Tournament UUPL VIII - Week 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Tournament Rules and General Guidelines
- Best of 3 tiers include SS UU, SM UU and ORAS UU. Both players can decide what tier to play first, and if they can't agree, then the first tier will default to SS UU. Loser picks the tier after that.
- Liepard and Riolu are banned from BW UU
- Baton Pass is banned from BW UU, DPP UU, and ADV UU
- All standard tournament rules apply
- Good luck and have fun!

Week 7:

Camphrier Town Ladies (5) vs. (0) Ruin Valley Rangers

SS UU: Saria vs. ZoroDark
SS UU: 100%GXE vs. Sabella
SS UU: col49 vs. MetaRiolu7
SM UU: Christo vs. Eternally
ORAS UU: Manipulative vs. Wanka
BW UU: r0ady vs. BKC
DPP UU: H.M.N.I.P vs. brewfasa
ADV UU: Heysup vs. Ark
GSC UU: Zokuru vs. alive
Bo3: Adaam vs. HT

Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers (5) vs. (5) Eterna Forest Veterans

SS UU: Twilight vs. basaninho
SS UU: TSR vs. Stone_Cold
SS UU: Odd Della Robbia vs. Jacobikko
SM UU: Alkione vs. Flawless Nazgul
ORAS UU: Bebo vs. Amukamara
BW UU: SOMALIA vs. Accelgor
DPP UU: amber lamps vs. esche
ADV UU: Noitu vs. Raichy
GSC UU: rozes vs. Mr.378
Bo3: Sacri' vs. CBU

Iki Town Idols (4) vs. (6) Blackthorn City Battle Girls

SS UU: Hogg vs. Star
SS UU: Freeroamer vs. teal6
SS UU: Lilburr vs. Feliburn
SM UU: Sage vs. Jaajgko
ORAS UU: GunGunJ vs. Killintime
BW UU: SPACE FORCE meeps vs. MrAldo
DPP UU: Chill Shadow vs. atomicllamas
ADV UU: Shiba vs. gorgie
GSC UU: Cynara vs. The Kyle
Bo3: bugzinator vs. robjr

Mikan Island Monsters (5) vs. (5) Canalave City Clowns

SS UU: TonyFlygon vs. ggggd
SS UU: Kushalos vs. solonor24
SS UU: Ajna vs. martha
SM UU: Sjneider vs. Empo
ORAS UU: Garay oak vs. Eternal Spirit
BW UU: FLCL vs. Lopunny Kicks
DPP UU: jacob vs. Thiago Nunes
ADV UU: ict vs. Bouff
GSC UU: Diophantine vs. HSA
Bo3: TDK vs. lax

Deadline will be Sunday, May 3rd at 11:59 PM GMT-4

Good luck to everyone! This will be the last week for some of you, so make sure to finish strong and have as much fun as you can :psyglad:

Last edited:
Hi everyone, this is a post with the playoffs scenarios. I love making posts like these and TPP suggested I did one for UUPL, so here it comes:
(Note 1: I can imagine these projections can put pressure on players, so I'll put them in hide tags in case they don't want to be seen...)
(Note 2: I did all of this by hand, so it'd be very courteous that if you spot any mistake you let me know. And please be understanding that I could have made a mistake somewhere!)

Camphrier Town Ladies
The Ladies are guaranteed playoffs.

Eterna Forest Veterans
The Veterans are guaranteed playoffs.

Mikan Island Monsters
The Monsters are guaranteed playoffs.

Canalave City Clowns
If the Clowns win against the Monsters:
The Clowns make playoffs.

If the Clowns tie against the Monsters:
The Clowns make playoffs, unless:
  • The Battle Girls vs. the Idols results in a win for the Battle Girls of 9-1 or better. If the Battle Girls win 8-2, the Clowns must win the tiebreaker against them to make it.
If the Clowns lose 4-6 against the Monsters:
The Clowns make, unless ONE of these happens:
  • The Veterans vs. the Pokémon Trainers results in a win for the Pokémon Trainers of 10-0. If the Pokémon Trainers win 9-1, the Clowns must win the tiebreaker against them to make it.
  • The Battle Girls vs. the Idols results in a win for the Battle Girls, or a win for the Idols of 8-2 or better. If the Idols win 7-3, the Clowns must win the tiebreaker against them to make it.
If the Clowns lose 3-7 against the Monsters:
The Clowns make playoffs, unless ONE of these happens:
  • The Veterans vs. the Pokémon Trainers results in a win for the Pokémon Trainers of 9-1 or better. If the Pokémon Trainers win 8-2, the Clowns must win the tiebreaker against them to make it.
  • The Battle Girls vs. the Idols results in a win for the Battle Girls, or a win for the Idols of 7-3 or better. If the Idols win 6-4, the Clowns must win the tiebreaker against them to make it.
If the Clowns lose 2-8 against the Monsters:
The Clowns make playoffs, if BOTH of these happen:
  • The Veterans vs. the Pokémon Trainers results in anything BUT win for the Pokémon Trainers of 8-2 or better. If the Pokémon Trainers win 7-3, the Clowns must win the tiebreaker against them to make it.
  • The Battle Girls vs. the Idols results in a tie. AND The Clowns win the tiebreaker against the Battle Girls.
If the Clowns lose 1-9 or worse against the Monsters:
They cannot make playoffs.

Blackthorn City Battle Girls
If the Battle Girls win 9-1 or better against the Idols:
They make playoffs, unless:
  • The Monsters vs. the Clowns results in a win for the Clowns.
If the Battle Girls win 8-2 against the Idols:
  • The Monsters vs. the Clowns results in a win for the Clowns. If the Clowns tie, the Battle Girls must win the tiebreaker against them to make it.
If the Battle Girls win 7-3 or 6-4 against the Idols:
They make playoffs, if:
  • The Monsters vs. the Clowns results in a win for the Monsters.
If the Battle Girls tie against the Idols:
They make playoffs, if BOTH of the following happen:
  • The Veterans vs. the Pokémon Trainers results in a win for the Veterans of 8-2 or better. If the Veterans win 7-3, the Battle Girls must win the tiebreaker against the Pokémon Trainers to make it.
  • The Monsters vs. the Clowns results in a win for the Monsters of 9-1 or better. If the Monsters win 8-2, the Battle Girls must win the tiebreaker against the Clowns to make it.
If The Battle Girls lose against the Idols:

Iki Town Idols
If the Idols win 9-1 or better against the Battle Girls:
They make playoffs, if:
If the Idols win 8-2 against the Battle Girls:
  • The Veterans vs. the Trainers results in anything BUT win for the Trainers of 10-0. If the Pokémon Trainers win 10-0, the Idols must win the tiebreaker against them to make it.
If the Idols win 7-3 against the Battle Girls:
  • The Veterans vs. the Trainers results in anything BUT win for the Trainers of 9-1 or better. If the Pokémon Trainers win 9-1, the Idols must win the tiebreaker against them to make it.
  • The Monsters vs. the Clowns results in a win for the Monsters of 7-3 or better. If the Monsters win 6-4, the Idols must win the tiebreaker against the Clowns to make it.
If the Idols win 6-4 against the Battle Girls:
  • The Veterans vs. the Trainers results in anything BUT win for the Trainers of 8-2 or better. If the Pokémon Trainers win 8-2, the Idols must win the tiebreaker against them to make it.
  • The Monsters vs. the Clowns results in a win for the Monsters of 8-2 or better. If the Monsters win 7-3, the Idols must win the tiebreaker against the Clowns to make it.
If the Idols tie or lose against the Battle Girls:

Friend Safari Pokémon Trainers
If the Pokémon Trainers win 10-0 against the Veterans:
  • The Battle Girls vs. the Idols results in a tie, or a win for the Idols of 6-4 or 7-3. If the Idols win 8-2, the Pokémon Trainers must win the tiebreaker against them to make it.
If the Pokémon Trainers win 9-1 against the Veterans:
  • The Monsters vs. the Clowns results in a win for the Monsters of 7-3 or better. If the Monsters win 6-4, the Pokémon Trainers must win the tiebreaker against the Clowns to make it.
  • The Battle Girls vs. the Idols results in a tie, or a win for the Idols of 6-4. If the Idols win 7-3, the Pokémon Trainers must win the tiebreaker against them to make it.
If the Pokémon Trainers win 8-2 against the Veterans:
  • The Monsters vs. the Clowns results in a win for the Monsters of 8-2 or better. If the Monsters win 7-3, the Pokémon Trainers must win the tiebreaker against the Clowns to make it.
  • The Battle Girls vs. the Idols results in a tie. If the Idols win 6-4, the Pokémon Trainers must win the tiebreaker against them to make it.
If the Pokémon Trainers win 7-3 against the Veterans:
  • The Monsters vs. the Clowns results in a win for the Monsters of 9-1 or better. If the Monsters win 8-2, the Pokémon Trainers must win the tiebreaker against the Clowns to make it.
  • The Battle Girls vs. the Idols results in a tie. AND the Pokémon Trainers win the tiebreaker against the Battle Girls.
If the Pokémon Trainers win 6-4, tie, or lose against the Veterans:

Ruin Valley Rangers
The Rangers are out of playoff contention.

Hi everyone, this is a post with the playoffs scenarios. I love making posts like these and TPP suggested I did one for UUPL, so here it comes:
(Note 1: I can imagine these projections can put pressure on players, so I'll put them in hide tags in case they don't want to be seen...)
(Note 2: I did all of this by hand, so it'd be very courteous that if you spot any mistake you let me know. And please be understanding that I could have made a mistake somewhere!)

Camphrier Town Ladies
The Ladies are guaranteed playoffs.

Eterna Forest Veterans
The Veterans are guaranteed playoffs.

Mikan Island Monsters
The Monsters are guaranteed playoffs.

Canalave City Clowns
If the Clowns win against the Monsters:
The Clowns make playoffs.

If the Clowns tie against the Monsters:
The Clowns make playoffs, unless:
  • The Battle Girls vs. the Idols results in a win for the Battle Girls of 9-1 or better. If the Battle Girls win 8-2, the Clowns must win the tiebreaker against them to make it.
If the Clowns lose 4-6 against the Monsters:
The Clowns make, unless ONE of these happens:
  • The Veterans vs. the Pokémon Trainers results in a win for the Pokémon Trainers of 10-0. If the Pokémon Trainers win 9-1, the Clowns must win the tiebreaker against them to make it.
  • The Battle Girls vs. the Idols results in a win for the Battle Girls, or a win for the Idols of 8-2 or better. If the Idols win 7-3, the Clowns must win the tiebreaker against them to make it.
If the Clowns lose 3-7 against the Monsters:
The Clowns make playoffs, unless ONE of these happens:
  • The Veterans vs. the Pokémon Trainers results in a win for the Pokémon Trainers of 9-1 or better. If the Pokémon Trainers win 8-2, the Clowns must win the tiebreaker against them to make it.
  • The Battle Girls vs. the Idols results in a win for the Battle Girls, or a win for the Idols of 7-3 or better. If the Idols win 6-4, the Clowns must win the tiebreaker against them to make it.
If the Clowns lose 2-8 against the Monsters:
The Clowns make playoffs, if BOTH of these happen:
  • The Veterans vs. the Pokémon Trainers results in anything BUT win for the Pokémon Trainers of 8-2 or better. If the Pokémon Trainers win 7-3, the Clowns must win the tiebreaker against them to make it.
  • The Battle Girls vs. the Idols results in a tie. AND The Clowns win the tiebreaker against the Battle Girls.
If the Clowns lose 1-9 or worse against the Monsters:

Blackthorn City Battle Girls
If the Battle Girls win 9-1 or better against the Idols:
  • The Monsters vs. the Clowns results in a win for the Clowns.
If the Battle Girls win 8-2 against the Idols:
  • The Monsters vs. the Clowns results in a win for the Clowns. If the Clowns tie, the Battle Girls must win the tiebreaker against them to make it.
If the Battle Girls win 7-3 or 6-4 against the Idols:
They make playoffs, if:
If the Battle Girls tie against the Idols:
  • The Veterans vs. the Pokémon Trainers results in a win for the Veterans of 8-2 or better. If the Veterans win 7-3, the Battle Girls must win the tiebreaker against the Pokémon Trainers to make it.
  • The Monsters vs. the Clowns results in a win for the Monsters of 9-1 or better. If the Monsters win 8-2, the Battle Girls must win the tiebreaker against the Clowns to make it.
If The Battle Girls lose against the Idols:

Iki Town Idols
If the Idols win 9-1 or better against the Battle Girls:
They make playoffs, if:
If the Idols win 8-2 against the Battle Girls:
  • The Veterans vs. the Trainers results in anything BUT win for the Trainers of 10-0. If the Pokémon Trainers win 10-0, the Idols must win the tiebreaker against them to make it.
If the Idols win 7-3 against the Battle Girls:
  • The Veterans vs. the Trainers results in anything BUT win for the Trainers of 9-1 or better. If the Pokémon Trainers win 9-1, the Idols must win the tiebreaker against them to make it.
  • The Monsters vs. the Clowns results in a win for the Monsters of 7-3 or better. If the Monsters win 6-4, the Idols must win the tiebreaker against the Clowns to make it.
If the Idols win 6-4 against the Battle Girls:
  • The Veterans vs. the Trainers results in anything BUT win for the Trainers of 8-2 or better. If the Pokémon Trainers win 8-2, the Idols must win the tiebreaker against them to make it.
  • The Monsters vs. the Clowns results in a win for the Monsters of 8-2 or better. If the Monsters win 7-3, the Idols must win the tiebreaker against the Clowns to make it.
If the Idols tie or lose against the Battle Girls:

Friend Safari Pokémon Trainers
If the Pokémon Trainers win 10-0 against the Veterans:
  • The Battle Girls vs. the Idols results in a tie, or a win for the Idols of 6-4 or 7-3. If the Idols win 8-2, the Pokémon Trainers must win the tiebreaker against them to make it.
If the Pokémon Trainers win 9-1 against the Veterans:
  • The Monsters vs. the Clowns results in a win for the Monsters of 7-3 or better. If the Monsters win 6-4, the Pokémon Trainers must win the tiebreaker against the Clowns to make it.
  • The Battle Girls vs. the Idols results in a tie, or a win for the Idols of 6-4. If the Idols win 7-3, the Pokémon Trainers must win the tiebreaker against them to make it.
If the Pokémon Trainers win 8-2 against the Veterans:
  • The Monsters vs. the Clowns results in a win for the Monsters of 8-2 or better. If the Monsters win 7-3, the Pokémon Trainers must win the tiebreaker against the Clowns to make it.
  • The Battle Girls vs. the Idols results in a tie. If the Idols win 6-4, the Pokémon Trainers must win the tiebreaker against them to make it.
If the Pokémon Trainers win 7-3 against the Veterans:
  • The Monsters vs. the Clowns results in a win for the Monsters of 9-1 or better. If the Monsters win 8-2, the Pokémon Trainers must win the tiebreaker against the Clowns to make it.
  • The Battle Girls vs. the Idols results in a tie. AND the Pokémon Trainers win the tiebreaker against the Battle Girls.
If the Pokémon Trainers win 6-4, tie, or lose against the Veterans:

Ruin Valley Rangers
The Rangers are out of playoff contention.
OOF.. even though I'm in quarantine, I will not have the faith to do the same thing.. shiny lyd insane as usual.. :blobnom:

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
Low effort predictions:

Camphrier Town Ladies (7) vs. (3) Ruin Valley Rangers

SS UU: Saria vs. Zorodark -- Hikari put on a really good show vs then undefeated Star last week, and I can see this game going both ways depending on the amount of effort Hikari puts in. Zorodark has been pretty active in UU lately and has been solid all around though, so I'm going to favor him here
SS UU: 100%GXE vs. Sabella -- Both have good experience with the tier, but GXE has been playing pretty well the last couple of weeks and he also beat me, so I automatically have to bold him
SS UU: col49 vs. MetaRiolu7 -- Gonna favor the boomer here as MetaRiolu hasn't won a game yet and Rangers are out of contention
SM UU: Christo vs. Eternally -- Eternally has been struggling all UUPL and Christo is the best SM in this tournament + has the ability to make his opps choke if he's stuck in a losing position
ORAS UU: Manipulative vs. Wanka -- The moment you've all been waiting for. If Manip brings a Steel-type, he wins. If Wanka dracos a Fairy-type, he wins. I think Wanka dracoing a Florges is more likely.
BW UU: r0ady vs. BKC -- If BKC plays then I favor him, but he didn't play last week so I wouldn't think he'd play this week either
DPP UU: H.M.N.I.P vs. brewfasa -- cb don pedro is simply too fire to lose
ADV UU: Heysup vs. Ark -- Don't know enough about either in this tier to make a logical choice so I flipped a coin and it landed on tails
GSC UU: Zokuru vs. alive -- Unpredictably, alive has looked lost compared to his dominance last year. I can't imagine that would change now with the Rangers out
Bo3: Adaam vs. HT -- Adaam only loses to CBU and Morpeko, and HT is neither of those things. Expecting SS/SM to Adaam and ORAS to HT

Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers (0) vs. (10) Eterna Forest Veterans

No slacking before playoffs Vets.

Iki Town Idols (5) vs. (5) Blackthorn City Battle Girls

SS UU: Hogg vs. Star -- Star had his first loss has week but has still been pretty solid the whole tour. Hogg is definitely capable of taking this one but I'm gonna bold the better record
SS UU: Freeroamer vs. teal6 -- Big fan of both and excited for this one, but I think Freeroamer's prep will be better. In an even mu I might favor teal, but roamer has brought very solid teams throughout and played them well, so I'll slightly favor him
SS UU: Lilburr vs. Feliburn -- Lily has gotten a bit lucky but her prep has been good nonetheless. This one's pretty much identical to the above mu
SM UU: Sage vs. Jaajgko -- Sage is the better overall player and I expect her to win in a must win week for her team
ORAS UU: GunGunJ vs. Killintime -- I've been a fan of kt this UUPL and he's more proven in ORAS to me
BW UU: SPACE FORCE meeps vs. MrAldo -- Don't really know much about either player, but MrAldo had a solid showing last week so I'm just gonna bold him
DPP UU: Chill Shadow vs. atomicllamas -- CS is the better player and has done well in one of the more stacked pools. atomicllamas brought hail last week so I morally will never bold him in DPP now
ADV UU: Shiba vs. gorgie -- Not too familiar with ADV but I think Shiba's more proven here
GSC UU: kaori vs. The Kyle -- Pre-UUPL I would've bolded kaori, but I'm an alien to GSC and I'm just bolding the better record. I can easily see kaori taking this one though
Bo3: bugzinator vs. robjr -- Hyped for this mu as well, fan of both. When bugzi is on his game he's pretty scary, but I expect rob to take SS/SM

Mikan Island Monsters (5) vs. (5) Canalave City Clowns

SS UU: TonyFlygon vs. ggggd -- Even though the monsters qualified already, Tony has been pretty active in UU and if he preps well, I expect him to take this one
SS UU: Kushalos vs. solonor24 -- Kushalos joined the cheese squad last week and solonor is finally freed in a hype mu. The chef has the higher ceiling but solo will be hungry to prove friso wrong. Excited for this one and maybe bolding against solo will empower him even more, rooting for you bud
SS UU: Ajna vs. martha -- I like martha and she played a solid game last week vs roamer, but Ajna is a really tough opponent to outplay. If he gains even the smallest lead here I can't see martha coming back from it, but I'm personally rooting for her
SM UU: Sjneider vs. Empo -- Empo has impressed me in SM this UUPL and I expect him to take this game given an even mu, especially since I think the clowns will prep heavier than the monsters simply because a win puts them in
ORAS UU: Garay Oak vs. Eternal Spirit -- This game could go either way, but I'm going to expect a similar case to above on this one. Highlight mu
BW UU: FLCL vs. Lopunny Kicks -- Punny is on a 3 win streak so I'm going with the hot hand. Could go either way
DPP UU: jacob vs. Thiago Nunes -- Thiago has been pretty impressive so far, and I'm not sure how familar jacob is with DPP UU, so I'm bolding the better record
ADV UU: ict vs. Bouff -- Both have struggled so far, but ict has wins against BKC and Raichy, two top players in this pool. Personally rooting for Bouff but I'm going with the better record
GSC UU: Diophantine vs. HSA -- 5k 6-0 HSA has been dominant and I don't expect him to lose
Bo3: TDK vs. lax -- Tough one to call. TDK hasn't impressed me this tour so far and I would say lax is the better player at this point in time. However, lax got off to a hot 3-0 start and has been on a cold streak since then, while TDK is coming fresh off of two wins against two respectable players. Going with the hot hand but it all depends how seriously TDK takes this

Last edited:

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
had a stroke in my game with the win in the bag, sad.

tough season rangers just wasnt meant to be ig. s/o to the stragglers in our cord and s/o to choolio for supplying me crack and being a stand up dude. rooting for the yeezy's to make poffs and win bop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)