OMPL VIII - Commencement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
YAHALLO!!! For those who may not know me, my name is -Tsunami-. My role in this community is to provide enlightenment in an entertaining manner to the masses, while simultaneously exposing the unviability of some users. My presence was requested in this thread, and I feel as though a grave injustice has been carried out. I personally have no eggs in either basket; I have absolutely no idea who any of these people are, nor do I really care. That being said, based on the facts laid before me by the swaths of memers in this thread, I think I can cast an unbiased judgment on the situation.

First, let's start off by examining the managers chosen for this tournament:

I have absolutely no idea who any of these people are, besides Catalystic, who is a friend, and Jrdn, who is ON THE SHEET!!

That alone probably makes him the most viable of these users, but I digress. Now, let's examine the party in question: Chloe. I have absolutely no idea who this individual is, but that is irrelevant.

What I do know, is that the person who is seemingly co-hosting? the tour, or at the very least, posted the chosen managers AND is an OM leader himself, asked her to manage. This is based on the following evidence:
[23:20:39] Ransei: do you plan to manage with the same team as last year/have the same co-manager or have you came up with different plans
[23:20:53] Chloe: i plan to manage the klinks again
[23:20:58] Chloe: pigeons doesnt wanna manage afaik
[23:21:05] Chloe: so i might find a new co
[23:21:12] Ransei: ah
Now, I don't know how exactly these niche tours decide on their managers, but I do know that, at least in official tournaments, managers are generally allowed to keep their team if they so choose to the following year, barring some massive scandal occurring that tarnishes their reputation. SPL has perhaps taken this a bit too far, with tennisace being allowed to manage every season of SPL despite barely accruing any notable results, but that's beside the point. Now, was there a massive scandal involving Chloe? Not that I know of. So, did this individual's teams just perform so incredibly poorly that they warranted removal for a more fitting candidate? Well, according to the facts laid out by Chloe herself...

What disheartens me even more is that less than a week later, I find out, after previously being asked out of nowhere if I'd be managing, that I am no longer a choice for manager. Now I'd truly understand this if I'd previously had terrible runs in OMPL, but I've managed three times and achieved 1st/6 in 2016, 3rd/8 in 2018 and 2nd/8 in 2019 respectively. I'm passionate about managing for a section's premier league, whose leadership clearly doesn't want me here.
...We find out that this could not be farther from the truth. Her teams have consistently been among the best the tournament has to offer. Add in the fact that she was clearly a pretty influential figure in this community at one point, and clearly has the dedication and passion to run a tight ship once again, and it seems absolutely sacrilegious to not give her a position as manager. As one of the only unbiased sources of knowledge in this entire community, I am DECLARING THIS DECISION UNVIABLE

In fact, if this was an official tournament, this decision seems so ludicrous that it could probably crack a spot in my latest top 10 list:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-top-10-worst-host-td-decisions-of-all-time.3661723/

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
YAHALLO!!! For those who may not know me, my name is -Tsunami-. My role in this community is to provide enlightenment in an entertaining manner to the masses, while simultaneously exposing the unviability of some users. My presence was requested in this thread, and I feel as though a grave injustice has been carried out. I personally have no eggs in either basket; I have absolutely no idea who any of these people are, nor do I really care. That being said, based on the facts laid before me by the swaths of memers in this thread, I think I can cast an unbiased judgment on the situation.

First, let's start off by examining the managers chosen for this tournament:

I have absolutely no idea who any of these people are, besides Catalystic, who is a friend, and Jrdn, who is ON THE SHEET!!

That alone probably makes him the most viable of these users, but I digress. Now, let's examine the party in question: Chloe. I have absolutely no idea who this individual is, but that is irrelevant here.

What I do know, is that the person who is seemingly co-hosting? the tour, or at the very least, posted the chosen managers AND is an OM leader himself, asked her to manage. This is based on the following logs:

Now, I don't know how exactly these niche tours decide on their managers, but I do know that, at least in official tournaments, managers are generally allowed to keep their team if they so choose to the following year, barring some massive scandal occurring that tarnishes their reputation. SPL has perhaps taken this a bit too far, with tennisace being allowed to manage every season of SPL despite barely accruing any notable results, but that's beside the point. Now, was there a massive scandal involving Chloe? Not that I know of. So, did this individual's teams just perform so incredibly poorly that they warranted removal for a more fitting candidate? Well, according to the facts laid out by Chloe...

...We find out that this could not be farther from the truth. Her teams have consistently been among the best the tournament has to offer. Add in the fact that she was clearly a pretty influential figure in this community at one point, and clearly has the dedication and passion to run a tight ship once again, and it seems absolutely sacrilegious to not give her a position as manager. As one of the only unbiased sources of knowledge in this entire community, I am DECLARING THIS DECISION UNVIABLE

In fact, if this was an official tournament, this decision seems so ludicrous that it could probably crack a spot in my latest top 10 list:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-top-10-worst-host-td-decisions-of-all-time.3661723/

Thank you for ur time.
shut the fuck up

Lana

formerly pichus
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
OMPL Champion
hey guys I got it
TI might be the PS version of thanos

- reality can be whatever he wants
- his reality is disappointing
- is a super powerful villian
- wiped out 50% percent of the managers
- he tells you to choose your words wisely (or he'll perma mute you from OM discord)

If Thanos Actually Wiped Out Half of All Life, How Would Earth ...

Kate

Metamodernity
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
RBTT Champion
Hello, Smogoner! You have just stumbled upon a shitstorm! As a non-OM player, reading the context behind this situation is completely irrelevant. You are here for only two purposes, and two purposes only:
  1. Clown the person who everyone else is
  2. Obtain your free likes
All other purposes are for fucking losers.

Now, you may be wondering, "how can I obtain these likes, and how do I know who to clown being as lazy as fucking possible?" Well my friend, the easiest way to do this is take about three minutes to search up a popular internet meme. Then, by scrolling up around five posts, simply copy/paste what the most popular of them say. Here is an example:
3uvoh8.jpg

I hope this post helps you cash in on your Pokemon clout search!

Last edited:

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Hello, Smogoner! You have just stumbled upon a shitstorm! As a non-OM player, reading the context behind this situation is completely irrelevant. You are here for only two purposes, and two purposes only:
  1. Clown the person who everyone else is
  2. Obtain your free likes
All other purposes are for fucking losers.

Now, you may be wondering, "how can I obtain these likes, and how do I who to clown being as lazy as fucking possible?" Well my friend, the easiest way to do this is take about three minutes to search up a popular internet meme. Then, by scrolling up around five posts, simply copy/paste what the most popular of them say. Here is an example:
View attachment 232809

I hope this post helps you cash in on your Pokemon clout search!
Or you just have ass in your post keke

and i oop-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)