Done Move G-Max forms out of the Ubers section in teambuilder

I feel that newer players will be confused as to why something like Pikachu-GMax would supposedly have the same amount of metagame relevance as Reshiram, because it and the rest of the GMax pokemon are listed with the regular Ubers.
Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 4.06.05 PM.png

Dynamax was banned in OU, so the only place the GMax forms could go is up to Ubers. But the problem is that it clutters the list with unviable pokemon so much, that the list has almost 3 times as many pokemon than what are considered to be Ubers (41 with GMax forms, 15 without).

I feel the best solution will be to create a separate list between Ubers and OU for the GMax Pokemon to fill.

So you want a new banlist tier for OU and make Ubers the banlist of a banlist. And then when SS AG comes it will be the banlist of a banlist of a banlist. Seems to me that could also get confusing.

OUBL, Uber, and SS AG (if it comes) would together serve as tier own non-usage based tiering system for Pokemon deemed too good for OU. Why do we need a non-usage based tiering system atop of the usage based tiering system? I though that tiers were meant to be usage based with a banlist atop every usage based tier. AG kind of wrecked this by being a banlist of a banlist but if both your suggested OUBL (or however you want to call it) and SS AG come to PS the we'll essentially have a seperate tiering system of 3 tiers that are all not based on usage atop the normal usage based tiering system. That raises the question, why should stronger Pokemon (OUBL and above) be tiered completely according to community votes or council judgement but weaker Pokemon (OU and below) be tiered according to usage with the occasional ban from a usage based tier? We have a community votes or council judgement based tier list of 3 tiers atop the usage based tiers?

OK this is assuming SS AG comes but even if it does not, why have a banlist of a banlist? why have a seperate non-usage based tiering system consisting of 2 tiers atop the normal usage based tiering system?

Personally I think that Ubers should be the highest usage based tier and OUBL should be the banlist for OU and AG should be the banlist for Ubers.

I would say that this is easily solved by just having a separate section for gigantamax pokemon. Just have a section like “G-Max” with all the forms. You don’t need something like OUBL. These Pokémon weren’t banned- the mechanics were. In my eyes that’s not the same.

These Pokémon weren’t banned- the mechanics were. In my eyes that’s not the same.
You could just as well say that all G-Max Pokemon are banned individually since that would have exactly the same result. When a group of Pokemon only exists with a certain mechanic and that mechanic only exists with that group of Pokemon it really makes no difference whether you ban each Pokemon or the mechanic. The result in both cases is exactly the same.

I would say that this is easily solved by just having a separate section for gigantamax pokemon. Just have a section like “G-Max” with all the forms. You don’t need something like OUBL.
I agree that this makes more sense than adding a tier between OU and Ubers. Basically it means that OU will have 2 banlists because one banlist is being used as if it's a tier and so has to be kept "clean".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)