All Gens RoAPL VI: Finals [8T/80P Won by Lilycove Ludicolos]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjdaas

this girl rly slapped some letters together huh
is a Community Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Art by 0NI, thanks friend!​
⏮ RoAPL 5 | Discord | Spreadsheet

Manager Signups | Player Signups | Talk | Replays | Usage | Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Semifinals | Finals

Introduction

Welcome to the Finals of the sixth iteration of Ruins of Alph Premier League!

The format will consist of 2 spots of RBY OU, GSC OU, ADV OU, DPP OU and BW OU - every series except RBY's will be decided in a first-to-1-win (FT1W) series, RBY featuring a FT2W series. RoAPL VI will have 7 qualifying weeks, followed by a seeded semi-finals (top 4) and then finals. Managers and assistant managers will not be able to play. Teams will receive 2 point for an overall win, 1 point for an overall tie and 0 points for an overall loss at the end of each week. Most points, followed by most individual wins and least Fail-to-Play Points, will decide qualification for the playoffs. Head-to-head team records are considered, before a 3-on-3 tiebreak, if there is still a tie for a seed. Please play all your matches on the Smogon Tournament PS! server and save and post your replays!

RBY OU
Banned Moves
Dig, Double Team, Fissure, Fly, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize (Dig/Fly Glitch Prevention + Evasion + OHKO moves).
Banned Pokémon
Mew, Mewtwo.
Clauses
Freeze Clause, Sleep Clause, Species Clause.

GSC OU
Banned Pokémon
Celebi, Ho-oh, Lugia, Mew, Mewtwo.
Banned Moves
Double Team, Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize (Evasion + OHKO moves).
Banned Moveset Combinations
Hypnosis|Lovely Kiss|Sing|Sleep Powder|Spore AND Perish Song AND Mean Look|Spider Web (Sleep Perish Trap)
Clauses
Sleep Clause, Species Clause, Freeze Clause.

ADV OU
Banned Pokémon
Deoxys, Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Defense, Deoxys-Speed, Groudon, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Latias, Latios, Lugia, Mew, Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Wobbuffet, Wynaut.
Banned Moves
Double Team, Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize, Sheer Cold (Evasion + OHKO moves).
Banned Moves on Pokémon
Ingrain on Smeargle.
Clauses
Sleep Clause, Species Clause.

DPP OU
Banned Pokémon
Arceus (All formes), Darkrai, Deoxys, Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Defense, Deoxys-Speed, Dialga, Garchomp, Giratina, Giratina-Origin, Groudon, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Latios, Lugia, Manaphy, Mew, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Salamence, Shaymin-Sky, Wobbuffet, Wynaut.
Banned Moves
Double Team, Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize, Sheer Cold (Evasion + OHKO moves).
Banned Abilities
Sand Veil and Snow Cloak for Pokémon with more than one ability.
Clauses
Sleep Clause, Species Clause.

BW OU
Banned Pokémon
Arceus (All Formes), Blaziken, Darkrai, Deoxys, Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Defense, Deoxys-Speed, Dialga, Genesect, Giratina, Giratina-Origin, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Kyurem-White, Landorus, Lugia, Manaphy, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Shaymin-Sky, Thundurus, Tornadus-Therian, Zekrom.
Banned Moves
Dark Void, Grass Whistle, Hypnosis, Lovely Kiss, Relic Song, Sing, Sleep Powder, Spore, Yawn (Sleep moves).
Banned Items
Soul Dew.
Banned Abilities
Moody, Sand Veil, Sand Rush and Snow Cloak.
Banned Ability Combinations
Drizzle & Swift Swim, Drought & Chlorophyll.
Clauses
Species Clause, Team Preview Clause.

Finals

Lilycove Ludicolos (6) vs. (4) Mossdeep Meteorites
Managers: CALLOUS, JabbaTheGriffin vs BKC, TonyFlygon
RBY OU: Nails vs Heroic Troller

RBY OU: EB0LA vs Vileman
GSC OU: Kevin Garrett vs Welli0u
GSC OU: Mr.378 vs TSR
ADV OU: Hclat vs Golden Sun
ADV OU: marilli vs Pak
DPP OU: xray vs Sharow
DPP OU: brewfasa vs SFG
BW OU: lighthouses vs Finchinator
BW OU
: Raiza vs frisoeva

Battle Location: http://smogtours.psim.us/ (no hiding battle rooms)

Deadline is June 1st 03:00AM EDT(-4)
Completed Matches: 4/10

Last edited:
The lack of Sprinkles in the finals is dissapointing... :blobpensive:

:jirachi:DPP OU Predictions :jirachi:

Brewfasa vs SFG
I like SFG quite a bit but he tends to use more stall like builds, he's at risk of being counter teamed if he continues this trend. I'm hoping to see him switch up his style to potentially catch his opponent off guard. On the other hand Brewfasa was bringing some pretty standard Toxic Spike builds with a twist or Bulky Offense, until his Semifinals match where he brought a pretty cool team which ended up working out for him. Brewfasa has shown that he is willing to bring some more risky builds so this should make for a pretty exciting game.

xray vs Sharow
I don't know much about xray in DPP OU but he's definitely proven to be a good player in other generations so I expect that to be the same in DPP. In terms of team choice I don't know what to expect, for his Semifinals match he brought a pretty standard stall team so he could continue with what worked last time. Sharow has brought some pretty explosive Offense and they seem to have been working for him so far. Both solid players I hope for a great game!

Good luck to everyone and have a good day! :blobthumbsup:

Last edited:

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
It’s a little disappointing to not start any in playoffs after going 4-3 (should be 5-2) but I’m glad to see our team succeed and at least I didn’t hinder that. I’m still glad to help behind the scenes. And hoping for a good clean series between the two best teams. Ludi ludi ludi!!! No Ill will towards anyone, it’s just personally disappointing in myself for not doing better. Still happy with how we’ve done. And I’m very grateful for the opportunity. Callous is a goat manager and knows what’s best.

RBY OU: Spinkails vs Heroic Troller
RBY OU: Sprink0LA Vileman
GSC OU: Kevin Sprinklett vs Welli0u
GSC OU: Mr.Sprinkles vs TSR
ADV OU: Sprinclat vs Golden Sun
ADV OU: Sprinkilli vs Pak
DPP OU: Sprinkray vs Sharow
DPP OU: Sprinkfasa vs SFG
BW OU: Sprinkhouses vs Finchinator
BW OU: Spraiza vs frisoeva

Easy win for the Sprinklers Ludis

Last edited:
YAHALLO and welcome back to heavily-requested the UNBIASED PREDICTIONS
My team sadly got eliminated last week in what was basically a coinflip of a series. Can the Meteorites follow up their solid win last week and acquire that ever-so-important signature trophy? Or will the master of unofficial tours, Callous, claim yet another ring? Let's find out.

Lilycove Ludicolos (1) vs. (9) Mossdeep Meteorites
Managers: CALLOUS, JabbaTheGriffin vs BKC, TonyFlygon
RBY OU: Nails vs Heroic Troller | Nails has been very impressive lately. He's won a ridiculous amount of games in unofficial tours, and it would be unwise to bet against him right now. That being said, I'm just not going to bold anyone against Troller in RBY. I just think he's the best RBYer right now, so while I do have a lot of respect for Nails's RBY game, I'm certainly not giving him the edge here.
RBY OU: EB0LA vs Vileman | I've barely heard of this EB0LA dude, but I guess he might be decent at the tier. Vileman has at least played some games on the big stage before, albeit with some pretty poor results, and has had a nice run this tour as well. Miniscule edge in the meme tier.
GSC OU: Kevin Garrett vs Welli0u | Welli0u has been a sheet warrior ever since the beginning of Snake III, and has smashed countless people in newer generations on the big stage lately. He's shown that he's not a one-trick pony in this tour, with a nice 6-2 performance. KG is obviously more experienced, but he's struggled a fair amount this tour. While I would still bold him against a lesser player, Welli0u is simply too solid in my eyes to lose this one.
GSC OU: Mr.378 vs TSR | I definitely wasn't impressed with TSR's game yesterday. He pretty much got thoroughly outplayed by TDK each and every turn and needed a solid amount of good fortune to win. I don't think I've really seen any of his other games, but he has managed to put together a decent campaign. Do I have enough confidence in him to bold him? Well, in this case, I suppose that I do. I just don't have that much faith in the ice beamer. His comments in yesterday's game made me a bit more dubious of him as well.

Like ??????? What am I missing here? LOOL That's an awful lot of confidence for the ice beamer of all people......All of that being said, it's not like I really have too much faith in TSR, but he can have a miniscule edge here.
ADV OU: Hclat vs Golden Sun | Golden Sun has been pretty bad this tour, so bolding him here is definitely a bit suspect. I was originally going to make this game either a tossup or a win for Hclat based on his record, but he currently only sports a 3-5 record, so I feel confident enough to bold GS. He's a very storied player, and had a solid showing in SPL X as well. This certainly is a low point for him, but I'm definitely going to trust him to take this game over some random ROAPL mainer who is 0-2 on the sheet. Small edge.
ADV OU: marilli vs Pak | What a weird game LOOL At the end of the day, I feel like a solid lower tier mainer has a better chance of winning ADV games than a Doubles mainer. That's honestly all I can say about this one. Both players have similar records, so...miniscule edge for Pak.
DPP OU: xray vs Sharow | xray's way more proven on the big stage, so just off that, he can have a small edge here. Going against BKC support in DPP is always rough, but Sharow hasn't done anything notable enough to warrant the benefit of the doubt here.
DPP OU: brewfasa vs SFG | I don't think fatty is good in general. I distinctly remember feeling this way around 5-6 years ago when he was still semi-relevant; he's apparently 6-14 on the sheet. I had no idea who SFG was before this tour. His plays against Hipmonlee last week were honestly pretty suspect. In addition he has three more losses than fatty; granted, he has also played 3 more games. At the end of the day, in what feels like a relatively even matchup, I'm just going to go with the player who has BKC's unmatched DPP support.
BW OU: lighthouses vs Finchinator | come on people LOOOOOOL We're starting lighthouses in BW OU? my god. come on man. Diogo certainly is not good, especially not in BW OU. Finchinator is a very solid player, and while he has struggled this tour and has been memed on lately for his losses to unorthodox sets, I find it hard to believe he'll drop this game. This is without question the biggest edge in the whole series. This might be a 90/10 matchup.
BW OU: Raiza vs frisoeva | Both these players are 5-3. Raiza struggled in his SPL debut, although he admittedly did get lucked quite often. He did make some sub-optimal plays that hurt him at times, though, such as in his endgame sequence against KG. frisoeva had an above average SPL, and also went 4-2 in Snake. I think he's a hair better, honestly. Small edge.

Sayuze

Banned deucer.
RBY OU: Nails vs Heroic Troller
RBY OU: EB0LA vs Vileman
GSC OU: Kevin Garrett vs Welli0u
GSC OU: Mr.378 vs TSR
ADV OU: Hclat vs Golden Sun
ADV OU: marilli vs Pak
DPP OU: xray vs Sharow - v interesting
DPP OU: brewfasa vs SFG - no clue who either of these are =/
BW OU: lighthouses vs Finchinator
BW OU: Raiza vs frisoeva - pretty cool series

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
RBY OU: Nails vs Heroic Troller - HL game could go either way. Rooting for my boi Nick
RBY OU: EB0LA vs Vileman - Vileman's not bad but it's hard not to bold EB0LA here. He's been on fire for a while now and is killing it in PPL.
GSC OU: Kevin Garrett vs Welli0u - I've only seen KG play GSC in last week's game where he got very lucky vs my teammate the milkman, though he is of course a solid and experienced player. Welli0u has BKC support and has been doing very well this RoAPL, so I'll give it to him. Glad to see more people from other gens taking GSC seriously!
GSC OU: Mr.378 vs TSR - Mr.378 is far more experienced in the tier and is an overall better player. He does fall into the trap of mistaking his opponents for being predictable though ;) Mr. 378 won this match in the regular season, so there's that. It was kinda close though, so maybe this will be closer than I am making it out to be. Can someone tell me why he's called the ice beamer?
ADV OU: Hclat vs Golden Sun - not sure here. I'm giving it to GS for experience, but Hclat can definitely surprise in the builder. Hclat is very underrated, I think.
ADV OU: marilli vs Pak - No clue.
DPP OU: xray vs Sharow - Like Shake said, Sharow does have the BKC support, but biba's an insanely experienced player that's been taking gens outside of the 3 most recent more seriously. Surprised not to see him in BW though.
DPP OU: brewfasa vs SFG - BKC's support and the French love their DPP. SFG has some impressive showings in unofficial tournaments. I am not sure who brewfasa is.
BW OU: lighthouses vs Finchinator - Can't go against Binghampton's champion here. One of the most enthusiastic BW players of all time.
BW OU: Raiza vs frisoeva - Frisoeva is a solid player without doubt, but Raiza's very good at BW. I don't think his SPL record is reflective of his skill level, seeing as he got very unlucky in that season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)