Tournament OMPL VIII - Week 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Mengy's OMPL VIII Week 6 Community Content Review

This OMPL has seen a ton of hype, with many users writing small novels of event coverage commentary and win predictions. Which posts are worth reading and which ones are likewhore drivel? Read on to find out!

Thinkerino kicks off this week's metagame commentary with an AAA review. Predictably, his post begins with a recap of his own game last week, which he won. He then covers the rest of the week's games in play-by-play style (and big ol paragraphs) and wraps up with some standard commentary about the state of the meta. Worth a read if you're interested in AAA.

highlighter innovates the metagame commentary metagame by announcing in the first line that it's a likewhore post -- unsurprisingly, this nets him many more likes than the average post on this page. His post is a nice look into the mind of a BH player as he covers every key turn in all the games. Unfortunately, this is BH we're talking about, so each game is like 400 turns and his post ends up being Moby Dick-sized. Worth a read for BH fans with some time to kill.

The first prediction post of the week, King Leo roots for his friends and tour favorites. His predictions stay on the safe side, only judging 2 matches to be more lopsided than 60-40. If you're new to the OM tour scene you could find this post informative.

Funbot takes on the burden of this week's STABmons review in a post dripping with shade. Similar to Thinkerino and highlighter, she covers each match and concludes with some metagame commentary, but her conclusion comes nicely illustrated with some Pokémon sprites which I think really helps the readability! A nice, snarky post.

It's not every day you see a manager predicting his own team to lose 0-6! For that reason alone, it's worth checking out drampa's rating system-based prediction post. In there you'll also find discussion of his methodology and some entertaining and far-better-informed-than average predictions.

I give this post a Mengy Medal of Honor!

The brand name viv predicts are back! vivalospride elegantly role compresses likewhoring and scheduling by tagging his opponent at the top of the post. His predictions are based on the exact opposite of fact and for this reason they get the most attention of any post on this page.

I give this post a Mengy Medallion of Entertainment Value!

A modest Redflix steps up to the task of delivering MnM game commentary, continuing the pattern of people who won their game last week offering their two cents. Though he does not add metagame notes like other posters, he is also the only person on this page considerate enough to put their long paragraphs in hide buttons. A nice read for MnM fans.

Fardin is 110% honest so he makes all of the numbers add up to 110%.

Siamato's camomons french frog review sets the bar sky-high in terms of formatting excellence. He must have spent at least ten minutes setting up the tables containing each Pokémon's typing. Seeing the information presented like that really helped me follow his post. Great read, I hope you finish it!

I give this post a Mengy Trophy of Readability!

Honorable mention goes to Chloe for derailing the tournament for her and our entertainment.

I give this post a Mengy Badge of Mischief!

Be sure to like this post for more OMPL Community Content Review!
Where is my badge for kingly shitposts? I'll even accept second place to Thimo's socks.

in the hills

spreading confusion
is a Top Artistis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
vivalospride why dont you shut up and schedule with me wuss
im down whenever, im gmt -7 and havent slept since the cold war so im flexible
Thursday 8pm est/5pm pst/2am gmt+2/1am gmt+1/5:30am gmt+5:30/10am gmt+10. If you're not there by that time, i will be act fishing
im down for thursday 8pm est
See ya then puta
so yall did all of this just for neither of you to show up on time

Ren

fuck it if i cant have him
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
local poffin addict creates another likewhore post, this time disguised in the form of a scheduled times post
have you liked this post yet?
y'all should
all times in GMT as always
if you don't like that timezone convert it yourself
if anything in this post is incorrect pls notify me i will do my best to not be lazy and update it :~) also blame your managers i stole the times from them
SS Almost Any Ability: aesf vs Sabella
SS Balanced Hackmons: Alternatif vs sugarhigh
SS Almost Any Ability: rozes vs itsKimbo
SS NFE: DurzaOffTopic vs anime sans (sub 2)

None yet

SS STABmons: Lasen vs LaBalladeDesCieux @ 4 PM GMT
SS Mix and Mega: Jordy vs Mark K @ 6 PM GMT
SS Camomons: Havens vs Akashi @ 6 PM GMT
SS NFE: King Leo V vs Ho3nConfirm3d @ 11 PM GMT

SS Mix and Mega: Chazm vs Pigeons @ Time unknown
SS NFE: uhuhuhu7 vs Crystalites @ Time unknown
SS Almost Any Ability: the fakest of all xavgbs vs Racool @ Time unknown

SS Balanced Hackmons: MAMP vs dimrah @ 10 AM GMT
SS Mix and Mega: Redflix vs MultiAmmiratore @ 2 PM GMT
SS Camomons: Jrdn vs Sylveon. @ 3-4 PM GMT
SS NFE: frisoeva vs TJ @ 5 PM GMT
SS Camomons: Thimo vs Matiss98 @ 8 PM GMT
SS Almost Any Ability: Thinkerino vs Dragonillis @ 9 PM GMT

SS STABmons: Cam vs Zesty43 @ Time unknown
SS Mix and Mega: Andyboy vs Gmansour20 @ Time unknown
SS Balanced Hackmons: PinkDragonTamer vs Chessking345 @ Time unknown

like follow and comment btw

this is also a callout post for drampa's grandpa and OM who tried to withhold their times until i paid them in cookies

Last edited:

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
local poffin addict creates another likewhore post, this time disguised in the form of a scheduled times post
have you liked this post yet?
y'all should
all times in GMT as always
if you don't like that timezone convert it yourself
if anything in this post is incorrect pls notify me i will do my best to not be lazy and update it :~) also blame your managers i stole the times from them
SS Almost Any Ability: aesf vs Sabella
SS Balanced Hackmons: Alternatif vs sugarhigh
SS Almost Any Ability: rozes vs itsKimbo
SS NFE: DurzaOffTopic vs anime sans (sub 2)

None yet

SS STABmons: Lasen vs LaBalladeDesCieux @ 4 PM GMT
SS Mix and Mega: Jordy vs Mark K @ 6 PM GMT
SS Camomons: Havens vs Akashi @ 6 PM GMT
SS NFE: King Leo V vs Ho3nConfirm3d @ 11 PM GMT

SS Mix and Mega: Chazm vs Pigeons @ Time unknown
SS NFE: uhuhuhu7 vs Crystalites @ Time unknown
SS Almost Any Ability: the fakest of all xavgbs vs Racool @ Time unknown

SS Balanced Hackmons: MAMP vs dimrah @ 10 AM GMT
SS Mix and Mega: Redflix vs MultiAmmiratore @ 2 PM GMT
SS Camomons: Jrdn vs Sylveon. @ 3-4 PM GMT
SS NFE: frisoeva vs TJ @ 5 PM GMT
SS Camomons: Thimo vs Matiss98 @ 8 PM GMT
SS Almost Any Ability: Thinkerino vs Dragonillis @ 9 PM GMT

SS STABmons: Cam vs Zesty43 @ Time unknown
SS Mix and Mega: Andyboy vs Gmansour20 @ Time unknown
SS Balanced Hackmons: PinkDragonTamer vs Chessking345 @ Time unknown

like follow and comment btw

this is also a callout post for drampa's grandpa and OM who tried to withhold their times until i paid them in cookies
I'd like my goddamn cookies and chocolate milk you likewhore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)