Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower

Lets start with the beast himself, the team starting point, specs hydreigon. It's an absolute monster of a breaker who does not have many reliable switch ins. Honestly I can't think of anything that's just a straight up safe switch in. People will often try to switch in either Corviknight, clef, drakapult, ferro depending on what they predict, all of which are 2hkod by something. It also comes in on choice locked drakapult, passive mon like ferro, pex, cursola, predicted moves it resists such as fire or water (like from clef who is OHKOd by flash cannon) and slow turn from corviknight. This thing is a monster.

clefable.gif
Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Moonlight

Next lets talk about when you don't get the prediction right, a large number of the pokemon that are switch ins to hydregon are also weak to LO clef, who knew that having a large amount of coverage and huge offensive stats was good...also I should point out that this is the second heavy hitting special attacker in a meta that is heavily focused on physical defense for walls. Anyway, LO cleff takes care of fighting types, corv, non flash cannon hydregon, ferro, conkeldur, and a host of other things. That said, clefs main weakness is that it invites in fire types, particularly rotom heat (who I've been seeing a lot less of lately).

dracozolt.png

Dracozolt @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Fang

when I was thinking about rotom heat I realized that hm, this guy resists all of RH's stabs...and threatens a LOT of damage in return. I played around with a few builds and settled on this one. Scarf is very helpful to outspeed opposing hydregon and excadril. Bolt beak does insane damage and pressures the opponent to switch in a ground type which gets you corviknight to slow turn into hydreigon. EQ ohkos non sash dril and threatens any steel types thinking they can take an outrage, outrage ohkos hydreigon and is great stab, the last move slot I don't know what to do with so I'm trying out low kick for now but I'm sure there is something better.

corviknight.png

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Even though the above 3 mons all have ways to deal with drill and other ground types, they don't switch in very well to one that's already on the field. That's where the best pokemon in the meta comes in. Corv can switch into drill and slow turn out, if they go for a rapid spin you can switch into Conk and threaten drain punch, if not then you can go hydreigon and break something that way as well. Additionally this serves as a physical wall, defogger, and threatens things such as conk and non LO clef. Role compression at it's finest.

conkeldurr.gif

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Payback

Up till this point my team does not have a way to deal with dragon dance sweepers, so to combat that I've got priority in conk. The plan is to blow a chunk out of their setup mon's HP, sac something, then threaten out the set up sweeper with conk. In addition to being there to prevent dragon dance sweeps, it also breaks walls as normal. I'm testing out payback to hit ghost type switch in's who are expecting mach/drain punch and plan to use thunder punch to hit incoming fairies.

excadrill.gif

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Lastly Drill is here to threaten sweeps and destroy rotom appliances switching into corvikight. He hits very hard, can set up sweep, acts as a second hazard remover, baits in fire types for hydreigon to switch in on, blocks electric moves aimed at corvinight, threatens out fairies not packing fire type coverage. It does a lot.

Last edited:
Good day aqualad33, apologies that it's taken so long for your team to receive a rate.

This is a very solid team, and after looking at it i can say that it doesn't struggle that much and is quite usable as it already is, i am however
going to share my opinions on threats and changes that could make it even better, imo. :)
I am going under the assumption that this is designed as a Bulky offense team, judging by you phrasing clefable and corviknight as switch-ins to certain pokemon. This is my personal favorite playstyle, because of it requiring offensive playing to succeed, but also having pivots and defensive backbones to deal with pokemon that are difficult for the offensive members of the team to deal with.

Your team;
:hydreigon::clefable::dracozolt::corviknight::excadrill::conkeldurr:
The team's offensive core is based on :choice specs:Specs :hydreigon:Hydreigon, :choice scarf:Scarf :dracozolt:Dracozolt, :life orb:LO :clefable:Clefable and Guts / :flame orb::conkeldurr:Conkeldurr. These pokemon make for a very strong offense core for the team, and they pair nicely. Hydreigon and Dracozolt break through most of the defensive pokemon you'll find in the tier. Examples include, but are not limited to; :corsola-galar:Corsola-Galar, :corviknight:Corviknight, :clefable:Clefable, :ferrothorn:Ferrothon and :seismitoad:Seismitoad. It also checks a variety of offensive threats such as Corviknight, :bisharp:Bisharp, :kommo-o:Kommo-o and :aegislash:Aegislash. To go with this, :excadrill:Excadrill carrying SD and Rapid Spin has good potential to sweep late-game, if you are able to weaken it's counters. Excadrill also checks pokemon such as :toxtricity:Toxatricity, which is otherwise threatening.
The team has a defensive-backbone in :corviknight:Corviknight, which provides the team with a slow U-turn and defog support. Though Defog may seem redundant when you have Rapid Spin on excadrill.

The team has a lot of offensive pressure, but also have good pivoting abilities with :corviknight:Corvi and :clefable:Clef.
For a team that relies a bit more on pivoting than just breaking through faster than the opponent does so to you, as Hyper Offense, i think the team would benefit from having a form of entry hazzards, namely Stealth Rock. The team mostly deals well with opposing defensive threats, but i see some potential problems. The team also has some issues with opposing offensive threats. I'll elaborate on these next.

In the next sections, i'll be poiting out some potential issues for the team;

Offensive threats to your team;
:dracozolt::dracovish::dragapult::togekiss::barraskewda:
You'll probably notice that all of these listed threats either naturally outspeed your team, has the option of running :choice scarf:Choice Scarf or abuses Swift Swim. The reason for this is that for Bulky Offense to be successfull, it needs to be able to deal with opposing threats that outspeed it or abuse priority, and threatens to break it down. Since your team does not have priority moves that check these pokemon or speed control to reliably check them, we could look at some counters / pivots for these to make it easier to play around these without having to rely on incredibly offensive plays. I'll explain some more why these are threats in this section, and get into possible fixes in a later section, so that we have good knowledge of what we need to do.

:dracozolt:Dracozolt and :dracovish:Dracovish. These two are quite similar, and are both big threats to the team. While these do not run :choice scarf:Scarf all of the time, even a :choice band: or any other set can be quite threatening to this team. This is because 3 of your pokemon are very slow, allowing these to come in often and click a move to get a KO or huge amounts of damage. The Scarf sets are troublesome because they are not check by :hydreigon:Hydreigon or your own :dracovish:Dracovish (because Dracovish would simply speed-tie).

:dragapult:Dragapult is a pokemon with naturally incredible speed. Even :dracozolt:Dracozolt with :choice scarf:Scarf does not outspeed this pokemon. The most common set for Dragapult is with :choice specs:Spec, which has a decent chance to 2HKO :clefable:Clefable with Shadow Ball, and almost always OHKOs :corviknight:Corviknight with Fire Blast after Stealth Rock damage.

:togekiss:Togekiss. Whilst this pokemon does not run :choice scarf:Scarf too often, atleast i don't see that set very often myself, it does have the possibility of doing so, which outspeeds :dracozolt:Dracozolt and threatens the likely OHKO with Dazzling Gleam. Togekiss' also runs Substitute sets, which forces you to loose something to deal with this set if it is running Dazzling Gleam. It is also generally threatening due to it's Air Slash flinching. The only real switchin for this is on your team is :clefable:Clefable and it relies on not getting flinched more than 2 times in a row.

:barraskewda:Barraskewda. This threat speaks for itself. This is a strong rain abuser that get acces to strong moves such as Close Combat, Psychic Fangs, Crunch and Liquidation. It often runs :choice band:Choice Band and is found on rain teams, allowing it to outspeed in rain and kill many of your pokemon with rain-boost Liquidation or Close Combat.

Defensive threats to your team;
:clefable::sylveon:
Thanks to the good offensive core on this team, there are not many defensive threats to this team.

:clefable:Clefable and :sylveon:Sylveon are both bulky fairies that annoy this team. The reason for this is that :hydreigon:Hydreigon cannot OHKO either, even with no Special Defence investment, and in return they threaten to OHKO it with stab Fairy-type moves. This is obviously bad for your team. Both Clefable and Sylveon also carry Fire-type moves commonly now, threatening pokemon that will be able to switch in, such as :excadrill:Excadrill and :corviknight:Corviknight. This means they can't repeatedly switch in.

There are a few threats that should be taken care of so that this team can function as best as possible.
Here are my thoughts;

Big changes:
Swapping :conkeldurr:Conkeldurr -> :seismitoad:Seismitoad
Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic

The reasons for this swap are quite simple;
1) Seismitoad provides Stealth Rocks for your team. Something that is very usefull for bulky offense teams. It punishes pokemon that need to pivot around against your breaker, :hydreigon: and :dracozolt:. It also helps you deal with :togekiss:Togekiss better and discourage it from comming in, unless it is running :heavy-duty boots:Heavy-duty boots.
2) Seismitoad is one of the most reliable counters / pivots to offensive threats such as :dracozolt:Dracozolt, :dracovish:Dracovish and :barraskewda:Barraskewda. I name these because as you'll remember, these are threats your team in particular. It also helps against :cinderace:Cinderace, which is a dangerous pokemon to play against when you are running a team with a lot of slow members, such as this one. It was not named however since your team already features enough counterplay, by checking it and being able to pivot with Dracozolt.

Why did i replace :conkeldurr:Conkeldurr with this? The reason for this was that your team didnt gain much extra by having Conkeldurr fill the last slot on the team. You already have pokemon that threaten and check the same pokemon that Conkeldurr was.
To name a few; :hydreigon:Hydreigon checks :bisharp:Bisharp, :ferrothorn:Ferrothorn, :crawdaunt:Crawdaunt, :obstagoon:Obstagoon and Ghost-types.
:dracozolt:Dracozolt threatens all the Steel-types in the tier with the combination of Bolt Beak, Fire Fang and Earthquake.
:corviknight:Corviknight counters :excadrill:Excadrill, removing the need for Conkeldurr to check it with Mach Punch.

Smaller changes;
Minor set changes for; :hydreigon::dracozolt::clefable::excadrill::corviknight:
Item changes;
:hydreigon:Hydreigon: :choice specs: -> :choice scarf: and :dracozolt:Dracozolt :choice scarf: -> :choice band:/:life orb:
This is a change that i recommend to deal with the defensive threats to the team, :clefable:Clefable and :sylveon:Sylveon. Giving Dracozolt the Choice Band or Life orb will allow it to always OHKO both of these threats. This is something that the Choice Scarf did not allow it to do. Of course, not all Clefables run max defence in this meta, but they do exist.
Onto Hydreigon; giving it Choice Scarf over Choice Specs will give the team more speed control, and allow it to check :dragapult:Dragapult, and Scarf :dracovish:Dracovish / :dracozolt:Dracozolt. Ultimately, Choice Specs were not giving Hydreigon such a huge amount of power that Choice Scarf will seem underwhelming. The main thing it looses out on is being able to beat :toxapex:Toxapex, but this is not really an issue for your team at all. Hydreigon will also still beat pokemon that may try to switch in on it such as :corviknight:Corviknight, as Fire Blast does too much for it to switch in on or even try to roost off.
:choice band:/:life orb:Choice Band / Life Orb
->252 Atk Life Orb Hustle Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 395-465 (100.2 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO
->252 Atk Life Orb Hustle Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 422-499 (107.1 - 126.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
->252 Atk Choice Band Hustle Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 456-537 (115.7 - 136.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
->252 Atk Choice Band Hustle Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 489-576 (124.1 - 146.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

:choice scarf:Choice Scarf
252 Atk Hustle Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 325-384 (82.4 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Hustle Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 304-358 (77.1 - 90.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 153-180 (50.3 - 59.2%)
252 SpA Hydreigon Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 186-220 (47.2 - 55.8%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Hydreigon Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 180 SpD Corviknight: 220-260 (55 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

:choice specs:Choice Specs
252 SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 228-268 (75 - 88.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 276-326 (70 - 82.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 180 SpD Corviknight: 328-388 (82 - 97%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

:clefable:Clefable: (EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD) -> (EVs: 252 HP / 164 SpA / 92SpD)
This EV-spread i've given you here lets Clefable to never be 2HKO'd by :choice specs:Spec:dragapult:Dragapult's Shadow Ball, as well as almost never being 2HKO'd by :choice scarf:Scarf:hydreigon:Hydreigon's Flash Cannon. This set also doesnt make Clefable underwhelming.
EVs: 252 HP / 164 SpA / 92SpD:
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 92 SpD Clefable: 160-190 (40.6 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Hydreigon Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 92 SpD Clefable: 170-200 (43.1 - 50.7%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO

:corviknight:Corviknight:
Defog -> Body Press
(EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def Impish nature ) -> (EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD Careful Nature)
Defog on Corviknight seems kind of wasted, as you already have :excadrill:Excadrill with Rapid Spin, which is a reliable hazzard remover. Hazzards is not a big threat to your team anyway, so Defog may very well work against us if the opponent has a :bisharp:Bisharp, which obviously carries Defiant. Therefore Body Press works better, as it will let you deal some damage to :ferrothorn:Ferrothorn, as well as preventing Bisharp from setting up on you, and forcing you to either take a lot of damage or have to sacrifice a pokemon.
The EV-spread and nature i've given it let's Corvi take 2 Flamethrowers from max Sp.Attack from :togekiss:Togekiss, even after rocks, allowing it to pivot safely out.
->252 SpA Togekiss Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 180+ SpD Corviknight: 158-188 (39.5 - 47%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

:excadrill:Excadrill: :leftovers: -> :chople berry:
Chople berry makes Excadrill take half of the damage dealt by a super-effective Fighting-type attack. This allows Excadrill to live a Mach Punch from Guts :conkeldurr:Conkeldurr, making it easier for it to sweep late-game without having to worry about getting revenge-killed. A +2 Earthquake will kill Conkeldurr with just a bit of prior damage.
:chople berry:
252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chople Berry Excadrill: 172-204 (47.6 - 56.5%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr: 351-414 (84.7 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after burn damage

The team i recommend:
:hydreigon::clefable::dracozolt::corviknight::excadrill::seismitoad:
Importable: https://pokepast.es/7d23f34e01bb20fc

I hope this rate helps you improve. I have tried my best not to alter the offensive pressure that your team put up against any opponent.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Have fun laddering! :)

I welcome anyone who wishes to participate in improving or disagreeing on this rate. As long as it is done in a constructive way with proper arguments that are relevant and does not contain any "personal attacks",in lack of better words, so we don't start arguing ;)
We are all here to help make as good of a rate as possible. :)

Last edited:
Good day aqualad33, apologies that it's taken so long for your team to receive a rate.

This is a very solid team, and after looking at it i can say that it doesn't struggle that much and is quite usable as it already is, i am however
going to share my opinions on threats and changes that could make it even better, imo. :)
I am going under the assumption that this is designed as a Bulky offense team, judging by you phrasing clefable and corviknight as switch-ins to certain pokemon. This is my personal favorite playstyle, because of it requiring offensive playing to succeed, but also having pivots and defensive backbones to deal with pokemon that are difficult for the offensive members of the team to deal with.

Your team;
:hydreigon::clefable::dracozolt::corviknight::excadrill::conkeldurr:
The team's offensive core is based on :choice specs:Specs :hydreigon:Hydreigon, :choice scarf:Scarf :dracozolt:Dracozolt, :life orb:LO :clefable:Clefable and Guts / :flame orb::conkeldurr:Conkeldurr. These pokemon make for a very strong offense core for the team, and they pair nicely. Hydreigon and Dracozolt break through most of the defensive pokemon you'll find in the tier. Examples include, but are not limited to; :corsola-galar:Corsola-Galar, :corviknight:Corviknight, :clefable:Clefable, :ferrothorn:Ferrothon and :seismitoad:Seismitoad. It also checks a variety of offensive threats such as Corviknight, :bisharp:Bisharp, :kommo-o:Kommo-o and :aegislash:Aegislash. To go with this, :excadrill:Excadrill carrying SD and Rapid Spin has good potential to sweep late-game, if you are able to weaken it's counters. Excadrill also checks pokemon such as :toxtricity:Toxatricity, which is otherwise threatening.
The team has a defensive-backbone in :corviknight:Corviknight, which provides the team with a slow U-turn and defog support. Though Defog may seem redundant when you have Rapid Spin on excadrill.

The team has a lot of offensive pressure, but also have good pivoting abilities with :corviknight:Corvi and :clefable:Clef.
For a team that relies a bit more on pivoting than just breaking through faster than the opponent does so to you, as Hyper Offense, i think the team would benefit from having a form of entry hazzards, namely Stealth Rock. The team mostly deals well with opposing defensive threats, but i see some potential problems. The team also has some issues with opposing offensive threats. I'll elaborate on these next.

In the next sections, i'll be poiting out some potential issues for the team;

Offensive threats to your team;
:dracozolt::dracovish::dragapult::togekiss::barraskewda:
You'll probably notice that all of these listed threats either naturally outspeed your team, has the option of running :choice scarf:Choice Scarf or abuses Swift Swim. The reason for this is that for Bulky Offense to be successfull, it needs to be able to deal with opposing threats that outspeed it or abuse priority, and threatens to break it down. Since your team does not have priority moves that check these pokemon or speed control to reliably check them, we could look at some counters / pivots for these to make it easier to play around these without having to rely on incredibly offensive plays. I'll explain some more why these are threats in this section, and get into possible fixes in a later section, so that we have good knowledge of what we need to do.

:dracozolt:Dracozolt and :dracovish:Dracovish. These two are quite similar, and are both big threats to the team. While these do not run :choice scarf:Scarf all of the time, even a :choice band: or any other set can be quite threatening to this team. This is because 3 of your pokemon are very slow, allowing these to come in often and click a move to get a KO or huge amounts of damage. The Scarf sets are troublesome because they are not check by :hydreigon:Hydreigon or your own :dracovish:Dracovish (because Dracovish would simply speed-tie).

:dragapult:Dragapult is a pokemon with naturally incredible speed. Even :dracozolt:Dracozolt with :choice scarf:Scarf does not outspeed this pokemon. The most common set for Dragapult is with :choice specs:Spec, which has a decent chance to 2HKO :clefable:Clefable with Shadow Ball, and almost always OHKOs :corviknight:Corviknight with Fire Blast after Stealth Rock damage.

:togekiss:Togekiss. Whilst this pokemon does not run :choice scarf:Scarf too often, atleast i don't see that set very often myself, it does have the possibility of doing so, which outspeeds :dracozolt:Dracozolt and threatens the likely OHKO with Dazzling Gleam. Togekiss' also runs Substitute sets, which forces you to loose something to deal with this set if it is running Dazzling Gleam. It is also generally threatening due to it's Air Slash flinching. The only real switchin for this is on your team is :clefable:Clefable and it relies on not getting flinched more than 2 times in a row.

:barraskewda:Barraskewda. This threat speaks for itself. This is a strong rain abuser that get acces to strong moves such as Close Combat, Psychic Fangs, Crunch and Liquidation. It often runs :choice band:Choice Band and is found on rain teams, allowing it to outspeed in rain and kill many of your pokemon with rain-boost Liquidation or Close Combat.

Defensive threats to your team;
:clefable::sylveon:
Thanks to the good offensive core on this team, there are not many defensive threats to this team.

:clefable:Clefable and :sylveon:Sylveon are both bulky fairies that annoy this team. The reason for this is that :hydreigon:Hydreigon cannot OHKO either, even with no Special Defence investment, and in return they threaten to OHKO it with stab Fairy-type moves. This is obviously bad for your team. Both Clefable and Sylveon also carry Fire-type moves commonly now, threatening pokemon that will be able to switch in, such as :excadrill:Excadrill and :corviknight:Corviknight. This means they can't repeatedly switch in.

There are a few threats that should be taken care of so that this team can function as best as possible.
Here are my thoughts;

Big changes:
Swapping :conkeldurr:Conkeldurr -> :seismitoad:Seismitoad
Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic

The reasons for this swap are quite simple;
1) Seismitoad provides Stealth Rocks for your team. Something that is very usefull for bulky offense teams. It punishes pokemon that need to pivot around against your breaker, :hydreigon: and :dracozolt:. It also helps you deal with :togekiss:Togekiss better and discourage it from comming in, unless it is running :heavy-duty boots:Heavy-duty boots.
2) Seismitoad is one of the most reliable counters / pivots to offensive threats such as :dracozolt:Dracozolt, :dracovish:Dracovish and :barraskewda:Barraskewda. I name these because as you'll remember, these are threats your team in particular. It also helps against :cinderace:Cinderace, which is a dangerous pokemon to play against when you are running a team with a lot of slow members, such as this one. It was not named however since your team already features enough counterplay, by checking it and being able to pivot with Dracozolt.

Why did i replace :conkeldurr:Conkeldurr with this? The reason for this was that your team didnt gain much extra by having Conkeldurr fill the last slot on the team. You already have pokemon that threaten and check the same pokemon that Conkeldurr was.
To name a few; :hydreigon:Hydreigon checks :bisharp:Bisharp, :ferrothorn:Ferrothorn, :crawdaunt:Crawdaunt, :obstagoon:Obstagoon and Ghost-types.
:dracozolt:Dracozolt threatens all the Steel-types in the tier with the combination of Bolt Beak, Fire Fang and Earthquake.
:corviknight:Corviknight counters :excadrill:Excadrill, removing the need for Conkeldurr to check it with Mach Punch.

Smaller changes;
Minor set changes for; :hydreigon::dracozolt::clefable::excadrill::corviknight:
Item changes;
:hydreigon:Hydreigon: :choice specs: -> :choice scarf: and :dracozolt:Dracozolt :choice scarf: -> :choice band:/:life orb:
This is a change that i recommend to deal with the defensive threats to the team, :clefable:Clefable and :sylveon:Sylveon. Giving Dracozolt the Choice Band or Life orb will allow it to always OHKO both of these threats. This is something that the Choice Scarf did not allow it to do. Of course, not all Clefables run max defence in this meta, but they do exist.
Onto Hydreigon; giving it Choice Scarf over Choice Specs will give the team more speed control, and allow it to check :dragapult:Dragapult, and Scarf :dracovish:Dracovish / :dracozolt:Dracozolt. Ultimately, Choice Specs were not giving Hydreigon such a huge amount of power that Choice Scarf will seem underwhelming. The main thing it looses out on is being able to beat :toxapex:Toxapex, but this is not really an issue for your team at all. Hydreigon will also still beat pokemon that may try to switch in on it such as :corviknight:Corviknight, as Fire Blast does too much for it to switch in on or even try to roost off.
:choice band:/:life orb:Choice Band / Life Orb
->252 Atk Life Orb Hustle Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 395-465 (100.2 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO
->252 Atk Life Orb Hustle Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 422-499 (107.1 - 126.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
->252 Atk Choice Band Hustle Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 456-537 (115.7 - 136.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
->252 Atk Choice Band Hustle Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 489-576 (124.1 - 146.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Hustle Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 325-384 (82.4 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Hustle Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 304-358 (77.1 - 90.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 153-180 (50.3 - 59.2%)
252 SpA Hydreigon Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 186-220 (47.2 - 55.8%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Hydreigon Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 180 SpD Corviknight: 220-260 (55 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

:choice specs:Choice Specs
252 SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 228-268 (75 - 88.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 276-326 (70 - 82.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 180 SpD Corviknight: 328-388 (82 - 97%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

:clefable:Clefable: (EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD) -> (EVs: 252 HP / 164 SpA / 92SpD)
This EV-spread i've given you here lets Clefable to never be 2HKO'd by :choice specs:Spec:dragapult:Dragapult's Shadow Ball, as well as almost never being 2HKO'd by :choice scarf:Scarf:hydreigon:Hydreigon's Flash Cannon. This set also doesnt make Clefable underwhelming.
EVs: 252 HP / 164 SpA / 92SpD:
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 92 SpD Clefable: 160-190 (40.6 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Hydreigon Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 92 SpD Clefable: 170-200 (43.1 - 50.7%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO

:corviknight:Corviknight:
Defog -> Body Press
(EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def Impish nature ) -> (EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD Careful Nature)
Defog on Corviknight seems kind of wasted, as you already have :excadrill:Excadrill with Rapid Spin, which is a reliable hazzard remover. Hazzards is not a big threat to your team anyway, so Defog may very well work against us if the opponent has a :bisharp:Bisharp, which obviously carries Defiant. Therefore Body Press works better, as it will let you deal some damage to :ferrothorn:Ferrothorn, as well as preventing Bisharp from setting up on you, and forcing you to either take a lot of damage or have to sacrifice a pokemon.
The EV-spread and nature i've given it let's Corvi take 2 Flamethrowers from max Sp.Attack from :togekiss:Togekiss, even after rocks, allowing it to pivot safely out.
->252 SpA Togekiss Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 180+ SpD Corviknight: 158-188 (39.5 - 47%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

:excadrill:Excadrill: :leftovers: -> :chople berry:
Chople berry makes Excadrill take half of the damage dealt by a super-effective Fighting-type attack. This allows Excadrill to live a Mach Punch from Guts :conkeldurr:Conkeldurr, making it easier for it to sweep late-game without having to worry about getting revenge-killed. A +2 Earthquake will kill Conkeldurr with just a bit of prior damage.
:chople berry:
252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chople Berry Excadrill: 172-204 (47.6 - 56.5%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr: 351-414 (84.7 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after burn damage

The team i recommend:
:hydreigon::clefable::dracozolt::corviknight::excadrill::seismitoad:
Importable: https://pokepast.es/7d23f34e01bb20fc

I hope this rate helps you improve. I have tried my best not to alter the offensive pressure that your team put up against any opponent.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Have fun laddering! :)

I welcome anyone who wishes to participate in improving or disagreeing on this rate. As long as it is done in a constructive way with proper arguments that are relevant and does not contain any "personal attacks",in lack of better words, so we don't start arguing ;)
We are all here to help make as good of a rate as possible. :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to do such a thorough breakdown of the team. I really like all the suggestions mentioned. I'll have to try these tweaks out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)