SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Both apples show as compatible in this clip. In the comments the video creator claims that they couldn't use the Tart in Shield, but others say it works.

EDIT: A youtube comment may have found the root of the cause. "I couldn't get Applin to evolve while holding the item and it was driving me crazy. I figured out it was because I was on my bike. I hopped off my bike and then made him unhold and hold the apple again and he evolved." Don't get why people keep talking about holding the item though, the author's comment was also about holding and giving it back. "I did that too and it didn’t work for me. Gave a Tart Apple to my Applin in Shield and nothing happened. Traded it back to Sword and it evolved after taking the item away and giving it back to it."

People keep making this hold item mistake further down in the comments too. I bet this is the real issue

Last edited:
^Sounds like people just use "Give" and "Use" randomly and expect it to work either way. The apples are like evolutionary stones, you don't give them to Pokémon to hold.

I wonder one thing: is it possible to prematurely hack in Galarian Slowbro or Slowking into the game?

And is it possible to learn if Kantonian Slowpoke/Slowbro or Johtonian Slowking (or any of the other returning mons) got any new moves since seemingly they exist in the game now? (It'd be odd if they're not in the games code at least)
Galarian Slowbro and Slowking were not added in the game. It doesn't appear that the original forms were either. Galar Slowpoke is in and Kanto Slowpoke is partially in (lacks icons). That said they could have just repeated the data to be fixed later. It's not like folks are supposed to have Kanto Slowpoke now.

https://twitter.com/SciresM
https://pastebin.com/K0m4fVXN

Has Hidden Ability availability (for those that don't have it yet) or availability of the Star and Ribbon sweet been detected in the newest update?

Bit off topic, but will there be a similiar separate thread for the expansions? Hoping to see lists of confirmed Pokemon.

Bit off topic, but will there be a similiar separate thread for the expansions? Hoping to see lists of confirmed Pokemon.
The expansion isnt due for 6 months, it's a bit early to ask for this.

There's nothing confirmed other than the images shared in the trailers (which are on Serebii's page if you're curious), + GF's word on "all the legendaries".

Kind of an older topic, but I'm just wondering if anyone is able to confirm this theory, or at least second it.

Regarding the fact that Max Moves are in the game's move database, but the G-Max moves are not (except for their descriptions in the common.txt):
  • Known fact: G-Max Moves are functionally identical to Max Moves, just with different secondary effects
  • All the data for Max Moves appear to be filler, unused data for everything (10 PP and Power, Physical moves)
    • Max Moves don't seem to have any of the secondary effect fields populated, even though they all have a 100% secondary effect (e.g. stat1 +/-, stat1 %, and Effect #) - it seems the game may dynamically determine this instead of looking into the moves file
  • In terms of the text descriptions, the first G-Max move of its type appears in the same order as the respective Max Moves
    • First 5 Max moves: Max Flare, Max Flutterby, Max Lightning, Max Strike, Max Knuckle...
    • First 5 G-Max Moves: G-Max Wildfire, G-Max Befuddle, G-Max Volt Crash, G-Max Gold Rush, G-Max Chi Strike...
      • If you only take the first G-Max Move for its type (i.e. ignore G-Max Replenish, G-Max Centiferno, etc), then those types will appear in the exact same order as that of the Max Moves
  • In light of today's announcement, it appears that they may have implemented Max Moves/G-Max Moves as such (as opposed to how they did Z-Moves) so that it's more robust- they can introduce new G-Max Moves without changing much of the existing moves' code.
As a result, perhaps a G-Max Move like G-Max Wildfire is essentially "the same" as Max Flare (e.g. holds the same spot in the move array). But the game has some condition that because a GMax Charizard is using it, G-Max Wildfire would execute/display instead of Max Flare.

Last edited:
Got the update figured out and working with pkNX. While it was extracting I noticed the animation folder. Turns out v-create has a file and snapped moves don't, so at least it seems to be intentional.

Nothing new in the trainer area, except the first entry went from "Egg" to "---".

The textdumps were too big for pastebin so I leave the 1.0.1 text here, along with 1.0.0 versions to compare to. I will probably edit this post later with more notes but here it is for now.
https://github.com/Flametix/swsh-text

SCRIPT STUFF:

A lot of the differences are variables being removed from the ends of places unfortunately.
Code:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Text File : rigel_other_station
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Text File : kaifuku_kisekae_room
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
New empty files. The slowpoke cutscene also has a rigel prefix. "rigel_other_jizen"

Apparently an empty file ending in "0155" was removed.

Other new files. Common: peonymemo, kumite, composition, chika

"Looks like that slowpoke update also expanded some limits in code. They added 6 more entry spots in the pokedex class. Base game had 2 open slots after eternius, now theres 8." - twitter

Code:
Got some Pokémon questions? Feel free to ask away.
Undergo Hyper Training
Learn rare moves
Remember a move
Forget a move
Quit
Rate a nickname
Check a Pokémon’s memories
Well, come back anytime.
So, you’re the new Champion! I can put any of your Lv. 100 Pokémon through Hyper Training.
What’s this? Seems you don’t have any Bottle Caps or Gold Bottle Caps.
Now, which Pokémon will I put through Hyper Training?
If it isn’t Lv. 100, it’s not hype enough to undergo Hyper Training.
Oh! [VAR 0102(0001)] is already so strong, it doesn’t even need any training!
Would you like to use a Bottle Cap or a Gold Bottle Cap?
You want me to hype up all of this Pokémon’s stats?
Which stat should I hype up?
[VAR 0109(0000)]: [VAR 0201(0001)]
[~ 19]
[~ 20]
[~ 21]
[~ 22]
[~ 23]
[~ 24]
[~ 25]
[~ 26]
The training starts now!
This Pokémon can’t be trained any further!
You don’t have enough [VAR 1001][VAR 0109(0000)]...
Phew... [VAR 0102(0000)] got stronger from the Hyper Training.
Want to keep the hype going with some more Hyper Training?
What move shall I teach?
Ultimate moves
Battle-combo moves
Quit
Back
Draco Meteor
Frenzy Plant
Hydro Cannon
Blast Burn
Fire Pledge
Water Pledge
Grass Pledge
Which Pokémon should learn my move?
Which Pokémon should I have remember a move?
Which Pokémon should I have forget a move?
Hm? This move is quite rare. If your Pokémon forgets this move, it won’t be able to relearn it. So I’ll teach it another rare move for you.
[VAR 0102(0001)] can’t learn my move.
[VAR 0102(0001)] already knows my move.
[VAR 0102(0000)] learned [VAR 0107(0001)]![VAR BE05(0004)][VAR BE05(0001)]
There are rare moves that your Pokémon can’t learn by leveling up or by using TMs or TRs! If you’re interested, I can teach them to your Pokémon.
You want one of your Pokémon to forget a move? If you want your Pokémon to use a move it’s forgotten, it’ll have to relearn the move first. So be careful.
I can have your Pokémon remember any move they should’ve had the chance to learn up until where they are now.
It doesn’t seem like that Pokémon has any moves that it can forget.
It doesn’t seem like that Pokémon has any moves that it can remember.
Huh? You can’t choose an Egg! It hasn’t even hatched yet!
[VAR 0102(0001)] has already learned the special move.
Would you like me to teach this move to another of your Pokémon?
Is there another Pokémon you’d like me to help remember some moves?
Would you like me to have your Pokémon forget any other moves?
Shall I stop having your Pokémon forget moves?
Shall I stop having your Pokémon remember moves?
Shall I stop teaching your Pokémon moves?
Shall I stop the Hyper Training?
[VAR 0102(0000)] has gained newfound determination and changed to its Resolute Form!
Not new, but apparently pokemon centre guy could have been able to tutor ultimate moves and use Hyper Training. Damn. Also, Keldeo resolute form.

Code:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Text File : stopper
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Stopper message (TBD)
At last, the Gym Challenge’s opening ceremony! My heart is pounding with all the excitement!
Corrr!
Motostoke is something else! What other city has a lift to take you between the upper and the lower districts?
The eight Gym Leaders that challengers have to face... They’re all frightfully strong. I wonder if any of the Gym Challengers stand a chance.
[~ 5]
No wandering into that tall grass for you if you’ve got no Pokémon of your own, mate!
You can’t go any farther in with that Wooloo standing in the way!
And where do you think you’re off to, then? We’re having a battle—you and me!
Be serious, would you? We’ve got to go look for that Pokémon!
[~ 10]
[~ 11]
Sorry, but Team Yell caused quite the kerfuffle, and now the bridge is in a bit of a state... We’ll have things cleaned quick as can be done, but could you give us some time?
If you’re looking for your Bag, [VAR 0100(0000)], didn’t you leave it in your room? And grab yourself a hat for the weather, as well!
Heya, [VAR 0100(0000)]! Hop was looking for you, you know. But no need to go to the next town to find him when he lives right next door, right?
[~ 15]
You did tell your mum that we’re heading to Wedgehurst, right? She’ll go spare if you disappear without a word.
Mzzz... Mzzz...
You wouldn’t want to wake up the sweet sleeping Wooloo, right? Better to take the long way round.
Let’s go and meet Lee at the station! It’s dead ahead from here!
My Wooloo simply loves the Pokémon Center. Come along, Wooloo! You’re perfectly healed! Time we go back home!
Meeeeeeh...
I lost to the Trainers out training their teams on Route 2... I just can’t believe it... Give me a moment to process, would you? I’m in shock here.
The Slumbering Weald is over this way! Let’s go find that Wooloo!
I believe the chairman was quite clear. Get your Water Badge at once.
You must be a Gym Challenger, right? If you’re looking for the Gym Leader, Nessa, she’s off at the lighthouse. The lighthouse is, well... If you head toward the sea from here, you shouldn’t be able to miss it.
We’re blockin’ off this route to get in the way of Gym Challengers—you got that? “Our Marnie’s all done with Hulbury! Our Marnie’s all done with the sea! Our Marnie defeats every leader, and she’ll bring us all sweet victory!”
Team Yell’s hard at work trainin’ up our Pokémon t’be extra hard here in Galar Mine No. 2!
Can’t you see we’re practicin’ our chants here?! “You’re not passin’! You’re not passin’! You’re not passin’, not through here! You’ll not get through till we’re all done here!”
Can’t you see we’re practicin’ our cheers here?! “M-A-R-N-I-and-E! That’s how we spell victory!”
You just can’t silence Team Yell! “She’s cute! She’s tough! She won’t take no one’s guff! Ooour Marnie! She’s our Marnie!”
You just can’t silence Team Yell! “Glory, glory, to our Marnie! Glory, glory, to our Marnie! Glory, glory, to our Marnie! As our girl goes marchin’ on!”
Excuse me! You need permission to enter the vault here in Hammerlocke!
You can’t drown us out, mate! We’ll just turn the volume up! “M-A-R N-I-E! That spells victory to me! With the knick-knack paddywhack, give Growlithe a bone... Marnie’s gonna send you home!”
[~ 34]
Corviknight is a Pokémon that flies all about carrying people where they want to go. But even they get tuckered out...
Hmm? You don’t have the Fire Badge yet. You can’t enter without the Fire Badge. Would you like me to take you back to the bridge at the Motostoke Riverbank?
Got it! Then come with me!
Got it! Well, don’t push yourself too hard. Set up camp or something when you need a rest!
My Corviknight got all rested up, so it’s already headed off on its next Poké Job!
[~ 40]
[~ 41]
Nice tbd. Also this is literally a file that has all the roadblock dialogue, or "stoppers" as gamefreak calls them. Damn

Code:
By the way... You may be able to see a rare Pokémon at Wedgehurst Station now.
A nice hint at the end of the center dialogue. I haven't actually played it through but it's either from the nurse or Rotom.

There is pokeball plus data for slowpoke, some cries and some stuff in a 'rgbled' folder. (misc/palma)

The new npcs are the 'esperboy' and 'poisongirl'. Pretty much

Last edited:
Do we know Galarian Slowpoke's HA, or is that not in the code yet?

EDIT: Awesome, thanks! In that case, I'll wait to breed a shiny one until it's released.

Last edited:
Do we know if the base critical hit odds have changed, or if it still the 1/24 that it was changed to last generation?

Also, can anyone confirm whether or not the likelihood of Protect or Max Guard failing when used in succession?

^Failing is still possible.

Here are the changed move animations (I think) in 1.1.0.
1579040422859.png

135 = softboiled
539 = night daze
557 = V-create
587 = Fairy Lock
709 = Accelerock

Whatever gamefreak was trying to do with these unobtainable moves broke Fairy Lock in the process.

EDIT: Let's make the most out of this post. I shoved the game into ghidra and got these strings out of it. Who's jenkins?
1579043381879.png

In 1.0.0 'jenkins' is still there but with some slightly different "orion" folders instead, the original codename. Not much orion is left in 1.1.0. Maybe Gen 8 is now under rigel with the DLC, or maybe it was all jenkins. I'm no expert so don't expect too much here.
1579043570545.png

The wild area is known as the 'wide road' internally.
Raid dens = nestholes
credits = mp4
berry is nut

Last edited:
Is the V-Create animation new?

If so, that's pretty interesting. Could just be to avoid bugs, but the only Pokemon which get it are Victini and Rayquaza. We aren't getting Rayquaza until November (unless they let you import it in the first DLC), but is it at all possible we're getting Victini sooner?

*Imagines the horror of V-Create Zacian*

Last edited:
The files were already there in the base game, but these are a bit bigger. I have no idea how to read them or what's different, just that they're in the update data. From the mechanics thread: Anubis has recorded the V-create and Accelerock animations for at least 1.1.0, don't know if there's any 1.0.0 recordings for comparison. Could be interesting.

EDIT: The ew files existed I mean. Just checked and apparently "ee030" is new. Horn attack?
Looking at the other files + move IDs + mon IDs...

eg773 = Max Overgrowth
_0003 = Venusaur

eg765 = Max Geyser
_0818 = Inteleon
_0006 = Charizard?

It looks like these are part of the gmax move animations. Grass move for Venusaur confirmed? Damn. I meant this as a joke, but I just realized poison was an option.

Last edited:

If so, that's pretty interesting. Could just be to avoid bugs, but the only Pokemon which get it are Victini and Rayquaza. We aren't getting Rayquaza until November (unless they let you import it in the first DLC), but is it at all possible we're getting Victini sooner?

*Imagines the horror of V-Create Zacian*
Plot twist, this is work being done for giant forehead Calyrex, who will be the first pokemon to actually just learn this move naturally instead of by event

The files were already there in the base game, but these are a bit bigger. I have no idea how to read them or what's different, just that they're in the update data. From the mechanics thread: Anubis has recorded the V-create and Accelerock animations for at least 1.1.0, don't know if there's any 1.0.0 recordings for comparison. Could be interesting.

EDIT: The ew files existed I mean. Just checked and apparently "ee030" is new. Horn attack?
Looking at the other files + move IDs + mon IDs...

eg773 = Max Overgrowth
_0003 = Venusaur

eg765 = Max Geyser
_0818 = Inteleon
_0006 = Charizard?

It looks like these are part of the gmax move animations. Grass move for Venusaur confirmed? Damn. I meant this as a joke, but I just realized poison was an option.
Seems like someone did a typo for Blastoise here. Hopefully they catch that sooner than later~

Since you have the animation archives, would it be possible for you look into trainer animations? The SM demo notably has Kukui's champion battle intro animation, and I wonder if the current implementation of Avery & Karla might've come with their full or partial animation set. Could be neat to see their batlte poses

The presence of Fairy Lock and Accelerock animations strongly hints that Klefki and (ewwww) Lycanroc are bound to return. The fact they are updated makes me think they are Part 1 content.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
The presence of Fairy Lock and Accelerock animations strongly hints that Klefki and (ewwww) Lycanroc are bound to return. The fact they are updated makes me think they are Part 1 content.
Lycanroc is already confirmed to be in the Isle of Armor (the part 1 of DLC). Klefki is not, however.

Since you have the animation archives, would it be possible for you look into trainer animations? The SM demo notably has Kukui's champion battle intro animation, and I wonder if the current implementation of Avery & Karla might've come with their full or partial animation set. Could be neat to see their batlte poses
The animations exist, but apparently there isn't a way to open them yet. If I were able to, I'd swap them in over some other trainer and check it ingame or something like that. Alas I only have files.
From what I can tell with 'Switch Toolbox' (animation names), they at least don't have animations for speaking during battle (yet)

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)