically they can't hit me. Often they cannot hit shedinja at all. If they only have one move that can hit shedinja, I can use torment then switch to shedinja and start using protect every other turn and spam double team.
Entei icon

Against fire calm minders I switch to moltres. Alternating protect and substitute is effective because of the pressure ability. They basically have a max of 8 shots with flamethrower so they aren't getting through substitute and protect.
Marowak icon

Some pokemon like marowak will run out of rock slides before they boost.
Salamence icon

Salamence is the biggest and only real issue in my opinion.
Against this one SALAMENCE (4), adamant, brightpowder, 394,405,196,230,196,236,dragon dance, aerial ace, earthquake, double-edge I would be forced to tank an earthquake with steelix in order to torment. After that shedinja can setup.
Against this SALAMENCE (5), hardy, lum, 373,306,238,256,238,236, headbutt, aerial ace, crunch, dragon dance I would tank a few hits with steelix then roar to lower attack.
Against this SALAMENCE earthquake, aerial ace, crunch, dragon dance I would torment. Again steelix has to tank EQ. With torment I would try to swap to moltres. Moltres can protect on the aerial ace turns and sub/heal against crunch. Moltres won't die to crunch.

I have some videos where you can see more of the strategy if you're interested

I'm starting an attempt at the symbols, and figured I'd try to work with the speedrun team since I don't have access to trading on cartrige. Problem is, I missed my chance to reset for Latios, and I have a Quirky nature with terrible IVs (only SpDef is above 10). What are my options (other teams, replacements for latios, use it as-is) besides restarting the save?

latios (lum)
306/-/203/392/256/310

metagross (cb)
364/396/296/-/224/177

404/256/302/210/216/141

latios:

metagross:

pert:

I do have a lot of questions about this streak, however, I don't feel its worth wasting my energy on this. The fact that you're claiming ~1600 wins with such a sub-optimal team is laughable specially considering how vulnerable this build-up is to the prominent threats that exists in Gen III.

For starters, the reason why Werster's team is preferred on speedruns, is because all three team members are obtainable in-game without trading being needed and it is the quickest way to grind for the Gold Symbols. Even the frames he aimed for in retail, are easily obtainable to make it possible for anyone who doesn't has access to flawless mons for RNGing, making it a very user friendly team. However, this team is and was never designed for long runs. During the 10 rounds you have to battle in order to obtain both the Gold and Silver symbols, you will be facing 7 rounds where your opponent will not use max IVs after you reached the 56th battle. This makes it perfect for this team to climb until that benchmark is reached. Even if you had flawless versions of the Pokemon that Werster uses, it will never fix the holes this team has.

What is your counterplay against Milotic 2 if it gets its Focus Band activated and is able to OHKO Latios with Mirror Coat? Considering how spammable it is for the AI to use this move, it only needs a FB activation to punch a big hole on your team as otherwise your Metagross is outsped by it which means it will have to take a hit before dispatching it (a crit will make it even worse for Metagross) and Swampert (who lacks recovery outside Leftovers).

What would you do against Tauros 1 which outspeeds Latios and 2HKOs it with Trash? Even if Metagross switches on the 2nd Trash turn, if it activates its Persim Berry after that, it will have a chance to hit you with Earthquake and since Tauros is decently bulky enough from the physical side, it will easily tank an HP Steel and 2HKO. While Swampert is the only Pokemon that can actually tank its hits, this will leave you with a weakened Swampert unable to handle what the AI has left specially if its something that Swampert should wall under good health conditions.

I could go on and add what Adedede described before considering that Werster has no reliable way to stop OHKO moves like Fissure, Horn Drill, Guillotine and pray for them not to work. Let alone, the lack of switch-ins against the Water types where in the end, your other two team members are unreliable vs the Water type class trainers (Sailors & Swimmers) and Triathletes who carry significant threats such as Ludicolo 4 (If Latios doesn't lands a hit, your only option is to Explode on it, which can miss if it has DT boosts under its belt), Lapras 7/8 (worth mentioning that Lapras 7 has Sing which can put Swampert to sleep) and so on.

The EV choices are questionable as well considering that, in the exception of Swampert, they don't achieve anything in particular or something that justifies its use over the choices even Werster himself made. Why you wouldn't use Max Speed on a flawless Modest Latios when 319 is an extremely convoluted speed tier where 6/8 Gengar sets and Tauros 1 sit? You basically just copy+pasted the Timid spread (which btw Timid is only outsped by one Crobat and two Jolteon sets) and slap it on a Modest just like that.

What exactly does your Metagross spread achieves when it still gets 2HKO'd by Alakazam and Gengar's Fire Punch and OHKO'd by a crit?

255+ SpA Alakazam Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 36 SpD Metagross: 195-230 (53.5 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
255+ SpA Alakazam Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 36 SpD Metagross on a critical hit: 391-460 (107.4 - 126.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

255+ SpA Gengar Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 36 SpD Metagross: 190-224 (52.1 - 61.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
255+ SpA Gengar Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 36 SpD Metagross on a critical hit: 380-448 (104.3 - 123%) -- guaranteed OHKO
In the end, there is a reason why you are getting called out by the more veteran players on this forum and the only logical explanation I can come up with this, is the fact that you save stated to get into those numbers. It's not a matter of how many wins you are able to get or the streak numbers, but this forum's purpose is to help those who are looking for good ideas to follow when building a team for Gen III. This team is extremely misleading and anyone who would use it will quickly find out that matching those numbers will be outright impossible due to how many vulnerabilities it has to the point where no matter how hard you crack your head, it will be almost impossible to figure out a solution.

I have some videos where you can see more of the strategy if you're interested
Worth mentioning that Morning Sun Moltres is actually shiny locked in XD Gale of Darkness, and since the one you have on your video is shiny, it's illegal. Other than that, wonderful display, just by looking into it, Shedinja tall is even more effective than what I originally thought. If I were you, I would make that change since I'm pretty sure we want to mantain the same consistency as the other Battle forums have in regards to hacked Pokemon being used.

I do have a lot of questions about this streak, however, I don't feel its worth wasting my energy on this. The fact that you're claiming ~1600 wins with such a sub-optimal team is laughable specially considering how vulnerable this build-up is to the prominent threats that exists in Gen III.

For starters, the reason why Werster's team is preferred on speedruns, is because all three team members are obtainable in-game without trading being needed and it is the quickest way to grind for the Gold Symbols. Even the frames he aimed for in retail, are easily obtainable to make it possible for anyone who doesn't has access to flawless mons for RNGing, making it a very user friendly team. However, this team is and was never designed for long runs. During the 10 rounds you have to battle in order to obtain both the Gold and Silver symbols, you will be facing 7 rounds where your opponent will not use max IVs after you reached the 56th battle. This makes it perfect for this team to climb until that benchmark is reached. Even if you had flawless versions of the Pokemon that Werster uses, it will never fix the holes this team has.

What is your counterplay against Milotic 2 if it gets its Focus Band activated and is able to OHKO Latios with Mirror Coat? Considering how spammable it is for the AI to use this move, it only needs a FB activation to punch a big hole on your team as otherwise your Metagross is outsped by it which means it will have to take a hit before dispatching it (a crit will make it even worse for Metagross) and Swampert (who lacks recovery outside Leftovers).

What would you do against Tauros 1 which outspeeds Latios and 2HKOs it with Trash? Even if Metagross switches on the 2nd Trash turn, if it activates its Persim Berry after that, it will have a chance to hit you with Earthquake and since Tauros is decently bulky enough from the physical side, it will easily tank an HP Steel and 2HKO. While Swampert is the only Pokemon that can actually tank its hits, this will leave you with a weakened Swampert unable to handle what the AI has left specially if its something that Swampert should wall under good health conditions.

I could go on and add what Adedede described before considering that Werster has no reliable way to stop OHKO moves like Fissure, Horn Drill, Guillotine and pray for them not to work. Let alone, the lack of switch-ins against the Water types where in the end, your other two team members are unreliable vs the Water type class trainers (Sailors & Swimmers) and Triathletes who carry significant threats such as Ludicolo 4 (If Latios doesn't lands a hit, your only option is to Explode on it, which can miss if it has DT boosts under its belt), Lapras 7/8 (worth mentioning that Lapras 7 has Sing which can put Swampert to sleep) and so on.

The EV choices are questionable as well considering that, in the exception of Swampert, they don't achieve anything in particular or something that justifies its use over the choices even Werster himself made. Why you wouldn't use Max Speed on a flawless Modest Latios when 319 is an extremely convoluted speed tier where 6/8 Gengar sets and Tauros 1 sit? You basically just copy+pasted the Timid spread (which btw Timid is only outsped by one Crobat and two Jolteon sets) and slap it on a Modest just like that.

What exactly does your Metagross spread achieves when it still gets 2HKO'd by Alakazam and Gengar's Fire Punch and OHKO'd by a crit?

In the end, there is a reason why you are getting called out by the more veteran players on this forum and the only logical explanation I can come up with this, is the fact that you save stated to get into those numbers. It's not a matter of how many wins you are able to get or the streak numbers, but this forum's purpose is to help those who are looking for good ideas to follow when building a team for Gen III. This team is extremely misleading and anyone who would use it will quickly find out that matching those numbers will be outright impossible due to how many vulnerabilities it has to the point where no matter how hard you crack your head, it will be almost impossible to figure out a solution.
This is why I think cart runs should be the only ones allowed lol

This is why I think cart runs should be the only ones allowed lol
Both things can be completely unrelated. Fake streaks can be done on retail cartridges if you have external devices such as Gameshark or an Action Replay. I did my own streaks on emulator as well and never save stated to cheat on streak numbers. Also all of my Gen III Pokemon were RNG abused on emulators. I also made a post related on the subject where people shouldn't be afraid to post emulator runs as long as they don't cheat. I admit that it is easier to fake streaks on an emulator, but we shouldn't discourage people from participating on this thread only because they need validation to "prove" themselves. Buying a cartridge currently involves so many risks with bootlegs being very common in the internet. In the end, as long as there is good faith on everyone who's participating on the thread, we should welcome everyone with open arms and ask the right questions if there is concern of a streak's legitimacy.

I'm starting an attempt at the symbols, and figured I'd try to work with the speedrun team since I don't have access to trading on cartrige. Problem is, I missed my chance to reset for Latios, and I have a Quirky nature with terrible IVs (only SpDef is above 10). What are my options (other teams, replacements for latios, use it as-is) besides restarting the save?
Gardevoir with destiny bond may be better. But its a tossup between your Latios. Maybe starmie. Either way it shouldn't take too long to grind out 70 wins even with bad nature and iv's
Also I would suggest item duplication on useful tm's.

Worth mentioning that Morning Sun Moltres is actually shiny locked in XD Gale of Darkness, and since the one you have on your video is shiny, it's illegal.
Fair enough. The shiny is kinda ugly anyway.

Hello everyone, I too would like to share the records I got when trying to go for an all gold frontier pass on my emerald cartridge. I thought to myself how hard could it be, to beat a game for children. Well it turned out to be a huge challenge, the amount of hax you need to deal with when going through the battle frontier is huge. I finally completed the challenge, but at what cost. I still remember that I started this game in 2014 during world cup football match of Belgium vs the USA, and since the I have played more than 900 hours to reach gold. That feels like time well spent, certainly when you are 2 hours in a run and then you get quick claw crit frozen sheer colded by a walrein . So anyway, the facility that caused me the most trouble definitely was the battle tower so I will start with that.

Battle tower team (record 108 wins):
The team where I got consistently long runs with:
slaking.png

Slaking @ Choice Band
Ability: Truant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 22 Atk / 4 Def / 10 SpA / 17 SpD
- Return
- Shadow Ball
- Brick Break
- Earthquake
weezing.png

Weezing @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 244 HP / 176 Atk / 88 SpA
Brave Nature
IVs: 19 HP / 26 Def / 26 SpD / 13 Spe
- Sludge Bomb
- Haze
- Explosion
- Flamethrower
Blissey.png

Blissey @ Bright Powder
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 4 Atk / 24 Def / 1 SpA / 11 SpD / 4 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Strategy

With this team I finally beat Anabelle, for the gold symbol. The strategy is simple, try to OHKO the lead of your opponent and turn the match in a 2 VS 3. Swap in the appropriate wall vs the opponents second pokemon. If special attacker, swap in Blissey and calm mind up and try to sweep the rest of their team. If physical attacker swap in Weezing and try to beat them one on one, this usually works because of the busted move that is explosion. Haze on weezing is also a move that works wonderful in the battle frontier, cause pokemon with boosting moves tend to keep boosting until they can knock out the opposing pokemon, which will not happen when you haze in time.

The team with which I achieved my current record.

After I got my gold symbol I was just trying out some new teams, and with the following team I broke my previous record without realizing it. (previous record landed just beneath 100 wins, cause after 100 wins they give you a gold shield)
walrein.png

Walrein (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 188 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 28 HP / 13 Atk / 24 Def / 29 SpA / 31 SpD / 29 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Encore
- Sheer Cold
latios.png

Latios (M) @ Lum Berry (Stole this one from a dragon tamer in battle tower of my sapphire game using lati@s roaming glitch)
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: all 31
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
donphan.png

Donphan (M) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 3 HP / 31 Atk / 21 Def / 29 SpA / 25 SpD / 31 Spe
- Endure
- Flail
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

I still can’t believe how I got this high with this team, guess the luck was finally with me for once.

Strategy

Bane: Oh, you think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING! The shadows betray you, because they belong to me!

Yes one of the most feared pokemon of the frontier, sheer cold Walrein and he is on my side now. This SPA invested walrein hits surprisingly hard with its two stabs in surf and ice beam, hitting a great portion of pokemon for super effective damage. The most important move in its arsenal however is encore, with this Walrein can lock his opponent into using one move for several turns. This can lead to setup opportunities for its teammate Latios which has great synergy with Walrein and can usually win games with only one calm mind under its belt. Walrein also has great defensive stats so the AI tend to use stat boosting moves and this can give walrain several turns of trying to hit a sheer cold ohko (that always feels good ) and leftovers recovery. Donphan is on the team to take the one hit ko moves with its sturdy and as an electic immunity. Adamant nature max attack hits super hard, and the end salec , endure flail set saved me multiple times. Although it only hits 298 speed after salec berry activation.

It really is a miracle I got this far with this team I think but maybe a encore based team could work well in the frontier? Maybe an encore shuckle + psych up rest metagross + calm mind latias team could work?

Picture proof:
Battle tower300.jpg

Battle Arena (record 56 KOs)
Gengar.png

Gengar (M) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 20 HP / 29 Atk / 20 Def / 27 SpA / 25 SpD / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond
Snorlax.png

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 112 Atk / 160 Def / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 15 HP / 20 Atk / 25 Def / 9 SpA / 18 SpD / 26 Spe
- Return
- Counter
- Earthquake
- Shadow Ball
crobat.png

Crobat (M) @ Persim Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 68 HP / 248 Atk / 16 Def / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 3 HP / 21 Def / 29 SpA / 25 SpD
- Confuse Ray
- Fly
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball

Strategy:
Gengar is strong fast special attacker, destiny bond for something to take down with you
Follow up is all ou attacker counter snorlax
Next up is crobat, confuse ray and fly are really good moves in the battle arena when you can’t Ko your opponents pokemon and the battle is decided by the judges. Opponent hitting itself due to confusion of missing because of fly lowers their skill rating.

Picture proof
Battle arena300.jpg

Battle factory (56 win streak , 26 swaps)
Picture proof
Battle factory300.jpg

Battle Pyramid (70 floors cleared)
slaking.png

Slaking @ Choice Band
Ability: Truant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 22 Atk / 4 Def / 10 SpA / 17 SpD
- Return
- Shadow Ball
- Brick Break
- Earthquake
Blissey.png

Blissey @ Focus Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 18 HP / 4 Atk / 24 Def / 1 SpA / 6 SpD / 9 Spe
- Counter
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
Gengar.png

Gengar @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 20 HP / 29 Atk / 20 Def / 27 SpA / 25 SpD / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
strategy:
Slaking is the king of the battle pyramid, with battles vs enemy trainers that have only 1 pokemon. He can ohko almost every mon in the game with choice band equiped. Blissey is the cleric of the team with softboiled. gengar to swith in vs fighting types.

picture proof
Battle pyramid300.jpg

Battle dome (record 33 championships)

Team
salamence.png

Salamence @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 19 HP / 14 Atk / 0 Def / 12 SpD
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
regice.png

Regice @ Lum Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 240 HP / 120 Def / 148 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 20 Atk / 25 Def / 18 SpA / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Psych Up
- Thunderbolt
swampert.png

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 11 Atk / 20 Def / 12 SpA / 29 SpD / 22 Spe
- Muddy Water
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

Team strategy:
3 pokemon with great synergy together.
Tucker 2 always leads swampert vs this team. To beat him lead swampert and swap out to regice, he will always ice beam vs salamence and earthquake or mirror coat vs regice, when he is out of ice beams dragon dance up and win.
picture proof
Battle dome300.jpg

Battle pike (record 140 rooms)
Heracross.png

Heracross @ Choice Band
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 22 HP / 27 Atk / 10 Def / 26 SpA / 23 SpD / 25 Spe
- Brick Break
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
Blissey.png

Blissey @ Focus Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 18 HP / 24 Def / 1 SpA / 6 SpD / 9 Spe
- Counter
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
milotic.png

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 24 HP / 10 Atk / 24 Def / 10 SpA / 21 Spe
- Surf
- Toxic
- Recover
- Ice Beam

strategy
Use heracross ass a strong choice bander with guts a very good ability in the pike with all the status running around
blissey is the cleric of the team
milotic is defensive wall

picture proof
Battle pike300.jpg

Battle palace (record 42)

meganium.png

Meganium @ Lum Berry
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 72 SpA / 52 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 21 Def / 18 SpA / 15 SpD / 8 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Counter
Snorlax.png

Snorlax @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 216 HP / 8 Atk / 112 Def / 172 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 16 HP / 27 Atk / 16 Def / 6 SpA / 11 SpD / 21 Spe
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Curse
- Body Slam
dusclops.png

Dusclops @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 20 Def / 200 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 30 Atk / 22 Def / 15 SpA / 6 SpD / 16 Spe
- Seismic Toss
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball

very fat stally team
Bold meganium has the most chance to select counter when hp is high, when hp is low the chance to use recovery moves such as leech seed and synthesis is the biggest. Leech seed and will-O-wisp from dusclops are very great status moves that can help curse lax sweep.
these pokemon have a sassy nature which gives them the biggest chance to attack when their hp is full. when hp is low they will use defensive moves like rest and pain split

picture proof
Battle palace300.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)