Multi-gen 2v2 Doubles Premier League I - Player Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

1589839062642.png

Art by Datsplashtho

2v2 Doubles Premier League I
Welcome to the first-ever edition of the 2v2 Doubles Premier League! If you wish to play in the 2v2 Doubles Premier League, you must sign up in this thread. The 2v2 Doubles Premier League is a 4 week event at minimum and has the potential to stretch on a bit further depending on tiebreak situations. Only sign up if you can be active for the majority of this time. For general guidelines on what to do and what not to do, refer to Luigi's guidelines here.

What is 2v2 PL? It is a 2v2 team tour where 4 teams will compete head-to-head against each other after drafting a team using a given salary. Players will play against one another in specific formats, earning wins for their team. Whichever team wins more in a week wins the week. If you would like to enter the player pool that is to be drafted from for 2v2 PL IV, you must signup here using the following format:

Code:
Player Name:
Preferred metagames:
Timezone:
Any Foreseeable Inactivity:
This tournament will feature SWSH, SM, and ORAS 2v2 Doubles. If you are new to the tier(s) and would like a general resource, this thread should suffice. with the slots as follows:

SS 2v2 Bo5
SS 2v2 Bo5
SM 2v2 Bo5
ORAS 2v2 Bo5

SS 2v2 Bo5
SS 2v2 Bo5
SS 2v2 Bo5
SM 2v2 Bo5
SM 2v2 Bo5
ORAS 2v2 Bo5

Manager info
  • Managers must be able to participate in an auction to draft their team.
  • Managers must select the lineup for the week, and send it to me before the week starts. If you don't think you can do this for the duration of 2v2PL I (it's honestly not that complicated), do not sign up.
  • Managers are responsible for their team's behavior. Make sure members of your team are abiding by the rules and remain active.
  • Managers are expected to facilitate substitutions when necessary.
  • Any player can sign up as long as they are not Tourbanned.
  • Managers count as players for their team.
  • The tournament is likely to last 4 to 6 weeks.
Auction Info
  • Every team will have one (1) manager.
  • Every team will have 60,000 (in the case of 6 slots) or 40,000 (in the case of 4) credits, and will have to have a minimum (including themselves) of 8 and 6 players, respectively.
Player info
  • If you are interested in playing, be aware that any team may buy you, and you are expected to play for any one of them. Only list tiers in your signup that you are willing to play. While these aren't binding, it will affect how the managers will see you, and you are expected to play them if necessary. If you would not consider seriously playing a tier in a tournament, do not list it. Do not make dumb joke posts about playing tiers you don't care for.
  • You are generally expected to participate in your team's Discord. While we understand that activity levels may vary, this is the core portion of team tournaments, and what makes it fun. Your team's Discord server is where your team will hang out, discuss strategies and just have fun without worrying about the game. This is where teams come together (or fall apart), and likely the most integral part to the entire tournament.
Deadline is Saturday, May 23rd at 3:30PM GMT-4, It is advised that you join our discord server to stay up-to-date with rulings, stats, and managers. When managers are decided, the managers and team discords (for tryouts and the like) will be displayed here.

Last edited:

eblurb

Up late thinking about life
is a Tiering Contributor
player name: eblurb
Preferred metagames: SwSh, will play SM if I have to
Timezone: GMT-7 (pdt)
Any Foreseeable Inactivity: no

why u should draft me - i have never played a 2v2 game in my life, draft me anyway dw. i will also increase team morale and annoy other teams into submission
side note: i 3-0d james in sm 1v1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)