UU SS UU Ladder Tournament 2020 - Playoffs [Won by Pokeisfun]

Jade

why are girls?
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
1590507227855.png

Your wish is my command.

1. Cam vs. 9. Accelgor: Cam had a decent series against GW, though he admittedly did get a rather good matchup G2 with Milotic walling everything except Vanilluxe. This isn't enough to bold him against UUPL two-time champion Accelgor however, who had a rather luck-filled series against Misa that ended with an unfortunate Draco Meteor miss at the end. When hes motivated however, Accel plays rather well and has the overrall motivation to win this tour. Cam's teams have been decent but nothing too impressive as well, while Accel can pull out some neat techs to beat his opponent (Garbodor included).

2. Sabella vs. 8. ZoroDark: Probably the match I'm looking forward to the most. Sabella has recently taken an interest in this tier and beat CBU last round, while Zoro had an admittedly easier opponent in mind gaming. I believe Sabella builds his own teams, while I'm not sure if Zoro builds his own or uses other people's or what. Apparently the double Electric team he brought vs mind gaming was a Lily team? Whatever the case, both of these players are great and I can't really give the edge to anyone here. I guess Sabella would get a small edge if I had to choose from how many games he played to get here, but this could be anyone's games honestly.

3. solonor24 vs. 6. Xiri: Hate to (not) gas up solo's ego by bolding him but I feel like it has to be done. While one of solo's games vs Panther (don't recall which one) was skewed by an unfortunate crit on Sylveon, his aggressive playstyle is enough to win vs essentially anyone so long as they don't call him out for it. Xiri also beat his partner-in-crime Ramolost after losing G1, which should give solo more motivation to win this match. Solo's teams have been fine thus far (besides the Roserade spreads that make TSR want to commit die) while Xiri's have ranged from alright to weird. I think he builds his own but I'm not 100% sure. So long as solo keeps up his playstyle and doesn't overpredict he should be able to take this.

4. pokeisfun vs. 5. Highways: Its really hard to bold anyone in this pool with the exception of Accel and possibly solo against pif. He's seemed to branch out from using stall in this tour, and for good reason. His previous opponent was a fellow Brazillian, which might give Highways the motivation he needs to win here. Unfortunately pif is simply the better and more consistent player here and as mentioned earlier I'd only bold two people over him. This one is short solely because I don't have much to talk about on Highways and pif is just a very good player in general.

Good luck to all of the remaining participants! Rooting for Accel or pif to take it all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)