Tournament UUPL VIII - Finals [Won by Eterna Forest Veterans]

Status
Not open for further replies.

H.M.N.I.P

https://youtu.be/pIr6TjG7Rko
is a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Lost to my brother Indigo in a very tense one, gg

To all the Ladies, it was a pleasure teaming up with you all, in my recent memories I don't remember being part of such a fun teamtour environment, it was amazing while it lasted. I'm sorry I couldn't go big on my first SS UU game ever, but at least it was a nice show to watch. Good job to the veterans for clutching this after things started to look good on our side. A big thanks for the hosts too cause they ran this tour very smoothly, see you all in the next tour, bye!

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Hate to lose in the finals after going undefeated, but congrats to CBU and the Veterans for an outstanding season. You guys were great. First season as a manager was a very fun experience and I'm glad to have spent it with a great team. Some shoutouts

Christo Absolute stud. Coming in every week with a guaranteed win was just too unfair.

Heysup Old-gen stud with an affinity for being crit, I swear it was crazy watching you lose for the 4th week in a row to a crit LOL. I wanted strong old-gens coming into this and stealing you for a mere 14k made less super easy.

r0ady I was stoked to nab you for cheap, super consistent BW slot all year round. It's always a pleasure to see old friend come back for this tour

Zokuru I wish you spoke more in the server cause in PMs I realized you're an actual genius. Also coming in to GSC UU with no prior experience and building your own teams was scratch was incredible, especially clutching a win in semis against 7-0 HSA.

100%GXE I loved watching you innovate stuff week in week out, you straight up started the UU Jah trend lol. You got great building and better playing ability, hope you stick with the tier.

Xiri Your record is nowhere near reflective of your abilities. We all get bad streaks and I have no regrets taking you. UULT trophy is that way -->

col49 For someone as self-deprecating as you, I'd expect you to be total ass but damn dude you came in as a sub and popped off in dominating wins with sick sets. You're a super chill guy and I really enjoyed teaming with you.

Manipulative Glad to have you back in UU, I hope to see you stick around for current gen. That ORAS game shows you still got it :bite:

Saria Watching that game against ODR was a pleasure even if it ended as a loss. You still got a great mind for the game so long as your wifi puts out lmao.

Skysolo H.M.N.I.P My clowns...y'all are hilarious and degenerate but I love it. Thanks for being flexible too with last second subs and making my life a lot easier. Also shoutout to the honorary clowns Alkione and hs

Santu You've killed it in like every tour I've seen you play LOL whatever price I got you for was a joke. Idk how someone can keep posting positive records in all tiers but you find a way.

Sam I Yam Circumstances prevented you from playing more games than you'd like, but you're a great player and even greater guy. Your winpost antics are fucking hilarious, keep on killing it in life dude and enjoy that house.

See you all next year

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
won vs my hermano pietro in a nailbiter, gg homie

ggs to the ladies, sorry that it couldn't have been a cleaner series overall, whether it was rng or the adv timeout on a crucial game, definitely not as satisfying winning games on things like that. really glad that we got to face you guys in the finals with quite a few friends on the other team

Accelgor Raichy, told you guys you'd be enjoying the back to back titles. been a wild ride starting from losing the deciding game in w1 last year + an abysmal record to winning the deciding one this year, but you guys stuck with me through all of it. CBU, thanks for putting your trust me in week in & week out, not being scared to call me out on my wrongs when I played like a garbage can, & being a great manager for all of us & leading by example. rest of you will get a shoutout in the disc & I'll edit it here since I'm on a tight timer rn. we worked hard for this one vets, let's enjoy it :psywoke:

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
It is very rare I do shoutouts in a team tour but this has been one of the most fun teams I have ever been on so I feel like I have to. Going into this I wasn't sure what to expect or if I'd even get drafted at all. I had only a nominal amount of GSC UU experience and wasn't the biggest fan of it but willing to try it out some more but this has been the greatest example of needing a tour to appreciate a metagame and now this is one of my favorites though I accept I got my fair share of luck. I knew basically none of the team going into this but that made the Vets a fresh unique environment that I am very happy to have been a part of and to have contributed a win nearly every week to their victory. I love everyone in the chat but special shout outs to CBU for trusting so much in me from start to finish and ending equally strong in a stacked BO3 field, Accelgor for being The Iron Man Of UU and having knowledge of every gen of UU including GSC giving me so many tests even if it isn't your string meta, Indigo Plateau for being strong and finishing our season up, and Stone_Cold for being a brother and learning several different metagames for us. I am extremely proud of all of my teammates for this. I'm not sure if I'll be around for this again I can definitely say I don't sign up because I wasn't reminded to as was the case in previous years. Overall this win will be one of my favorites through my career in mons.

VETS :swole:

CBU

Banned deucer.
I think it is better to do this now before I start cracking up. You know, they say the worth of the beaten gives glory to the victor. Congratulations to Adaam for putting together a great time, that amongst other had the best record of the tour and the only undefeated player in Christo . You guys pushed us to the limit twice. Very respectful ggs.
Now that this is out of the way,I wanna say some things about my team. This was my first time managing a major tournament and honestly I had no clue what to do, besides approach all of you and hopefully make you see the team I envisioned. I couldn't be luckier with the teammates that surrounded me and this UUPL is more than enough of a proof of what we were capable off. I want to apologize to you for any mistake I made during my managing; my intent was always the best for our team, regardless of how I went about it. Man psh who cares anyway give s/o already you dipshit. Hmm let's see:

Accelgor (aka sexy kinoso): Thank you. Thank you for costing my right kidney making my transition from a player to a manager easier, thank you for helping out the tiers I could not, thank you for trying to steal my authority having a million more lines than me in the discord, thank for being my friend and thank you for keeping calm when I was about to erupt. You are the best assman teammate and friend I could ever ask for.

Indigo Plateau (aka bulbafurry): I thought you were an amazing player and despite all the irrelevant shade you were thrown I never cared what people had to say. 3 weeks in we had a talk that made you truly show what I knew you were capable of doing and I couldn't be prouder of you and happier I got to team with you as a player and down the line a friend. I love you brother

Stone_Cold (aka grumpy motherf... Dave): I don't think I have ever seen an outsider to UU be so passionate about a tournament. I know we butted heads a lot and I told you many times that passion made you do rushed things but overall you were the heart of the team w/o knowing any of us. Thank you for being a test machine, thank you for coming clutch in many tiers, thank you for tough-loving me into a better manager and thank you for your friendship. That late in their careers, very few people maintain your drive. I hope you stick around for more.

PinkDragonTamer (aka my son): First time I talked to your bum ass it was on skype and you were like 13. Look at you now. I'm so proud of you for everything you have become over the years. Holding down our SM super consistently and never complaining when I asked you to SS basically because I didn't do my job well during drafting. You are capable of great things; never forget that.

dingbat (aka flaming pp aka my toof hurt): I know this tour didn't go as planned resultswise but I will never regret teaming up with you.You were an amazing chat presence and even tho you were disconnected from the game, every week with your plays you showed flashes of the dingbat I know; the ORAS UU madman, the ORAS UU goat. Draft was tomorrow, you still ORAS for me. FUCK YOUR TYCOON YOU WILL NOT QUIT BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!

Amukamara (aka liam): I knew I was going to be torched alive for buying Accel and not starting him in BW, but I knew what you were capable of and you never let me down. Idgaf what the score board says, you came up big for us when it mattered the most and no dogshit rng can take that away from you. Amazing from start to finish, I hope we get to team up again!

esche (aka LORD ESCHE): My apologies for letting you rot in the bench at the start. You took over the slot that was bleeding for us and made us a force to be feared. Thank you for changing our names in the language of the gods and thank you for not asking for the cookies I promised you.Huge in SM, GOD in DPP, you were a fuckin steal. Thanks for everything you did for the team,I love you.

Raichy (aka :blobnom: ): Similar to Amuk, only rng could stand in your way. From the moment we talked pre draft, my ADV list had one name on it. You are an amazing chat presence, a great player and a magnificent person. I feel blessed to get to know you and hopefully our paths cross again next year. FUCKIN ADV GOAT I LOVE YOU

Mr.378 (aka GOD DANIEL): What am I supposed to say? 9-1?9-1?! BRUH! You killed everybody and rightfully so. It was incredible to see you work throughout the whole tournament, despite all the ''GSC UU masters'' mistaking skill for pure luck. You carried huge despite of situation and you were the only GSCer I contacted showing me the will to part of a team I envisioned. Thank you for trusting in my vision and I pray we get to team up again, although next UUPL if you don't go for 100000K people are actually stupid.

basaninho (aka His): WHOSE MANS JOHNS IN FIANLS TF ARE YOU DOING?! I think everything I feel about you I have already told you. I love you to death and I am willing to die screaming about your endless potential. You earned your place on the team, you earned you place on the starting lineup and you earned the respect of everyone else with your showings. I couldn't be more proud of your evolution as a player. Keep reaching new heights my beloved baguette.

TMM (aka TOOMUCHMONEY): Amongst the best quality people I have met in this server. I was unable to provide you a steady place in the starting lineup but at least I hope I was able to aid you with experience in high pressure situations. Keep trying and the time will come. You are capable of big things and quote me on that. Thanks for being so invested in the team. Your presence and attitude about us all season meant the world to me as a manager.

LLH Estarossa lyd pokeisfun Killintime Donphantastic Slowpoke92i : I do not care if you were unofficially part of our team. You essentially had nothing to gain and yet stuck with the team to support us with tests, builds and love in any way you could. I cannot put into words how much that meant to me. I love you all and as far as I am concerned part of this trophy is yours. I learn from my mistakes and rest assured next year many of you will not be ''unofficial'' members of a winning team because you deserve the best.
@CyTzdlW you were the first to trust me with a UUPL spot 3 years ago. I promised you then I was gonna bring you a trophy. I couldn't. Now that I can consider this my thank you for trusting in me when almost nobody else did.

My team in its entirety made this tournament the best team experience I had since the day I joined smogon. This isn't a time for melodramatic walls of text. This is time to celebrate. YOU EARNED EVERY BIT OF THIS AND I CANNOT PUT INTO WORDS HOW HAPPY AND PROUD YOU ALL MADE ME. FOR THE LAST TIME THIS YEAR: GO VETS!!!!

Last edited:

Accel

thanks for the memories
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Winning this tour in back to back years feels too surreal.

You really need the perfect mix of teammates and supporters to make it all gel together to this extent, and I can wholeheartedly say that I teamed with the right people this year. Some of you (like myself) surely aren't proud of or satisfied with their individual records or contributions. I'll tell you the same thing I keep telling myself whenever I'm disappointed in my own results. Keep putting in the effort to get better, never hesitate to branch out and boost your versatility, and drown out the voices of your doubters by any means necessary. After all, disappointing those very doubters is a sizable part of the fun and there's nothing like letting your improvement do the talking as opposed to your actual voice. Weren't we ranked last or something right after the draft LOL. Let people find all sorts of excuses and justifications for how we ended up winning this tour; the only thing left for us to do is to enjoy our victory.

To those of us who carried us with their incredible consistency: thank you. Thank you for consistently setting the tone for us week in and week out. Thank you for inspiring the rest of us to become better and reach the level of dominance that you displayed so very well in this tour. Thank you for all of the time and effort you've poured into this tour. I really wish I could stand on the same level as you guys when it comes to consistently carrying a team. Despite ending 6-4, I really am disappointed with my overall play be it that I got a crucial turn wrong or was immensely bailed by rng. If I'm somehow worth 26k in this tournament nothing short of excellence will satisfy me, and I hope I can learn from my mistakes and hone my skills to be the consistent player I know I can be.

Every team we competed with in this tour has earned my respect. We had some really competitive rosters and every week was a struggle for the Vets. You all put up good fights and I hope you all consider returning next year or stick around, whether it's as a fixture of the community or as a competitor for the remaining circuit tournaments of the year.

CBU
Words can't express how grateful I am that you chose me of all people to help lead a team. You are a fantastic teammate but an even better friend, and I'm immensely glad that I got to get to know you better over the course of this tour. Your performance in this tour was out of this world and it's honestly something I look up to now for my future team tours. I wish to be that consistent source of wins just like you were for us in this tour. You let your play do the talking and supported everyone else in the most perfect way a manager ever could. A true leader leads by example, and you did this much for us and then some. Love you bro and I can't wait to see you take the community by storm in SSD4 and SPLXII. You deserve a spot and I'll do anything that's necessary to ensure that it happens.

Indigo Plateau
My best friend on the site. I'd be hard pressed to find another friend who gets me like you do and I'm beyond glad for being given the opportunity to team with you once more. Nobody else makes building as bearable for me as you help it to become and I never take it for granted. Picking up SS UU on the fly and adapting to like 53 different metas during masters really impressed me and I feel like we grew together immensely from last year's UUPL to now. You completely smashed everything doubters had to say about your capabilities as a player and builder with your performance in this tournament. I'm nearly as happy for you as I am about our team winning the tour, and I have no doubt in my mind that you can continue your dominance in snake and any other tours you wish to join.

basaninho
We messed around with a ton of lineups early on but I'm glad you were the one to round out our SS core. It's always hard to get results after being added to the lineup later on into the tour, and you really came through for us in some important weeks. I really believe that you still have a lot of untapped potential as both a player and builder, and hope that you can prove it in the tours to come. The sky's the limit for you man, keep ascending.

Stone_Cold
Thanks a lot for being flexible with our lineup experimentation. You brought so many cool ideas to the dpp table and even though dpp itself didn't work out as well as we'd hoped, you still found ways to let your creativity spill over into other tiers. Early on you helped to establish a great team culture and environment that was maintained all the way to the end. I'll never take anything like that for granted and I appreciate you for being a positive influence that everyone else could leech off of. I am sorry about how we weren't able to include you in our final lineups. Your sacrifice and trust in our guys is to be commended and I especially admire you for your willingness to give up your own chances at success to let our teammates flourish. It was a pleasure teaming with you man, I wish you the best with your future team tours.

PinkDragonTamer
lil bro you impressed me this year. Record aside, you were always helping us figure out the optimal directions for our SS games while being an absolute unit for SM. It's near impossible to find another SM player who was willing to be as creative as you were while also maintaining a high quality vision of the game itself. You definitely have the mindset of a top player and the way I see it, you can take down anyone you want to. Your playing sense only evolved with the progression of this tour and I hope that you'll continue to play in the remaining tours for this year. SS PDT is a force and a half and I have no doubt in my mind that you'll prove it time and time again should you wish to do so.

dingbat
The flaming pp himself. It's unfortunate that things went the way they did for you this year, but you kept our chat lighthearted and tried your best week in and out. I respect your efforts and commitment to the team almost as much as I respect your unique skribbl drawings LOL. Keep being you and never change man, unless it's to use steel types in ORAS. In all seriousness though, it was fun having you around to spread positive vibes at all times and I enjoyed teaming with you for that reason alone.

Amukamara
My BW partner in crime. You have such a creative eye for this tier and I really admired your willingness to mess with gems and unorthodox team structures. It's a shame that you were cheated out of a few wins, but you came through for us when it mattered most. Anyone who finds themselves struggling and can't seem to find a way out of their rut should honestly learn from your example. Theorizing stuff with you was loads of fun and I can't wait to see you tear up UU classic and the remaining SS tours. Join em all and show everyone what you're capable of my guy, I'll be rooting for you each and every step of the way.

esche
I am so glad we were able to incorporate you into the lineup after we weren't able to do so for the first few weeks of the tour. You are a fiend when it comes to picking apart your opp's tendencies and making it all mesh together to form a favorable end result in the builder. Your flexibility was great to have as well, for whether we needed you in SM or DPP, you came through with the most positive of attitudes and were willing to get right down to business. Teammates like you are hard to find man, I appreciate you loads for the good vibes and positivity you spread by just existing. That game vs Eo is officially one of my favorite games of all time btw and I'll never let you forget it.

Raichy
Back to back champs mi hermano! I was beyond happy when I realized we could team together for the second straight year. You have a fantastic eye for innovation in ADV and it was magical seeing you come up with a new mon or set to terrorize your opp with every week. It's unfortunate that you weren't able to have as good of a tour as you did last year, but you never let it really get to you and continued to put in the same high quality effort into every week. Hopefully this isn't the last time we team because I haven't had enough of you just yet.

Mr.378
The Iron Man of GSC UU himself. Theorizing GSC concepts with you was a blast and I'm glad I was able to pick up the tier at a decent level to give you a challenge every once in a while. Some people might credit a number of your wins to rng or whatever but if you ask me, your team choice was always on point and you played a calculated game every time. Being able to depend on you to come through at any given time was truly awesome man, teammates like you really are blessings. I hope you stick around for UU Classic, for you'd definitely be a force in many of the available gens and seeing you continue your dominance would be a real treat.

TMM
I remember bonding over Solo Leveling and just hitting it off from there. You're one of the chillest, positive, and helpful people I've met in a minute if I'm honest. If I ever needed last minute SS tests you'd always be there at a moment's notice to help me out. I definitely wouldn't have been as comfortable with my teams had you not been around, and I truly appreciate the support you gave us all throughout the tour. You are a starting caliber player and although you sacrificed a lot for the team, I still expect greatness from you in the near future. 3 letter gods ftw.

LLH Killintime Slowpoke92i pokeisfun Estarossa lyd
Every single one of you poured in valuable hours to perfect our team picks and general approach across almost every generation. I can never thank you enough for supporting us even though you had no strict ties to the team. We were all lucky to have you along for the journey and I'm glad you guys were able to take part in our success. Love you guys, and I hope that your futures in tours are brighter than imagineable.

See you guys in the tours to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)