The World Cup of Pokémon 2020 - Qualifying Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
some of these jokes make me never want to gp anything ever again
however i am also willing to help grammar check your roasts since i believe attacking someone for their grammar is like punching someone in the balls in a fight

Last edited:

Conflict

is the 9th Smogon Classic Winneris a Three-Time Past SPL Championis the defending GSC Circuit Champion
World Defender
-Tsunami- keep it coming your posts are one of the few good ones we still get nowadays and entertain me greatly. Moreso the long predictions/power rankings with indepth writing. Reminds me of the good old times (2009-14/15ish) where forum beef and shit was still big and provided for a great source of entertainment.

@ everyone that gets called unviable: suck it up and prove youre better. why whine about being called a bad player??? Thats literally the best thing to happen to anyone. Cant disappoint any expectations if there werent any in the first place. And well if you actually do perform people are going to take notice and then you get the sweet satisfaction of rubbing it in your haters (aka shake's) face. Win:win.
Seems to me that a lot of you guys are just not able to realize you arent as great as you make yourself out to be. Sometimes a mirror is needed.

(Also in all seriousness are you guys all really taking shake's overdramatic and somewhat satiric posts at face value? ffs just view them as entertainment and move on or take it to motivate yourself to do better.....)

On another note: 中国加油

Last edited:

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
feel like this is echoed a lot but come on one of the best feelings you can get from this site is proving the dumbasses, haters, and dumbass haters wrong. if some dude like shake is just flaming you and calling you unviable just start winning and shut them up because it's 100x better than just feeling bad about it or making call-out posts to the haters. ik from experience that being doubted/memed/made fun of was a great motivator for me to start winning games, and I think it's funny as hell to see how people change their perception of you and how they interact with you after you start winning. the best call-out post is to just win and shut them up so they don't speak negatively about you in future posts

tl;dr stop wasting your time responding to posts and just win in the videogame gaming

goooooooooooooooooo china this is the year boys

Iguana

formerly mc56556
Hey, everyone! Iguana here to share some early WCoP Qualifying thoughts!

1. When I signed up to make a spreadsheet for the WCoP Qualifiers schedule, I had no idea it would be quite this exciting! This has definitely exceeded my expectations.
2. Not everyone's first language on Smogon/Showdown in English, and that's perfectly okay. English is a remarkably difficult language to learn for non-native speakers, so faulting a person for not writing with perfect grammar in a foreign language when it's entirely beside the point is a dick move.
3. Posho is wonderful.
4. I'll be goddamned if Greece isn't currently winning their series without using a single Clefable in SS OU. So beautiful. Please keep it up.
5. Am I the only one who has been super excited about these matches so far?
6. Shake...I enjoy our banter, but come on, man. I have an idea for you. We've discussed your hatred of going outdoors, and while I still hope to convince you otherwise someday, that day won't be today because we're in a pandemic. So, with this plentiful time on your hands, why don't you learn SS OU and try and kick some butt instead of just calling people dogshit losers from the sideline?
7. GREECE MOTHERFUCKERS
8. Excited to see what else happens this first round! :)

I don't think any player's motivation to become better at this game should come from wanting to prove a point to someone. The motivation should simply come from yourself, and you should be capable of judging your own performance. The moment you start playing this game to prove this other person wrong, your enjoyment in the game becomes solely focused on whether that other person is pleased with your performance. It's essentially like giving that other person your "happiness switch" and they can choose when to press it or not. If you start playing your games with the motivation that someone bolds you or speaks well of you in their predictions, you start to silently set yourself up to be crushed mentally the day you hear the opposite of these words. The other reason why you shouldn't be motivating yourself like this is because proving a point to others requires that these 'others' care, which they don't. I don't check the smogtours discord often, but I've seen instances where people ask another if they would be bolded in the next week's predictions, which is simply approval-seeking. This isn't to say that you shouldn't feel better by hearing people commend you for your improvement, but just that wanting to be better should be something that you want for yourself and that you should be able to judge it for yourself.

My advice to the newer players would be to simply block the people that make playing this game feel less enjoyable, and surround yourself with friends that help do the opposite.

+6 252 SpA Mew Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Unaware Clefable: 141-166 (35.7 - 42.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 252 SpA Mew Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Unaware Clefable: 147-174 (37.3 - 44.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

is that so?

Also, Shake's type of smogtours culture makes playing in front of the Smogon crowd incredibly stressful and unfun, and I would be glad to see it go.
I just want to clarify that I liked because of the first part of this post

Alastor Law

The Black Parade
is a Past SPL Champion
Warning , if you have any pets , feed them beforehand if you play with, cause i swear to god if you hit me up with the "i have to feed my kitten" you better be sure im gonna murder that cat of yours. just saying no hard feelings
So you decided to step out of irrelevancy for yet another year just to remember us all the moment I had a newborn kitten and had to leave a battle in a rush. That's hilarious bro. It's a shame that, in the end, I got both an amazing pet and a win against a clown who would sell his own mother for a positive record in a Pokemon forum. There's nothing more satisfying than that. Keep farming losses and complaining about that match in 2016; being only known for that after playing for 4 years just speaks for itself, really. Oh, and by the way

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-29 at 12.41.08.jpeg

Your majesty Harry sends his regards

Peace

Heroic Troller

Through the Sea of Time
is a Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
World Defender
So you decided to step out of irrelevancy for yet another year just to remember us all the moment I had a newborn kitten and had to leave a battle in a rush. That's hilarious bro. It's a shame that, in the end, I got both an amazing pet and a win against a clown who would sell his own mother for a positive record in a Pokemon forum. There's nothing more satisfying than that. Keep farming losses and complaining about that match in 2016; being only known for that after playing for 4 years just speaks for itself, really. Oh, and by the way

View attachment 249806

Your majesty Harry sends his regards

Peace
I can't believe to this day you still bring up that as if you were right, if the cat was STARVING for real (but i'd more incline to believe he wasn't and it was you being pathetic and forcing a stop with moral shit) you had to leave the stupid pokemon battle and go feed him immediatly, instead you had the bright idea of arguing an hour because it was more important not to lose the pokemon battle. If i was you i'd probably bury myself in shame hoping everyone forgets how much pathetic i am. Where do you find the audacity to still talk after all that? This is amazing. Using his own pet as an excuse to force rematch in pokemon, good God lmao do yourself a favor and shut up once and for all

If i had to point anyone in this thread to be the most likely to sell his mother for wins it would be you, what a clown

Last edited:
I can't believe to this day you still bring up that as if you were right, if the cat was STARVING for real (but i'd more incline to believe he wasn't and it was you being pathetic and forcing a stop with moral shit) you had to leave the stupid pokemon battle and go feed him immediatly, instead you had the bright idea of arguing an hour because it was more important not to lose the pokemon battle. If i was you i'd probably bury myself in shame hoping everyone forgets how much pathetic i am. Where do you find the audacity to still talk after all that? This is amazing. Using his own pet as an excuse to force rematch in pokemon, good God lmao do yourself a favor and shut up once and for all

If i had to point anyone in this thread to be the most likely to sell his mother for wins it would be you, what a clown
LMAOOOOOO BROOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)