Tournament Doubles Premier League 6: Administrative thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This thread will be used for me to post information about the league, such as the schedule, and for coaches to make their discords public or provide information about tryouts if they wish. This thread will also be used for final decisions of a tournament director nature, such as activity decisions, punishing people for cheating, etc. Do not post in this thread if you are not a manager, your post will be deleted and you will possibly be infracted.

WEEK ONE:
Twinleaf Mutant Ninja Squirtles vs. Oreburgh Ancients

Santalune Storms vs. Rustboro Baptist Church

pultminisprite.png
Galar Ghosters vs. Six Island Shitposters

WEEK TWO:
Twinleaf Mutant Ninja Squirtles vs. Santalune Storms

pultminisprite.png
Galar Ghosters. vs. Oreburgh Ancients

Six Island Shitposters vs. Rustboro Baptist Church

WEEK THREE:
Twinleaf Mutant Ninja Squirtles vs. Rustboro Baptist Church

Oreburgh Ancients vs. Six Island Shitposters

Santalune Storms vs. Galar Ghosters
pultminisprite.png

WEEK FOUR:
Twinleaf Mutant Ninja Squirtles vs. Six Island Shitposters

Rustboro Baptist Church vs. Galar Ghosters
pultminisprite.png

Oreburgh Ancients vs. Santalune Storms

WEEK FIVE:
Twinleaf Mutant Ninja Squirtles vs. Galar Ghosters
pultminisprite.png

Six Island Shitposters vs. Santalune Storms

Rustboro Baptist Church vs. Oreburgh Ancients

Last edited:

MajorBowman

wouldst thou like to live fergaliciously?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Howdy friends, I'm not planning on holding tryouts for the Oreburgh Ancients but please feel free to message me on Discord if you want to join our prehistoric gang!

Alternatively you can send a detailed resume to my secretary tennisace and he will pass them along to me at his earliest convenience.

Looking forward to a fun season :bloblul:

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
The Twinleaf Mutant Ninja Squirtles are hiding in their shells so I have no public Discord, but please PM me if you're interested / have questions for me / want to prove yourself worthy of joining the Squirtle Squad! I likely won't be doing tryouts in the form of test games, but I'm looking forward to chatting with prospective teammates.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Shitposters captain here. I don't have a public discord either. However, if you want to be drafted, please PM me on Discord with any of the following:
  • ladder peaks
  • teams you've built
  • seasonal results
  • requests to play a tryout game
I won't make promises, but I will definitely take any PMs into serious consideration. I think a big part of the DPL2 shitposters' success is that we were the most active team in the tournament, and I'll be aiming to replicate that this year, so enthusiasm before the draft is obviously a plus!

Last edited:

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
DPL draft results:

dpl6draft.png

emforbes20000
Ezrael20000
SMB20000
qsns18000
Croven17000
stax16500
Frania16000
Nails14500
Human13500
YoBuddy13500
Yoda279813500
Tman13500
umbreon09813000
Memoric12500
DaWoblefet12000
Paraplegic12000
Biosci10500
Level 5110000
Kiichikos9500
Yellow Paint9000
Demantoid9000
miltankmilk9000
Lunar.8000
Mishimono7000
fespy6500
Spurrific6500
Nido-Rus6000
marilli6000
AuraRayquaza5500
Mizuhime5500
finally5500
TDK5000
Shadowmonstr45000
Anime Sans5000
Checkmater5000
Qwello Lee4500
Z strats4500
LightScreener4500
tennisace3500
Hashtag3000
n1n13000
DLT JRL BELL3000
Akaru Kokuyo3000
SaDiSTiCNarwhal3000
Void3000
EternalSnowman3000
shrop053000
Miinh3000
DaAwesomeDude13000
Amaranth3000
Lord Death Man3000

Last edited:

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
The Six-Island Shitposters have traded 1k credits to Rustboro Baptist Church.

Six-Island Shitposters: -1k credits.
Rustboro Baptist Church: +1k credits.

The Twinleaf Mutant Ninja Squirtles have traded 0.5k credits to Rustboro Baptist Church.

Twinleaf Mutant Ninja Squirtles: -0.5k credits.
Rustboro Baptist Church: +0.5k credits.

The Santalune Storms have traded 1.5k credits to Rustboro Baptist Church.

Santalune Storms: -1.5k credits.
Rustboro Baptist Church: +1.5k credits.

The Rustboro Baptist Church have used their remaining 3k credits to draft I want Atago to sit on me from the remaining player pool.

Rustboro Baptist Church: +I want Atago to Sit on Me

With this selection, we have achieved the monumental prize of completing DPL 6 Bingo.

dpl6bingo.png

Last edited:

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
Allow me to introduce the official DPL 6 Power Rankings. All 6 managers were asked to rate the other teams 1 through 5, and the average scores were used to grab the rankings. The teams average ranking will be placed in parentheses. The Galar Ghosters and Six Island Shitposters tied for 2nd place.

1. Oreburgh Ancients (1.8)

2. Galar Ghosters (2.4)

2. Six-Island Shitposters (2.4)

4. Twinleaf Mutant Ninja Squirtles (2.8)

5. Santalune Storms (4.2)

6. Rustboro Baptist Church (4.4)

Arcticblast: 1. Ancients 2. Shitposters 3. Ghosters 4. Squirtles 5. Church
Talkingtree: 1. Ancients 2. Storms 3. Shitposters 4. Ghosters 5. Church
Kaori: 1. Ghosters 2. Ancients 3. Shitposters 4. Squirtles 5. Storms
KyleCole: 1. Squirtles 2. Ancients 3. Shitposters 4. Church 5. Storms
Stratos: 1. Squirtles 2. Ghosters 3. Ancients 4. Storms 5. Church
MajorBowman: 1. Shitposters 2. Ghosters 3. Church 4. Squirtles 5. Storms

Squirtles. Going in I expected tree to wind up with the weakest squad but he ended up drafting a gang of murderers. Besides a criminally low 6.5K Spurrific, standouts for me are Qwello Lee and Yobuddy. This team is the biggest threat and if they don’t make playoffs I will be shocked.

Ancients. Choosing between ancients and Squirtles for rank 1 was tough. Bowman also drafted absolute killers in stax, tman, and of course himself. I think this team can consistently churn out 3-4 wins a week against the teams I gotta rank unless they’re playing Squirtles, and it’s a good bet we’ll see them in playoffs. I honestly think all of the teams in the draft are strong and there are no easy weeks, but on paper Squirtles and Ancients seem a level up from the next three.

Shitposters. I think the shitposters have a really strong squad in old gens, but in SS they may face difficulty against the two teams above. Success will come down to where Stratos puts himself and Marilli, and how he juggles the line-up week to week. I think if Stratos does his homework and can make some matchups fall in his favour, this team is a contender for playoffs. I think the shitposters are the bridge between extremely scary teams, and the teams below that will need to pull out big effort to win.

Church holy chat presence. If there’s one thing I know it’s that being a church member will be a lot of fun for all 11 players. There are also some highlight players like shadow and kiichi, but I think the church are lacking those 1 or 2 key players to consistently bring home wins. I would be pleasantly surprised to see this team in playoffs.

Storms If there’s one manager who could bring a 6th ranked team to victory its arcticblast. He has the terrifying SMB to bring home regular wins, and Z strats is a lowkey killer in SS, but I think that this team will struggle to find 3 wins each week and will be lucky to find 4. I said there are no weak teams this year and I meant it, but I think on paper the Storms are the least likely to make playoffs.

1. Squirtles

I really didn't expect to be ranking Squirtles this high, but then I made prospective lineups, and theirs looks good. This team doesn't have any super hard carries, but it has competent players in all six slots who will probably all go positive. If their wins don't come in unfortunate clusters, they should make playoffs.

2. Ghosters

Kyle's back with his DPL2 strat again... Ezrael / frania / emforbes / DaWoblefet is insanely threatening, but the team really falls apart after that. They aren't immortal, but they should be able to carry hard enough to make playoffs, and then they only need 1-2 weeks of things breaking the right way to win the whole thing.

3. Ancients

This ranking is based largely on the fact that MajorBowman apparently wants to SM? That is not his best tier, and it kicks miltankmilk out of his best tier, which weakens the lineup considerably. This team has four high caliber players, but it remains to be seen if milk is crust, and stax's signup signified pretty low motivation, so he might slump this tour too (or not, it's Stax...). I don't trust Paraplegic or LightScreener in starting slots, really, but that seems to be their best bet, so we have another Ghosters situation with weaker carries, especially if they stick with this lineup.

4. Storms

This team's lineup looks like mediocrity all around. Their strongest player, SMB, is slotted in haxgen, so he probably won't be able to carry as hard as he could in other gens. Demantoid could be good or could go 0-4, but I find it hard to believe he will offer much team support. Then you have a steep drop off to people who have really struggled in top level competition or never seen it at all. Will need a massive overperformance to win.

5. Church

This team's SS is a mess. The oldgens are solid but not #1 caliber like Ghosters, which is what you would need to salvage this team. If this team has one redeeming factor, it's that they have the power of God and anime on their side.

Arctic edit: I didn't think you were adding names n10 lmao. I think every team is really strong, and picking any order was pretty difficult. Maybe I'm just bad at evaluating rosters though?

1: Ancients - This looks like the strongest and most consistent team
2: Shitposters - Probably has higher highs than the Ancients, but lower lows, with some questionable motivation levels from a couple players
3: Ghosters - Weaker average strength puts this team in the middle of the pack, but the top half is absurd; if the core can consistently win, this team will make a deep run
4: Squirtles - Spurrific for 6.5 lmao. This team would be a strong contender for first if the entire tournament wasn't so stacked, but I think it's just a little below average for this tournament.
5. Church - still a good team but like
kaoridplhorse.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Sorry this is late this year! I'm especially sorry because it means DaWoblefet took the spoink link name I needed. Nevertheless, the spreadsheet can be found at spo.ink/dpl6sheet, as well as 3 other aliases. See if you can find them all!

As a side note, I'm still considering whether to host a predictions tournament again this year, so that's still up in the air. Let me know if that's something you'd be interested in participating in!

Level 51

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
triple post!

Week 1 of the Predictions Tournament is up and can be found here (http://spo.ink/dpl6p1)! This form will be open for 48 hours or until the first game of DPL Week 1 begins, whichever is sooner. You can also tick the box at the end of the form to be notified when future rounds of the predicts tour go up.

Leaderboards can be found here (http://spo.ink/dpl6pl), though they all say 0 for now.

Level 51

quadruple post!!!! i feel the power

Week 2 of the Predictions Tournament is up and can be found here (http://spo.ink/dpl6p2)! This form will be open for 48 hours or until the first game of DPL Week 2 begins, whichever is sooner.

Week 1 recap:
  • YoBuddy is cleanly in the lead with 225 points, a solid 35 points over Stratos and talkingtree, who are tied for second place!
  • 4 of the top 6 places belong to Squirtles players, which goes to show something, though I'm not quite sure what.
  • Last year's winner, Lunar, scored 150 points, putting them in a tepid 11th place. Specifically, Lunar predicted against me, and I hope he has learnt his lesson.
  • I added a row for zMassOpinion, which is a simulated player who goes with the most popular choice from each week. In Week 1, zMassOpinion scored 135 points, putting them in joint-18th place.
  • I added a row for zTheApe, which is a simulated player who flips a coin for each match and chooses one of the non-Tie options based on the coinflip. This year, the coinflips have actually been simulated instead of relying on averages. In Week 1, zTheApe scored 110 points (lower than their expected value of 122), putting them in joint-30th place.
As always, the leaderboards can be found here (http://spo.ink/dpl6pl). Good luck with Week 2! :)

Level 51

five in a row baby!!!!!

Week 3 of the Predictions Tournament is up and can be found here (http://spo.ink/dpl6p3)! This form will be open for 48 hours or until the first game of DPL Week 3 begins, whichever is sooner.

Week 2 recap:
  • Due to the substitution, the Croven/marilli/Lunar. match will not count for prediction points.
  • Two of the most one-sided prediction matchups swung in the opposite direction! How exciting (and bad for prediction points)!
  • YoBuddy is still cleanly in the lead with 370 points, though their lead has shrunk to just 20 points over Stratos, who climbed into second place with 350 points.
  • The highest scorer of the week is Ezrael, with an impressive 215 point week! Unfortunately, since they missed Week 1, they're down at 25th place. :(
  • Lunar predicted for me this week but somehow managed to score 135 points, to which I absolve myself of all responsibility.
  • :primeape: zTheApe did a little better this week, scoring 120 points (higher than the expected value of 117); it has climbed to 25th place.
  • :magneton: zMassOpinion dealt with the tie (and will deal with all further ties) by picking the left-hand side option, which turned out to work in its favor. It earned a solid 180 points this week, allowing it to climb to joint-4th place! I'm a little worried that it might soon gain sentience and replace me.
As always, the leaderboards can be found here (http://spo.ink/dpl6pl). Good luck with Week 3! :)

Level 51

RE: Void

The Galar Ghosters are selling back Void for extreme inactivity over the course of this DPL. He has a total of 26 chat messages in the Ghosters Discord, the last of which was 2 weeks ago. KyleCole made multiple attempts to reinclude Void in team activity, to no avail. They will be awarded 3k credits in order to buy a player who was not originally drafted.

Galar Ghosters: -Void, +3k credits

With their newfound credits, the Galar Ghosters have acquired Sunrose from the remaining player pool.

Galar Ghosters: -3k credits, +Sunrose

Level 51

sextuple... no, wait, septuple post?? it seems the sheer power of my multiple-posting has begun to warp reality...

Week 4 of the Predictions Tournament is up and can be found here (http://spo.ink/dpl6p4)! This form will be open for 48 hours or until the first game of DPL Week 4 begins, whichever is sooner.

Week 3 recap:
  • Stratos took the lead over YoBuddy this week, and is now in front with 455 points! YoBuddy (450) and talkingtree (445) are extremely close behind, though Stratos does claim he will "crush you all when the preseason predict points roll in".
  • Two ties this week were very bad for prediction points! Exactly 0 people predicted both ties (6 people predicted exactly one of the ties).
  • The highest (human) scorer of the week is kaori, with a solid score of 140! Will she end up being the only person to beat TheApe this week? Probably.
  • :primeape: zTheApe caught quite a few lucky breaks this week, scoring 140 points to tie kaori (higher than the expected value of 117); it has climbed to 15th place.
  • :magneton: zMassOpinion's threat of overpowering humanity has come to an end with a score of 85. It has fallen to 6th place.
As always, the leaderboards can be found here (http://spo.ink/dpl6pl). Good luck with Week 4! :)

Level 51

i have made eight posts in a row... soon i will shed this mortal husk and ascend to the throne of dou power

Week 5 of the Predictions Tournament is up and can be found here (http://spo.ink/dpl6p5)! This form will be open for 48 hours or until the first game of DPL Week 5 begins, whichever is sooner.

Week 4 recap:
  • Due to the substitution, the Mizuhime/Lunar./Amaranth match will not count for prediction points. This is the second time Lunar has been involved in a match involving a substitution! That doesn't mean anything but I thought I'd point it out.
  • Memoric took the highest score this week, earning 200 points to rocket him to first place! This puts him at 590 points, squeaking just ahead of YoBuddy (585) and the third-place tie between managers talkingtree and Stratos (580).
  • :primeape: zTheApe scored 105 points this week, which is lower than the expected value of 117, but still enough to let it climb to 14th place.
  • :magneton: zMassOpinion earned 155 points this week, bringing it back up to 5th place.
As always, the leaderboards can be found here (http://spo.ink/dpl6pl). Good luck with Week 5! :)

Level 51

my body is now numb to the experience of multiple posting. i am beyond infraction

Week 6 of the Predictions Tournament is up and can be found here (http://spo.ink/dpl6ps)! This form will be open for 40 hours or until the first game of the DPL semifinals begins, whichever is sooner.

Very brief Week 5 recap:
  • The first lot of pre-season points are in!
  • Stratos achieved the highest score of the week with 170 points; combined with a (so-far) perfect pre-season playoffs prediction, he takes the top spot with a total of 900 points. Memoric falls to a distant second with 825 points, with YoBuddy (810) in third.
  • :primeape: :magneton: I have not gotten around to running these guys for the week, but rest assured this will happen eventually.
As always, the leaderboards can be found here (http://spo.ink/dpl6pl). Good luck in the semifinals! :)

Level 51

DPL Predictions Tournament Results!
Sorry these are a little late, I may or may not have completely forgotten about it. Still, let's congratulate our winners...
:cleffa: In third place, with 895 points, we have Sunrose!​
:staryu: In second place, with 930 points, it's Stratos!​
:starmie: And in first place, narrowly clinching a win with 945 points, congratulations to our winner Yuichi!​

A quick shoutout to our two non-human contestants, the crowdsourcing Mass Opinion (860) and the coin-flipping The Ape (715)!

And some more special awards for some deserving participants!
:metagross: Probably Botting - Scored at least as high as Mass Opinion.​
Yuichi (945), Stratos (930), Sunrose (895), umbreon098 (885), Memoric (865), n10sit (865), YoBuddy (860)​
:mankey: Finchinator Award - Played every week, but scored lower than The Ape.​
kaori (705), Level 51 (690), Yoda2798 (665)​
:alakazam: Literally Psychic - Got all the predictions in a week correct.​
n10sit (Finals, 85/85)​
:hoopa: Literally Rigged - Got all the Pre-Season predictions correct.​
Sunrose​
:landorus-therian: Top of the Heap - Got the most points in a week.​
Week 1: YoBuddy (225)​
Week 2: Ezrael (215)​
Week 3: kaori (140)​
Week 4: Memoric (200)​
Week 5: Stratos (170)​
Semifinals: Sunrose, Ezrael, Paraplegic (65)​
Finals: n10sit (85)​
:dusclops: Nulli Secundus - Made predictions for all the matches in a week, but scored 0.​
YoBuddy (Semis), talkingtree (Semis), Qwello Lee (Semis), Level 51 (Semis)​

Thank you to everyone who participated in this predictions tournament for making it awesome, I had fun running this! As always, the leaderboards can be found here (http://spo.ink/dpl6pl). That's all from me, see you again (?) next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)