move 2: Volt Switch / Discharge
move 3: Will-o-Wisp
move 4: Nasty Plot / Thunder Wave
item: Sitrus Berry
ability: Levitate
nature: Modest
evs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpA

[SET COMMENTS]

* Rotom-C makes for a good pivot due to its unique set of resistances and utility.

* Leaf Storm is Rotom-C’s most powerful STAB move, hitting Tyranitar, Gastrodon, and Quagsire hard.

* Volt Switch offers momentum against defensive switch-ins.

* Will-o-Wisp allows Rotom-C to cripple physical attackers such as Mimikyu and Excadrill.

* Thunder Wave allows Rotom-C to cripple switch-ins such as Dragapult and Hydreigon, but Thunderbolt allows Rotom-C to hit Corviknight and Toxapex harder.

EV Spreads
=========

* 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpA Modest: This EV spread maximizes Rotom-C’s bulk while still being able to hit decently hard.

* 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpD Calm: This EV spread allows Rotom-C to live Fire-type attacks from Dragapult and Rotom-H.

Team Options
=========

This Rotom-C set appreciates checks to Dragapult and Hydreigon, because Rotom-C’s only way of handling both of them is through Thunder Wave. Furthermore, it also appreciates bulky Water-types that can check both Fire- and Ice-types.
Dragapult and Hydreigon Checks:
1588294979167.png
1588295003173.png

1588295057850.png

Bulky Water-types:
1588295131723.png
1588295166411.png

[SET]
name: Choice Item
move 1: Leaf Storm
move 2: Thunderbolt
move 3: Volt Switch
move 4: Trick / Dark Pulse
item: Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
evs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* Rotom-C is able to use its STAB Electric-type moves freely, since many Ground-type Pokemon fear switching in to a Leaf Storm.

* Trick allows Rotom-C to cripple walls more efficiently, but Dark Pulse is a great coverage move.

• When running Dark Pulse, Rotom-C becomes a threatening Dynamaxer, due to its high Special Attack and Max Darkness being threatening if running Choice Specs, or Rotom-C being hard to outspeed if running Choice Scarf.

EV Spreads
=========

* 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe Timid: This EV spread allows Rotom-C to OHKO Excadrill, Aegislash, and Dragapult. This spread is recommended if running Choice Scarf to outspeed Dragapult.

* 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe Timid: This EV spread allows Rotom-C to extremely bulky, further solidifying its role as a good Dynamaxer. This spread is recommended if running Choice Specs.

Team Options
=========

Rotom-C is best paired with strong offensive Pokemon that can take advantage of Volt Switch.
Strong Offensive Pokemon:
1588302549536.png
1588302568635.png

General Team Options
=========

Rotom-C can form cores with Fire-types and Water-types that can cover each other’s weakness.
Fire-types:
1588374511787.png
1588374536080.png

Water-types:
1588374563862.png
1588374580600.png
1588374590180.png

[CREDITS]

[CREDITS]

- Written by: [[ImperialGamer517, 506687]]
- Quality checked by: [[cant say, 158401], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Last edited:

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
Looks pretty good so far ImperialGamer517 !

Here are some suggestions:

1. Team options need a bit of work. Explore the options a bit deeper, I dont disagree with anything you have said but you can definitely add new teammates/categories. I would begin by having a "General Team Options" section on the bottom, and include things like FW teammates that are always generally useful. Rework this and dive deeper and Ill get new comments as they come in.

2. I understand Marilli's old Rotom-C for Nasty Plot had full speed full SpA timid, but I dont think thats really helpful in today's meta. You already outspeed most Corviknight and all bulky waters, which are the real targets you can realistically outspeed, so I think this spread is outdated and should either be scrapped or moved to a secondary EV spread option. The main spread should be a versatile HP/SpA/Spe spread. Rather than use lum berry (which I think is bad because you already have immunity to paralysis and powder move sleeping), you should just include a substitute move option, with leftovers secondary item choice.
Here's a successful S5 spread with nasty plot: H252 C140 B92 D4 S20

3. Choice item spread, I feel like a lot of Rotom-C want to use Max HP/SpA with some speed creep taking from HP. Hitting as hard as possible with Leaf Storm is important against, say Lapras, where you want to kill if they dont max, and if they do max, do as much damage before veil comes up. It doesnt need to be the main spread (you can keep the timid fast one) but absolutely should be there for one of them.

Last edited:
W
Looks pretty good so far ImperialGamer517 !

Here are some suggestions:

1. Team options need a bit of work. Explore the options a bit deeper, I dont disagree with anything you have said but you can definitely add new teammates/categories. I would begin by having a "General Team Options" section on the bottom, and include things like FW teammates that are always generally useful. Rework this and dive deeper and Ill get new comments as they come in.

2. I understand Marilli's old Rotom-C for Nasty Plot had full speed full SpA timid, but I dont think thats really helpful in today's meta. You already outspeed most Corviknight and all bulky waters, which are the real targets you can realistically outspeed, so I think this spread is outdated and should either be scrapped or moved to a secondary EV spread option. The main spread should be a versatile HP/SpA/Spe spread. Rather than use lum berry (which I think is bad because you already have immunity to paralysis and powder move sleeping), you should just include a substitute move option, with leftovers secondary item choice.
Here's a successful S5 spread with nasty plot: H252 C140 B92 D4 S20

3. Choice item spread, I feel like a lot of Rotom-C want to use Max HP/SpA with some speed creep taking from HP. Hitting as hard as possible with Leaf Storm is important against, say Lapras, where you want to kill if they dont max, and if they do max, do as much damage before veil comes up. It doesnt need to be the main spread (you can keep the timid fast one) but absolutely should be there for one of them.
Wdym FW? Also, I don’t get the EV spread that much because it’s confusing.

Last edited:
Not the original commenter but FW refers to Fire and Water teammates for Fire / Water / Grass core.

The EV spread is a Japanese convention commonly found on Nouthuca.
HP -> HP
A -> Atk
B -> Def
C -> SpA
D -> SpD
S -> Spe

Usually they go in order HP / A / B / C / D / S.

I was actually looking at that team earlier today for a different reason (blog), but looking back I'm not sure what the specific benchmarks the spread is designed to hit. As far as I can tell using google translate, the author does not really explain the EVs, but I believe the Spe EVs are just for Speed creeping. The nature on the spread given is Bold.

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
Not the original commenter but FW refers to Fire and Water teammates for Fire / Water / Grass core.

The EV spread is a Japanese convention commonly found on Nouthuca.
HP -> HP
A -> Atk
B -> Def
C -> SpA
D -> SpD
S -> Spe

Usually they go in order HP / A / B / C / D / S.

I was actually looking at that team earlier today for a different reason (blog), but looking back I'm not sure what the specific benchmarks the spread is designed to hit. As far as I can tell using google translate, the author does not really explain the EVs, but I believe the Spe EVs are just for Speed creeping. The nature on the spread given is Bold.
Thanks for clarifying for me. The nature doesnt matter between bold and modest, they achieve the same total stat points, fwiw. It was mostly to illustrate that its not running full speed by any means.

Quick question about the Choiced sets

1. Wouldn't Modest be a bit better for the 212/252/44 Specs set? Your whole purpose is just to hit hard and have a slower Volt-Switch to get your breaker/wall/setup mon in safely. Plus timid puts you at 123, and the notable mons that would reach that speed (max speed + nature aegi, jolly grimm, timid sylveon, timid lapras) typically don't run that much speed. The notable mon running max speed with base 60 usually is Primarina, which you speed tie with at Modest and if anything, they either switch out on you or you take a hit and break their sash.

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
Quick question about the Choiced sets

1. Wouldn't Modest be a bit better for the 212/252/44 Specs set? Your whole purpose is just to hit hard and have a slower Volt-Switch to get your breaker/wall/setup mon in safely. Plus timid puts you at 123, and the notable mons that would reach that speed (max speed + nature aegi, jolly grimm, timid sylveon, timid lapras) typically don't run that much speed. The notable mon running max speed with base 60 usually is Primarina, which you speed tie with at Modest and if anything, they either switch out on you or you take a hit and break their sash.
The spread should be Modest, second this.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really like nasty plot on the defensive wisp set, and it’s the set I swear by on rotom-c. discharge is also really nice as the electric move on that set.

i know it becomes a slashing nightmare but it can work

[SET]
name: Defensive Pivot
move 1: Leaf Storm
move 2: Volt Switch / Discharge
move 3: Will-o-Wisp
move 4: Nasty Plot / Thunder Wave
item: Sitrus Berry
evs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpA

I actually think if we slash Dark Pulse with Wisp we can just remove the seperate “nasty plot” set altogether and just go with 2 sets. both those sets are just bulky spreads anyway with a selection of STAB, status, and coverage options anyway.

I think work on this but I would give QC 1/2 either way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)