Smogon Premier League XI - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberOdin✝

¨ I will persist ¨ ❤
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
It was a pleasure to have played this fabulous tournament, I had a lot of fun and I could go a little beyond my limits, it is possible that it will be considered for the next SPL since I lasted about 2 or 3 years wanting to play it but without having the confidence of the leaders to sign me up, thank you very much to FlamingVictini give me the opportunity to do it again and put the necessary trust in me, I hope to be in a team with you again, you were excellent as a leader as well as TPP .

Shoutouts

FlamingVictini : Friend, I almost never had interaction with you until this SPL, you are a great person and very motivating, I promised to give you mp do my best in this spl and I did my best until the end, it was a pleasure to have been in your team friend , I hope we will be together again in a team, thank you very much for everything and no matter what others say, you were a great leader and gave your best to captain.

TPP : You were at each stage of the tournament, helping each of the members when looking for information from the rival, so that we would do our best in battle, always motivating and encouraging us to be able to move forward even when things went from bad to worse, You were a very good co-leader, along with FV, I hope to be with you in a team, courage and success friend.

Fear : Friend, what not to say about you more than fantastic things, you are an excellent player no matter what others think on the contrary, despite your busy life you could commit to the team and gave your best in each fight, giving good scenarios and demonstrating your level, it was a pleasure to be with you in this fabulous team and I hope again to have you as a partner, for something they tell you the FOAT.

zf : Bro, I know you didn't have a good SPL, but I recognize you as a good player, I met you at the beginning as a powerful player in ADV but in the end you have a lot of potential in other gens, I couldn't share with you beyond talking about adv teams and such but you are a great person, the next spl will be phenomenal and to give you with courage that a bad streak means nothing as long as there is perseverance in excelling in what you like, thanks for helping me in training, successes friend.

tazz : I could not know you well but you did the best you could, you did not have to say a great SPL as you might have expected but encouragement, to continue improving and successes, never give up and good luck in the next spl bro.

Kevin Garrett : You know, I have to confess that I always wanted to meet you, when I started in this forum you started to be one of my favorite players and I saved you a kind of respect, in the end I got a good impression of you, you are a great person and I really liked it being in this team with you, you always showed yourself open to help in everything you could in a selfless way and giving proposals of very interesting strategies, friend thanks for helping me in the training and to improve a lot, successes and good luck in the next spl, I hope we can Be back in a team, GOAT.

Quaze : Friend, maybe you did not have a great SPl but I am sure that just like each member you liked this fabulous team, you were present from the beginning and you are a great person, you are very good at ORAS, just maybe it was not your moment, the same continues Go ahead and do not give up for not seeing the results you want, encouragement and success in the next SPl, I hope we can be in a team again.

ZoroDark : I could not share much with you in terms of dialogue but I know that you were always active in the group chat, maybe you did not have a great spl but you gave the best of you and friend spirit, that you can become one of the best, just do not give up keep improving, it just wasn't your moment but it will come, I hope to be on another team with you again.

Jayde : Bro, I could not interact much with you, but I know you did your best, do not give up and keep improving, and at your time it will come and you will leave many with an open mouth, encouragement and success in the next SPl, I hope we can be in a team again.

Bedschibaer : Bro, you were one of the pillars of the team, you are a great person, you almost never talked but when you did it it was to give us courage and at the same time make us laugh, you are a great player in your tier gen, keep it up and I hope we can be in a team again.

Honor : Friend, you are a good player in DPP, maybe it was not your moment but that does not discourage you, we all have ups and downs, I really liked helping you and I could see the great potential you have, to continue improving because you are a powerful player, encouragement and successes in the next SPL, I hope we can be in a team again.

Memoric : I know that you did not do very well in this SPL and many times you wanted to lower your guard but that nothing and nobody discouraged you, you did the best you could bro, next time you will do better and you will finish super well, do not give up and continue training , I hope we can be together in a team, courage and success in the next SPL.

Adri : bro, you were very helpful in ORAS, you are a good player although you are very reserved, but that does not mean that you are a great person, it was nice to meet you and be able to be in a team with you, I really liked your style of play in ORAS, courage and success in the next SPL, I hope we can be in a team again.

talah : Friend, you did the best you could, aware that maybe you expected to shine more in this SPl, but that does not take away your sleep, you are good and you have a lot of ambition, it just wasn't your moment anymore that does not mean you can not do better on next year, encouragement and keep improving, you can!

Leo : Ese Leo, amigo, siempre es un gusto estar contigo en los equipos, fue genial el ver que FV te fichara, quizá esperabas algo mejor al igual que muchos, pero sabes, lo hiciste bien, siempre te he dicho que eres muy buen jugador, espero podamos seguir en muchos equipos más y ánimo, puedes ser uno de los mejores bro, ánimo y éxitos en la próxima spl.

talkingtree : You were very helpful in Doubles, you could not show off much but I know that you are very good, I wanted to see you play and that many saw your potential, but the next spl can be your golden door, encouragement and successes the next spl friend.

starry blanket : You are a person with a lot of motivation, do not be discouraged friend, maybe you expected something better in your fighting and it was not so, but do not be discouraged by it, you played the best you could and I am sure you will continue to improve to become one of the best, encouragement and successes in the next spl, I hope we can be in a team.

Sadlysius : Ese Sad, mi compañero favorito, amigo, siempre lo diré eres mi media naranja en el adv, eres muy buen jugador, espero puedas la próxima SPL lucirte más y así demostrar el potencial que tienes, quizá cuando tuviste el momento de hacerlo algo lo impidió pero que ello no te quite el deseo de darte a conocer y demostrar que eres un adv latino potente, gracias por la ayuda que me brindaste en momentos de decisión y los entrenamientos, éxito a tu equipo y que puedas lucirte la próxima SPl.

ABR : Bro, thanks for the help you gave me in the last hours, you are a very good adv player and I hope one day we can be in the same team, good luck to your team.

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
Hey pasy_g I regret making that post yesterday, I got too upset and caught up in the heat of the moment and most of the raiders were actually completely fine and respectful during the series and they really didn't deserve me adding salt to the wounds like that - I apologize to them.

However, I don't apologize to you, because (a) you're actually a nazi and (b) you spent the whole week taunting us with a few of your dumbass friends. If you don't play nice all week you can't really expect everyone to play nice after the week. It was still a mistake and a clown move by me, I should have been the bigger man, but spending so much effort into trying to make me upset is amounts of clownery so large it puts my posts to shame. Also lol the attacks on my playing skill from someone who doesn't understand the tier I play, you could've pulled infinitely worse things from my repertoire over the last three years but the fact that you picked those says enough really. How's staying in on Moltres with Celebi for a clown play btw?

Very sorry to the majority of the Raiders that was actually respectful, Lily especially was very gracious in the public handling of things iirc. I should have expressed my frustration with the handful of dickheads in your team in a much less public manner and I 100% deserve being called a clown for it. I'm very disappointed in myself for slipping up and getting angry again after being so much better with my temper and behavior issues this year than I have been in the past two. It is quite funny that the people calling me a clown are running the entire circus though.

---

Semifinals time, let's fucking do it lads. I hope to give a good show and I hope to see many others in the two series. GLHF to all

pasy_g

Banned deucer.
Hey pasy_g I regret making that post yesterday, I got too upset and caught up in the heat of the moment and most of the raiders were actually completely fine and respectful during the series and they really didn't deserve me adding salt to the wounds like that - I apologize to them.

However, I don't apologize to you, because (a) you're actually a nazi and (b) you spent the whole week taunting us with a few of your dumbass friends. If you don't play nice all week you can't really expect everyone to play nice after the week. It was still a mistake and a clown move by me, I should have been the bigger man, but spending so much effort into trying to make me upset is amounts of clownery so large it puts my posts to shame. Also lol the attacks on my playing skill from someone who doesn't understand the tier I play, you could've pulled infinitely worse things from my repertoire over the last three years but the fact that you picked those says enough really. How's staying in on Moltres with Celebi for a clown play btw?

Very sorry to the majority of the Raiders that was actually respectful, Lily especially was very gracious in the public handling of things iirc. I should have expressed my frustration with the handful of dickheads in your team in a much less public manner and I 100% deserve being called a clown for it. I'm very disappointed in myself for slipping up and getting angry again after being so much better with my temper and behavior issues this year than I have been in the past two. It is quite funny that the people calling me a clown are running the entire circus though.

---

Semifinals time, let's fucking do it lads. I hope to give a good show and I hope to see many others in the two series. GLHF to all
you should moreso regret making this post instead of the last one

pasy isn't actually a nazi any more than your average n-word spamming smogtours goer is black

ORAS OU: CrashinBoomBang vs xImRaptor
great game. raptor's been excellent but cbb's really found himself and I think he will bring something unexpected and strong (a la pinsir) that gives him a slight yet immensely helpful leg up in a battle that promises high-octane play like little else. I look forward to seeing how both players leverage their crucial pieces and how they handle each and every turn in a trade-filled offense slugfest (think pick to medicham type stuff).

DPP OU: Heist vs Emeral
emeral is quite a good player and could be scary in this matchup with infernape type stuff - his sd gliscor was pretty awesome too - but it's tough to see anyone knocking heist down at this stage. he's using his trademark styles to great effect, effortlessly matching up well against the meta, and has been really locked in play-wise. now's the time where he's likeliest to bust out his surprises, which makes him even more dangerous. excited to see how emeral tackles this and the ensuing clash.

ADV OU: Gilbert arenas vs Alexander.
incredible match between two ridiculously skilled players who are all over the metagame. I think the theme of this tightly-contested back-and-forth will be offense, making for a game with dynamics similar to the oras battle. I give marcop the edge because of his penchant for innovation that tends to deliver critical blows, which will be especially key in such a tight game. however, with sadly and altina in his corner, alex could very well do the same, except it'd be a lot less expected from him (as opposed to marcop, who's known for it to the point where it's surprising when he brings a (more) regular team), as he usually brings standards. not that there's anything at all wrong with this - he chooses good teams (so he's never out of it on matchup) and plays really well with them. regardless of the specifics, I am thoroughly anticipating this one.

SS OU: obii vs. blarghlfarghl
obi eats thunder and craps lightning!

ADV OU: z0mOG vs Tamahome
tough call, but zom's teams have felt stronger and more inspired, while his play has been more aggressive, so I could see him overwhelming the defensive cores tama likes to use. this isn't to discount the immense threat tama poses at all - it's just more of a hot hand feeling. if tama (snaga?) switches it up and comes in with a more aggressive approach, the surprise factor could go a particularly long way. looking forward to seeing what offbeat poke zom pulls out this week.

GSC OU: Mr.E vs KratosMana
anti's been on fire and deserves many, many props for transitioning into one of the best gscers around. he's almost always out in front, whereas mre's constantly on the back foot. if mre turns on the aggression, this game gets a lot closer, but if he sticks to the guns he's used thus far, I don't think anyone could reasonably expect a different result

pack: thanks to tony and adam for having faith in me. you guys are terrific leaders and I was glad to be on your team. everyone I raged at, I'm sincerely sorry, I really shouldn't have done that. it was fun hanging out with you guys, I wish some would've talked more but that's not how everyone is. I specifically want to mention bihi, who was a tremendous teammate in every aspect. also star and lycan officially had breakout tours, and neider proved he's the real deal (yuh)

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Dragonspiral Tyrants (6) vs (6) Alpha Ruiners

SS OU: TDK vs FLCL
SS OU: CTC vs mncmt
SS OU: Christo vs Empo
SS DOU: marilli vs qsns
SS LC: Luthier vs jake - snake finals rebound
SM OU: blunder vs Gondra
ORAS OU: CrashinBoomBang vs xImRaptor
BW OU: John W vs Caetano93
DPP OU: The Grand Babido vs Emeral
ADV OU: Gilbert arenas vs Alexander.
GSC OU: gorgie vs FriendOfMrGolem120
RBY OU: Heroic Troller vs Hyogafodex

I think im probably being generous to ruiners with some of these but i see the tyrants taking this one.

Cryonicles (5) vs (7) Congregation of the Classiest

SS OU: Sacri' vs suapah
SS OU: obii vs blarghlfarghl
SS OU: Updated Kanto vs Insult
SS DOU: Tman vs stax
SS LC: ggggd vs Serene Grace
SM OU: Eo Ut Mortus vs Relous
ORAS OU: Garay oak vs Persephone
BW OU: Finchinator vs Raiza
DPP OU: soulgazer vs Excal
ADV OU: z0mOG vs Tamahome
GSC OU: Mr.E vs KratosMana
RBY OU: HML am vs Amaranth

I have a feeling this series will be decided by oras dpp and rby. Having a hard time predicting those and i those are the most wildcard tiers.

Edit: To my team I apologize for being the main reason this season got fucked up hope the rest of you do great in you future pokemon endeavors.

Last edited:
My boys we talked quite a lot already but just to finish all things: our results were atrocious, at times some of the unexperienced prospects of our squad inted into the big stage pressure but, even if we cant entirely blame bad results based in game shit, we got fucking unlucky in general and if at least half more things worked in our side, wed be a lot more motivated till the end. I liked our chat, loved the team we finished with since the start and i dont regret taking none of you, and i actually hope we can work together again in a less boring atmosphere. Good luck in your nerd shit for the next months babies, hit me up for anything as i said already.

Also talking of tigers in general, dude i dont imagine me joining or playing for another team anymore LOL. Its been a blast spending my time in spl with tennisace and the goons all these years and i hope it doesnt change anytime soon. Ty tennisace for caring so much, for always helping whenever you can (even if thats kinda only in the dark and obscure dou cave along Jake LOLOLOL) and trying to keep me motivated and trusting me even after the time i got away of mons. I hope you dont quit before next spl, ill make sure we get this red again for you next season before you do so, you def deserve it after all these years.

Dragonspiral Tyrants (6) vs (6) Alpha Ruiners

SS OU: TDK vs FLCL - Always been a FLCL fan personally, hes never been done particularly well in team tours but his ceiling is one of the highest in the current SS OU field. He also has the recent results backing his ass up and his style fits well this matchup too i feel.

SS OU: CTC vs mncmt - The Based Lord has finally came back and to be honest, hes been doing pretty decent and even beat my ass with a timely aggressive playing, alongside a fine and effective odds managerial (Aka robbed my shit RIP). I like that, but i trust the fake jamvad a bit more for teaming up with him for some years now, specially considering that its usually bc of my influence. Hes pretty good when manages his nerves well enough, and is surely more involved with SS OU in general as well.

SS OU: Christo vs Empo - Both are players i like and respect. I feel Christo is a bit more SOLID in general, but Empo has the mainer factor under his belt here and has done pretty well when not facing the Baron. Close one.

SS DOU: marilli vs qsns - Always seen marilli as a top dou player based on his general gameplay and effective teams, id say he has more chances here.

SS LC: Luthier vs jake - Luthier seems to be quite hyped, but i personally value more the general experience in any lower tier and jake has been fucking hot after his hiatus.

SM OU: blunder vs Gondra - Jesus, Gondra has fucking acended LMAO. One of the few players Ive followed this spl and he has shown his snake performance was just a pointly flaw. Blunder is a bit quieter this time around, ran away of me when we faced tyrants and has the same amount of wins as me, easy pick.

ORAS OU: CrashinBoomBang vs xImRaptor - Great oras players for sure, Raptor became spl material fucking fast and is taking some cool games since wcop, but man im a cbminion already, cant go against my bro and hes been FUCKING HOT the past few weeks too. CBB is that kind of player that needs a streak to succeed, and hes surely under one rn.

BW OU: John W vs Caetano93 - Better player and surely way more diverse as well LMAO. This dude is crazy, insane and earned my respect after our wcop.

DPP OU: The Grand Babido vs Emeral - Heist is good and lucky. I dont remember of Emeral at all and even if ive read good things of him, picking bab seems a must rn.

ADV OU: Gilbert arenas vs Alexander. - I like both players, Alex is a bit more of a chess player every time i watch his games and hes always going to be solid at any game or gen he touches (SS OU seems to fit him p well btw). However, marcops style is a bit cooler in my eyes, seems to have a higher ceiling when it comes to adv mid/late games and could overwhelm Alex if things work his way i feel. Def a great one to watch.

GSC OU: gorgie vs FriendOfMrGolem120 - LOL Ive always fucking been a fan of gorgie, and he knows it. Its cool seeing him doing so well now.

RBY OU: Heroic Troller vs Hyogafodex - Hello LOLOLOLOL whys this clown in rby? Jesus i love brazilian juggling. To be honest i could see an upset here since hyoga is very solid at basically any old gen, but troller is like the best so itd be for sure a surprise. Rooting for you my boy, though.

Wont bet in a possible tie break, but itd be exciting for sure. The TDK/blunder/CBB core covers anything pretty much, while FLCL/Gondra/Alex/Empo are powerful atm. Rooting for Ruiners tho.

Cryonicles (5) vs (7) Congregation of the Classiest

SS OU: Sacri' vs suapah - If it was before the tour started, Sacri would be a must. Solid player that usually brings solid teams and knows how to go for wins when hes behind. But, all things considered, i do like to value general results more, and dude suapah has fucking earned the public respect. The dude has a 7-2 record against a really strong group of players and been shining like a star player to me. Cool matchup anyway.

SS OU: obii vs blarghlfarghl - Bad general track Record vs someone that doesnt know what type chart is. Considering results, i go with blargh.

SS OU: Updated Kanto vs Insult - Always liked both equally, and even if i feel that UK has finally shown his oras spl wasnt exactly a fluke, Insult has been quite impressive recently in both individuals and team tours games because of his general solid gameplay. Betting on him atm.

SS DOU: Tman vs stax - Stax used to be the kind of player that has all what it takes to do great, except for confidence. Now, it seems like hes finally finding his way to the top, and im pretty happy for him. Tman is no free win by any way tho, i really like him as well and could see an upset, specially considering his general teambuilding high level.

SS LC: ggggd vs Serene Grace - Pablo is simply the best LC player in every way, idt its needed to say more LOL.

SM OU: Eo Ut Mortus vs Relous - Im an eo fan since when i started playing, i have a lot of respect for him and he seems to be at his playground when it comes to sm ou.

ORAS OU: Garay oak vs Persephone - Garay is a dangerous player, in many ways. Hes not particularly spectacular, but hes solid and the timely aggression he shows randomly is something i like a lot.

BW OU: Finchinator vs Raiza - Great players, Raiza has been solid for what i watched, his record doesnt speak for his ability by any way. That being said, Finch is also pretty good at BW and in the other hand, has the results. An upset is perfectly possible.

DPP OU: soulgazer vs Excal - Hm hard one to predict. Excal showed up big and nobody really expected that, someone like Tama supporting him seemed to fit perfectly and surely helped classiest a lot since Tama can make up for other holes now. Soulgazer hasnt done too much lately but im pretty high on him, and in a playoffs atmosphere i see a player like him having more chances than a newcomer.

ADV OU: z0mOG vs Tamahome - I didnt follow adv at all but i know zom is pretty lucky, and he seems to get reached a next level at this kind of skill LMAO. I like his boastful behavior a lot as well. For Tama, i have nothing but love and respect, one of the best players in my eyes, so id usually see him winning here. We cant really tell though. Good luck my friend, you will literally need it.

GSC OU: Mr.E vs KratosMana - I like Mr.E, hes not particularly too good but hes never the kind of player to be taken off easily, he def has what it takes. Anti is def great tho, i knew since the start he had the talent to be a threat and now he has not only a great record, but did as well clutch the playoffs spot for the team. Cool seeing you having the star power your team needs man.

RBY OU: HML am vs Amaranth - tossup its rby, going with the player i know more.

Last edited:
To the raiders, thanks for drafting me. Enjoyed chatting with all of you and thanks for taking me as close to the playoffs as I’ve ever been in however-many-years I’ve been doing this. I should have delivered last week but now I got a full year to reflect on it and the season. Everyone played great and given where people thought we should be ranked certainly outperformed all Pokémon master predictors. Back to retirement, see you all next year. Good luck Tama and bab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)