Side Welcome to Sword and Shield Monotype - Semifinals

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Approved by Forum Mods

Welcome to Sword and Shield Monotype - Semifinals

Yet another generation has come, and with it, another tournament to usher in the new world of Monotype. As with the release of Sun and Moon, the Monotype forum is hosting a team tournament to give everyone the opportunity to experiment and help with developing the gen 8 Monotype metagame. This tournament is played with teams of five to encourage people to build together, so find some friends and sign up!

Tournament Format & Rules :

• There are 32 teams of 5 players, divided into 8 groups of 4. Each group and matchup are randomized by Moosical.
  • Always play your games in the [Gen 8] Monotype format.
  • Like normal team tours, you will play bo1 versus your opponent, and the team is playing to win the best of five between the players. You do not need to play all at the same time, so schedule individually like usual!
  • You must play on the main Pokemon Showdown server or on the Smogtours server. Replays posted from any other server will be ignored.
  • This tournament is about developing the Monotype metagame. As a result, you must abide by the following.:
    • Save your replays
    • Have public replays (Message Eien as soon as possible if you accidentally make your replay private. He can make them public for you)
    • And post your replays
  • Extensions don't exist in team tours, but there are no subs in this tour. So, I will leave the option of extensions open with the caveat that you need to legitimately try to schedule within the week. I reserve the right to deny extensions.
  • Don't be too rude to each other. The usual Nice User TM discussion can go in the Monotype Discord tournaments channel.
Standard Monotype Rules:
  • Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
Tournament Structure:
  • This tournament will have two stages: groups and playoffs.
  • For the groups stage, teams will be randomly split into separate groups. The top two teams of each group will advance to the playoffs. Ties will be decided by total wins, so make sure to play every game.
  • For the playoffs, it will be a standard single elimination bracket.

>>>>>Click Here For The Spreadsheet<<<<<
Note: Spreadsheet does not contain playoffs stats as it is my finals week and I don't have time to update them.

The tournament will proceed with this Bracket generated by Moosical. Every matchup is single elimination, the loser is eliminated. If your team is not on the bracket, I'm sorry but you didn't make it in. You can check the standings of the group stage in the spreadsheet above.

Group 1
The Golden Snorlaxes vs Two Bee Deter Mend

Group 2
void vs The Lazy Snorlaxes

The Golden Snorlaxes (1) vs Two Bee Deter Mend (4)
DYA vs Havens
LuckyPiper vs Kev
Jolly Togekiss ^-^ Ssalbap
Decem vs Eien
Caspell vs dahli

void (2) vs The Lazy Snorlaxes (2)
zugubu royale vs Xylia
Vodoom vs Maxerus
Waszap vs Dandy Highwayman
Confluxx vs A Virus
Chaitanya vs TezGreninja
The deadline for this round is 19th Sunday EST 11.59 PM! Please do me a favor and post your act calls and stuff before the deadline! Many thanks!

Last edited:

zugubu royale

Banned deucer.
The Golden Snorlaxes () vs Two Bee Deter Mend ()
DYA vs Havens
LuckyPiper vs Kev : tbh piper is gonna lose but I want to make the matchup look balanced
Jolly Togekiss ^-^ Ssalbap : (0-100) no prediction necessary when u make polls like that; u catching these asian hands
Decem vs Eien : This prediction has been removed because it goes against our community guidelines
Caspell vs dahli

void () vs The Lazy Snorlaxes ()
zugubu royale vs Xylia
Vodoom vs Maxerus
Waszap vs Dandy Highwayman
Confluxx vs A Virus
Chaitanya vs TezGreninja

zap vs the carnage highwayman footage leaked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)