Green?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Big Pizzeria Party (aka big pp)
by Rex

fannar fnaf.jpg

Introduction
Heyyyyy gamers. My first RMT of the year! Lets have some fun. I am here to introduce you this balance team. I have had a strong ladder success with it, and I have also tested it with several ‘big names’ among the bh community, all with very positive results. The team is also soft based in FNAF series, since I am a big fan of them. Before getting into the subject, I want to warn you that I haven’t made a RMT in a good while so maybe the way I am going to explain the team is a bit suboptimal or isn’t clear enough, remember that any question you have about the team (or if u want about bh in general) I am always willing to help through my discord Marsopa&Rex#7312.

This team is, in fact, my ‘adaptation’ of The Dovah Squad double pheal version, my favorite gen 7 bh team (spam: you can check it if u have interest, it is a gen 7 bh sample team), to the meta of today, with updated mons (due to thanos snap). As a quick review, the team can struggle to some forms of smash spam (fwqef’s team, for sample, has a good matchup against this team) but its not impossible to play around that with enough skill. I would say that the team is not very easy to use, it requires a minimal knowledge of the player about how many dmg does take every of our walls against some mons (or niche atacks they may have, to bypass weird checks), as well as having knowledge about how much dmg can our offensive bois do. This is not a big problem since you will probably get this knowledge from experience playing with the team. Also u will need to be skilled in the art of predicting to extract the maximum benefit from this team.

Lastly, before getting into the team I want to say that the viability of this team is timed, since the first gen 8 DLC is coming out soon, bringing some mons that might outdate this team. The highlight mon of this DLC, chansey, wont hurt the team that much in my opinion, since the imposterproofs are solid (except mewtwo, we will get into that later) with the only one being in risk may be runerigus, which can probably provide imposter chansey a not too risky way of healing. About the second DLC, if the first one doesn’t outdate the team, I am pretty sure this one will. But heyyyy not everything is bad news because… shell smash has a high probability of being banned (at least until said DLCs come out) and this will free the team a lot, giving it a very high reliability. Without more talk lets get into the team!

The peak was done on my main alt. My starting elo and GXE were 1450 and 85%. The peak was achieved in the range of two days.

1588880692951.png

1588880450300.png

In fact I dont have much to say here, I built the defensive core first with ferrothorn and incineroar. They both checked interesting and problematic mons such as kyurems, reshiram, eternatus or (depending on the set) zacian-c.

1588880503431.png

The next two steps were adding zama, as a breaker/pivot, and zekrom, as a booster strong user. With these two I said myself ‘how the fuck do I imposterproof this guys?’ and here is where runerigus comes. He can check most zamas (either crownded or not), zekroms, zeraoras…

1588880546855.png

Last step, I had a solid build but now I needed a last mon… what did I choose? A moldy excadrill.

1588880594726.png

Moldy excadrill sucks in this team. I am not saying that it sucks in general, but it sucks in this team. Moldy exca needs paralyze support to help to get over its biggest weakness, he is veeeery slow for this meta. Really, veeeeeeeeeeery slow (this meta, even the walls, is kinda fast most of the time). So I just got rid of this edgy mole. Here is where mewtwo arrives, because the team really needed some kind of special attacker.

The team
music

Let’s get into the funny part.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
zama.png

Foxy The Pirate (Zamazenta) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Bolt Beak
- Earthquake/Photon Geyser
- U-turn​

Hey look! It’s Foxy! Now it doesn’t just run around trying to catch you, but it also destroys any kind of wishes of u winning the battle! Now out of jokes, this banded guy has a very strong firepower that it is able to spam with fairly low consequences. It is hard imposterproofed by runerigus. About his ability to deal damage, apart from the obvious KOs like snorlax or zama-c it also deals a very solid damage against mons like eternatus that, while it doesnt OHKO with earthquake, it does a ton (82-97%) and this calc goes for zekrom and reshiram too (a bit lower for zekrom since his def is slightly higher) which if u have placed rocks before turns into an almost ensured OHKO. And here comes the main change u may make to this set… earthquake or photon? Each one gives different advantages, being photon’s most important that it blows up fc eternatus. It also makes higher damage to the imposterproof, runerigus (it is still well imposterproofed dont worry). This decision is up to you. This will be most of the time your turn 1 leader of preference.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasa
rune.jpg

Shadow Bonnie (Runerigus) @ Leftovers/Rocky Helmet
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Roost
- Spectral Thief
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock​

Our dear fur coat user is here. This bulky boy can take almost anything physical, except cb barraskewda and relatives. The fact that he is never seen on ladder leads to two main things: 1 people underestimate its bulk and 2: it’s a safe mon to use as imposterproofs, since u wont find much more of its kind. Runerigus is most of the times the go-to knock off eater if any of the pheal orbs have been activated (mainly zek). Why is this? Well, runerigus is very bulky physically so it wont mind very much taking a knock off, and the other options, ferro and incineroar usually need much more the leftovers to last longer through the battle. It is also a slow u-turner (u-turn may be changed by teleport) and can set rocks. One last thing, runerigus can make a very good use of rocky helmet as item. I havent decided if I want to use rocky or lefties, thats up to you, reader.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
incineroar.jpg

Freddy (Incineroar) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Haze
- Encore /DBond/Lava Plume​

Wow its Freddy, everyone’s favorite furry! (wait what). This is our prankster, and he does a good job as it. I dont really have much to say about this guy. It can tank several sets from kyurems, reshirams, darmanitan galar or mewtwos, solid mon overall. Note: you can change destiny bond for something more… suitable for more kind of situations. I mainly recommend encore or, if you are feeling gamer, lava plume. Encore is very good to suppress a lot of kinds of shell smash mons since dazz smash is not a thing in this meta.

While searching for a fan art of incineroar I saw a lot things that I shouldnt have seen.
really, WHY THE FUK IS THERE SO MUCH P0RN OF INCINEROAR

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa
ferro.jpg

Mangle (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Primordial Sea
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Recover
- Defog
- Topsy-Turvy​

Ahhh ferro. This mon is good at tanking offensive eternatus, some mewtwos, reshirams in general and to a lower degree, zeraoras and zekroms (but let that last 2 for runerigus, he will handle them much better most of times). He is a slow u-turner and our trusted defogger. He is also a topsy user to handle boosts and primal sea to stop fire users (or stop weather teams strats). As a more personal opinion, I feel that the way the meta is evolving, ferro might become less useful soon, since the mons its supposed to tank are sometimes using niche moves to take it down (aka close combat reshiram).

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
mewtwo.png

Purple Man (Mewtwo) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest/Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Earth Power
- Photon Geyser
- Quiver Dance​

The purple man is a killer, literally. Be careful.
This pokemon is mainly a late game sweeper, don’t expect to just sweep starting the game. The most important thing is that u get burns on the mons of the foe’s team that can stop mewtwo (aka ice scales lax or umbreon). Getting burns on physical attackers is always good, remember. About the imposterproof, it is ferro, but if u are not careful (the imposter gets +2 e.power or ferro is hardly chipped) it may not be able to take it, also highlight the fact that ferro can get will-o-wisped. But here comes the magic! Mewtwo is perfectly able to imposterproof itself if it is at a decent amount of hp, being able to burn the imposter (to chip and also to punish future imposterproofs on our physical attackers) and then quiver dance like a madman (or attack, all depends on the situation kids).

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
zekrom.jpg

Nighmare (Zekrom) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Dragon Darts
- Substitute
- Shift Gear​

The nightmare is here to haunt your sleep.
This physical pheal user is designed to able to boost and atack hard, with high chances of getting a late game sweep. Its main niche is sub, that helps him to punish the raising usage of strength sap, as well as topsy or even entrainment (it also block imposter). He hits hard a tanks fairly good. It is a solid mon overall. As a tip, don't let it get hard chipped, he is a very good late game mon.

Conclusion

As a conclusion I think balance is getting very punished as a playstyle. All this shell smash spam and weather spamming too makes hard to make a reliable balance team. You just have to take a look at ladder or OMPL, how many balance or stall teams have seen in OMPL? Very few. But I think this as it is was a good try. As I said, it has been working very well for me for a while now. This team mainly uses the mixed breaking power of the two pheal users, as well as burns and the breaker power of foxy to tear through the foe’s defense core. I hope that you enjoyed both the RMT and the team itself, and I encourage you to give a try to this team, I think you won’t regret it. Anyways, if you have made it this far, thanks for reading dude. Love you, readers.
Have a nice day!

Pd: As always, sorry for any grammar mistakes / English dictionary raping, I tried my best.
(New) Special thanks to fwqef for grammar checking a bit making this post less eye bleeding

Darmanitan galar: some sets can be hard to wall by the defensive core, nothing impossible to play around, but it is something to take into account.

Shell smash spam: depending on the mons this smash spam uses, the team can have a very tough matchup.

Special breakers with fighting moves: they are a bit hard to stop by the defensive core.

Security guards with cameras (specially if they are named Mike).

GAMERS RISE UP

https://pokepast.es/bb084ae7fd7e0a86

Pd: you, yes you. You know who are you. DON’T DARE TO CHANGE THE NICKNAMES!!

The nicknames give +3 strength, +2 dexterity, +57 charisma, +100 speech and +500000 epicness.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Sadly I did all this run in hide plays and without saving the game because I planned to use the team in a tournament.

Talking about it, if you want to see the replay of that tournament (that is the only replay I have saved lol) here you go.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8balancedhackmons-1110504471
In this replay we can see how incineroar saves the day and how zekrom sweeped late game. Also we see mewtwo dynamaxing to be able to take a super strong hit. Note: Mewtwo is my dymax of preference in this team.

I u feel like extra nice guy today you can go to winning post and like it too 7u7.
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/omfl-ii-main-thread.3663113/post-8458420
willdbeast is a boomer

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)